2017-2018 UCEAP Spain Student Visa Guidelines - UC Education

2017-2018 UCEAP Spain Student Visa Guidelines - UC Education

2017-2018 UCEAP Spain Student Visa Guidelines For stays under 180 days A visa is a document issued by the government of Spain which indicates that you...

268KB Sizes 0 Downloads 3 Views

Recommend Documents

France Student Visa Instructions 2016-17 - UC Education Abroad
Mar 1, 2016 - The French visa application process and instructions as they appear in the ... Hawaii, Guam, Idaho, Montan

Spain Student Visa Guide - My CEA Account
The goal of CEA's Spain Student Visa Guide is to help students understand the Spanish student visa application process.

Student Visa Guidelines - Mont'Kiara International School
Malaysia. Student Visa Guidelines. All expatriate students who are in .... This facility is accorded to both Expatriate

UCEAP Latin American History - UC Education Abroad Program
Spain in the post-colonial period as constructed in the capital of the former Empire. ... By taking a Spanish perspectiv

UCEAP Guide to Study Abroad, 2017-2018 - UC Education Abroad
THINK ABOUT SAFETY: BE PREPARED AND. HAVE A PLAN. Prepare for a safe experience abroad. The majority of UCEAP students w

Visa Guidelines - FRANCE
Sep 6, 2017 - Residents of Michigan will consult the French Consulate in Chicago for ... residents must apply for their

Education System Spain - Nuffic
Education system Spain | EP-Nuffic | 2nd edition March 2011 | version 2, January ... This document provides information

Checklist for Delhi - India BLS Spain Visa
SPAIN CHECKLIST. Important information for all applicants: 1. Intended date of travel to the Schengen territory: 2. Betw

Purpose. The purpose of the ISM‐NC student internship program is to provide students with an opportunity to gain workp

For International Student Quotas for 20172018 Academic Year please
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txtLearn more

2017-2018 UCEAP Spain Student Visa Guidelines For stays under 180 days A visa is a document issued by the government of Spain which indicates that you are allowed to enter Spain. All U.S. citizens on EAP must obtain a student visa in his or her passport from a Spanish Consulate before departure for Spain. In order to apply for a visa, you must first have a valid, signed passport. The Consulate will keep your passport until your visa is ready.

If you are not a U.S. Citizen, contact the nearest Spanish Consulate immediately, as there may be different instructions for nationals of other countries. Be sure to also read the section in the “Student Life” chapter of the UC EAP Guide to Study Abroad titled "Documents for Non-U.S. Citizens." Undocumented Students and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Students: Consult with an immigration attorney free of charge on your campus to determine if study abroad is right for you. If you are currently enrolled as a student at UC Berkeley, contact the Undocumented Student Program http://undocu.berkeley.edu. If you are currently enrolled as a student at UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC San Francisco, UC Santa Barbara, or UC Santa Cruz, contact the UC Undocumented Legal Services Center at [email protected] To receive a visa is a privilege, not a right. Consulates reserve the right not to grant a visa. Issuing or denying a visa is an act of the Government of Spain. Each student is responsible for gathering all required documents and applying for a visa well in advance of the program start date. If your visa is denied or you are turned away due to missing, incomplete, or incorrect items, UCEAP can do nothing to assist you. UCEAP provides these general guidelines as a courtesy; students should contact the Consulate of Spain for visa requirements and procedures. Questions regarding your visa should be directed to the Consulate of Spain. The Government of Spain may change instructions, fees, and requirements at any time, without notice. This visa information provided by UCEAP is not a substitute for the Spanish Consulate’s official visa application instructions.

Be sure to contact the consulate about their visa requirements prior to your visa appointment, in case their requirements have changed by the time you have your visa appointment. Remember, these are guidelines and the consulate is the entity that has final say on their requirements for visa application.

You may apply at the Spanish Consulate in Los Angeles if your permanent address or your University address is in one of the following California Counties: Los Angeles, San Diego, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura You may apply at the Spanish Consulate in San Francisco if your permanent address or your University address is in a California County that is not listed above. If you live in a county that is under one consulate’s jurisdiction but attend a University that is in the other consulate’s jurisdiction, you may choose which consulate you want to handle your visa application. Keep in mind where you will be during the time of your scheduled visa appointment. If your permanent address and your University address are in the jurisdiction of the same consulate, that is the consulate that you will go to for your visa application appointment. Your address will be verified by ID, which include driver’s license, voter ID, or student ID. Refer to the Consulate’s list of Required Documents and follow the steps below to gather the required documents for your application appointment at the Consulate. If you’re applying at the Los Angeles Consulate, refer to this list of Required Documents. If you’re applying at the San Francisco Consulate, refer to this list of Required Documents. Step#1: Schedule an appointment with the Spanish Consulate to apply for your visa. Make an appointment online to apply for your visa. You will need to apply for your visa in person. Go to the website of the consulate that is appropriate for you according to your permanent address or your university address as listed above. The online appointment scheduling system for the consulate in San Francisco can be accessed at https://app.bookitit.com/es/hosteds/widgetdefault/21a8d76163e6f2dc0e5ca528c922d37c3#datetime. The online appointment scheduling system for the consulate in Los Angeles can be accessed at https://app.timetrade.com/tc/login.do?url=spanconsul. All appointments are made and canceled online. You must apply 40 days before your departure date. Appointments do fill up! You can change it later if necessary. Note that the appointment system may only allow you to reschedule appointments a limited number of times. When making your appointment consider the application window that your visa appointment will need to be in (see chart below). It is better to get an appointment early in your window, in case there is a problem and you need to return to the consulate more than once. Your visa is not guaranteed to be processed on time if you apply after the window closes. Appointments fill up fast! If you plan on going to Spain earlier than the program start date, be aware that your application window will shift based on your departure date and you will need an earlier appointment. If you don’t see an available appointment within your application window, take the appointment that is as close to the window as possible and then keep checking back a few times per hour for an appointment that is within the window. Appointments pop up when other people cancel, so keep checking the appointment scheduling system – even in the middle of the night! Visa Application Windows:

Program Complutense Univ. of Madrid Univ. of Barcelona Univ. of Granada Carlos III University: Hispanic Studies Language & Culture, Univ. of Córdoba Contemporary Spain, UC Madrid

Schedule Program Option appointment Start Date by: Fall 8/23/17 3/25/17 Fall 8/21/17 3/23/17 Fall 8/16/17 3/18/17 Fall 8/28/17 3/30/17 Fall 9/10/17 4/12/17 Fall 8/24/17 3/26/17

Consulate Appointment Window 4/25/17 - 7/14/17 4/23/17 - 7/12/17 4/18/17 - 7/7/17 4/30/17 - 7/19/17 5/13/17 - 8/1/17 4/26/17 - 7/15/17

Step #2: Passport Make several copies of your passport. Your passport and a copy of your passport are required at your visa appointment. You will need to surrender your passport to the consulate at your visa appointment, so do not plan to travel during the time that your visa is being processed. The Spanish Consulate may hold on to your passport for 30 – 60 days. As part of the UCEAP pre-departure requirements, you will need to turn in a photocopy of your passport picture and signature pages to the UCEAP Systemwide Office, so be sure to keep a couple of copies of your passport picture and signature pages prior to your visa appointment. Step #3: Evidence of Funds When you apply for your visa, you will be required to provide evidence of funds for the duration of the program. You will need to prove that you have at least €533 per month. Funding may be in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and/or personal support for the duration of your program. If you will be receiving financial aid, your UC campus financial aid office can provide this letter to you. Be sure to contact them well before your appointment so they will have at least a week or two to process the letter. If you will not be receiving financial aid, you will need to provide an Evidence of Funds letter, signed by a parent and notarized by a notary public. The LA Consulate requires the 3 most recent bank statements of your parent/guardian to accompany this letter. Please refer to the sample Evidence of Funds Letter, available here http://eap.ucop.edu/Documents/_forms/1718/Spain/Common/Financial_resources.pdf Plan ahead to get the letter signed and notarized before your appointment. Your parent must sign this document in the presence of a notary to make it valid. Make a copy of the original Financial Aid letter or Evidence of Funds letter for your records. The LA Consulate also allows the option for the applicant to present his/her 3 most recent bank statements that show his/her name in order to meet the proof of funds requirement. Step #4: Passport Photos The consulates in Los Angeles and San Francisco have different passport photo requirements, so check the consulate’s instructions for the number of passport photos they require to be turned in at the visa appointment. These passport photos may be taken by a professional passport service available at many locations, including Costco, US Post Offices, WalMart, Walgreens, etc. Step #5: Visa Application Form You will use the National Visa Application form found on your Spanish Consulate’s website. You will need multiple copies of your application form for your visa appointment. See the Visa FAQ document on the UCEAP Pre-departure checklist for tips on completing the National Visa Application form. Step #6: Acceptance Letter and Participation Letter You will receive your Acceptance Letter and your Participation letter directly from your Campus EAP office. These letters are very important and must be kept in a safe place. The original acceptance letter is required for your application, and it cannot be replaced. You will need to take the participation letter with you to your visa appointment as well. This letter serves as the “Proof of Travel Insurance” that is required for your visa application. Be sure to make copies of these letters for your records and to take with you when you travel abroad. The Consulate will not return your original documents to you. Step #7: Proof of Travel Insurance Your Participation Letter will act as Proof of Travel Insurance and will be attached to your Acceptance Letter. Step #8: Airline Itinerary/Ticket The SF consulate requires an itinerary of your travel to Spain. If you have purchased your plane ticket, take a copy with you. If you have not yet purchased a ticket, then select appropriate flights from an online travel web site and print them out as a possible itinerary. The LA consulate does not require travel information.

Please refer to your program guide in your Pre-Departure Checklist for more information about airline ticket purchases for UCEAP programs. Step#9: Visa Fee Check with the consulate prior to your appointment to see the latest fee. You can pay the fee with a money order. The SF Consulate also allows applicants to pay in cash (exact change). No personal checks or credit cards are accepted. The visa fee is non-refundable. Step #10: Self Addressed Pre-Paid Envelope When your visa has been approved and is ready, the consulate will mail your visa to you if you provide a self-addressed envelope. Your will need to enter your name and address in the “To” and “From” fields of the envelope. The SF Consulate only accepts a pre-paid USPS Express Mail Envelope with the appropriate flat rate stamp, no metered stamp or other courier services will be accepted at the SF Consulate. The LA Consulate accepts a pre-paid USPS Express Mail Envelope with the appropriate flat rate stamp, no metered stamp. The LA Consulate also accepts a prepaid FedEx envelope. The envelope will need to include pre-paid postage, as the consulate will not pay the postage for mailing your visa. The postage must be stamps affixed to the envelope; a metered stamp is not acceptable. You will want to make sure that the shipping method is traceable since your passport and visa will be inside of it and you don’t want them to get lost in the mail. It is your responsibility to keep your receipt with the tracking number. Select to have a signature required for delivery so that your envelope with your passport and visa will not be left at your doorstep. The LA Consulate also requires that you submit a signed Disclaimer with your envelope. You may also return to the consulate during public hours to pick up your visa in person. Check with the consulate to see if they only allow pick-up during specific hours. Step #11: When you arrive in Spain Do not enter Spain prior to the start date on your visa! Your passport must be stamped by immigration authorities upon arrival in Spain. We do not recommend you travel prior to your program start date, however if you do, be sure to get your passport stamped when you enter Spain. If you do not have your passport stamped, contact the Study Center immediately. You will most likely need to go to a local police station with your plane ticket to show as proof of entry into Spain. Keep your boarding pass or ticket stub to prove your arrival date. Take photocopies of all visa application documents with you in your carry-on luggage, including the acceptance letter from your host university. Be sure to keep your passport and visa safe. It is recommended that you keep a photocopy of your passport and visa with you at all times and keep your passport and visa in a safe place. Take your originals with you when traveling. Your visa is valid for the length of your program or for a maximum of 180 days. If you plan to travel around Spain after the 180 days, you will need to leave the country and return. U.S. citizens will be allowed to stay in the Schengen Area as a tourist for up to 90 days total in a 180 day period.