China WebQuest Part I: Mao Zedong 1. Who was Mao Zedong? What was his early life like?
2. Explain his beliefs regarding government.
3. What happened to him in 1949?
4. Explain the Five Year Plan that he developed.
Part II: Great Leap Forward 5. When did it take place? 6. What was it? 7. What did Mao Zedong believe were the two primary tasks that China should seek to accomplish?
8. What was a commune? Explain them.
9. By 1958 ___________ people had been placed into __________ communes. 10. How did the government accomplish this? (#10)
11. What were “back-yard” production plants? 12. What phrase did Mao use to introduce the Great Leap Forward?
13. What happened to the Great Leap? 14. Explain the consequences of the Great Leap.
15. What happened in 1960? Part III: The Cultural Revolution 16. When was it? Explain.
17. What event marked the beginning of it? 18. Explain Mao Zedong’s beliefs.
19. Who was the Red Guard? 20. Explain the results of the Cultural Revolution.