COUNTY OF LAKE
G. R. SHAUL Public Works Director
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS Courthouse - 255 North Forbes Street Lakeport. California 95453-4790 Telephone (707) 263-2341 FAX (707) 263-77 4 8
SUE A. ARTERBURN Flood Control Director
FLOOD AND LAKE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS DIVISION SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSTRUCTION WITHIN THE SHOREZONE OF CLEAR LAKE Fcilcwinc -8 an informal summary of the requirements for construction or alterations within the shcrezcre of Clear Lake. You may find details of the requirements in Chapter 23 of the Lake County Ccce, the Clear Lake Sncreline Ordinance cr by contacting Division staff. = Zero Rumsey (1,318.26 ft. M.S.L.) NOTE: Low Water Mark = ft. Rumsey (1,326.05 ft. M.S.L.) Hich Water Mark = 12/4 ft. Rumsey (1,331 ft. M.S.L.) 100 year-Flood Level Fill and Retaining Walls
• No fill or excavation is permitted lakeward of the High Water Mark. • No ;c :;on of a retaining wall (including footing) is permitted lakeward of the High Water Mark. •
.etain.r.c wails must be constructed to a minimum height of 11.5 ft. Rumsey.
• Retaining wails greater than 4 ft. in height must be encineered (per Building Division). • A '77; Survey" is required prior to construction of a retaining wall on a vacant parcel (3 points min=umi. The survey must be performed by a licensed land surveyor or civil engineer. An
crlc:rai with a iver. seai and 2 copies are required for permit approval. • Repairs to an existing retaining wall may extend up to 2 ft. lakeward of the existing retaining wail. Piers. Floats. Boat Lifts. Docks. Conduit. Buoys. etc.
• Nc living quarters are permitted lakeward of the High Water Mark. • All structures are subject to a 10 ft. setback from adjacent property lines. ■•'
All structures are subject to a height limit of +20 ft. Rumsey.
• No structure may extend farther than 100 ft. lakeward of zero Rumsey or lakeward of minus IC feet Rumsey, whichever is most limiting. • Enclosed areas (fish houses, enclosed storage, etc.) lakeward of the High Water Mark cannot be larger than 100 sq. ft. and must be open on at least one side. • Buoys may be placed no further than 200 feet lakeward of the most lakeward point of the
encroachment structure. (over)
• Disturbance of vegetation is prohibited lakeward of the High Water Mark. Exceptions recuir approval by the Department of Fish & Game. • An encroachment lease is required for structures lakeward of the Low Water Mark. application is available at Public Works counter.
A Lakebed Management permit is required for construction or placement of flits, retaining walls. piers, floats, boat lifts, docks, buoys, or any other construction that is lakeward of the Hion Water Mark. It is not a building permit. Permits or approval may also be required from: Lake County Community Development Department 2E5 North Forbes Street Lakeport, CA 95453
Regional Water Quality Control Scarp' Central Valley Region 3443 Routier Road, Suite A Sacramento, CA 95827-3098 (916) 2E5-3000
South Lake Civic Center Clearlake, CA 95422 (707) 994-6285
California Department of Fish & Game P. O. Box 47 Yauntville, CA 94599 (707) 944-5500 -
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers 1325 J St. . Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 557-5260
Within Incorporated Area:
City cf Lakeport 225 Park St. P. 0. Sox 115 Lakeport, CA 95453 (707) 253-5614 City cf Cleariake 14050 Olympic Cr. Clearlake, CA 95422 (707) 994-8201
P4ease consult Flood and Lake Management Programs permits/approvals for a particular project:
Division to identify necessary
Department of Public Works Flood and Lake Management Programs Division 255 North Forbes Street, Room 309 Lakeport, California 95453 Phone: (707) 263-2341 or 994-4824
v. • ve- a...
0.00 -r7.79 RUMSEY RUMqZY PUELTC PROPERTv :
;_,__PUELIO TRUST J EASE: 'NT —71
-MAX. HI: --T OF STRUCTURE RUMc ---","
r.1.17,177.7.1„= PROP T."
:00' Ma 7. _ROM 77-77::0 TO 77-, OF' cTR-7CTU
No R7.7-7A7N7NG 7g27.7.c.:, 7 XCAVIIT 7 ON CR L.712NG QUIl_RTERS
RUMSEY SURVEY CONTOUR POINTS (3 MINIMUM REQUIRED
• 10' SETEACX FROM PROPERTY LINE TO STRUC=E
water line of Clear Lake. e.
The low water line of Clear Lake constituting the
boundary between sovereign ownership and upland fee ownership is
the elevation of 0.00, Rumsey Gauge datum as st.L: - dyed by the
State Lands Commission and described in a set of maps titled
6' "Maps of Low Water Line of Clear Lake, Lake County, California.' 7
The low water boundary between defendants' lands and sovereign
lands of Clear Lake is 0.00 feet on the Rumsey Gauge as surveyed
by the State Lands Commission and as depicted in Sheets 24 and 25
10 ! of a set of maps titled "Maps of Low Water Line of Clear Lake, 11
Lake County, California." Said low water boundary between the
lands owned by plaintiffs and the lands owned by defendants is
more particularly described in Exhibit 3 attached hereto and
incorporated herein by reference.
The portions of the property described in Exhibit 2
attached hereto which are lakeward of the high water line of
Clear Lake are subject to the public trust easement for purposes
o f commerce, navigation, fisheries and related uses, and any
rights of defendants are subject to said public trust easement.
20 21 22
The high water line of Clear Lake is the high water
elevation of 7.79 feet, Rumsey Gauge datum.
Plaintiffs' Second Cause of Action for Declaratory Relief
a. Defendants have no right, title or interest in any
real property lying lakeward of the low water line, as described
in Exhibit 1 attached hereto.
Defendants have no right to arect or maintain
piers, wharves, seawalls, breakwaters, floats, other structures,