Security Empowers Business
Blue Coat is committed to providing quality technical support to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. Blue Coat’s 24/7 “follow the sun” service model provides customers direct access to our Global Support Center staff of highly experienced and certified customer support engineers. To help expedite customer support, Blue Coat manages all technical product questions under a valid support contract through a case handling process. When a case is opened, either by contacting a Global Support Center or through the BlueTouch Online support portal, technical information about the product, environment, and customer site will be verified and a service severity level assigned to the case. Service severity is defined by problem type and technical impact and sets guidelines for response times, update frequency, and escalation time. By setting severity levels, Blue Coat is able to assign the right resources to any customer call and allow for the timely resolution of technical issues. Severity Definitions SEVERITY LEVEL
SEVERITY 1 (CRITICAL)
• Network or application outage, network/application is “Down“, no workaround. • Critical customer business operation is fully impaired by inadequate performance. • Impaired functionality, critically impacting customer’s business operations.
SEVERITY 2 (HIGH)
• Operational aspect of network or application is severely degraded. • Continuous or frequent instabilities affecting customer business or network operations. • Inability to deploy a feature, function or capability. • Successful workaround in place for a S1 issue.
SEVERITY 3 (MEDIUM)
• Performance of the network or application is impaired with limited impact to business operations. • A functional, stress or performance failure with a workaround. • Successful workaround in place for a S2 issue.
SEVERITY 4 (LOW)
• Operational issues for certain features/capabilities with no impact to business operations and no loss of functionality. • General “how-to” questions. • Documentation/process issues.
Response & Escalation Times SEVERITY LEVEL
8 business hours
5 business days
3 business days
10 business days
* BlueTouch Online (BTO) can be used to open high severity support requests and upload relevant diagnostic information for any support request. It is recommended to follow up by phone, referencing the case number, for any high severity support request submitted on BTO. ** Blue Coat will make every reasonable effort to resolve the reported customer problem, provide a work-around or escalate to the next level within the times listed. Blue Coat makes no commitment to resolve an issue within a specific time.
CUSTOMER CASE HANDLING
Security Empowers Business
Response time is the time between initial contact and active engagement by a support engineer or duty manager. The response times are targets only. Actual response times may vary. • Severity 1 requests are responded to on a 24/7 basis. • Severity 2 requests are responded to on a 24/7 basis as agreed to between the customer and Blue Coat. • Severity 3 and 4 are responded to during normal business hours for the region where the case originated. Hardware support is determined by the support agreement in place for the appliance requiring assistance. Hardware replacement terms and conditions are outlined on http://www.bluecoat.com/support/supportpolicies/warranty-info.
Case Escalation to Duty Manager To further enhance customer satisfaction and drive towards the most effective case management, a duty manager is on call to assist customers who may feel that the severity of their issue has not been accurately characterized, or the response has not been within the stated timelines. To expedite the resolution or elevate the severity of a reported
problem, please contact the on call duty manager by requesting a call transfer from the Customer Support Engineer to whom the case is assigned or by calling the direct contact line listed on the Contact Support & Services page. The duty manager role is not a replacement to the existing Blue Coat support processes, but is intended to be a resource for customers to review the assigned case severity level, request changes to the severity level, or discuss additional management focus and attention. When contacting the duty manager, please provide: • A current, active case number • Clear contact information in the event of call-back, including: ›› Primary contact name ›› Primary contact telephone number ›› E-mail information ›› Alternative contact(s) in the event of unavailability qof the primary contact Failure to provide this information may result in longer response times.
Contact Information Blue Coat Systems Inc. www.bluecoat.com Corporate Headquarters Sunnyvale, CA +1.408.220.2200 EMEA Headquarters Hampshire, UK +44.1252.554600 APAC Headquarters Singapore +65.6826.7000
Blue Coat Support Website http://www.bluecoat.com/support BlueTouch Online Customer Portal http://bto.bluecoat.com BlueTouch Online Knowledge Base http://kb.bluecoat.com Blue Coat Customer Support For local toll, as well as select toll-free numbers to reach Blue Coat technical support, customer care and duty manager go to: Worldwide http://bluecoat.com/support/technical-support/contact-service-support
© 2015 Blue Coat Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Blue Coat, the Blue Coat logos, ProxySG, PacketShaper, CacheFlow, IntelligenceCenter, CacheEOS, CachePulse, Crossbeam, K9, the K9 logo, DRTR, Mach5, Packetwise, Policycenter, ProxyAV, ProxyClient, SGOS, WebPulse, Solera Networks, the Solera Networks logos, DeepSee, “See Everything. Know Everything.”, “Security Empowers Business”, and BlueTouch are registered trademarks or trademarks of Blue Coat Systems, Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. This list may not be complete, and the absence of a trademark from this list does not mean it is not a trademark of Blue Coat or that Blue Coat has stopped using the trademark. All other trademarks mentioned in this document owned by third parties are the property of their respective owners. This document is for informational purposes only. Blue Coat makes no warranties, express, implied, or statutory, as to the information in this document. Blue Coat products, technical services, and any other technical data referenced in this document are subject to U.S. export control and sanctions laws, regulations and requirements, and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree to comply strictly with these laws, regulations and requirements, and acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain any licenses, permits or other approvals that may be required in order to export, re-export, transfer in country or import after delivery to you. v.SB-CUSTOMER-CASE-HANDLING-EN-v3b-0115