FAQ 1. How many terminals does the Hyderabad airport have? RGIA Airport has presently one integrated Terminal for domestic and international arrivals and departures and one Special Handling Haj Terminal.
2. How early should I arrive at the airport before my flight? It is recommended that you arrive 90 minutes prior to departure for check-in and security screening for domestic flights. For International Flights, please arrive 180 minutes prior to for check-in and security screening.
3. Is a parent allowed to accompany a child through check-in? Parents of unaccompanied minors need to contact respective airlines for the handover procedure before check in. There is a procedure to be followed for Unaccompanied Minor (UNMR) OR young passenger (YTH).
4. Is there any Child Care lounge facility at the airport? Separate Child Care Lounges are not available but Nappy change rooms are available at Departures and Arrivals. We are working towards providing a Nursing room.
5. Is Wi-Fi facility available at the airport? The Airport is Wi-Fi enabled. To access internet, the system prompts for the browser to enter the mobile number after which a username and password to access internet is sent to the user.
6. Is there any accommodation facility in and around the airport?
6.1 Plaza Premium Lounge positioned at the level below the Airport Village offers _ Asian and Western style buffet meals _ Hot and cold beverages _ Hot shower _ Nap and shower packages (also available on hours of usage) _ Seated massage _ Internet and _ Left luggage service _ Conference room
6.2 Affordable facilities for economical stay are available at the Passenger Transportation Center. At the Dormitory one can avail. _ Convenient beds with attached lockers to store valuables _ Exclusive cloak room which offers maximum security to store luggage _ Non AC & AC rooms _ Individual rooms with attached bathroom & LCD _ 24/7 security _ Free shuttle service to and from the airport at intervals of 10 minutes _ Easy access to bus & taxi stand _ Exclusive rooms for ladies(on request/Group bookings)
6.3 Novotel - The Airport Hotel is situated near to Rotary 03 towards Srisailam Highway and is easily accessible through the Hotel Airport shuttle from Arrivals which is 5 minutes drive away from the airport Terminal. For reservations please contact your travel agent or the hotel directly.
7. What are the facilities available for special needs? RGIA Airport offers barrier free access for passengers. There are reserved parking slots, ramps & special rest rooms for passengers with special needs. In addition, wheel chairs are available at the departure ramp of the airport. Customer Service Executives at the airport assist and guide you during the journey. For further assistance, you are requested to contact your respective airline or the Airport Terminal Managers.
8. Can pregnant women travel on domestic flights? Yes, pregnant ladies are allowed to travel on domestic flights. However, a fitness certificate (certifying that the pregnant lady is fit to travel by Air) is required by the concerned doctor. Women above 32 weeks pregnancy are not allowed to travel by air. For further information please contact your respective airline.
9. Is there any waiting room facility at the airport? International passengers holding valid tickets can enter the terminal building only 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. However they can avail the lounge facility available at Plaza Premium located at the Car Park level or use the facility at the Passenger Transportation Center (PTC).
10. Does the airport have a money exchange facility? Weismann Forex counters are available at both arrivals and departures.
11. Can I carry medicines on board? Medicines in limited quantities which are necessary or appropriate for the guest during the journey, may be carried. For larger quantities a doctor’s prescription is mandatory. Please get in touch with the airline for more information. Please Note Liquids, Aerosols and Gels of 100 ml quantity only are permissible to be carried on person due to Security reasons.
12. Who do I contact if I have lost something at the airport? Unclaimed property found in the terminal and its vicinity are deposited at the Lost & Found desk located in Arrivals. The claimant should be in possession of the original or photo-copy of boarding card & Identity card or may authorize a representative (along with identity proof) to collect the property on his behalf. Please get in touch with the airport staff at the help desks if you are at the airport or write to us at [email protected]
13. How do I travel between terminals? There is only one integrated terminal and Please follow the signages or kindly get in touch with the Airport staff who will assist you or for any assistance Please contact the Information counter available at the Meeter’s and Greeters area for assistance.
14. Where can I give a feedback/make an enquiry about the airport? Feedback and enquiries can be made at the GMR Information Desks located at the Airport Village and Domestic Departures. Complaints, suggestions can also be made through the complaint management cell at [email protected]
15. Do you have a visitor area? The area outside Arrival Hall is the Meeter’s and Greeters area and is known as the Airport Village. Visitors are permitted to enter the airport on purchase of an Entry Ticket of Rs. 100/- (subject to certain conditions).
16. Is it possible to drop off and pick up someone in front of a terminal? Yes, vehicles are permitted to pull up curbside, but ONLY for picking up or dropping off passengers. Vehicles left unattended at the curb will be towed and fined.
17. Does the Airport have smoking areas? As per Government Order smoking is banned in public areas. At RGIA there are specially designed Smoking Lounges at Departures and Arrivals. Please Note Defaulters will attract a fine.
18. Does the airport have any medical facility? The Medical Centre at Airport is facilitated by Apollo Medical Centre, equipped with a 24-hour pharmacy and well-trained doctors and paramedics available round the clock at RGIA, to serve as an emergency treatment centre for passengers/visitors who may develop medical complications while on travel or in the airport premises. The airport also has an Ambulance on standby to cater to any medical emergency. Apart from this at car park Level ‘Hetero Pharmacy’ is available for convenience of the passengers.
19. What is the left luggage facility? Passengers who do not wish to carry their baggage for a short period of time while they go about their business can leave their baggage in the safe custody of an agency for a charge. Left Luggage facility at RGIA is provided by M/S Trident, having counters at arrivals and departures which operates round the clock. Information on services and rates can also be obtained by writing in to [email protected]
INTERNATIONAL ARRIVALS (5th counter before exit gate)
DEPARTURE TICKETING COUNTER (Between Spice Jet and Indigo counters)
DEPARTURE LEVEL COUNTER G-13
20. Does a Railway reservation counter exist at the airport? There is no exclusive Railway reservation counter available at RGIA Airport; however Railway reservations can be done through M/s Trident
Travel Services located at Departure Ticketing Counter (located Between Spice jet and Indigo counters).
21. What if my baggage did not arrive at the final destination? You may contact your respective Airlines and provide the details regarding your misplaced baggage.
22. What is the baggage size and weight allowed to be carried in a flight? It is advised that you contact your respective Airline for detailed information on baggage size and weight to be carried in the flight as all Airlines have got different parameters in this regard.
23. How can I check the flight arrival or departure timings? You can get the Flight Information from the Flight Information Display system screens (FIDS) available in the Terminal Building and through the homepage of our website for the latest updates. Flight Information can also be obtained directly by contacting your respective Airline.
24. How do I check routes and get timetable for flights? You may contact your concerned Airline website or your Travel Agent and get the route details and timetable of the flights.
25. What are the details of car parking in the airport? The Parking at RGIA Airport is managed by Tenaga Parking with the unique ‘Touch and Go’ concept. Contact for more information : Tenaga Car Park: 04066604205
26. Can I pre-book a car?
Cars can be pre-booked through the Carzonrent Car Rentals, Budget Car Rentals, and Akbar Travels Car Rentals
9703394444/04066603716 [email protected]
27. How do I plan my onward route from the airport? You could use any of the following options: 1. Hire a car from the car rental counters 2. Hire a radio taxi from Meru or Easy Cabs 3. Use the APSRTC Pushpak Liner service 4. APSRTC bus service 5. Prepaid Taxis
28. What happens if the goods I purchase at the airport are faulty? You may register your complaint at the GMR information counter regarding the faulty goods against the shop from where you made your purchase and necessary steps will be taken in this regard or contact us at [email protected]
and we will provide you the required assistance.
29. Can I use a credit card at the international airport? Credit cards can be used at all Retail Stores and Ticketing Counters.