IMAGINE YOUR HOME WITHOUT POWER The negative consequences of a power outage are easy to imagine. Frozen pipes bursting. Dangerous cold and punishing heat. Flooding basements, spoiled food, mold infiltration and more. Loss of contact with the outside world. Loss of control.
TOP CAUSES FOR POWER OUTAGES Source: Generac Power Outage Explorer 2012
10% - SNOW / ICE STORMS
62% STRONG STORMS
Generac invented the home standby generator category in 1977, and we still engineer and build them right here in Wisconsin. With over a million square feet of vertically integrated manufacturing and distributing space we are able to meet the needs of our customers. Power outages do not always occur during normal working hours- that is why we have implemented a 24/7-365 customer care call center right here in Wisconsin. That means we are standing by 24/7, every minute of every day to answer your calls.
7% - HURRICANE 7% - EQUIPMENT FAILURES 5% - OTHER
We are proud of our innovative product design, high quality and first-class reliability so that is why we stand behind them with a strong 5-year limited warranty.
5% - UNKNOWN 4% - HIGH WINDS
We promise to listen to our customer’s needs and continue to innovate with new solutions, like our new Mobile Link™ cellular monitoring system, so you’ll always know the status of your generator, no matter where you are.
ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME • Refrigeration/freezer for food and medicines • Furnace
Use until May 1:
• Air conditioning • Lighting – inside and outside • Clean water for drinking and bathing • Sump pump • Cooking appliances • Contact with the outside world; Internet, cell phone chargers, TV, radio and more
Use after May 1:
• Washing and drying clothes
AUTOMATIC STANDBY GENERATORS
• Security system • Garage door opener • Fans • Medical equipment • Charging power tools for use during the emergency and post-outage cleanup • Monetary loss from temporary relocation, hotel costs, dining out, property damage, etc.
Bulletin 0200010SBY Printed in USA 07.13 ©2013 Generac Power Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice Mobile Link sold separately.
Generac Power Systems, Inc. S45 W29290 Hwy. 59 Waukesha, WI 53189 1-888-GENERAC (1-888-436-3722)
SIZING A GENERATOR BASED ON YOUR NEEDS Generac’s standby generators provide the automatic backup power you need to protect your home and family during a power outage. Connected to your existing LP or natural gas fuel supply, it kicks in within seconds of determining power loss—automatically—and runs for as long as necessary until utility power returns. Generac’s Guardian Series lets you control your power, so life can go on. Discover how to take control of your power needs. Schedule your in-home consultation today.
By sizing your generator according to your needs instead of your home’s square footage, you won’t overspend or be surprised by inadequate coverage.
HOW IT WORKS If your power goes out, your generator comes on – automatically. It’s really that simple.
Essential Circuit Coverage
The generator system consists of a generator and transfer switch. The generator sits outside of your home or business just like a central air conditioner, while the transfer switch is located next to the main breaker box, and in some cases replaces it entirely.
Managed Whole-House Coverage
Economical solutions cover the basics, such as lights and refrigeration.
Power management gains more coverage from a smaller generator.
Complete Whole-House Coverage When the power goes out, everything comes on and stays on.
THE #1 NAME IN HOME STANDBY POWER
IT’S ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS I’VE EVER MADE IN THIS HOUSE. REAL
Consumers choose Generac automatic generators not only for their proven reliability, but also for the innovative features engineered with home and business owners in mind.
- David Panzarella
See video testimonials from Generac generator owners at Generac.com.
YOUR GENERATOR EXPERTS As experts in electricity, we are the preferred professional for backup generator installation. Our extensive knowledge of electrical systems allows us to provide the most cost effective installation that is completed correctly the first time. We are able to provide you with an in-home assessment that will correctly size the generator to your needs, not just by the size of your home. We are standing by with the solution to control your power in the event of an outage so your life can continue uninterrupted.
8 kW - 150 kW
Utility power is lost.
Generator automatically detects a problem.
Generator automatically turns on.
Electricity is automatically restored.
• Generac OHVI® Engine Purpose-built for generators to withstand extended run times
• Mobile Link™ Remote monitoring for added peace of mind *sold separately
• True Power™ Technology Utility grade power
• Evolution™ Controller Smart, user-friendly controls
• RhinoCoat™ Tough, durable enclosures
• DPM™ Technology Intelligent power management allows for more coverage with a smaller generator
• Convenient Installation Certified for optimal placement 18" away from a building • Quiet-Test™ Quiet operation during weekly exercise *Some features are exclusive to certain models.
• Fuel Options Ability to run on natural gas or LP fuel • 5 -Year Limited Warranty