International Student Assistance Programs Category
New student orientation Buddy students are assigned as mentors to help settle in Cultural festivals from different countries held on a quarterly basis
Student Services New students: Aptitude and psychological tests Office Special counseling: Special counseling specifically International for underachieving students in each semester Office
Academic Affairs Office International Office
12 credits for Korean Language and 2 credits for Korean History classes. Free TOPIK Preparation classes for Intermediate (Levels 3 and 4) and Advanced (Levels 5 and 6) levels
Department of General Education and Teaching Profession International Office
Housing priority in the Residence Hall Lounge for foreign students in the Residence Hall
International Student Insurance (mandatory) Emergency Network in case of emergency Designated hospitals for patients Periodic health examinations
Student Services Office International Office
Assistant services in legal affairs relating to International immigration and visa Office Full-time counselors for civil and criminal cases Emergency response manual related to legal affairs
Traditional Korean holiday experience (New Year, Residence Hall Chuseok) each year Opportunities to participate in a variety of cultural International Office experiences, such as Korean festivals and events
Employment agreements with domestic and foreign companies as well as local companies Special lectures on jobs for international students: Once per semester Recommended jobs for international students: We recommend students with a GPA over 3.0 and a TOPIK over Level 4 to domestic and international companies (2 to 3 times) and provide employment opportunities.
Introduction to the City of Gumi Location Gumi is located in the central region of the Korean peninsula; in the western portion of the province, Gyeongsangbuk-do. Gumi is a small city with a population of 400,000, and the Gumi National Industrial Complex is the backbone of Korea’s national industry and economy. Gumi can be reached by air by going from the capital, Seoul, to Daegu. From Daegu, a 30 Gyeongsangbuk-do minute train ride will have you in Gumi. Gumi is ideally Gumi located, providing the benefits of accessible transit as an export center.
Technology Creator, K I T
Kumoh National Institute of Technology
Seoul Republic of Korea Gyeongsangbuk-do
Employment Management Division International Exchange Education Institute
1. The city has the largest information technology industrial complex, where leading companies in Korea, such as Samsung, LG, and Daewoo are located in complexes 1, 2, 3, and 4 (720 million square meters)
1. Digital Building
2. Global Building
3. Techno Building
4. Main Building
6. Student’s Building
9. Golf Learning Center
Gumi National Industrial Complex 1. Also known as the Silicon Valley of Korea and the mecca of the Korean electronic industry, the Gumi National Industrial Complex is connected with major industrial cities in the Southeastern area of Korea and forms an industrial belt. 2. The Gumi National Industrial Complex accounts for 15% of the world’s display industry production and ranks first and third in global PDP, LCD, and mobile phone production. 3. The Gumi National Industrial Complex represents 11% of the country’s national exports and 80% of Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do exports. Gumi reached 30 billion dollars in exports in 2006.
7. Residence Hall
The International Programs and Language Education Center Kumoh National Institute of Technology Daehak-ro 61, Gumi, Gyeongbuk 730-701 South Korea TEL : +82-54-478-7215, 7216 / FAX : +82-54-478-7222 E-mail : [email protected]
(for Graduate Program) [email protected]
(for Korean Language Program & undergraduate Program )
Overview of the Korean Language Program We are trying to teach international students who are interested in learning the Korean language in a systematic way, provide foreigners with opportunities to better understand Korea by helping them experience Korean culture, secure a research workforce by attracting international talent to the school, and enforce the competitive capabilities of the university for the age of globalization.
International Student Admission Guide Scholarship Sections
30% out of all int’l students by level 1,2,3 1 year tuition exemption within the scholarship funds if applicants have one of scores. - TOPIK(level 3), TOEFL(PBT550, CBT210, IBT80), IELTS(5.5), TEPS(550) Exemption of room & board
Graduate Exchange student
The lowest level of tuition in Korean universities(approx. USD 1,900 )
1. Admission Requirements
- Regular Program: 1 semester, 400 hours (20 weeks)
2. Hours of Instruction Class hours (days)
Regular Program 4 hours Topik Preparation Program 2 hours (Intermediate & Advance)
Class hours per week
Total number of Remarks class hours
20 hours (Monday 400 hours to Friday) (20 weeks)
4 hours (Tuesday, 48 hours per Thursday) semester
International students(whose parents are both foreigners) who is a high school graduate or will soon graduate and has completed all elementary and middle school-level courses in their country of origin will be considered.
2. Minimum Academic Requirements Category
Types and Minimum Requirements
Test of Proficiency in Korean Score
TOPIK Level 3 at the time of admission, Level 4 at graduation
English Proficiency Test Score
Choose one of the following: TOEFL score of 550, CBT 210, iBT 80, IELTS 5.5, TEPS score of 550
3. Programs: Admissions and transfers Topik Preparation Classes (Intermediate and Advanced) funded by KIT allow students to choose a class based on their Korean proficiency level and take the same class again if attendance is over 90%.
3. Requirements - Foreigners with a high school diploma or equivalent - Foreigners residing in Korea and abroad and Korean nationals abroad
4. Required Documents (1) Application Form (including a photo) (2) Self Introduction - original document plus a copy, translated into Korean or English (3) Study Plan - original document plus a copy, translated into Korean or English (4) Diploma from the last school attended - In Korean or English (5) Transcript from the last school attended - In Korean or English (6) Bank statement by applicant’s name (over USD 3,000) (7) Passport (8) Parents’ employment or financial documentation - In Korean or English Additional documents may be required, depending on the applicant’s circumstances.
4. Required Documents 1) Application Form 2) High school diploma or expected certificate 3) Transcript of all courses at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels 4) TOPIK or English Test Score 5) Family Registration 6) Self Introduction 7) Study Plan 8) Financial Statement 9) Bank statement 10) Certificate of employment (or business license) of the student’s sponsor 11) Certificate of financial documentation (or property tax payment) of the student’s sponsor 12) Passport
5. Tuition Fee : approx. USD 2,000 / Semester
Graduate Program 1. Admission Requirements Graduate Programs Master’s program
5) Expenses - Registration fee: Free - Tuition fee : approx. USD 2,000 for the Regular Program (cost of books not included)
Requirements International students(whose parents are both foreigners) with a Bachelor’s degree from a domestic or foreign university and with a Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK Score) or one of the English proficiency tests valid by KIT as listed below International students(whose parents are both foreigners) with a Master’s degree from a domestic or foreign university and with a score from the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) or one of the English proficiency tests valid by KIT as listed below
2. Language Proficiency Requirements (With a score of one of the following proficiency tests) 3. Tuition Fee : approx. USD 2,500/ Semester
2-bed or 4-bed dorm rooms Facilities: Bed, dresser, desk, chair, and telephone are available in all rooms Shower stall and bathroom are available in each room. Wireless Internet access is available in each room.
4. Eligibility for Tuition Fee Exemption (Scholarship) (Full tuition fee exemption for 1 year if the student meets the following requirements) Category TOPIK
Overview of the Residence Hall TOEFL TOEFL TOEFL Category TOPIK IELTS TEPS TOEI NEAT C (PBT) (CBT) (IBT)
TOEFL TOEFL TOEFL IELTS TEPS TOEIC NEAT (PBT) (CBT) (IBT)
Masters Level 3 and Ph.D.
A variety of amenities are available to increase student satisfaction, including the student lounge, laundry room, ping pong room, and fitness room in the dorm. dormitory fee : approx. USD 1,000(including 2 meal a day) approx. USD 500(excluding meal)
Inside the Residence Hall
Those who have one of the above scores will receive exemption of 1st year tuition fee within the coverage of scholarship funds
5. Required Documents 1) Application Form 2) Graduate school diploma 3) Transcript of all courses from the last university or graduate school attended 4) Passport 5) Family Registration 6) Self Introduction 7) Study Plan 8) Financial Statement 9) Bank Statement 10) Recommendation Letter from the last attended university
Departments Department Mechanical Engineering Mechanical Design Engineering Mechanical System Engineering Electronic Engineering IT Convergence Engineering Computer Engineering Software Engineering Architectural Engineering Civil Engineering Environmental Engineering Industrial Engineering Advanced Materials Science and Engineering Polymer Science and Engineering Materials Design Engineering Energy and Chemical Engineering Medical IT Convergence Optical Engineering Mathematics Physics Applied Chemistry Business Administration
Master's & No limits Doctoral Degree
Master’s program only for Optical Engineering and Doctoral program only for Physics
Amenities in the Residence Hall