Lessons On Vedic Astrology By
P.V.R. Narasimha Rao Volume I – Lessons 1 to 45
Compiled by The Students of Sri Jagannath Center-Boston
Lessons On Vedic Astrology By
P.V.R Narasimha Rao
Lessons On Vedic Astrology
First Print 2005
© P.V.R.Narasimha Rao, Sri Jagannath Center-Boston
P.V.R Narasimha Rao
Volume I (Lessons 1 – 45)
Compiled by The Students of Sri Jagannath Center-Boston http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net email: [email protected]
Published by the students of Sri Jagannath Center – Boston, on the occasion of Guru Purnima: 21 July 2005.
OM SRI MAHAGANAPATHAYE NAMAH
Gananaam twa Ganapatim Havamahey Kavinamupamasravastamam Jyestharajam Brahmanaam Brahmanaspata Aa Sranavannutibhih Sidda Sadanam
Translation: O Ganesha, Lord of all seers, praise be to Thee; Thou art Omniscient and the unmatched wisdom of the wise. Thou art the precursor (OM) of all prayers and the Lord of all souls; we pray for Thy guidance for success in all good actions.
Translation: O Great Men! We sing the praise of Brihaspati (the preceptor of the Gods) for the joy of learning and for success in all our good actions. He is the most respectable and the greatest. His wishes are inviolable and we gain in (spiritual) strength by following in His footsteps.
Dedication We dedicate these efforts at the feet of our Jyotish Guru Sri. P.V.R. Narasimha Rao who is relentlessly working to spread the Vedic Astrology knowledge and selflessly conducting the Vedic Astrology classes in Boston, USA.
vii About our Guru Sri. P.V.R.Narasimha Rao is an engineer by profession. He did his bachelors in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India. He did his masters from Rice University, Houston, USA. He works as a software engineer near Boston, USA. He is seriously interested in Jyotish and Sanskrit Literature. His academic record includes two diplomas equivalent to bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit at a young age: Sanskrita Bhaashaa Kovida diploma from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan at the age of 10 and Sanskrita Bhaashaa Visaarada diploma from board of Baroda at the age of 11. He has learnt Vedic Astrology from his father Sri.Venkata Subrahmanyachalapathi Rao, Dr.B.V.Raman and Pt.Sanjay Rath, Founder of “Sri Jagannath Center”. Sri.P.V.R. Narasimha Rao is an ardent student of Jyotish and is designated Jyotish Guru at “Sri Jagannath Center”.
ix PREFACE We are very happy to present this work for the rest of the Vedic Astrology student community. We the students of SJC-Boston group are very fortunate to have a Jyotish Guru like Sri. PVR Narasimha Rao, teach us the concepts in Vedic Astrology from ground zero. We have been maintaining the mp3 audio of these lessons at http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net we hope this book to supplement the mp3 audio. Suddenly we realized that when we wanted to go back and listen to a particular concept, it has been very difficult to track where that concept was talked about and in which lesson. So, it was an idea to provide a summary of each class highlighting the topics covered and the keynotes for each of the classes. That is the purpose of this book. A different student summarized each lesson and we tried to keep the overall format of the structure very similar. But, there would be some differences in the presentation due to individual’s style of writing. Each of the classes has several important concepts covered, examples solved along with key points in astrology that were relevant to the topic of discussion but, not really part of the concept that was being talked about. The intention was to capture all those points under “key points” section. In most cases other than the obvious the name of the person in the example charts is left out in this book so that, the listener of the audio will not be biased while analyzing the chart. In this volume we are capturing all lessons from 1 through 45 which were taught between 6 May 2004 and 12 June 2005. Appendix “A” highlights all the abbreviations used in this book. Appendix “B” is gives quick reference of all the lessons with example chart’s data. We are extremely thankful to Sri. P.V.R. Narasimha Rao for teaching the classes to benefit all astrology students. We are thankful to Pt. Sanjay Rath for the astrology conferences and allowing us to associate with Sri Jagannath Center for learning of Vedic Astrology. We are extremely thankful to Sri.Narayan Iyer of Sri Jagannath Center for readily accepting our request to provide the guidance in putting together this material. Our thanks to Master Manasvi Putcha and to Sri.Vijay Chitra for the graphics on the cover design and the Audio CD preparation.
x Our sincere thanks to Sri. Prabhu Hingorani and Smt. Savitri Hingorani of Sadhu Vaswani Center, Dracut, Massachusetts, USA for giving us the premises free of cost for conducting the astrology classes. Any mistakes in this book are totally on that part of us, the students and will rectify them in due course.
Students of Narasimha SJC-Boston
21 July 2005.
Lesson #1.............................................................................1 Lesson #2.............................................................................4 Lesson #3...........................................................................10 Lesson #4...........................................................................13 Lesson #5...........................................................................16 Lesson #6...........................................................................23 Lesson #7...........................................................................32 Lesson #8...........................................................................37 Lesson #9...........................................................................42 Lesson #10.........................................................................46 Lesson #11.........................................................................50 Lesson #12.........................................................................55 Lesson #13.........................................................................60 Lesson #14.........................................................................63 Lesson #15.........................................................................65 Lesson #16.........................................................................68 Lesson #17.........................................................................71 Lesson #18.........................................................................76 Lesson #19.........................................................................80 Lesson #20.........................................................................82 Lesson #21.........................................................................89 Lesson #22.........................................................................96 Lesson #23.......................................................................100 Lesson #24.......................................................................103 Lesson #25.......................................................................107 Lesson #26.......................................................................111 Lesson #27.......................................................................122 Lesson #28.......................................................................132 Lesson #29.......................................................................134 Lesson #30.......................................................................136 Lesson #31.......................................................................138 Lesson #32.......................................................................140 Lesson #33.......................................................................146 Lesson #34.......................................................................153 Lesson #35.......................................................................157 Lesson #36.......................................................................163 Lesson #37.......................................................................170 Lesson #38.......................................................................172 Lesson #39.......................................................................174 Lesson #40.......................................................................183 Lesson #41.......................................................................186 Lesson #42.......................................................................192 Lesson #43.......................................................................196 Lesson #44.......................................................................200 Lesson #45.......................................................................204
xii Appendix A: Glossary: ................................................... 212 Appendix B: Quick Reference ........................................ 214
2 Lesson #1 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Mantras for learning astrology. 2. Introduction to Vedic astrology (basic concepts). Key Points: 1. Lord Ganesha/Ganapathi is the deity for learning astrology. The associated mantra is "Om sri mahaganapataye namah". 2. Recite the parampara mantra "Hare Rama Krishna". [This is the moola mantra for the "Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare; Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare" maha mantra.] This moola mantra tells you that, you have to analyze a horoscope from three different standpoints, namely, Lagna (Hari), Su (Rama), Mo (Krishna). Su represents atma, Mo represents the mind and Lagna (ASC) represents the physical body. These three form the tripod of life. 3. Another mantra to recite regularly is "Om Shleem Dhleem Jjyotirbraahmaaya Namah", which will make the derivation of knowledge from the universal light. 4. Another mantra is "Om Shreem Dhleem Medhadakshinamurthaye Namah" to remove the confusion in the mind of astrologers. 5. Recite these mantras 108 times (or 11 times, if 108 times if not possible). If you want you can also add "Om" in front of it, to safeguard from the mistakes. 6. There are 12 Rasis (signs) and 9 planets. The planets are Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Ju and Sa. Two more planets, Ra and Ke are used, which are not physical objects. These are points where the Moon’s orbit around the earth intersects the plane of the earth’s orbit around the Su. They are also called chaya grahas as these are formed of shadows. 7. The entire zodiac is divided into 12 equal parts (each of 30 degrees) and each such part is called a rasi (sign). The first sign is Ar (Ar) and is also called Mesha in Sanskrit. Mesha spans 0 to 30 degrees. The next part is Taurus (Ta) or Vrishabha from 30 to 60 degrees. The subsequent Rasis in order are Gemini (Ge) or Mithuna, Cancer or Karkataka, Leo (Le) or Simha, Virgo (Vi) or Kanya, Libra (Li) or Tula, Scorpio (Sc) or Vrishchika, Sagittarius (Sg) or Dhanush, Capricorn (Cp) or Makara, Aquarius (Aq) or Kumbha and Pisces (Pi) or Meena. These divisions are based on real stars in the sky. 8. The book Brihat Parasara Hora Sastra (BHPS) is like a bible of astrology.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
9. ASC is a very important point and it shows you, self. All the other planets show other people or circumstances that are influencing you. So positions of the nine planets (in their respective signs) around the Lagna at the time of birth of a person, constitutes a rasi Chart. Similarly, rasi charts can be drawn for a group of people or a country. For example, the moment when certain persons got together and declared the formation of a party is the moment of the birth of the party and will determine the fortunes of it. 10. Lagna takes approximately 1 whole day to go around the zodiac and come back to the same point. For Mo it is about 29 days, for Su about 365 days (1 year), for Ma about 1.5 years, for Me and Ve about 1 year, for Ju about 12 years and finally for Sa approximately 30 years. Ra and Ke each take 18 years to go around the zodiac once, approximately. 11. The periods when transit Sa is posited in three signs i.e., the sign behind the Moon, the sign of the Mo and the sign ahead of the Mo are called Sade-Sati period. This period is important because Mo is the significator of the mind and Saturn’s placement in these signs may cause much trouble to mind. So each Sade-sati period is for 2.5 years and the total is 7.5 years for one full rotation of the zodiac. 12. From the earth, if a planet appears to go backward, it is called Vakri or retrograde. The process of retrogression is called vakragamanam. 13. According to the shastras, the whole universe is made of a ‘material’ called Narayana. Out of it, only 1/8th part is perceivable by us and it is called Vasudeva. The rest of Narayana cannot be perceived by ordinary mortals. 14. Jupiter, the Brihaspati, is the teacher of gods, represents our intelligence and power of discretion. Venus, Sukracharya, the teacher of the demons, represents the demonic / Rajasik qualities in us. The Su represents the atma / soul, the Mo represents the mind etc... 15. In Vedic astrology, there are so-called Varga chakras or divisional charts that we create for a person in addition to the rasi Chart, and in these charts the ASC changes in few minutes. According to maharshis of our tradition, the rasi chart shows our physical existence and health (i.e. physical manifestation) and each of the Varga chakras represents a specific area of our lives e.g. education, career, marriage etc. 16. If you don’t have any good muhurta pre-calculated for your purpose, you can use the muhurta of the mid day (i.e. when the Su is at the highest point in the sky at a particular location). This muhurta is called Abhijit muhurta and is universally good. Abhijit means great victory. The reason why shastras recommend on
3 this is because at mid day, the Su is located three signs (equivalent to 6 hrs) behind the ASC and thus will be located in the 10th house from the ASC (each Rasi is a house with ASC as the 1st house; the houses are counted in the zodiacal direction; 10th house represents one's karma and the success in it). Thus Su being in the 10th house is auspicious for any activity. 17. Astrology is a probabilistic knowledge of the future happenings in our lives and it helps us to mentally prepare for the good and the bad in the future. Astrology reveals hidden traits in a person’s personality. Astrology can offer remedies for certain bad situations.
Lesson #2 Compiled by Devendra Naidoo Topics Covered: 1. Puranic stories and their relevance to individuals 2. Introduction to what the planet represents Key Points: 1. Stories of Puranas –took place in the whole universe. (These stories are not to be perceived as simple stories). Most of what is described in these stories is qualities that are with in us. These things happened in the big universe and cannot be perceived. Some Puranic story would unfold within you. 2. The planets show various aspects of oneself. 3. Narayana represents whole universe. Each one of us represent a microform of Narayana. 4. Ju rules intelligence, discrimination and Judgment 5. Ju is the teacher of gods. All Gods are within us – represents the good qualities in us. Similarly, all demons are within us – refers the bad things within us. Ju represents intelligence. Ju lives in each one of us representing the godly qualities. 6. Ve is the teacher of demons (good demons). There is micro representation of Ve again within each one of us representing the demonly qualities. 7. Ve exists within you – rules enjoyment. The enjoyment is referred to high spirits and not meant to be harmful. As teacher of demons, he keeps the demons under control. 8. Each planet represents different qualities and unfolds within us as that quality. 9. Su shows the soul within you. Su is the king of your existence. 10. Ma is also called “Mahi Sutha” meaning son of Mahi (Earth) and is born from the sweat of Siva. Ma represented by Subrahmanya, stands for the initiative, drive and aggression. Ma shows career. Ma shows the drive to do things. Has the same energy as Subrahmanya. Ma governs the spirit of energy. 11. Mo represents the mind and shows the mood. Mo also th represents the shodasa-kalas and the 16 divisional chart shodasa varga chakra is ruled by Mo. Mo shows the mind – sometimes empty and sometimes full. The moon goes through various phases – 16 in total. Such as happy or sad – this also referred to mood swings. 12. Me governs the learning ability. He is the adopted son of Ju but, born to Mo and Tara Devi (w/o Ju). Ju did accept TaraDevi and Me as a student. Ju represents an ideal teacher and Me
represents an ideal student. In Buddhism Tara Devi is worshipped as mother. Ju is Satwik planet, Me is Rajasik planet and both are Soumya grahas. Mind needs some input from intelligence – which needs an agent to process it and give it to mind, that is the learning ability. i.e. Mo (mind) gets the input from Ju (intelligence) through Me (learning ability) Chandra eloped with Tara Devi (wife of Jupiter). Bruhaspati is Guru (Ideal teacher). In Buddhism Tara Devi is worshipped as mother. One should look at the manifestation of this story within us. Ju is referred to an ideal teacher and Me and ideal student. The mind needs agent – uses Bhudha who acts as an agent. Tara Devi shows the expression of intelligence or the female part of the intelligence. Buddha is born from Mo and Tara Devi Here is a story unfolding with in us. Tara Devi (w/o Ju) is Sthri Shakti is the manifestation or expression of intelligence (intelligence by itself lives in vacuum and means nothing). With this manifestation, is born the learning intelligence. Now Ju (the intelligence) accepts Me (learning ability) as a son, student. Me now process that intelligence and mind acts on that processed intelligence. So, all the three planets Ju, Me and Mo need be strong in a chart for a person to be very smart. Intelligence transfers whatever you know to learning ability and transitions to mind. Intelligence = Guru, Learning ability = Buddha (process information) Mind = Mo (execution of information. Shiva is energy. Shakti is manifestation of that energy. Tara Devi – is the energy.
Puranic Stories relevance: 20. Each of the puranic stories could have occurred in a different plane or a dimension that we may not perceive, but a microcosmic representation of it can unfold within each one of us as below. Puranas must be perceived to be eternal truths about you 21. Each of Vishnu’s avatara is formed with a particular planet’s energy. 22. Vamana Avatara is formed with Jupitarian energy. Ju is a learned satwik Brahmin. Ju governs the good qualities in you. These qualities are guided with wisdom. The manifestation of expression of intelligence within you. Bali was a great giver, but a demon. Someone being proud about a giving or have pride associated with a generosity represents demon Bali associated with them. This becomes demonic in nature or a demonic
Lessons on Vedic Astrology quality. You can end this by surrendering or disassociation. Humility is about giving and pride can be defeated by humility. Vamana is represented by learned humility. Vamana represents this humility. A very learned Brahmin – a dwarf is a representation of humility. Ju takes 12 years to go round the zodiac. Parasurama Avatara is formed with Venusian energy. Ve was also a Brahmin but is Rajasik in nature. Ve – is the spirit of enjoyment – lives within you. You have material prosperity and sensual enjoyment. When Rama (represented by Su) met Parasurama (represented by Ve) Parasurama lost all his energy and surrendered to Rama. This unfolds into astrological world as when Su and Ve together. When Ju and Su are together, it is meant to be good. This holds true even if Su is debilitated. On the other hand, when Ve and Su are close, Ve loses its energy to Su. This is called combustion. Ve gets combusted. This is called “Maudhyam” Its called in Sanskrit as “Asta Gandha”. Any planet close to Su gets combust (burned). Ju combustion is not bad. The most combustion to any planet happens to Ve. Ve becomes too weak to influence, therefore Su will give result in this example. There is an exception to combustion. All planets close to Su get combust and become weak except Ra, Ke since they do not have physical bodies. Instead, when Ra, Ke with sun will eclipse Su and make Su very weak. Kurma Avatara - Sa is discipline and hard work. Without Sa there wouldn’t be any achievement. For those who don’t work hard, he forces on them. He is also called Sani or manda planet. He moves very slowly. He takes 30years – to round the zodiac. One story is both tortoise and Manda move slowly. The other story is of Ksheera Sagara Mathanam - churning the mountain, when Vishnu took the Kurma Avatara and supported the mountain while the mountain was being churned. That mountain is our intelligence, the snake (or coil) churning is the tapasya, the nector that comes at end is the result and all the bad things that come in between are to be taken by Siva, that is why we need the guru. Here the discipline and the hard work needed to do all this is what is represented by the Saturnian energy. That is why we will see Sa strong in all of saints. Sa also shows steadfastness, nishkama karma yoga, austerity etc. Sa is perceived as a bad planet, but he puts people to work and makes things happen. Ju takes 12 years and Sa takes 30 years to go round the Su. After 60 years and they will be where they were at the time of once birth. Its an important event and is celebrated as “shastipurti”
27. In which area Sa wants the native to work hard depends upon his position in different Varga chakras. 28. Position in the natal chart is the main thing – shows what one has to go through in life. Transits show the time when one has to go though it. 29. If Sa is LL or Yogakaraka, it is hardly going to trouble the person even in a Sade Sathi Period. 30. Rama Avatara represented by Su – the solar energy – Rama belongs to Surya Vamsa, royal family. 31. Krishna Avatara is represented by Mo. Mo is a sweet planet, has no enemies. 32. Ma represents Narasimha Avatara. Ma is very anger, energetic, aggressive. 33. Buddha Avatara is represented by Me. Me stands for learning. Buddha went beyond Advaita and preached saying there is no god and god is within you. There could be different views people hold on this, but, Parasara mentioned in the classics linking Buddha Avatara to Me. 34. Ra represents Varaha Avatara. 35. Ke represents Matsya Avatara. 36. The correlations above are useful to know the planet to pray for giving moksha. th 37. In Navamsa (D-9), planet in 12 house from Atma karaka (AMK) is the one that is going to give moksha to that native. Praying to that planet is going to put the native in the path of moksha. One of the uses of all the above correlation is to find that planet. 38. In Matsya Avatara, Vishnu rescues the Vedas being destroyed. Within us, the traditional knowledge when is being destroyed, Ke is the planet that rescues it. In case of Vedic people and astrologers Ke will be strong. 39. Ke also shows learning in a parampara. Ke shows moksha marga in a spiritual path. 40. Ra shows bhoga marga and rebirth. 41. Within everyone, there is always a clash between Ra and Ke. 42. Nature of planets. It is not about enemies but about how (in which way) they give their result. a. Su is a Kroora graha (kroora, it is not papa graha). b. Mo changes – He is Soumya graha during waxing phase and is kroora graha in waning phase. c. Ma is always kroora Graha. d. Me is adaptive planet – can be kroora or Soumya depending upon who he is with. It is a very diplomatic planet. e. Ve – Soumya graha f. Ra, Ke, Sa – Kroora grahas – blunt and abrupt results. 43. People with strong Me are very indecisive. With Ju, Ve it is Soumya, With Ma, Su, Ra, Ke, Sa it is kroora.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
44. The following table shows the qualities of the planets.
Darsanas: 45. Shad darsanas – 6 of 7 planets are chosen to represent the following 46. Ju – Vedanta, also called uttara Meemamsa. 47. Me – Meemamsa – There is no clear decision. Meemamsa means covering all aspects and analyzing. Bhootas (To Be – the state of existence, the state of being) 48. Not just material world, but all non-materialistic things are also governed by a Bhootas. 49. Following is the state different planets represent. a. Fire (Agni) – state of transformation – Su, Ma represents this state. Any transformation, enterprising person b. Vayu – creation – expansion state – Sa c. Jala – Relaxed, stability, harmony - Mo, Ve d. Bhoo (earthy) – solid, inflexible – leads to consolidation – Me usually belongs to all boots esp. earthy nature. e. Akasa (Ether) – This is unseen, all pervading nature that is binding all other states together. JU represents this state. Ex – Intelligence and Wisdom is unseen, but is critical all things. Gender of Planets: 50. Used to determine the sex of children a. Su, Ma, Ju and Ra are male planets b. Ke, Mo, Ve are female planets c. Sa and Me are neutral. Gunas of planets: 51. Satwa – the state of truth, state of purity, it all happens – no pursuing.
52. Rajas – Energy, passion – Higher state, actively pursuing Brahma is associated with this guna. 53. Tamas – the dark state of existence, lowest state, Rakshasa tatwa 54. Everyone has all these three qualities in differing degrees and that degree varies with time. 55. Ke has no guna. 56. Brahma is associated with Rajo guna, Vishnu is associated with Satwa guna and Siva is associated with Tamo guna. Siva is the only one that can kill Tamo guna. Gods for each planet: 57. Venkateshwara for Sa. 58. Three sandhya times – at sunrise Su has energy of Brahma, at noon Su has the energy of Siva and at sunset Su has the energy of Vishnu. At noon is called Abhijit Muhurta. Varna of planets: 59. 4 classes – Brahmin – class of learned people – Ju and Ve. 60. Kshatriya – warriors – people with energy – Su is the king. Ma is the commander. 61. Vysyas – those who keep the society happy, business, entertainers – Mo, Me – soft natured 62. Sudras – doing all menial jobs – Sa, Ra and Ke. Friendship of planets – memorize this table Refer to Lesson #3-Item #2.
Lesson #3 Compiled by Srinivas Krovi Topics Covered: 1. Bhavas (Houses) 2. Quadrants (Kendras) & Trines (Konas) 3. Classification of Houses (Own, Moolatrikona, Debilitation ) 4. Graha Drishti.
Key Points: 1. Story About Jamadagni, Parasurama, KaartaVeerya and how these are related within our body 2. Natural Relationships Planet
Su Mo Ma Me Ju Ve Sa
Mo, Ma, Ju Su, Me Su, Mo, Ju Su, Ve Su, Mo, Ma Me, Sa Me, Ve
Sama (Neutral) Me Ma, Ju, Ve, Sa Ve, Sa Ma, Ju, Sa Sa Ma, Ju Ju
Satru (Enemy) Ve, Sa None Me Mo Me, Ve Su, Mo Su, Mo, Ma
3. Temporary Friends: Planets in the adjoining 3 Signs 4. Temporary Enemies: Planets in the same sign and in signs further away (not in adjoining 3 signs) 5. Compound Relationships: Adhimitra, Mitra, Sama, Satru, Adhisatru. These are decided based on the ranking given to Mitra=+1, Sama=0, Satru=-1, Temporary Friend=+1, Temporary Enemy= -1 and adding them up. Houses (Bhavas): 6. Count the houses from ASC or As or Lagna in clockwise direction. 7. Different reference points make different charts, 8. Basic Meaning of Houses: are grouped into 4 based on Purusharthas (Purpose of life) st th th a. Dharma Trikonas: 1 , 5 , 9 (Dharma is “how” – the rules to obey) nd th th b. Artha Trikonas: 2 , 6 , 10 (Artha is “what” – the purpose to serve) rd th th c. Kama Trikonas: 3 , 7 , 11 (Kama is “why” – what motivates one)
d. Moksha Trikonas: 4 , 8 , 12 (Moksha is “freedom” – overcoming Kama) 9. Each purushartha has three houses. First house is the seed of that purshartha, Middle house is the activity for focus of that purushartha and the last house is the culmination of that activity. st th th a. Dharma: 1 – Oneself, 5 – Abilities, 9 – Duties (Dharma) nd th th b. Artha: 2 – Resources, 6 – Obstacles, 10 – Karma rd th th c. Kama: 3 – Initiative, 7 – Desire, 11 – Gains th th th d. Moksha: 4 – Comfort, 8 – Effort, 12 – Moksha 10. Special Classification of Houses: st th th th a. Quadrants (Kendras): 1 , 4 , 7 , 10 (Vishnu Sthana – Effort) st th th b. Trines (Trikonas or Konas): 1 , 5 , 9 (Lakshmi Sthana – Blessings and Fruits) c. Raja Yoga: Trine & Quadrant Lords together give Raja Yoga. rd th th th d. Apaches: 3 , 6 , 10 , 11 (Growth) th th th e. Dusthana: 6 , 8 , 12 - These houses are not necessarily bad but could mean hardworking etc. 11. Own houses, Exaltation, Debilitation and Moolatrikona: Depending on the distance from the Sun, each planet gets their own houses. Ra & Ke rent a house. Ra and Sa share the house. Ke and Ma share the house. A planet in own house is in a relaxed, natural state. In exalted state, it is excited and hyper Planet Su Mo Ma Me Ju Ve Sa Ra Ke
Own Rasis Le Cn Ar & Sc Ge & Vi Sg & Pi Ta & Li Cp & Aq Aq Sc
Exaltation Rasi Ar Ta Cp
Debilitation Rasi Li Sc Cn
Le Ta Ar
state. In Moolatrikona, it is duty minded like in office. 12. Order of Importance or Strength of Planet: (Strongest to Weakest)
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
13. Moolatrikona Rasi, Exaltation Rasi, Own House, Adhimitra, Mitra, Sama, Satru, Adhisatru 14. Graha Drishti is the desire of the planet. th 15. Every planet has desire on 7 House th th 16. Besides Ju has interest on 5 & 9 Houses th th 17. Ma on 4 & 8 Houses rd th 18. Sa on 3 & 10 Houses nd th th 19. Ra on 2 , 5 & 9 Houses
Lesson #4 Compiled by Srinivas Krovi Topics covered: 1. 2. 3. 4.
Rasi Drishti Graha Drishti. Argala & Virodhargala Illustrated the above using Sri Rama’s chart.
Key Points: th 1. Every planet has desire on 7 House. 2. Whatever house the planet owns, gives results (good or bad) during Dasa / Antardasa. 3. Rahu, Ke and Sani (Saturn) are friends. Sani’s Friends and enemies are Rahu's & Ketu’s Friends and enemies. 4. Gods have horoscopes based on Tithi they are born. 5. Quadrant Lord (Vishnu Sthana) and Trine Lord (Lakshmi Sthana) together give Raja yoga (produces immense prosperity but depends on Amsa the planets are in) 6. As per Parasara, a. Su is the soul of the Paramatma b. Mo is mind of the Paramatma 7. Ma is aggressiveness or boldness of the Paramatma 8. Ju is intelligence of the Paramatma 9. Ve is enjoyment of the Paramatma Houses 10. There are different formulas for dividing zodiac, Sripati paddati, Counting Signs as per Parasara Hora Sastra, as per Parasara, whole Rasi becomes the house. 11. The colors of each planet Color Planets Sun Orange Moon White Mars Blood Red Mercury Green (Grass) Jupiter Yellow Venus White Saturn black & blue (Neel) Rahu Blue Ke (no head/color) Grey Color 12. Graha Drishti is the desire of the planet. th a. Every planet has desire on 7 House th th b. Besides Ju has interest on 5 & 9 Houses
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23.
c. Ma on 4 & 8 Houses rd th d. Sa on 3 & 10 Houses nd th th e. Ra on 2 , 5 and 9 Houses. Own houses; Depending on the distance from the Sun, each planet get their own houses. Ra & Ke rent a house. Ra and Sa share the house. Ke and Ma share the house. A planet in own house is in a relaxed, natural state. In exalted state, it is excited and is in a party state. In Moolatrikona, it is duty minded like in office. Rasi Drishti is by the location but not by desire of the planet. Ar, Cn, Li and Cp are known as chara rasis or movable rasis. Brahma, the Creator, rules them. Their nature is to move and to be dynamic. Ta, Le, Sc and Aq are known as sthira rasis or fixed rasis. Shiva, the Destroyer, rules them. Their nature is to be stable and constant. Ge, Vi, Sg and Pi are known as dwi-swabhava rasis or dual rasis. Vishnu, the sustainer, rules them. They are stable sometimes and dynamic sometimes All Dual signs aspect all other dual signs. If Ma is in Ge, then it will have rasi aspect Vi, Sg and Pi. Chara Rasis aspect Sthira Rasis and vice versa Exception: A Rasi cannot aspect a house adjacent to it. Argala – Bolt on a door Any planet that has an Argala will nd th th intervene in that house. From 2 , 4 & 11 House. And th secondarily from 5 house. th th rd Virodhargala (Counter intervention): 12 , 10 and 3 ( Same houses counted in reverse direction) Karaka (Significator) The word karaka means “one who causes”. Karaka of a matter is the significator of the matter. He is the one who causes events related to that matter. There are 3 kinds of karakas: a. Naisargika karakas (natural significators, 9 in number). b. Chara karakas (variable significators, 8 in number), and, c. Sthira karakas (fixed significators, 7 in number),
Judgment of a House: Analogy 24. Karaka - project manager 25. House Lord – Group Manager (in charge of people) 26. House occupants – group Members 27. Planets with Graha Drishti – those who have desire to work on project 28. Planets with Rasi Drishti – those who have permanent influence on the project (can be crucial or routine) 29. Planets with Argala – those who have a crucial role to play in the project ( can be permanent or temporary)
30. Inter relationships do matter. 31. If two Kroora Grahas have Graha Drishti on Ju then it is called Brahmana Sapa. If Sa is involved, it is sad, if Ma is involved, then angry and if Ra is involved, then cheated. Other sapas are Matru, Pitru, Kalatra, etc... 32. Ju and Mo together give Gaja Kesari Yoga. Well Known and lot of fame.
Lesson #5 Compiled by Kiran Chandrashekar Topics Covered: 1. Concept of Hora. How weekdays evolved. Key Points: 1. Concept of Hora: a. Weekdays, Sunday (Su), Monday (Mo), Tuesday (Ma), Wednesday (Me), Thursday (Ju), Friday (Ve), Saturday (Sa). b. What is the logic behind this order? ->HORA is the reason, there are 24 horas. First hora of the day starts at sunrise. 2. Brahma Gayatri (sunrise), Vishnu’s or Achyuta’s time (noon), Siva gayatri (sunset), Kali gayatri (not auspicious). 3. Distance from sun, speed w.r.t. to earth, the rule used for allocating houses to planets. (Sa is slowest). 4. Hindus consider 1day starting from one Sunrise to the next. 5. Astronomical fact is, Sa is slowest (takes 2.5yrs to move one sign, or 30yrs), Ju (takes 1yrs to move one rasi OR 12 yrs), Ma (1.5yrs), Su (1yr), Ve and Me and Mo - This is the order. 6. For Saturday, the horas starting with Sa will be Sa, Ju, Ma, Su, Ve, Me. Mo. This makes one cycle of 7 hours, so for one day (of 24hrs or horas), there will be three cycles followed by (24-21=3 horas of) Sa, Ju, Ma - Next day begins with Sun's HORA (Hence, the day after Saturday is Sunday) and so and so forth. 7. This is what Narasimha knows about an explanation for a Day consisting 24horas -> 12 rasis - one for day and one for night, hence, there are 24 hours. HORA is taken from AHORATRA, AHO is Day, and RATRA is night. 8. Four houses are considered base of Purusharthas. 1, 10, 7 and 4 are bases of the DHARMA, ARTHA, KAMA and MOKSHA purusharthas. 9. DIGBALA - how close a planet is close to the base? (one of the strengths relate to a planet). 10. Me and Ju are planets of dharma, Sa is planet of Kama, Su and Ma are planets of Artha and Mo and Ve are planets of Moksha depending on how far away they are to a base, they are accordingly given strength. This planet association is used to compute “shadbalas” other strengths, which will be detailed in future classes. 11. Civil Calendar is Sun’s calendar. 12. Indian Solar calendar: Su enters Aries, MESHA masa. Su enters Vrishaba, vrishabha masa. Original Solar calendar, each month has 30 days.
13. When Su goes from 0 degrees to 1 degree, one solar day is complete. When Su is between 1 and 2 degrees, then its the 2nd day. 14. Whole year thus has 30*12 = 360 days. 15. Original Solar calendar and civil calendar were different, suns motion is variable and can be 29 days, 30 days and 27hours, 29 hours for a day...possible. However, this is not possible in civil calendar and sunrise is taken into account...and some people take suns position at noon time...nothing scientific, but a convention since 2 different calendars are mixed. 16. Lets compare today’s noon time and next year same day same time, sun will not be in the same position. 17. If you say the 4th day of Mesha masa, then it means sun is in the 4th degree of Mesha...it is so scientific. 18. When Su enters Mesha, Mesha Sankramana, and Mesha is the beginning of the zodiac. 19. 4 movable rasis Aries, cancer, Li and Capricorn, they are associated with various Yugas - Krita, Treta, Dwapara, kali. Kali yuga is signified by Capricorn or Makara (ruled by Saturn, a Tamasik sign), exalted Ma rules Kali yuga, planet o aggression and dynamism. 20. The ingress of Su into Makara is more important for some people as, this is celebrated as pongal. This comes around Jan 14 and some astrologers make a chart for this time and predict for the whole year. And some astrologers make a chart when Su enters Ar. No calendar is perfect or absolutely right. Based on what a particular sign is, a chart becomes important for predicting in general for the year or a specific aspect for that year. 21. There are 10 or 15 different calendars and each has one specific purpose. 22. When Su enters Ardra nakshatra (in Mithuna rasi), people make a chart for that moment, how rainfall will be during the New Year. 23. There are 27 nakshtras, 360 divided into equal parts. 24. Lunar Calendars – There are various flavors of lunar calendars. 25. Su is the soul of the individual, soul of the parama purusha. Mo is the mind and Ju is the intellect. 26. We can perceive our mind but the soul. Soul is the king of our existence. Can we feel soul, touch it or perceive it? We cannot experience what soul experiences; BUT MIND is the agent through which we interact with soul. 27. Mind is getting the light, reflecting the light from the soul, agent intellect, spirit of happiness, all interacting with the soul you cant stare at sun, you can’t stare at soul. You can’t interact with the soul directly; it has to be through the agency of the mind, the Mo.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
28. SOUL + MIND are both important, Su and Mo are important in their own right... 29. They are based on sun _ moon, soliluni calendars. 30. When sun+moon are exactly together, amavasya, you cannot see moon at all. 31. Mo will finish one round around the zodiac; sun moves one sign, moon catches up and on and on. 32. Lunar calendar is based on the relative motion of moon w.r.t sun...mind exists w.r.t soul, hence, sun is the handle and see relative displacement of moon from sign, so take moons longitude - suns longitude ( 0-359 59). a. Divide this period into 30 equal parts... b. 12 degrees makes one day. c. When moon moves 12 degrees ahead of sun, it is one lunar day, first day of the month. d. When moon moves 24 degrees ahead of sun, it is 2nd lunar day. e. : f. : g. When moon moves 348 degrees ahead of sun, it is 30th lunar day, last day of the month. h. These days have names 33. Divide days into 2 parts - SUKLA PAKSHA (Mo waxes) and KRISHNA Paksha (Mo Wanes) 34. Amavasya - time of kali maa, pray, destructs total ignorance 35. Pournimasya - day of truth, satya narayana 36. How do we decide the name of the month: a. Within lunar calendar there are two types, AMANTA and SUKLANTA. In our age, AMANTA is more popular in Karnataka and Andhra. b. Varahamihira and Jaimini spoke about Suklanta. c. In AMANTA, new months starts just after AMAVASYA. d. AMAVASYA ends when SUN and MOON are exactly at the same degree and a new SUKLA pratipada will start. e. IN SUKLANTA, month ends with end of SUKLA PAKSHA, new month starts when SUN and MOON are exactly opposite each other. f. AMANTA is more important for mundane matters. g. MONTH starts at full moon point, is more important for spiritual matters. 37. Names: Su and Mo are in Meena, The first month starts a. Chaitra b. Vaisakha c. Jyesta d. Aashada e. Sravana
f. Bhadrapada g. Karthika h. Margasira i. Pushya j. Magha k. Phalguna 38. Names are derived from Nakshatra names, why? a. Vishaka is on the border of Tula and Vrischika b. Jyestha is on the border of Vrischika and Dhanu. c. Nakshatra that is 180 degrees from the sign. d. Naming of the month is based on the full moon (Suklanta). Probably, people were using Suklanta calendars and later switched to amanta calendars. e. Months are being named on the nakshatra more often likely to be occupied by Mo on the pournimasya of the month. f. Name of the month is decided based on the constellation Mo is likely to occupy on the pournima day of that month. Adhika Masa: Su and Moon, both are moving. 39. Lets say, Su is in the beginning of the Mesha rasi. Mo will catch up with Su and new month begins, Vaisakha masa begins. Mo will go around the zodiac in around 29 days and by which time Su also has already moved...and its possible that Su hasn’t left Mesha...so, occasionally 2 times in 5 years, it happens that Su remains in the same rasi . Hence, 2 Vaisakha masas are possible and the second one called "ADHIKA Vaisakha masa" and the “NIJA Vaisakha masa” is the former. 40. For example, if Mo met Su TWICE in Taurus, there will be Nija Jyestha Masa followed by Adhika Jyestha Masa. Note - Taurus denotes Jyestha Masa. 41. You can look at the sky and using lunar calendar can say which masa/month is running. Not possible using the Western or Solar calendar (civil). Start of the Year: 42. Look at the sunrise to determine a Tithi. Do not confuse the civil calendar with lunar calendar. Its possible that a Tithi may span 2 civil days. Sunrise time will be the guiding factor. 43. Civil calendar is what we are worried about. Civil days are not aligned along the 1-12, 12-24 difference between sun and moon. Sometimes, tithi can be more than 24 hours also and spans more than 2 days. Let’s say Guru Pournima starts in India at 3:30 PM on March 4th and goes on 3:30 pm of next day (March 5). If you want to celebrate a festival which falls on such dates, then pick the civil day where, at the time of sunrise, the Tithi has
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52.
already occurred. In this example, March 4 - sunrise, Pournimasya had not yet arrived. However, on March 5-sunrise, the Tithi has already arrived and has been so for a few hours. Hence, civil day-March 5 can be taken to celebrate Pournimasya. th Now, for someone in the USA, 3:30PM on March 4 (in India) is actually early hours of the morning of March 4th (5AM) and continues until next morning 5AM. Based on when the sunrise happens, the Tithi that can be active at sunrise is different from what is in India. This way, you find civil day when the Tithi of interest is at sunrise and that is the day of the festival in USA. If a particular Tithi started at a particular time in India, it will start at the exact time here also. The Tithi is based on angle between sun and moon. Taking earth as the center, take the line between earth and sun and earth and moon, that is the longitude displacement between sun and moon. That degree determines the Tithi. Starting of the Tithi will basically be the same; reference point is the center of the earth - Geo centric positions. Because of that, Hyderabad or Boston does not matter. In Topocentric zodiac, the actual position where the person was born becomes important. Diameter of earth is so small, the actual angle between sun and moon, the topocentric and geocentric co-ordinates are the same, may differ by a minute or 2. Geocentric co-ordinates recommended. Bottom line: If a particular Tithi started in India started in the afternoon, then it will start in the US at around early morning. When you take LA, you will take the Rasi that is in the east. If you draw a tangent in the eastern direction, then it will point to Aries, Taurus and so on... Su goes around (Vishnu Nabhi) in an elliptical orbit (basis of ayanamsa)...this whole galaxy is said to be going around "Narayana Nabhi" and infinite cycles like this persist. (Surya siddhanta). Rasi or Janma Rasi and this is the sign occupied by Mo.
Position of a planet: 54. Take the center of the earth and draw an imaginary line...where to place the line (in simple words, where the zodiac begins starting from Aries, Taurus...Pisces) -> "ayanamsa" defines this. Thus, if a person was born close to border of 2 stars and if ayanamsa were to change, so will rasis of people will change. 55. Chitra star: present between the middle point of Kanya and Tula and came out with Chitrapaksha ayanamsa. Very popular. Also goes by the name Lahiri ayanamsa
56. Raman ayanamsa: 1.5 degrees difference from Lahiri (Chitrapaksha) ayanamsa. 57. Varga chakras are severely afflicted if the right ayanamsa is not used. 90% of astrologers use Chitrapaksha ayanamsa and recommended. o 58. Each nakshatra is 13 20’. If it is in the border, then any persons rasi can change based on the ayanamsa used. Mantra Shastra: 59. Difference between slokas and mantras is - Mantras, have beejaksharas, words and letters arranged in a pattern. 60. Good to know the meaning and feel it, when you chant slokas. 61. Mantra, exact sound pattern is very crucial. Sages (micro gods) who were in touch with Gods revealed this. 62. Based on how many words and how many letters, corresponding houses are activated in your chart. 63. Basic Principle a. Count number of words: SOURCE (Where energies will be drawn) b. Count number of letters: DESTINATION (Where results will be given), areas of life where those energies are being utilized c. Devatha Sthana: House where the God will be sitting and doing the diversion of energy from one house to another. Simple Panchakshari mantra: NamaShivaya > 1 word na ma shi va ya -> 5 letters Source = First house, your own existence, who you are, your personality, whatever traits you have. Destination = Fifth house, ability. Reading this mantra will enable you...whatever is promised in your chart. Shiva sits in Devatha sthana for which count from source to destination and from destination count the same number of houses. Lets say source is Mesha Destination is Simha, Count from Mesha to Simha = 5 houses. Count from destination Simha, 5 houses = 9th house dharma sthana (Sagittarius)...also is the Guru sthana. Shiva is sitting in you as your
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
teacher and guiding whatever is within you to manifest. Shiva is the paramaguru of the universe and sitting in Guru sthana is giving you abilities. So, you can possibly change this mantra to pronounce it as "OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is 6th. This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in the 10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources to overcome obstacles. With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st and th th destination 4 and Devatha sthana is 8 . One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6th house is the destination. -Note about Vamachara, yantra and mantra. Satwik and Rajasik and tamasik techniques (including Lal kitab).
24 Lesson #6 Compiled by Kiran Chandrashekar Topics Covered:
1. Part 1: Mantra Shastra in detail a. "Om Namah Shivaya" b. "Ju Gayatri" c. "Maha Mrutyunjaya mantra" d. Examples of Parsi and Islam mantra 2. Part 2: Divisional charts - Introduction a. Example chart 1: Lady, Nov 1 1973, 4:07 am; 530 east of GMT; 74 E 51 12 N 54; Aishwarya Rai - Rasi and Dasamsa(D-10) observations. b. More about divisional charts c. D60, 3rd from AL and cause of death d. Brief introduction to Moola Dasa Key Points: 1. Basic principle, count number of words and letters in a mantra. 2. Vowel is the life force of a sound 3. Akshara means imperishable. 4. Letters without vowels cannot be counted as letters. 5. If you combine a word by way of sandhi or samasam, it becomes one word. Namah + Shivaya becomes Namashivaya 6. Devatha sthana is computed by counting the same number of houses from Destination as it is from Source from Destination 7. Example from last class, "namashivaya", for Shiva, 9th house is auspicious, he is the parama guru of the universe sitting in the guru sthana. 8. "NamoRamaya" - meaning We pray to Rama. Namah Ramaya becomes NamoRamaya, is one word. 9. If you have more than 12 houses, compute modulo 12, keep removing 12 until you arrive at a number less than 12 which give you either the source or the destination. 10. Numerologically and neurologically these mantras capture the essence. 11. Namah - We Pray to Ramaya: Rama. "Namoramaya" becomes one word and even though it is split, it is only for convenience and still is one word. You cannot say it "Om Namo Ramaya" and it is "Namoramaya". 12. Source and destination house are the same in case of "Namoramaya" and "NamoShivaya", but the devatha sthana has Rama and Shiva...in guru sthana. Shiva is the natural guru and Rama is the warrior, represents atma bala and not as good as Shiva (much needed for scholarship/ability)...Rama (will power). 13. Gayatri canvass, Vishwamitra is the MahaRishi - Ju gayatri.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Vrishabham Charshaneenaam vishwaroopamadabhyam brihasphatim varenyam - mantra of Brihaspati, teacher of Gods. This mantra has 5 words. Words: 5 Source is the 5th house. Positive energies from the 5th house are taken and directed somewhere...to the destination. vri sha bham cha rsha nee naam vi shwa roo pa ma daa bhyam bri ha spa thim va re nyam 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Letters: 21 -12 = 9th house is the destination. Devatha sthana: 9 + ( 9 - 5) = 13 = 13 - 12 = 1 14. This is a "5-9-1" mantra, cancels negative energies from 5th house, takes positive energies and uses them to enrich the 9th house (dharma, guru, religiousness, righteousness) and shapes your abilities...makes one more dharmic since this is dharma gayatri. First house is you and your essence of being...Ju in first house is the base (Budha and Guru in the first house get lot of Digbala, 100% digbala...that makes a person very righteous/dharmic). 15. There is another Aretha gayatri of Brihaspati meant for Dray (material pleasures). 16. Mahan Mrutyunjaya mantra ( in Sanusthup chandass) trayambakam yajamahey sugandhim pushtivardhanam oorvarukamiva bandhanaanmrutyormoksheeya maamrutaat 1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7 traya mba kam ya ja ma hey su gan dhim pu shthi va rdha nam oo rva ru ka mi va ban dha naat mru thyo rmo kshee ya maam ru taat 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 WORDS: 7 LETTERS: 32 (32 - 24) = 8 Devatha Sthana: 9th house Weaknesses in the 7th house is strengthened and boosted by the devatha in the 9th house (Shiva, guru, dharma, house of
protection)...7th house is maraka sthana, 8th house is ayur sthana, any malefic afflicting your maraka will be removed and protected by Shiva in the 9th house. Its auspicious to have Shiva sit in the 9th house. 17. All mantras, if pronounced correctly, are very auspicious. See which houses need strengthening and figure which mantras are good for you. 18. If somebody's job is not working out well, his 10th house is weak and comes to you and says that he is not happy in his job and he is not having the desired success in his job, then take a mantra which has 10 or 22 or 34 letters and see which God will give him success in career and give a mantra for that God. 19. Identify which God is strong, let’s say 3rd house, if that house is strong, consider a mantra, which is 3 words and 10 letters to give him the desired effects. 20. Chant as many mantras as you want, personal choice. Depends on what you want, moksha, dharmic work, success in career etc... 21. If a mantra has 'n' letters, then you have to do it n LAKH times, then you will attain "mantra siddhi". 22. Me and Ju, first house is auspicious. Su and Mars, 10th house is auspicious. 23. Any form of Shakti, 3rd house is extremely auspicious. - House of desire and initiative, she will give you all that is necessary to get the job done. 24. In the hora order ruled by planets having a body. Ra/Ke are except, reason, see below. a. Weekday - Agni tatwa and represent physical vitality. Vaaraadhipathi is important for agni tatwa. Ra/Ke are exceptions to Agni tatwa... they are not given representation. 25. Tithi - jala tatwa 26. In Panchanga, Nakshatra, Yoga, Karana, Vaara and Tithi are mapped to Agni, Bhoo, Jala, Vayu and Akasha tatwas. (not in the same order, however) 27. When you repeat a mantra, certain energies are generated within you. It need not be Sanskrit alone, so let’s take a Parsi mantra, related to the sacred thread. 28. Example of Parsi and Islam mantra: shnaotra ahurahe mazda ashame vohu kemna mazda ashame vohu (from avestha, zoroastrian equivalent of vedas) Words: 9
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Letters: 21 (9th house) Devatha sthana: 9th house mantra basically related to Dharma, Guru religion righteousness. All weaknesses in the 9th house are removed and 9th house is strengthened. * Allahoakbar is same as Namoshivaya. *Example Bismillahir rahmanir rahim Letters: 9 Words: 3 Devatha sthana: 9 -3 =6 + 9 = 3rd house. That is what is blessed. Energies of 3rd house are taken and diverted to 9th house of Dharma and all this is done by the God of this manta sitting in the 3rd house. Mantras are not really specific to Hindu mantras. It applies to any religion. *Example, Buddhism, Tara Devi, wife of Jupiter, Om Tare dustare turye swaha 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Words: 5 Letters: 10 Devatha Sthana = 10 + 10 -5 = 15 = 3rd house. Devi in 3rd house is extremely auspicious devatha sthana, takes your abilities and converts them into actions in society. *Example, panchadasi mantra, Devi mantra Ka-A-ee-lahreem hasakahalahreem sakalahreem || (pronounce the above word as split) Words: 3 Letters: 15 = 3 Devatha sthana: 3rd 3-3-3 mantra,
Source and Destination are the same and takes your initiative, curbs negative influences and enriches positive influences. 29. Mantras have 2 forms (simple and koota beeja form). Both the forms have same characteristics and latter is extremely difficult to pronounce and only sadhakas can do it. 30. Koota beeja, difficult and will be mis-pronounced. Mantra has 3 letters - Vak beeja, Sri beeja and Shakti beeja. 31. Each letter will impact certain house in the horoscope. So, all letters in the mantra are important and to be pronounced correctly. 32. 7th house of desire - if you want 7th house as devatha sthana Lord Krishna is appropriate. DIVISIONAL CHARTS or VARGA CHAKRAS: 33. A total of 16 Varga chakras are taught by Parasara (although there are others taught by Jaimini and Tajaka scholars like Neelakantha). 34. How to find Rasi chakra a. Divide 360 into 12 equal parts of 30 degrees each. b. Houses are named Aries, Taurus, Ge....Pisces. 35. How to make Dasamsa (D-10): c. How many degrees in Rasi - 30 d. Dasamsa - 30/10 = 3 degrees. Basically divide each Rasi into 10 parts and see which part it belongs to? e. 1st Division of Ar - i.e. 3 degrees - goes to Aries f. 2nd Division of Ar - i.e. 3 degrees - goes to Taurus : : g. 10th division of Ar -i.e. 3 degrees - goes to Capricorn. 36. Once you figure out which part the planet falls in, then you can count so many houses from the sign where the planet is posited and you get the corresponding house in D-10. 37. However, there is one thing to remember when you count and move zodiacally, and that is to check if the sign is an odd sign or even sign. 38. Odd rasis or Male rasis - Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius. - Count normally in zodiacal fashion one house at a time. 39. Even rasis or Female rasis - Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn & Pisces. - Count from the 9th sign zodiacally. h. EXERCISE - Locate Su in D-10 if it is at 17 degrees in Leo i. First, Ar is a Male sign and count normally.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
40. 17 degrees is between 15 (5th part) degrees and 18 (6th part) degrees, means Su is in the 6th Rasi. j. Count 6 houses from Leo - Su is in Capricorn in D-10 k. EXERCISE - Locate Mo in D-10 if it is at 22 degrees in Scorpio. l. Scorpio is a female sign, 9th sign is Cancer. 22 degrees is between 21 and 24 degrees, which is the 8th part. So, the 8th from Cancer is Aquarius. Hence, Mo is in Aquarius. 41. Same logic applies to D3, D9, D24 and all other divisional charts. th 42. In Rasi, 10 house shows the work that native does at a physical level. It doesn’t tell about the career of a person. When you say career, it is an environmental thing. 43. All divisional charts show the environments in which you(your body) operate in different aspects of your life. Rasi shows the physical manifestation and strictly about body. 44. Divisional charts show the subtle things. Example Chart 1: 45. Virgo LA a. Based on Rasi chart, 10th house Ge, intellectual sign with Sa+Ke, extremely disciplined and very hard working. b. Lot of physical labor seen. Let’s look at the D-10: 46. Simha LA, 5th Lord Ju with Ve in the 5th house. th 47. Ma (9 Lord) is in the 10th house, 10th house Lord is Ve and placed in the 5th house - This is a blessed person with regard to Career. 48. 10th house is associated with both 5th and 9th house -- Trikonas show blessings due to purva punya. th 49. Ma alone in 10 house, Ve with Jupiter, Career given by Taurus and Ve since Ve dominates. 50. Quadrant Lords + Trine Lords coming together is Raja Yoga here, Ve (10L) + Ju (5L), 5th house is the house of following. 51. This person is a poplar entertainer with fan following. a. So, initial thought would have been that this is the chart of a laborer. D-10 brought out the finer details. That is the lesson. b. Although, Ve+Mo aspect the 10th house in Rasi chart. th th 52. Thumb rule is 6 house is for service and 7 is house is for business. 7th is the seed of Kama trikona, desire, so, those who are not happy with Service may want to do/achieve more. *Downside of thumb rules - Consider Business man working
57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63.
very hard due to a planet in the 6th house, but using thumb rules, you may be tempted to say that this is a service person. 6th Lord in 10th house, 6th L shows service and enemies, lot of enemies in career. Graha malika yoga in Rasi - Planets in 4 or more consecutive signs without counting Ra/Ketu, positive powerful yoga. There will be lot of success. Results are given based on the starting and ending sign. First house is head, face, neck and so on...there are so many different interpretations. Here, yoga starts in the second house, "face". Sa owns 5th and 6th house - How do you see impact of Sa on this person’s career. Person has Virgo ASC and Sa is in the 10th house, 6th L in the 10th house means enemies and working hard. 5th L in the 10th house, somebody who is famous. Both of them give their results and depend on dasa. When planets who have argala on the 5th house or Rasi or Graha drishti on the 5th house, then there can be fame...a particular planets antardasa can make Sa give results relating to one house more than the other. Divisional Charts table is in the pdf file in the disc. There are 16 charts, a. Dn n=1-12, Existence in the physical plane. b. 13-24 - Plane of consciousness. c. 25-36 - Sub consciousness. d. 37 and above means supra consciousness. e. There is no D5 and D6, D8 in Parasara's teachings. f. D1-D12, body, wealth, siblings, parents, children, career - all these things exist physically. g. D13-D24, Comforts/mental happiness/unhappiness, education, mental feeling of fulfillment/luxury Note mental plane of existence is just one aspect of "Consciousness". Intellectual existence is a form of consciousness, Extension of the mind. D20, religious activities and spiritual matters, your spiritual evolution, how you evolve. D24, knowledge and learning. When you are meditating a God, you are conscious of something. When you are listening to a tape and wondering what is D24 and D20, then you are working in the plane of consciousness. Mo is Mind, has 16 phases (amavasya to Pournimasya) hence the name due to shodasa kalas, kalamsa, there are 16 phases of mind, extreme depression to happiness. Sub conscious factors, somebody prone to anger. Charts that show these are D27 and D30
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
64. There is no D17 or D18, but there should be no reasons not to have. But we are not intelligent enough to understand everything. 65. Why are we counting from the same sign, and the 9th from it(for even signs) in D10 and why do we split signs into 24 parts and count only from Cancer and Leo and attribute them to Saraswati and Ganesha or apara vidya and para vidya. 66. D-27 (Naksatramsa) subconscious impulses and factors driving you. 67. D-30(trimsamsa) Evils within a person, in each person, there is a papa-purusha. There is a God within you, Jupiter, Mo within you as Mind, Vamana within you as humility, Bali as arrogant giving nature, all these characters exist within the universe and in a microcosmic form wihtin us. 68. D30 shows that papapurusha exists as Shad-Ripus within us (Kama krodha moha lobha mada matsalya)...shows strong faces of papa purusha within you and when they show up in life. 69. Supra conscious plane, D40, D45 and D60. a. D40 inherited karma from Mothers side. (Curses and blessings). Curses work for 7 generations. b. D45 inherited karma from Fathers side. (Curses and blessings). Curses work for 7 generations. So, don’t go more than 7 generations. 70. If somebody has problems spanning multiple generations -then you need to look into these charts. 71. Dasa Varga charts for Manushya charts. - Normal human beings. 72. Use Shodasa Vargas for kings, queens and princes... (Includes D40 and D45) the karma of king/queen may affect the fortunes of generations to come...hence you need to give importance to these charts more in royal horoscopy. 73. Everything may be seen in D60. It is shows past life events. rd 74. 3 from AL - shows the nature of someone’s death. rd 75. Look at 3 from AL in D60 to see the reason for death in the past life and this may be the reason for fears/phobias in this life. 76. Exalted Mo in 3rd from AL -> Jala marana, if that is true, that person will have hydro phobia in this life. 77. 3rd from AL has Ke - Death by some kind of mistake, those people tend to be very careful in this life. 78. 3rd from AL, Ke in Sagittarius (sign of fall)...Death by falling due to mistake. 79. 3rd from AL, Ve in Sagittarius, death by fall in a vehicle. 80. What ever good you did in past life, you will enjoy in this life, "dharmo rakshati rakshitah". Moola dasa needs to be seen for timing this.
81. D60 is what shows what you have to experience in this life. Dasa Varga charts for Manushya charts. 82. The body, Career, etc… are the vehicles through which this karma is experienced. 83. Vimospaka bala given the highest points for D60. Second highest are Rasi and Navamsa (dharma and marriage. Marriage is not Kama alone but dharma as well). D9 shows internal ability and this is what defines your dharma. Rikshaw driver and guru at mutt have different dharmas, God applies different yard stick.
Lesson #7 Compiled by Ted Ellis Topics covered: 1. Continuation of few Mantra Sastra principles. 2. Introduction to Chart Analysis. All aspects relating D-24 is considered to illustrate the analysis. 3. Example Charts: a. Chart 1: Male. 7 Aug 1963, 9:15:40 pm, 83 E 58 and 21 N 27. D-24 Analysis. b. Chart 2: Sri Aurobindo; Aug 15,1872 5:08 AM (5:53:23 LMT) 88 E 22 22N32– Analysis of D-24 and Rasi. c. Chart 3: May 20, 1894. 1:22:00 pm. 79E32 and 11 N 57 – Swami Chandra Sekhar Saraswati Key Points: Mantra Sastra: 1. Krishna is not only a significator for marriage and he is also for th Learning. “Kleem krishnaya namah” – Krishna sits in 9 house of Guru. 2. Siva and Parvati are the natural karakas for marriage – when th they are in the 7 house they can give marriage. Ex: “Namah Sivayai cha Nama Sivaya” 11 letters, 3 words – Siva and Parvati th in 7 house bless the marriage. These are very effective, but are not from a particular Veda. 3. For specific Mantras from Vedas, it is a good idea to pray to the Guru who gave that Mantra or to the Rishi of that mantra before reciting them. Ex. Vishwamitra is the Rishi for Rigveda mantra “Vrishabam Charsha….” Chart Analysis: 4. Each house signifies several matters –relevant house for that matter is seen from that house in the corresponding divisional th chart. Ex 4 house stands for several things like mother, education, comfort, heart, real estate etc, so for education see th 4 house in D-24, for mother see 4th house in D-12 etc. 4th in Rasi chart shows heart. 5. In any chart note the following in that order in seeing charts a. First find the divisional chart that we want to see. b. Then see the house that we are interested in. For ex. to th th see the learning of Jyotisha, see 8 house in D-24. 4 shows general education. c. Who owns (lord of) that house? The planet is the boss for that aspect. This planet can set the rules for that house.
d. Who occupies it? The occupants have control of that house and exert what is done. e. What are the aspects on it – Rasi drishti (permanent influence), graha drishti (desire of the planet, during a particular dasa, temporary influence), argala – forced intervention (virodhargala – breaks Argala) The following are the basic nature of the each planet. a. Sa - work hard, very traditional – doesn’t like change etc... b. Ra - cheating, deceit, sudden reversals c. Ke - dhooma ketu – burn everything d. Ma - aggression, does not want to wait) e. Su - authoritative, king f. Mo - no enemies – comfort, sweet, Satwik happiness g. Ju - wisdom, vedic knowledge etc - Ju aspect is very desirable h. Ve - excitement and pleasure – Rajasik happiness i. Me – Analytical ability, Learning th Ra, Sa in 4 house shows unhappiness. Unhappy with what is th seen from the 4 house in the corresponding div chart, for ex., the why can be seen from education in D-24, from mother in D12 In physical chart (D-1) and in Dasamsa (D-10), Ra and Ke are always opposite. D20, D24 they are always together. They work together anyway. While Ra and Ke being together, consider both of them, consider Ra for bhoga and consider Ke for Moksha. th Occult learning – hidden knowledge - see 8 house in D24 – House of hiding and tapasya. for example Jyotisha doesn’t just th come by reading a book, 8 house strength is needed to make it fruitful. Guru Purnima or Vyasa Purnima – Most times, in natural Zodiac th Su is in Ge, Mo will be in Sg (9 house is the house of Guru) – auspicious day for pujas and to honor Gurus.
Example Chart 1: 11. Siddhamsa of learning D-24 has La in Ge with Me and Ve. Ma in th th th 12 house - Ta. Sa, Ra, Ke in 11 house – Ar, Ju in 10 house – Pi (house of deva gurus), Mo and Sa in 6th house – Sc. th 12. 2 raja Yogas – conjoining of 1, 4 lords is one, and 4th and 5 lords is another. 13. House lords in trines or quadrants are good. Quadrant it shows efforts and Trine shows blessings. 14. Lagna is both a trine and a quadrant and hence it is a very important house. Ve and Me are friends and are in a friend’s house. Me is in own house and he hence very well placed. This person is extremely intelligent and learnt.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
15. Conjoining of 4 and 5 lords is Raja Yoga and each raja yoga th th has a sub-theme. 4 and 5 conjoining shows Vishnu’s blessings. Being D-24, this person has Vishnu’s blessings in learning. 16. Conjoining of trine lords1, 5 or 9 with quadrant lords 1, 4, 7 or10 st th gives Raja Yogas. 1 and 5 conjoining has lot of following and st th if they happen to be in 1 or 5 , its called Maha Raja Yoga – Excellent following. th 17. 10 house in D-24 – shows karma related to learning. The native th th will be engaged in teaching if 10 lord (Ju) in 10 house is very strong. Native will be engaged in spreading this knowledge. On th the contrary, if 10 house in D-24 is weak and if the person is well learnt that knowledge will be for him and is not for spreading in society. th 18. In D-24, Ve and Me (2 strong planets) have Argala on 10 house. Virodhargala (2, 4 and 11 in reverse direction) is not that strong. th th 19. 9 house in D-24 shows guidance he received from his Guru. 9 th lord shows his Guru. 9 lord Sa (Koormavatara – very rd traditional) – has 3 house aspect from Ve and Me shows desire from Guru to pass on that knowledge. th nd th 20. Argala on 9 house - Ju from 2 house, Ma in 4 house, Me and th Ve from 5 (secondary). Parasara’s dictum is if there are several rd (2 or more) Malefics (evil planets) in 3 house it can also give rd th Argala. This being the case with Ra, Ke and Sa in 3 from 9 (Aq) shows great desire from guru to pass on that knowledge. 21. Graha Malika Yoga – 4 planets in consecutive locations formed without Ra or Ke. Results depend on where it starts and where it ends. The trigger starts from Ju activity in Pi. Example Chart 2: nd th 22. D-24 chart. La in cp; Me, Ve, Sa in 2 ; Su, Ra, Ke in 8 ; Ma in th th 11 ; Mo, Ju in 12 ; th 23. 9 house is the strongest trine among trines. 24. If a planet is both a trine lord and quadrant lord, it is called Yogakaraka. For example, for Cp and Aq LA, Ve is Yogakaraka. For Cn and Le LA, Ma is a yogakaraka. th th 25. LL Sa and 5 and 10 lord Ve forms several Raja yogas in 2nd house. st th st th a. Sa-Ve 1 and 5 lords, Sa-Me 1 and 9 . th th and 10 lords conjoining – Dharma b. Me-Ve 9 Karmadhipati yoga. th th c. 5 & 9 lords together and LL is strong (own house and all the more if it also happens to be Moolatrikona), it’s a Maha Raja Yoga.
26. If multiple Raja yoga’s in 2 house in D-24, he will be a great th orator. Supremely intelligent with Me and 5 house yogas. 27. Ra (searching for hidden, following tradition) and Ke (spiritual th knowledge) in 8 house in D-24. Ra in bad influence can make you a Rebel. If he is in good influence, he can take you beyond the boundaries of known into great research. 28. Su is the natural Atma Karaka. Even though Ra, Ke are Su’s enemies this goes good with sadhana. He is a great Sadhaka or Tapasya. th 29. 4,8,12 are moksha trikonas. 12 house of Moksha has Ju. Being D24 shows moksha in learning. Mo and Ju being together or in mutual quadrants i.e., if Mo is in 4, 7,10th from Ju – it is called Gaja Kesari Yoga. If they are together in a quadrant, it’s the strongest. It makes a person famous. Also, Ju in Own house and Moolatrikona is very strong and has aspect on Su, Ra, Ke. Here Moksha trikona is very strong than Artha trikona. 30. Count the number of favorable signs of any planet being in its own, Moolatrikona or exalted in all the 16 (shodasa vargas). If the count is 2 its excellent – its called Parijataamsa. In 5, its great, Simhasanamsa (possibility is 1/1024), 7 is devalokamsa etc... If its 16, it is called SriDhamamsa. 31. With Atma karaka change, there will be great change at that time. Chara Karaka significators for various things – change from person to person. Example Chart3: Rasi analysis. 32. Rasi chart for one’s overall existence. 33. ASC in Le; Ke,(Sa) in Vi; Mo debilitated in Sc; Ma in Aq; Ra, Ve th in Pi; Me, Su, Ju in Ta - 10 house. nd th th 34. 2 -8 access and 10 house standout with lot of planets in them. This can be a starting point. 35. La shows appearance – La in Le Rasi shows majesty, Royal. Ma shows boldness. st th th 36. Raja Yoga – 1 -5 lord – Lot of following in 10 house (quadrant) related to Karma. nd 37. 2 house strong – house of resources, Me is the natural significator of speech – so he can be a public speaker. Ju is secondary karaka for speech as he stands for wisdom. Also, Ju th nd has 5 house aspect on 2 house, Vi. th 38. Mo is the karaka for sukha and is in 4 house of comfort. Mo, th lord of 12 house of Moksha and giving is in house of sukha. Mo th aspecting 10 house and standing for “giving” indicates giving him happiness through karma. 39. Mo-Ju aspecting each other forms Gaja-Kesari yoga. This makes a person famous.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
40. Neecha-bhanga raja yoga – If a planet is in neecha and the owner of that house is in a Kendra (vishnu sthana, which shows effort). It means that, the planet in neecha is not fully satisfied and there is effort and finally it will result in happiness. The necha-bhanga raja yoga is triggered by the owner of the house where the neecha planet is. 41. Tapasvi Yoga – Ve, Sa, Ke are together, mutual trine or opposite each other. Ke – detachment, Sa gives austerity ability to work hard, and endure, Ve gives the passion and the pleasure (rapture) that comes from Tapasya. It will happen in any house. th It is all the more stronger if it happens in Moksha trikona (8 or th th th 12 – 8 is more important, since 8 is sadhana and siddhi th th th where as 12 is moksha). 8 , 12 houses are dusthanas (bad houses) for materialism, but are very auspicious for Sadhana. th th 42. This chart also has 11 house argala from Ve and 5 house argala from Ke and Sa. So, the Tapasya is from karma.
38 Lesson #8 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics covered: 1. Introduction to Amsa rulers 2. Example of amsa rulers in the D-24 chart of data a. Chart 1: Aug 7, 1963, 9:15:40 am, 83E58, 21N27 3. Amsa Rulers of Dasamsa – dasa dikpalakas 4. Examples of Dasamsa with Amsa Rulers a. Chart 2:1 Nov 1973, 4:07 am, 74E51, 12N54 b. Chart 3: July 9, 1956, 11:17 am, 7 hrs West of GMT 122W1, 37N58 c. Chart 4: 3 Nov 1933, 3:40 pm, 87E32, 23N55 d. Chart 5: July 25, 1961, 5:07 pm, 75E50, 22N44 Key Points: 1. Lord of a house is like group leader, Rasi drishti – permanent influence, Graha drishti – desire to influence, argala – intervention, decisive role and will always happen. Graha Drishti and argala are during their dasa period. th 2. Karaka is like a project Manager. Ex 4 house lord is the karaka for the project called mother. For a planet to give its result, it depends on its relation with karaka and the owner (significator) of that house. Karaka examples Learning - Me, Astrology – Ju,, Mother – Mo, Father – Su … Example Chart 1: 3. Per parasara – divide each house in Rasi into multiple divisions, for example into 24 parts for D-24. 4. Based on which part a planet occupies in a divisional chart, there is also a god who rules that planet during a given period. Ex. There are 24 gods for the 24 divisions in D-24. There are 10 gods for the 10 divisions in D-10. These are called Amsa Rulers. Vishwa-karma is deva silpi and maya is rakshasa silpi. th 5. Ju in the 10 house is the karma sthana in Pi (house of Maharshis), the karma is related to Jupiterian karma. 6. Su, Ma, Ra, Ke and Sa are natural malefics. Mo of Krishna paksha is Malefic (kroora) and Mo in sukla paksha is benefic. In nd th rd this chart Mo is 2 lord in 6 house with Su (3 lord) another Malefic and is aspected by Ma. This shows that this person will have lot of obstacles and will overcome them with lot of determination. th rd th 7. Ma owns 6 and 11 houses. Malefics in 3 , 6 houses are good. rd th Ex: 3 lord (lord of house of determination) in 6 house (house of overcoming obstacles) means that he will overcome the
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
obstacles with a lot of determination. On the other hand benefics there will be contended and will not overcome obstacles with determination. th 8. If 6 house is a malefic house (that means there are some obstacles going on) and if it is with a benefic planet, then there may not be much obstacles. Instead if it has malefic planets, there will be obstacles. 9. Planets are animate and houses are inanimate (or environments) th th 10. 6 , 8 , 12 are called dusthanas. If a dusthana lord is in a dusthana, it is called Vipareeta Raja Yoga and gives results after a lot of struggle. Example Chart 2: th th 11. Le LA. 10 lord Ve is in the 5 house of following with Ju in own house and in Moolatrikona. So, Ju will do his duties and will give th th fame. 5 and 10 lord raja yoga in an enemical sign. This person may have some difficulty in spite of raja yoga. th th 12. The career in this case is given by Ve (10 lord) and not by 10 house. 13. If the raja yoga is in a quadrant, the results come after effort. If th its in 8 house, the results come after a lot of struggle and it its in a trine the results come easily with blessings and as a fruit from past life good karma. 14. Dasamsa (D-10) is a chart of career. The dasamsa deities are dasa-dikpalakas as below. a. Indra - East - power b. Agni - S-E - transformation c. Yama - S - rightiousness, dutiful, does ruthlessly d. Nirriti - S-W - demon – children are bhaya, etc… daughter of himsa, shows irreligiousness e. Varuna - W - god of ocean, shows patience & perseverance f. Vayu - N-W - Energy, gaining strength g. Kubera - N - Money h. Iaasana - N-E - auspicious form of siva, gives auspicious knowledge, shows righteousness, godliness rd i. Brahma - Adhodhic, down DIRECTION, 3 dimension, shows digging, digging, digging etc. and shows research, Rajasik approach. j. Ananta - Urvadhic, UP direction, Raising up, up .…, spiritual rise 15. A planet in Nirriti amsa can show demonic or good knowledge, but it depends upon other influencing planets. A Yamamsa will show that the person will do his karma ruthlessly.
16. In this chart Ve is in Indramsa, which shows that this person th more like a queen in her career. Ju indicating following from 5 house, is in Kubera amsa means the person has money mindedness due to her popularity. th 17. In D-10, its not always 10 house that is important. See all the th Artha trikonas – 2,6,10. Take the strongest of these, In case if 6 house is strong, take that – that shows the career. nd th th 18. 2 house with Sa, (6 , 7 lord) shows how she interacts with people and the way she overcomes her troubles. Sa in Nirriti amsa has negative effects with it. These are the resources that she has at her disposal in discharging her karma. th th 19. 7 house shows interaction and 7 lord shows how (the way) you interact with people Example Chart 3: 20. All Artha trikonas can show career – Take the strongest artha trikona – that shows one’s career. th 21. 6 house in this chart matters since it has lot of planets that st th nd matters – lord of 2 artha trikona – 1 and 6 lord Ve and 2 lord th Me are in an artha trikona – 6 . th 22. Standard thumb rule, strong 6 house shows service and strong th 7 house shows business. th 23. In this chart Ve in 6 house is very strong and makes his career – Being Retrograde (vakri) planet, it shows the strong desire th from the past life, especially in the 6 house, its shows a strong desire to overcome obstacles. He works very hard to overcome obstacles – very committed entertainer. 24. Ve in Indra amsa – this person is very authoritative. 25. Su is the Naisargika Atma. Atma Karaka (AK) shows the soul of the person. Ve is AK for this chart and it makes him strong in overcoming obstacles as well. Example Chart 4: th 26. Ge La in D-10. 10 house has 2 planets – Ma and Sa in Pi, which is Satwik sign. 27. Parivartana – planets exchanging their houses – the planets give each others results. Ma and Ju in Sc have Parivartana in this chart. 28. Ju dominates in this chart – shows a profession looked at with respect - shows judges, teachers, professor, priest etc. rd 29. Ju conjoins Su (3 lord of determination). Su representing politics will bring politics with him into his profession. 30. Ju is in Nirriti amsa which rules out spirituality that Ju would stand for. Nirriti amsa shows someone with breaking barriers 31. In Nirriti amsa it shows good and bad things depending upon which planet is in this amsa – Ex. If its Ju, it could be positive
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
and if its Ra it would be negative. Nirriti could also show wrong thing, demonic knowledge. 32. Su is in Vayu amsa. This person is a teacher (Ju), with political angle (Su) – worked for upliftment of downtrodden – breaking some barriers (Nirriti), and with giving strength (Vayu). Nirriti could even show under-ground mafia kind of work that would happen if it was Ra in this amsa. 33. If Su was in Indra’s amsa it would show power Example Chart 5: D-10 chart th th 34. 6 house is for overcoming obstacles and 7 is for desire. Desire th th is essential for business – So see 6 for service and see 7 for business. th rd 35. This chart 7 is stronger. Has 2 kama trikona lords - 3 lord Ve and 11th lord Ra conjoining in the house of desire. So, this seems to be clearly a chart of a businessman. 36. Also, Ve is the karaka for desire in any chart. th 37. In dasamsa, LL in 9 house means a lot of independence and you are your own boss. In business, it shows he is his own boss. In D-24, it shows Guru. th th 38. 7 lord Me is in 10 house (karma sthana) shows he is bringing th his desire into his karma. Also Me has argala from 7 house making it all the more stronger. 39. Also, any planet having an argala from its own house is strengthened. 40. Me shows business, computer professionals, analytical mathematical ability etc; Su shows politics; Ju shows judges, teachers; Ma shows soldiers; Ke shows religious people, acetics, Ra shows terrorists; Ve shows entertainment people, dancing girls etc. 41. Me also shows speakers and journalists. Me, Mo show traders or Vysyas. 42. Me amsa in this chart is kubera. So, all his desire and karma is related to money. 43. Dharma trikona defines his dharma in society. It is quite strong in th this chart. ASC in Pi has Ma and Ke and 9 house Sc has Ju. So, there is Parivartana between Ju and Ma. There by Ju in ASC is strong giving a Maha Purusha Yoga. 44. There are Maha Purusha yogas are given by – Ju (Hamsa yoga), Ma (Ruchaka Yoga), Ve (Malavya Yoga), Me (Bhadra Yoga), Sa (Sasi Yoga). For this yoga to occur the planet has to be in a quadrant (house of effort) and has to be in own house, exalted or in Moolatrikona. 45. Hamsa (stands for purity) maha purusha yoga will be someone who is very pious, religious. Adding to this, Ju is in Iaasana
amsa – pious. Also, Ju exchanged houses with 9 house of dharma. th 46. To see the kind of career one is in, see the Argala on the 10 th th house. There is 4 house argala of Ma, Ke on 10 house (Sg), indicate hardware business. 47. Sg is the Agni Rasi and is the dharma sthana of the natural th zodiac being his 10 house, it shows that he does his karma with a lot of fire.
Lesson #9 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics covered: 1. Arudha Padas – Introduction. 2. Example chart1: Apr 4, 1970; 5:47 pm; Machilipatnam, India; 5:30 E of GMT. 3. Example chart2: 1 Nov 1973, 4:07 am, 74E51, 12N54. 4. Example chart3: Jan 12, 1863; 6:33 am; 83E30, 33N40; 5:54 E of GMT. Key Points: Arudha Padas: 1. Grahas, Rasis, Bhavas and Vargas are the Four basic pillars of Vedic astrology. 2. Arudha Padas are often mistaken to be Jaimini Astrology (Refer Jaimini Upadesas Sutras by Pt Sanjay Rath). Parasara has talked about them too (Refer BPHS). It may be noted that Jaimini has written in depth about the subject. th 3. The actual houses, for example, 5 house of abilities does not really show the measurable or perceivable aspect of the ability. Whereas an award marks in an examination, trophies are perceivable. 4. Arudha means a “risen one”. Arudha Pada is the risen aspect – the perceivable aspect of any given house. It is the tangible aspect of a given house. th 5. Arudha of the 5 house is represented by “A5” (Refer JHORA 7) and so on. 6. The analogy is, the actual house is like an object, the lord of the house is like a mirror and the Arudha is the image of object in the mirror (lord). From any house, find the distance from that house to its lord and Arudha of that house is the same distance from the house containing the lord. th 7. AL is Arudha Lagna and UL is the Arudha of 12 house, otherwise known as Upapada Lagna (UL). AL is one’s image – how people perceive the native. St th 8. 1 house is Brahma sthana, 7 house (house of desire, marriage) is Siva Sthana and stronger of these two is where st th Narayana lives. Both 1 and 7 are to be seen for judging one’s attitude. st th 9. 1 and the 7 houses are of Satya and Arudha is the Maya. So, st there is an exception in this case – if the Arudha falls in the 1 or th th 7 of corresponding house (not from Lagna) – then take the 10 house from where the computed Arudha is, to find the real
11. 12. 13.
Arudha of that house. That means its Karma Sthana rules the Arudha. In case of dual ownership of Sc and Aq, take the stronger of those houses to be the lord to find its Arudha. There will be actually two Arudha’s in these cases of different strength, which can manifest during their aspects Arudhas can be seen in any divisional chart. Ex – A4 in D-16 will th show what kind of car one has. – Vahana sukha in 4 house and vahana in A10. Sg is the dharma sthana of the natural zodiac and is an agni rasi. For example if Sa is in A10, then he will be doing Sa kind of work and more can be said depending on what amsa Sa is in. th A10 will show what kind of work one is doing, where as 10 from A10 will show the perception people have in their minds on the work the native is doing. Rasi is a chart of physical existence. It also shows different body parts. Arudhas in Rasi show the tangible aspects of the physical body. All the houses in varga charkas show the environments
Example chart1: Dasamsa Analysis. 16. Lagna (Asc) is in Vi. Vi owned by Me has analytical ability. Vi is a virgin, a sign of chastity and shows purity. 17. The true self of purity and overly analytical etc. can not be seen by people. It is intangible. What is tangible is the image AL. 18. AL is in Cp with Ju and Ke. So, people perceive this native to be of Ju and Ke nature – Intelligence, detachment etc. th th 19. 10 lord Me is in Ta and A10 (Arudha of 10 house) is in Ar. This shows the actual work that the native is doing. th th 20. 9 lord Ve is in Ge and 10 lord Me is in Ta. This gives a parivartana an exchange and that makes Me behave as it is in th th th 10 house Ge and Ve behaves as it is in 9 house Ta. Me in 10 will show an engineer, shows Mercurian work. So there is another view of Arudha of houses in case of Parivartana. This is found by our guru Narasimha’s practical experience. In this th case, take Me after parivartana as it is in 10 house and then AL st will be in Pi. But, due to exception (if result happens to be 1 of th th th 7 take 10 from there) the 10 from Pi will be Sg and that will be another Arudha Lagna. 21. So, second arudha lagna being in Sg (agni rasi) with Ma shows to the people that the native is dharmic, very aggressive and fiery in nature as far as the image of self is concerned in karmamsa. 22. The original AL also will work. There will be 2 images.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
23. Engineering, Legislation, Trading, Journalism are shown by Agni – indicating transformation. But, being Me we considered Engineering for the native. 24. Question: Are there any remedial measures to strengthen some houses? 25. Answer: Arudha shows the physical manifestation of an aspect. From Panchanga, the physical entity is seen by the vara or the weekday. So, consider the weekday of the Arudha lord of that th house. For example, for 10 house, in this chart consider A10 th lord Ma (in Ta). Do anything concerning 10 house on Tuesday being for Ma. Arudha being a physical aspect, instead of mantra, one can also take a physical suffering on that day by fasting. So, nd fast on Tuesday and propitiate the god of 2 house from A10, nd the 2 house being the house of sustenance. nd 26. Example: Strengthen A5 in this chart. A5 is in Ta. The lord of 2 from A5 is Me. God of Me is Vishnu. So, fast on Friday and the pray Vishnu for strengthening recognition. 27. Example – In case of house of dual ownership, consider the rd stronger planet – A3 in Pi. 3 house is for communication skills that can not be seen. The tangible aspect of this is a book written, a lecture etc. are shown from A3 being in Pi and having argala from Ju, Ke and Me show the nature of these manifestations. 28. A planet in debilitation and retrograde is akin to being exalted. An exalted planet being vakri is akin to being debilitated. In this chart Ju is debilitated and vakri. 29. If Ke is in any house, count backwards when calculating Argala. 30. Neecha bhanga of any planet is given by the lord of that house or the lord of the conjoining planet’s house is in a Kendra from Lagna (Asc) or the exalted planet of that house being in a Kendra. 31. A planet in retrogression shows a strong desire from past life. That desire is related to the houses that planet owns. Apply this rule to the Rasi or the corresponding chart wherever the retrogression is. 32. Graha drishti will be shown during a particular dasa. 33. Vi is application of intelligence, Sa shows hard work, Ma shows forcefulness. So, Ma and Sa in this case will impact the writings due to Rasi drishti. 34. Apply Arudhas only to physical (1-12) and mental charts only. Don’t apply them to charts beyond. 35. AL of D-60 is the Lagna (Asc) of past life. rd 36. 3 house apart from communication shows initiative and rd bravery. A3 shows the weapons that one has. 3 from A3 will show the perception of people on how brave the native is.
Lesson #9 rd
37. 3 and 6 from AL are very important to see one’s attitude. 6 rd house defeating other people, 3 house is having the courage to rd th defeat other people. So, see who is occupying 3 and 6 – Malefics or benefics. rd th 38. Rules are different for 3 and 6 seen from Lagna (Asc) or AL. th From Lagna (Asc) 6 will show overcoming obstacles whereas from AL it will show defeating enemies. Example Chart 2: rd 39. Lagna (Asc) is in Vi. AL is in Cp. 3 is vacant, so she is not th overly brave to pull other people around her. 6 house has Sa and Ke. So, once she feels enemical about someone, she will destroy them. So the image she projects is a materialistic nature. rd 40. From AL, If 3 house is with no planets or with benefics, one really doesn’t have big bravery to pull other people around, but if th 6 has malefics, one will not have hesitation to defeat them. rd th 41. If 3 and 6 are malefics – High initiative, brave and complete the task rd th 42. If 3 Malefic, 6 Benefic – High initiative but no execution rd th 43. 3 benefic, 6 Malefic – Not much initiative and bravery, but once started for whatever reason, they will finish it. rd th 44. 3 , 6 both benefics – no initiative, no execution – this is more a saintly person. Example Chart 3: rd th 45. Ju in 3 house and Ve and Me in 6 house from AL in Rasi. As far as initiative is concerned, he is very wise and in any fight with anyone, he will simply withdraw. This is a Saintly chart. th 46. If a malefic in 6 house but debilitated, then one give up and not pursue will either halfway through or at the end. A malefic in neecha behaves like a benefic and a benefic in neecha will behave like a malefic. Ma is an exception. rd th 47. The attitude of a person can be seen from 3 and 6 houses from AL from different divisional charts on different aspects of that person.
Lesson #10 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics Covered: 1. Discussed Arudha Padas. 2. Brief introduction to Dasas. 3. Example chart1: April 4, 1970, 5:47 pm; Machilipatnam, India. 81E08 and 16N10. Analysis of D-24; 4. Example chart2: June 13, 1949; 10:55:00 am; Palayamkottai, India. Key Points: General discussion and Example chart 1: 1. Actual houses are the potential of a person. They are inanimate. The grahas are animate and represent kinetic energy and show the application of the potential of the person, which reflects as a tangible thing that can be seen by the Arudha. 2. The analogy is that, the house being the object, the lord of the house being the mirror and the Arudha being the reflection of the object through the mirror. 3. Arudha of a house is at the same distance from the lord of that house as the lord of the house is from the corresponding house. 4. Lagna (Asc) is the seed of one’s existence and for example, when Mo is in La with A11 and A5, then, during the Mo dasa/Antardasa, there will be gains due to A11 and recognition of abilities due to A5 and there will be a new beginning since its in La. 5. Arudha Padas are not real, real aspects are from original house that we can’t see. Arudhas are the tangible reflections and illusions and are Maya. And these are important as we are in the Maya world. Also, Mo shows Parvati and Devi who stand for Maya. 6. AL is the Arudha of the La and it shows the image of one’s self. Its not to be considered artificial as the true self projects this image itself. 7. Houses from AL show the perceived image in people’s mind. 8. Maha dasa level is ruled by Su. This period captures more stable things Su representing satya and the self will rule. Hence Su important at this level. 9. At Antardasa level and for Arudha’s, Mo is important. Antardasas are ruled by Mo. Chandra Lagna (Mo as La) is also important as it shows the mind. 10. Mo is the significator or the karaka for Arudhas. th 11. 8 house stands for sudden changes, working hard and also indicates occult knowledge.
12. Enemies are tangible obstacles represented by A6. If the planet th of interest is in 12 from A6, it means giving up of enemies, which means less opposition. If its so in D-24, it means less opposition in examinations etc. th 13. 9 house shows Guru and Dharma. Sa shows traditional knowledge. 14. Sa is a slow moving planet and is also called Manda planet. 15. 3,6,11 are very auspicious for any Malefic planets – Su, Ma, Sa, Ra and Ke. 16. Sa is the karaka for masses, following, popularity etc… Sa is the th th karaka for 12 house and if he is occupying or aspecting 12 house, he makes the person give a lot but slowly as he is rd manda. In 3 house does not show much initiative as he is slow to start anything. But, once started, he will finish it quick. Sa and rd Ma are extremes and if they have influence on 3 house, there will be mixed results. 17. Argala is a conclusive intervention. 18. Quadrants are Vishnu sthanas showing efforts and Trines are Lakshmi sthanas showing blessings. 19. Ra shows engineering, Research etc. Me will show analytical, math, journalism etc. th 20. 10 house shows karma sthana and D-20 shows religious th activities and spiritual growth. 5 house shows abilities. The ability required for spiritual growth is Bhakti and Devotion. th 21. In general, the n house from La shows real aspects. An shows th th the tangible (visible) aspects of the n house. The n house from AL shows the perceived image in people’s mind. 22. Exalted planets are akin to people who are excited and are carrying good fortune. Debilitated is who is little unhappy and can give results only by working hard. 23. In D-20, especially a debilitated planet is very strong – It shows a lot a patience and submission. Ex. Ve debilitated shows submission to Lakshmi. th 24. 5 house shows the abilities and A5 indicating its tangible aspects – if there is a link between these houses in D-20, it means that the mantras and the actual rituals performed are directly to the Bhakti and devotion one is having. 25. In D-20, Ju is the karaka for Mantra. With Ju in Li and Ve in Vi and A5 in Sg in D-20 means that there is a great possibility of starting a new mantra during Ju dasa/Antardasa of a given period. This is because, Ju is the owner of Sg, which is occupied by A5 and Ju being in a Venusian Rasi (Li) and Ve (in Vi) having Rasi drishti on Sg (with A5). So, during Ju period, there is a greater a greater possibility that a new Mantra will be started. Ve has a greater influence on A5 than other planets since Ju is itself in a Venusian sign.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
26. In D-24, during Ju phase the indications in education are Ju is in th Pi(10 house), debilitated and is with A7 and A8. So, there is a greater possibility of interaction with people (due to A7) and eighth house aspects being manifested (due to A8). th 27. 7 house being interaction with people, A7 is the manifestation of that interaction within you. So, during Ju antardasa, he can meet with Jupiterian like people. It is also with A8. So, during Sa th dasa, results of 8 house results can be given, since, Sa is the th owner of the 8 house. And if we look at Ju Antardasa in Pi with th A8. So, in Sa dasa and Ju antardasa, 8 house results can be given – a break or a manifested occult knowledge or mrityu or end to education. There can be breaks in education. Also, Ju is the karaka for Vedic knowledge. Pi is a satwik and sign of sign of Maharshis. So, Ju in Pi can also give astrological knowledge. A8 can mean tantrum knowledge too, but, since its during Ju, it will be knowledge of maharshis like astrological studies. Also, the Sa dasa and Ju antardasa is a perfect combination to give a boost to occult knowledge, as Sa is very conducive to occult. 28. In D-10, a particular dasa/antardasa with A8 can mean a break in service. 29. A8 is also called Mrityu pada. 30. We can go to the extent of six levels of dasa periods, but we need to have an accurate time. If we don’t, then there will be lot of displacement in the houses. 31. When we use Antardasas, pay attention to Arudhas. Any planet that occupies an Arudha or has argala on a Arudha will tend to give its result during that antardasa. Example Chart 2: 32. Le Lagna – Su is the king of the solar system. Authoritative, Respectful. AL is in Sc - Ar is the determination akin to fire. In sc it is determination akin to watery and cool. 33. Sc stands for hidden things – so AL in Sc, you will get the image that the person is not open and something is hidden and is cunning. 34. Ke in second house – From 108 names of Ke - Dwiteeye Sputa nd Vagdhata – Ke in 2 house gives very clear speech esp. when he is in Ge/Vi – expression comes from Me. 35. A planet’s agenda is seen from what houses he owns. For Le LA, Sa in ASC is a papa graha and being in La shows trouble – th a slow and recurring trouble – recurring because, it’s a 6 lord. A good trouble or bad trouble depends on what karma Sa is carrying from past life. The karma that a planet is carrying can be seen from the amsa rulers of D-60. In this example, Sa is in Sarpa shastiamsa and indicates the results of a sarpa Yoga. Sarpa Yoga indicates that the person feels like a snake coils him
36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41.
– in other words he is having constant troubles. In this case, it is Sa sitting on the head (La). Su as LL in devamsa shows excellent wisdom, maturity and intelligence. LL is called Paka Lagna and shows the intelligence – shows how he feels, acts etc... Maturity comes from LL and its karaka is Ju. If any house has its lord in a trine, that house will have the blessings of Lakshmi. th Amruta shatiamsa means nectar. 12 lord in Amruta shastiamsa means he is a great giver, someone similar to Karna. th Vamsa Khayamsa means family-decay, if the planet owning 4 th & 9 houses is in this amsa, its not auspicious – This shows some problem with respect to growth of the family. th 8 house stands for troubles, tensions, sudden changes and th even death. If Ra in 8 house, its bad, means cheating and when Ra is involved, it shows sudden shock. Dusthana – Mrityu th th sthana. Sa in 8 house will show sadness. Ra in 8 is not good for health overall. Usually people who have strong Mo are reactive and people who have strong ASC are proactive. Vimsottari can be started from Mo or LA, depending upon whichever is stronger. A6 is also called roga pada, so in Ra MD you should still take the Arudha since Ra is the planet of materialism and maya, where as Ke is the planet of getting away from Maya and take the native to moksha. In normal cases at MD level we do not consider Arudha padas, they are considered for AD only. th th th 6 , 8 and 11 houses are important when we are looking at th th th deceases. 11 is 6 from 6 – also called Hara Sthana – not an auspicious. Karaka for physical vitality is Su. Su, Mo affliction with Ra or Ke in D6 is bad. It gives physical or mental troubles and Su will represent digestive system and stomach. In this case propitiate Su to strengthen him to fight Ra or Ke. st Body parts mapping to the natural zodiac signs are – 1 (Ar)nd rd head, 2 (Ta)-face, 3 (Ge)-neck and respiratory system th th including lungs, 4 (Mo) - heart, 5 (Le) - stomach and upper th th abdomen, 6 (Vi) - lower abdomen, 7 (Li) - shows kidneys and th internal reproductive parts like uterus etc.., 8 (Sc) - physical and external reproductive organs. Badhakasthana shows troubles for no logical reason. For th movable (Chara) rasis, it is 11 house. For fixed (Sthira) rasis, it th th is 9 house. For dual signs, it is 7 house. Troubles indicated by Badhakasthana can not be diagnosed and there can be no cure.
Lesson #11 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha. Topics covered: 1. Revision of what dharma-artha-kama-moksha houses represent 2. Revision of Arudha Padas – theory. 3. Examples Chart 1: 4 Apr1970, 5:47:13 pm, Machilipatnam, 81E8, 16N10. Rasi and D-24 analysis. 4. Example Chart 2: India – Aug 15 1947, Time - 00:00:01, Delhi, India. 5. Example Chart 3: May 22, 1972, 8:15 pm, proddatur, India. Navamsa analysis. Time later rectified to 8:12 pm as we proceeded in lesson. Key Points: rd 1. 3 house stands for Initiative. Communication skills are also rd shown from 3 house since its an aspect of initiative. Bravery (boldness) is also an aspect of initiative. th 2. 5 house shows abilities and dharma comes from ability of the individual. That’s how 1-5-9 houses are tied together. The dharma is not same for everyone. One with high abilities will have a high dharma and one with a low ability will have a low dharma. rd 3. Example with 3 house is , A3 will show the tangible aspect of rd the initiative that the world can see where as 3 house shows rd the inherent initiative and 3 from AL shows what the world thinks of the native’s initiative. th rd 4. 6 house will show war, whereas 3 house will show the initiative (or a spark) for a war. For ex: war can be within a person – overcoming any obstacle is a war. 5. The house from ASC show the real and intangible aspects that even the native may not be able to perceive. 6. The Arudha of that house is what that shows the tangible aspects that are visible. 7. The nth from AL will show the perception of people on that aspect. 8. Usually all the three houses the An, nth from ASC and nth from rd rd AL will have a link. For example, the 3 house, A3 and 3 from AL will usually have a link. But, this need not always be the case. 9. In case if they are not linked, and for ex, if A3 has a Malefic like rd RA and the 3 from AL has a benefic like JU, then it will be that the person could be very brave, but in people’s mind, he may be perceived as someone who is lacking in Bravery.
Lesson #11 th
10. 5 house shows abilities whereas, A5 will show the awards and the recognition one gets as a result of abilities. This will happen during the dasa of the planet associated with A5. th 11. 6 house is very important to complete something overcoming obstacles. rd th 12. Also, 3 and 6 houses are very important for accomplishing rd anything. If 3 house has a very Malefic, it will show that the person will have a great initiative. 13. Rasi is the chart of physical existence. All the divisional charts th show the environment of a given aspect. In Rasi chart, if 11 lord th in 12 house basically does not show a loss but shows that all the gains will be spent and he will not keep any with him. This dictum is applicable to all the charts not just the Rasi chart. It has to be applied to whatever that divisional chart stands for. 14. As far as mind is concerned, it is so conscious about the body and hence Rasi is important since it represents physical existence. But, if we are interested in a particular chart, go to that specific divisional chart. th th th 15. If 5 and 12 lord is in 9 house in D-24, it means esp. gain vedanga knowledge (due to 5th house) and give it away and that is the dharma this person has to follow. th 16. Planets in 8 house in Rasi chart show that the person is very hardworking all the time. 17. Never ignore the shastiamsa (D-60). It is the blue print of all the karma that the person has to experience from the past live(s). As per Parasara, each divisional chart is for a particular aspect, but, D-60 shows everything. If a planet in D-60 shows bad karma, that person will have suffering and if the planet shows good karma, it will show blessing. 18. Argala is a conclusive intervention that has to happen. Every house has argala from 2-4-11 houses. Graha drishti is shows the desire that may or may not happen. Rasi drishti always exists where as graha drishti and argala effect during that particular th planet’s dasa. 5 house has secondary argala, mentioned in future lessons. 19. The karaka is like a project Manager, Lord of a house is like a group leader and the planets in a house are like the team members. 20. Maha dasa is ruled by Su whichever planet’s maha dasa it is. Su shows Satya. The level of Antardasa is ruled by Mo. Mo shows mind, devi and maya. Arudhas are more important at this level. rd 21. LL shows new beginning and if its in 3 house in Rasi, it will show that bravery and initiative and all the more auspicious rd when combined with 3 lord. 22. Ra, Ke will show big explosive weapons, sudden shocking explosive weapons like nuclear weapons.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
23. A planet owning a trine and a quadrant is a Yogakaraka and it is an auspicious planet. 24. To see a particular planet's dasa, see what houses that planet occupies rasi and see what amsa ruler that planet has in D-60, that will give that property that planet carries. “Komala” amsa is tender “Davaagni” amsa is forest fire (turbulence). If a planet is in this amsa, it basically shows lot of turbulence destroying rotten things and creating a new beginning during that period. nd th 25. For Ta La, Me is 2 and 5 lord and is a benefic and will be a good dasa, but it will carry the amsa property of what Me stands for in D-60 chart. But, you need to have an accurate timing to use the D-60. 26. 3, 6, 11 houses are good for Malefics – Su, Sa, Ma, Ra and Ke th th th etc... Sa as 6 and 7 lord is not good if its in 4 house of sukha. (Ex – Sa in D-60 of India – This shows lack of sukha.) 27. When looking at D-60, chart of Karma – don’t look at Arudhas. Only Satya matters. th th 28. 6 house is enemies, troubles and war. 7 is relationships. 29. D-1 shows at physical level, D-60 will show the satya at karma level. th 30. Ke, the planet of Moksha if placed in the house of desire (7 ) th then there is a lot of confusion – if the 7 happens to be Sc, then he has a dual role to play and creates a lot of confusion. Ke is also called Dhooma ketu and will burn whichever house he occupies other than when he is in 3, 6, 11. 31. Ra, Ke are significators of foreign affairs. 32. Kalaamsa shows time personified – personification of discipline, cold, emotionless th th 33. 9 and 10 lord’s conjoining is dharama-karmaadipati yoga. The native will be sincere, devoted and righteous. th 34. 7 house shows marriage, dharma etc. as marriage is part of Sharma. In case of a country there is nothing like a marriage, it shows the dharma of the country like relations with other countries and so on.. So D-9 can be used for this. th th 35. 8 and 12 – two dusthana lords together is Vipareeta (reversal) raja yoga. th 36. 7 house generally shows a relation where as A7 will show a specific relation. 37. The definition of a birth time is kind of a controversial opinion – it could be when the head is seen, when the cord is cut or when the baby cries etc... and seem to depend on Yuga as well. 38. Prana Pada Lagna (PP) indicates that for human beings it needs to be in trine from Mo in D-9, since Mo is the significator of human being. It is Ke for fish, it is Su for birds etc.. Some people seems to use it in Rasi chart, but this does not seem to
39. 40. 41.
46. 47. 48.
49. 50. 51. 52.
be correct. But these techniques do not seem to work all the time, so use the events and fix the chart. Yakshas are higher beings – they are very skilled, magical etc.. If in Yakshamsa, it shows that period will be a period of shining magically and so on. LL is the most auspicious planet in any chart. th 6 lord in ASC shows obstacles sitting on head. If in D-9, it shows unavoidable obstacles and enmity in relations are sitting th on head. In case of a country, LL in 6 means that that country is th war mongering and if 6 lord in ASC means that the other country is war mongering and is troubling. Before looking at any chart, it is a good idea to see when the ASC changes in the chart. th When looking at D-9, if 7 house happens to be maraka, don’t look at it from the point of view of maraka (or as a killer house). th Look at 7 house as maraka in other natal charts, but exclude that view in D9. th th For divorce, look at 8 house (2nd from 7 ) - mrityu sthana. th th Look at 8 house for break in marriage, 6 house for fight in D-9. A7 shows tangible relation between the native and other. In th dharmamsa, it’s more between native and spouce. The 7 house th shows the relationship one has with his/her spouse. 7 from AL shows the perception people have about this relationship. th th th If 8 lord is with 9 lord, then the dharma is affected with 8 lord. th 9 lord with AL makes people feel that one is dharmic, if its Ma, it is little forceful but dharmic. If they are with A8 it could show break in marriage. Sa is the planet of hard work, suffering, pain etc... UL (A12) rd th shows the actual marriage. 3 , 7 and 11th are important for rd marriage where, 3 shows the initiative for marriage. th Ke is worst enemy of Su, he causes Sun’s eclipse if in 6 house of obstacles, he is weakening Su. th th Look at 4 and 7 lords to see the comforts in marriage, for Pi th ASC if Me is in 8 house in D-9, it indicates sukha lopa in marriage. In this case one needs to propitiate Me (Vishnu) – One remedy is to do Vishnu Sahasranamam on Wednesday. th th th First marriage is from 7 . For second marriage see 8 from 7 nd and for its break see 2 from there. In case of third marriage, th see 8 from the second marriage. Since Navamsa is for marriage, the amsa rulers of D-9 are Manushya, Deva and Rakshasa and they show the amsa of dharma. 2, 6 and 10 artha-trikona are important for career and not just th th 10 house. 10 lord if Sa would indicate a routine work. Varuna Amsa – western direction, foreign, perseverance. Seetala is cool and ardra is an auspicious amsa. Brahma shows
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
downward direction – digging deeper and so on. Ananta shows upward direction – spiritual rise etc. 53. When we say the nth from AL shows people’s perception 54. If A10 is in Sc, then the work environment is in a secretive environment.
56 Lesson #12 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics covered: 1. Revision of aspects, dharma-artha-kama-moksha trines and dasas. 2. Example chart1: Sanjay Gandhi Dec. 14,1946 9:30:25 AM IST 72E50 80N58. Key Points: Revision of General Concepts: 1. ASC shows the essence of one’s being – immeasurable and unperceivable. AL shows measurable image of self and houses from there show the quality of that image. Arudha of any house show the tangible aspect of that house. 2. Karakas are like project managers – Ex Ve is a karaka for a project called “marriage”. The house lord is like boss or group leader. 3. Aspects – Rasi drishti is permanent influence. Graha drishti is temporary during a particular dasa. Its like a planet that has a desire to influence and argala is a conclusive intervention – it has to happen. The relation between the planet, the karaka and the house lord are important and depending upon this 3-way relationship the desire may/may not fructify. 4. Dharma – 1, 5, 9 where 1- existence, 5-abilities and 9 is duties; Artha – 2,6,10 where 2 is resources, 6 is overcoming obstacles, and 10 is karma; Kama 3,7,11 where 3 is drive and initiative, 7 is desire and 11 is gains; Moksha – 4, 8 and 12 where 4 is happiness - it’s a starting point for moksha, 8 is put in hard work w/o selfishness and 12 is giving away w/o attachment. 5. A new dasa starts when one is reborn. For an object in womb a conception chart or adhana chakra is drawn – it uses progression of Su in vimsottari as against Mo. Vimsottari dasa is for 120 years and shows the progression of moon. Moola dasa shows the root. It is like seeing the root whereas vimsottari is like seeing the plant. Moola dasa shows the cause (root) of something happening now(vimsottari). Drig dasa shows the direction or god’s blessings (drig means drishti). Su dasa shows the progression of SL – abode of Lakshmi – shows blessings one receives. Narayana dasa shows the progression of Narayana or true self. Chart drawn at time of death is called “punya chakra” 6. Ju rules Agna chakra. Intelligence and intuition come from there.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Example Chart 1: Rasi chart analysis. 7. ASC in Cp owned by Sa and aspected by Sa – will be cold hearted, disciplined and hardworking – this is true self and the image can be different. 8. Sa is an important planet in life w/o him its difficult to get away the bad karma – Sa can show spiritual progress. rd th 9. 3 and 6 from AL show the boldness and fighting abilities. rd th 3 /6 having malefics means a materialistic person, Benefics means a saintly person. 10. Ar, Le, Sg are agni rasis; Ta, Vi, Cp are Bhoo rasis; Ge, Vi, Aq are Vayu rasis and Cn, Sc and Pi are Jala rasis. rd 11. AL in Li with Ma in Sg (3 ) is a fully malefic and is a materialistic person. AL with Ve and Ju – entertaining and pleasure to be with. nd 12. 2 from AL – house of resources is very important in the world nd of Maya. 2 from AL is Sc with Me, Su and Ke. Ke in upachaya and also in own house is very strong. Shows strong resources but has malefic link due to Ke and has political connections due to Su. 13. Two enemical planets in the same house and very close if in ASC show a split personality and if in AL show different images to people. For ex – Ve and Ju in Li with AL in this chart. 14. When seen from AL do not see the lordship of houses, see only the occupants. Se the lordship always from LA. nd 15. Me in 2 from AL as per Parasara give a lot of resources – good speaker. th th 16. Marana karaka sthanas. Mo – 8 house, Su – 12 house, Ma th rd th st th and Me – 7 , Ju – 3 , Ve – 6 , Sa – 1 and Ra – 9 . If there are planets in marana karaka sthanas, the houses owned by them nd th nd th are destroyed – Ex. Ve lord of 2 and 7 is in 6H, the 2 and 7 houses’s significations are destroyed. th th nd th 17. 8 and 12 are houses of longevity. 2 and 7 are killer houses. th th Ex 7 lord Mo in 8 means the native has a greater chance of death in Mo dasa. Dharmamsa or Navamsa analysis: th th 18. See 7 house for marriage and 7 lord for the spouse. For ASC th th in Cp, Mo (7 lord) in 7 house is very strong and hence strong th marriage and nice wife indicated. See 4 house for happiness in marriage. th 19. T o see native’s spouse, take 7 lord as ASC and read the chart. 20. 1,5,9 in Navamsa are important and show the blessings. 21. Su indicates political power and is a macro manager. Ve apart from being very passionate indicates a good micro manager involved in minor details.
Spouse: th 22. Take Cn as the ASC for the spouse in this chart – 7 lord th th 23. 9 and 10 lord conjoining give dharma-karmaadhipati yoga – discharges her duties in society righteously. rd 24. Me in 3 good authoring skills – writing books. 25. When looking at spouse’s or other’s chart from a given natives chart, do not consider Arudhas. Look at Arudhas only in the native’s chart. Remember that when you see another’s chart from a given native’s chart, it is only the view as seen from this native’s point-of-view. This can differ when you look at same person’s chart from another’s relative’s point-of-view. D-10 Analysis: 26. ASC in Vi with Me – true nature is Intelligent, thinking. th 27. 9 house dharma has Ju in it – so strong sense of dharma in karmamsa. th th th 28. 10 house with Ve (9 lord) and Ra (6 lord), AL – Ra in this chart shows in discharging duties has to overcome lot of enemies and will also create new ones. AL being with Ra gives a demon like image while executing his work. th 29. 7 from ASC shows the desire, A7 shows the inter-action while th 7 from AL (in the world of maya) shows fighting. rd th th 30. 3 lord Ke in 4 , 7 from AL afflicting Mo shows something related to “burning things to ashes” during Mo dasa in executing his karma. th th 31. Thumb rule – strong 6 house – service and strong 7 house is th business (due to 7 – interaction) th 32. 6 house shows overcoming obstacles with authority if aspected by Su, with aggression if aspected by Ma, with hard work if aspected by Sa, ignore and walk away if aspected by Ke and so on. Again depends on Rasi drishti or graha drishti. th th 33. Su (12 lord) in 8 house – vipareeta raja yoga – constant troubles and sudden political power. 34. D-40 shows karma inherited from maternal side, D-45 shows karma inherited from paternal side. These are useful in royal charts only. D-12 Analysis: Mother: th th 35. 4 lord shows mother, 9 lord shows father. For Cp LA, take th where the Ma is as the ASC for mother. In this chart 4 lord is Ma in Cp. th 36. 8 lord (dusthana lord) debilitated is good. If it is exalted it is bad. th 37. Jaya Yoga – LL should reasonably be strong, 10 lord exalted, th 6 lord debilitated. Jaya yoga gives victory.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
38. Ma (blood, anger), Sa (blue, melancholy) are two extremes, they fight and any other planet in that house will be affected. This is avoidable combination. Father: th 39. 9 lord is Me in Aq. Father thinker, philosopher – Aq is sign of philosophers. 40. Two benefics Ju, Ve aspecting Me in Aq (father’s LA) shows he is not aggressive person. 41. Indications of rasi signs a. Cn – owned by Mo stands for compassion and sensitivity. b. Ta – sign of aggression c. Vi – sign of analytical ability d. Ge – sign of communication e. Pi – sign of spiritual attainment f. Sg – sign of upholding dharma. th th 42. If 4 and 9 lords are in quadrants or trines to each other, then nd mother and father have a good relation. If one is 2 from other, th then the other planet is in 12 from first. This forms a 2-12 relation – called dwir-dwaadasa. A similar combination involving th th 6 and 8 houses forming 6-8 relationship is called shad-astaka. Both these are bad – there will be not be good relation and will not get well together. Grand Father: th th th 43. In D-12, take 9 lord from 4 for maternal grand father. Take 4 th lord from 4 for maternal grand mother. The 6-8 and 2-12 relationship can be applied to the computed LA’s of fathermother, mother-grand father, native-mother, native-father etc. 44. In this chart, Ju in Cn for grand father and Ma in Cp are in mutual quadrants, hence mother and grand father get along well whereas Ju in Cn for grand father and Me in Aq for father forms a 6-8 relation and hence, they will not get along well. Brother: rd 45. Drekkana or Parasari D-3 for brother. Younger sibling take 3 rd th house in forward direction, i.e. 3 , 5 , 7th etc. For elder sibling rd th th th take 3 backwards 11 , 9 , 7 etc. 46. Count forward if ASC of the native is in odd sign and count backwards if the ASC is in even sign. Count from natural zodiac. th Ex: For Cp LA, the elder bother is 11 in the backward direction th is Pi. In this chart 11 lord Ju is in Ge. So consider Ge as the ASC for the elder brother. th 47. Ke in 10 house shows flying 48. MO-JU forms Gaja Kesari Yoga, Mo-Ma forms Chandra th Mangala Yoga in the 7 house in this chart. The yoga becomes powerful if, its in a friend’s house.
49. Vimsottari dasa (Dasa of mind) will work for sometime even after the person is deceased; this is since mind-soul gets separated. This is not in all cases though. 50. There are several drekkanas – somnath drekkana shows the rd sexuality of a person. All drekkanas show the 3 aspect of drive and initiation. 51. Parivrithi traya (PV) drekkana shows the application of determination. It shows the direction where the determination is applied. Planets in quadrants are important as they show where the determination is applied. 52. PV D-3 is not for brother, it is for the native – It shows where one feels like applying the determination to. It is the seed. th th 53. Ju in Pi if 9 house shows idealistic dharma. Me in Vi if 9 house shows pragmatic dharma. If a planet is badly placed, propitiating the friends of that planet can also help. Saptamsa Analysis: th st rd nd 54. 5 house for 1 child, 3 from there for 2 child and so on… If ASC is in odd sign count forward, if even sign count backwards. Ra, Ke will put a stop. The resulting sign if is an odd sign it is a male, if it is an even sign it is a female. Exceptions are Ge, Cn, Aq and Pi – it is female if odd sign and male if even sign. 55. Planets Mo, Ve indicate female. Ju, Ra, Ma, Su indicate male. A debilitated planet shows female and an exalted planet shows a male.
Lesson #13 Compiled by Mitnala R Rao Topics Covered: 1. In this class the following topics are covered: 2. How to read D7 (Saptamsa) chart and how to time what happened to children? 3. How to read D3 (Parasari Drekkana) chart for Siblings. 4. Illustrated the above two charts’ concepts using some example charts 5. Introduction to Tithi Pravesha Chart Key Notes: D7 Chart: 1. How to identify the children in D7 Chart: 5th house from ASC shows first child. If ASC in odd sign from first sign of zodiac, count forward. Other wise count backward. The 3rd house from there is second child.. so on. 2. ASC of Child: Take the lord of the sign and see where the lord is, that house becomes ASC of child. 3. That doesn't mean actual ASC of that child is that house. This ASC of child is with respect to your chart. 4. How to decide sex of the (male/female) child: 5. Rule 1. If house-containing lord of the child’s house is odd then child sex is male and if it even then it is female. (Ex: using above technique, you found that your first child ASC is Taurus, then the sex of child is female) 6. Exception: Ge (female), Cn (male), Aq (female), Pi (male): reverse 7. Rule 2. Look at planet in the house: a. SU, MA, JU, RA: Male. b. VE, MO: KE: Female. SA, ME: Dual sex. c. See also other planets’ influences on this house. 8. Rule 3. if planet is Exalted then: male, if planet is debilitated then :female 9. If you are jumping Ra, Ke is encountered; it is an end to the children (Manduka (frog) jump is stopped) unless the planet, which supposes to give second child, is very strong. It will 10. If JU in Purva Bhadrapada 4th qtr is very good. 11. If child ASC is in Ta, you can predict that he/she is hard working, creative (since Ve owns that house). 12. How to decide what is happening to the child: See what is currently running dasa of yours and count that dasa house from child ASC and see what house it matters.
13. To see overall luck with children: In Male chart, see 5th house, look at lord, if it is well placed then he is lucky with children. In Female chart see 9th from ASC (irrespective of even/odd the ASC is) 14. In D7: If 5th lord is marana karaka sthana then the person is not lucky with children. D3 chart: 15. How to identify the sibling in D3- drekkana: 16. Counting rule: ODD: count forward, even: count backward. If Ke is in your ASC the reverse direction th th 17. Elder sibling: 11 house from LA, 11 from that house is second elder sibling so on... 18. Younger sibling: 3rd house from LA, 3rd from that house is second younger sibling so on... 19. It is difficult to judge sex of sibling from D3 chart. Introduction to Tithi Pravesa (TP): (Lunar written chart): 20. Use software to go to Tithi Ashtottari dasa. 21. Look at Tithi pravesha to see the results in next few days, months 22. Basic principles are same. This chart applies to only to a particular year. 23. Lord of the year (Hora Lord or HL) is the planet that controls the year. Based on Hora and Sunrise, a planet is decided as ruler of the year. 24. See hora lord where he is placed in Tithi pravesha chart to see over all year 25. Using the intersection of Natal and Tithi Ashtottari dasas, we can narrow down and Correct the birth time. 26. Western calendar are based on solar chart using Su movements 27. Mahakala hora lord is decided based on fixed time. 28. If Hora lord is in 1st house it signifies: health, basic essence of life 29. Limbs of Panchanga are: Tithi (Lunar, watery- feeling good), Yoga (akasha, binding of people), Vara (agni, physical), nakshatra (airy - strength), karana (earthy, achievement). SAHAMAS: 30. Sahamas are significant points of zodiac. Few significant sahamas are: 31. Paradesa sahama: Going to other countries. 32. Jalapathana Sahama: Crossing over ocean/lot of water. Others: 33. Atma Karaka (AK) represents soul.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
34. If JU is in Sg, it gives Hamsa yoga. JU in Pi is more satwik, Pi being the sign of maharshis. 35. Me, Mo gives: Dharma Karmadhipathi yoga 36. Ve, Me: Lakshmi yoga. 37. How to find some one is having saintly nature or materialistic: th See 3rd and 6 houses from AL. If 3rd house is occupied by JU then he/she could be saint. If malefic planets aspects those houses then the person becomes materialistic. 38. Ke in 12th house signifies Moksha. The person becomes spiritual. 39. Yogas a. 6th lord in 6th house gives: Harsha yoga, the person is peaceful, always happy. b. 8th lord in 8th house gives: Sarala yoga, , the person is straight forward, very honest th c. 12th lord in 12 house gives: Vimala yoga, , the person gives way things happily, purity 40. Marana karaka sthanas: These are the marana karaka sthana for various planets a. Sun: 12th house b. Mo: 8 c. Ve: 6 d. Ma, Me: 7 e. Ju: 3 f. Sa: 1 g. Ra: 9 41. Shadastaka: Two plants are 6th or 8th from each other is very bad. 42. Raja Yoga: If Quadrant lord (Vishnu), Trines lord (Lakshmi) are together is blessing and raja yoga. Or even aspecting is raja yoga. See the closeness of the planets to see how strong is the Raja yoga 43. If the 9th lord with 4th lord are together can give good results 44. For Su, Sa, Ma, and Ra, Ke: 3rd house is good. 45. The 9th and 12th house signifies: Travel, displacement from motherland. 46. If SA is in ASC then it can spoil the houses what he owns. 47. Cn is watery sign and Ra is karaka for travel. 48. 3rd house shows travel. 49. Returning back to mother country: In D4, if 8th lord is aspecting 12th or 9th house then it breaks the residence in other countries. 50. Ve is karaka of marriage. Marriage is shown by UL or 7th house. 51. In D9, if the 6th lord in 7th house, it is bad, it gives quarrels. 52. The 2nd, 8th, 11th houses are for learning astrology. Ju, Ke: important for astrology.
64 Lesson #14 Compiled by Mitnala R Rao Topics Covered: 1. Tithi pravesha chart reading 2. Pundit Sanjay Roth’s lecture on AK (Atma Karaka), Vargottama Key Notes: 1. Rasi chart is chart of your physical existence. 2. Various divisional charts show various phases of your life. 3. In Rasi chart, 7th lord in 8th house is bad; it indicates working hard, anxiety at physical level. 4. Dasamsa (D10) shows what you do in society 5. 5th house in D10 chart shows power, 10th house shows Karma that you do in the society 6. LL and 5th lord or 10th lord conjoin in 7th house is great Raja yoga 7. GL is for seeing power. HL is for seeing money Pundit Sanjay Rath' s lecture on AK and Vargottama : 8. Su light has 7 colors represents 7 planets 9. Ra is no light case means complete dark or black. If Ra is AK can produce the person a saint or criminal. 10. In Ra’s case, you need to subtract current degree from 30 to get effective degree. 11. Planet with highest degree and intensity will become AK of your. 12. There are twelve Adityas. 13. If Mo is AK then the person will be compassionate, charming. 14. If Mo and Ju together and in ASC gives fame. 15. If Mo, Ve conjoining shows lot of money. Ve represents poetry, creativity. 16. Maha Purusha Yoga: Planets exalted in kendras. 17. 4th house is controller for 12th house. 18. Mo represents mind. 19. Ra gives Shock; Sa gives Sorrow (these are catch words) 20. Yantra is diagram (ex: horoscope is yantra) 21. Mo (water) with Ma (creates Pitta): represents tea. Mo and Sa together (Creates dryness, vaatha) is coffee. 22. 3rd house from AL shows what is in your hand and 6th from AL shows what you should renounce. rd th 23. Benefic planets in 3 and 6 from AL show renunciation, saintly nature. 24. Me: Financial planet. Ve shows spouse.
25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Perfect Sadhu should renounce 7th and 10th houses. Me's deity is Vishnu Avatar (lord Krishna) If Su is AK shows ego. If Su in LA, the person is like Majestic. Su is light, MA is heat. Ma is karaka for chillies. Chillies shown by Su. If AK is in the 9th house then the punishment can come from father or guru. If Ve, Me are in Cp the Kali goddess can show path for renunciation. If Ju in LA, the person likes sweets. Water and fire border is gandanta. Ex: (Pi, Ar - Jeshta Gandanta), (Sc, Sg) and (Cn, Le). If planet occupies same house in Rasi and Navamsa then it is known as Vargottama. It is like AK. If Su is Vargottama : the person is good administrator. If Me is Vargottama then the person speaks very well - good learner and teacher. Vargottama planet is your ability If Ma is Vargottama then person would become good soldier and commander If Sa is Vargottama then person is a hard worker If Mo is Vargottama then person is compassionate, kind ASC in Vargottama means stubborn, healthy. Debilitated planet is in Vargottama means the matter that planet signifies is falling down Vargottama AK means the ability is given from the past life.
66 Lesson #15 Compiled by Mitnala R Rao Topics Covered: 1. Quick review on what we learnt so far 2. Quick review on Arudha Lagna (AL) and Arudha Padas 3. Discussed on Rasi, Navamsa and Dasamsa charts with an example 4. Discussion on CharaKarakas, AK Key Points: The following are the basic things that we discussed so far: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
The signs are circumstances, inanimate Planets show animate part of creation Arudhas are perceived image, manifestation AL: what raises materially, what people see 9th from AL means protection of your image.10th from AL shows your karma in the society Arudha Pada: Shows tangible things. Arudha of house means that the manifested/perceived materially image of that house matter. Ex: A4 shows car etc, A5 shows certificate, score UL: Arudha pada of 12th house, marriage of person, spouse details Shasti Amsa, D60 is important chart. Arudha has no meaning here. It is Supra conscious level chart Naisargika karakas: a. Ve: Marriage b. Ju: children c. Su: Power d. Me: General karaka for career (Me shows accounting, mathematician) e. Sa: Hard work f. Ra, Ke: terrorists g. Mo: Minister, bureaucrats h. Ma: Soldiers, Police, initiative, drive in career
Analogy: 10. Naisargika karaka is like a project manager 11. Lord of the house is like Group Manager 12. Planet in a particular house is like a people in that project 13. Rasi dristhti: People who have permanent influence on that project 14. Graha dristhti: People who desire to work on that project (positive/negative desires)
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
15. Argalas (planets in 2, 4, 11 houses from the house): Conclusive/decisive role to play in the project Rules for deciding Human from other living things: 16. PP: Prana pada Lagna in D9 is important. If Mo is in trine or 7th from PP, the chart belongs to a human. Other planets and what they represent are a. Pig: Ra b. Horse: Ve c. Bird: Su 17. PP changes in seconds and depends on sunrise time. The sunrise has three definitions in JHORA – Sun’s center on the eastern horizon (Su and ASC conjoined), Sun’s upper tip is on the eastern horizon and Sun is below the eastern horizon. Because of diffraction, you will see sun’s rays. If there are clouds, chances are you will not see sun’s rays. 18. Moksha Trikonas are 4, 8, 12th houses. 19. Ke: karaka for moksha. 20. Ve in ASC shows an artist 21. Mo, Ve combination shows Passionate. 22. Ke in D9 ASC shows detachment. 23. If lord of the house is 2nd from its own house, then it is marana karaka sthana for that planet 24. Ra gives research, occult and foreign sources 25. Sa, Ve, Ke: if they are together or if they have relation ship (argala, rasi, graha drishti) gives Tapasvi Yoga. 26. Ke shows Vedic knowledge. Planet showing tapasvi yoga in Sc shows spiritual knowledge. 27. Planet in Brahmamsa shows research attitude. 28. 2,6,10 are artha trikonas and shows karma in Dasamsa. 29. 3,7,11 are Kama trikonas 30. In D10, if 6th lord in 7th house, such a person should do service and do business later. 31. Agni amsa ruler shows transformation Charakarakas: 32. AK means soul with in you. Su is vishwatma. 33. If two planets in same degree, one with higher degree become AK and second one becomes Amk. 34. At one point of time, the Amk replaces AK. The Amk replaced by sthira karaka. 35. See AK in Navamsa and guide what path the person should take to get internal comfort a. If Mo is AK, the person is too compassionate, kind b. If Su is AK, the person is egoist c. If Ma is AK, the person is don't care
36. 37. 38.
d. If Ju is AK, the person is stress too much on purity, teaching e. If Me is AK, the person is too wavery. f. If Sa is AK, the person is too cold g. If Ra is AK, two extremes. Can be spiritual or cruel h. If Ve is AK, the person has too much Passion Sa in Pi shows discipline, satwik, tapasya. In Navamsa, 12th from AK shows moksha and deities who take you to moksha. If planet is in 12th house take that planet. If more than one, take stronger one, if no planets then take lord of the house. Take deity of the planet. If Ke is there with different planets then exclude it and consider stronger one among others Deities should worship for moksha: a. Ve: Lakshmi b. Su: Shiva, Rama c. Mo: Parvathi, Lalitha, Gouri, Matangi d. Ma: Subramanya, Hanuman, Narasihma, Bhagala Mukhi e. Me: Vishnu, Raja Rajeshwari f. Ju: Parameshwara, Sada shiva, Vamana, Tara g. Sa: Brahma, Kurma Avatara, Panduranga, kali h. Ra: Durga i. Ke: Ganesha If Ke in 12th house, no malefic planets aspect, the person could get moksha.
Lesson #16 Compiled by Vijay K. Chitra Topics Covered: 1. Karakas: Naisargika Karakas, Chara karakas, Sthira karakas 2. Illustrated Chara Karaka concepts using some example charts 3. Concept of Birth Time correction and Job loss analysis using Vimsottari Dasa. 4. Example Chart 1: US President (2000-200_) George W. Bush. Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”) 5. Example Chart 2: Birth Data - Male, August 31, 1953, 4:05 AM, 83E18, 17N42. Birth chart rectification and D-10 analysis. Key Notes: There are 3 kinds of karakas: 1. Naisargika karakas (natural significators, 9 in number). 2. Chara karakas (variable significators, 8 in number), and, 3. Sthira karakas (fixed significators, 7 in number), One should not use the three types of karakas in a mixed-up way. Karakas of each type have a specific purpose. One should understand the distinction between chara, sthira and naisargika karakas clearly and use them accordingly. Naisargika karakas shows everything that exists in the creation. They include Rahu, Ke and the seven planets. They are presided by Brahma. Naisargika karakas are very useful in phalita Jyotish, i.e. analysis of general results. Chara karakas include Ra and the seven planets. They do not include Ketu, as Ke stands for moksha (emancipation) and does not stand for any person who affects one’s sustenance. Chara karakas are presided by Vishnu. Chara karakas show people who play an important role in one’s sustenance and achievements. Examples are – mother, father, wife, advisors etc. Sthira karakas include only 7 planets because only they have physical bodies. They are presided by Shiva. As Shiva presides over death, they show the destruction of body. Sthira karakas are useful in timing the death of various near relatives. Charakarakas:
The planet with the highest advancement is Atma Karaka (significator of Self) and denoted by AK. Other charakarakas are given below: Order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Karaka Atma Karaka Amatya Karaka Bhratri Karaka Matri Karaka Pitri Karaka Putra Jnaati Karaka Dara Karaka
Symbol AK AmK BK MK PiK PK GK (JK) DK
Persons shown Self Ministers Siblings Mother Father Children Rivals Spouse
Example Chart 1: Example chart’s Chara karakas and the meaning of each one have been discussed. 1. Look for various karakas placed from corresponding houses in Rasi chart. a. Relative placement of AK and ASC for self. th b. Relative placement of DK and 7 house for spouse. th c. Relative placement of PK and 5 house for children. th d. Relative placement of GK and 6 house for rivals. 2. This will show how the karaka is impacting the house. 3. AK placement in Navamsa is very important. Dharma is guiding Atma. 4. If AK & PK are together in Rasi Chart will give great Raja Yoga. st th If the Raja yoga is in 1 house or 5 house, it is very powerful and they rise very high. It is like blind following (Swami Vivekananda great follower of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa). 5. If AK & PiK are together in Rasi Chart will also give great Raja st th Yoga. Also if it is in 1 house or 5 house, again very powerful, but the difference is someone like fatherly figure will guide you. In Navamsa, it will be dharmic rise and in Rasi physical rise. 6. Take AK as ASC and analyze all other karakas in Rasi chart: th th th 7. If any karakas are placed in 6 house, 8 house, and 12 house, soul gives-up that karaka. Take AK as ASC and analyze all other karakas in Navamsa chart: th th th 8. If any other karakas are placed in 6 H, 8 H, and 12 H, dharma will suffer related to that karaka. th 9. In Navamsa (D-9), the 10 H shows Karma related to one’s dharma and how it is promoted
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
10. In Dasamsa (D-10), the 9 doing karma.
H shows sense of dharma while
Example Chart 2: Birth Time rectification using known events. 11. First check in Rasi chart, see when ASC will change the sign. 12. Also check Navamsa LA. In the current example chart, the ASC will change the sign, if the time is 2 min 56 sec earlier. 13. Take marriage event and using Tithi Pravesa chart for that year, the Navamsa ASC accuracy is established. Birth time is correct for D-9. Key points of career analysis using Dasamsa (D-10): 14. Check for any links between the 3 houses of Artha trikonas from nd th th ASC (2 , 6 , and 10 houses). nd 15. The 2 house is strong; the resources are very strong in the native’s career. th th 16. If the 10 house strong, it will show achievements and if the 6 house strong, it will show over coming obstacles. th th th 17. Even though 7 house is stronger than 6 house, (Mo in 7 house) but based on the nature of the work of the native, and the th link between the artha trikonas, the 6 house of service is strong (listen to the audio for in-depth explanation. 18. Ju occupies 10th house, this will show some kind of achievement and also respect in the society, th th 19. The 7 house is house of desire, if any planet in 7 , will show th kind of desire. The Mo is in 7 house will show Godliness and spreading of religiousness in the society. Mo and Ju are in th th Kendras (7 & 10 houses), will form Gaja Kesari Yoga and will achieve native’s desire. 20. Native lost the job in Oct 2002. According to VD, in Ju MD and Ma AD, lost the job. Because, JU is Badhakesh for Vi LA, and rd capable of giving some trouble. Ma is 3 H lord and can give th short breaks in career. Also it is aspecting 8 H by rasi drishti and this will give long break in career.
72 Lesson #17 Compiled by Vijay K. Chitra Topics Covered: 1. Example chart 1: Individual: Male; May 21, 1974; 3:58 PM (IST); Bangalore, INDIA – 77 E 35’, 12 N 59’ - Brief discussion on Chara karaka (AK & AmK) replacement 2. Example chart 2: Individual: Male; September 16, 1961; ORIGINAL TIME -> 2:34:00 PM (Uncertainty is 20 minutes); Secundrabad, INDIA – 78 E 30’, 17 N 27’ - Time rectification (later fixed to 2:22 pm) and Career analysis using D-10 Chart Key Points: 1. When 2 planets are in same degree, the higher becomes AK and next higher becomes AmK 2. But later in the life, AK will be replaced by AmK and this will become AK. Example Chart 1: 3. Ma is at 25 Ge 11’ 07.51” and Ve is at 25 Pi 10’ 39.39”. So Ma is AK and Ve is AmK. Ma will replace by Ve in the later life. It is difficult to predict when this will happen. AmK slot will be empty. When chara karaka changes in life, all dynamics of soul will th change. When Ma was AK, it was in 9 H of dharma and the soul focused on dharma. But Ve is not well placed in D-9, it is in th 6 H of over coming obstacles. It is some kind of spiritual transformation taking place; one has to struggle a lot in life. At the transformation, lot of confusion will generate. Lot of sadhana is required. Ve is a planet of passion/love and it is a karaka for marriage. It is also aid in getting married. 4. Also check with other influences on Ve, such as Argala. Ve is with Su, like Ve is access to life (Su is natural giver of life). Sa & Ra has argala on Ve and it is very good, because Sa & Ra are lords of the house Ve occupied. This also confirms that, one will have to work hard. Ve is Aq sign; it is a sign of Philosophy. The soul becomes philosopher and it will stay throughout the life. Su will decide the direction, because it is with Ve. Individual soul (Ve) will get light/direction from universal soul (Su). 5. To look Ista-Devata, always take Ma has AK. Example Chart 2: 6. Check for Birth Time accuracy by looking facile features. 7. ASC can be either Sg or Cp, but according to appearance it is Sg.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
8. Native married, on December 8, 1986 and check this event in D9 to verify the birth time. 9. According to Vimsottari Dasa (VD), Ke MD and Ve AD is th th th running, is marriage possible? Ve owns 6 and 11 house. 6 H is not conducive to marriage even though Ve is karaka for marriage. This ASC may be not correct. 10. Using Annual TP chart, (data: December 8, 1986), let’s verify the th marriage event in TP D-9. The Hora lord is Ma, and owns 4 and th 11 H, also in UL and with LL Sa. This does not make sense to give marriage. 11. Change time by 12 min backwards and the ASC changes to Sg th in TP D-9. This is better possibility for marriage, because 7 lord th th is in ASC and Parivartana between 6 and LL s (Ju & Ve). 7 and LL are conjoined; there is very good chance that, the native will get married this year. 12. UL should have some strength to get married. UL is along with nd Ke, it is 2 karaka for the marriage. It represents traditional marriage. Ke is also signifies, “Vamsa Vridhi” (family lineage). 13. In TP Tithi Ashtottari, Ma MD and Ve AD the actual marriage th occurred. Ma being ruler of the year, this is possible. Actually 7 lord coming to ASC gave the marriage. TOB: 2:22:00 PM RECTIFIED Time 14. Now check in D-9 (after rectifying), ASC is moved from Sg to Sc. According to Vimsottari dasa, native got married in Ke MD and Ve AD. th 15. Now, AK, here it is Su. Ista devata is lord of 12 from AK in D-9. th If the 12 H being Lagna, it shows this person will be highly spiritual and follows dharma. th th 16. Lord of the 12 is Ma and it is 9 from AK. Lord Narasimha Deva is more suitable auspicious deity for worshiping and this will take the native close to moksha. One can also worship other deities nothing will go bad. Worship shall be satwik. D-10 Analysis: 17. D-10 ASC will change when the time 1m 30 later, but based on events, this seems to be correct for now. Let’s check with actual job responsibilities. 18. Me, MD and Ra, AD the native got the first job. th 19. Ve & Me are 2 artha trikonas and joined together in 5 house and it is possible to give the job. Ra is in ASC along with A5. nd nd The 2 house is resource; Sa is in 2 and shows native will work hard. nd nd 20. There is correlation between 2 from ASC and 2 from AL. Both show strong resources, worldly as well as karma (work) prospective.
21. Nature of native Karma: Look for amsa. ASC being in “Brahma” amsa, shows keep digging as well as figuring it out on his own. Also Ra in ASC will show research. th th th 22. Is 10 house or 10 lord is stronger? Su is in 10 house and th nd nd 10 lord Ve is with 2 lord Me. Both are aspecting 2 house th and 6 lord. All 3 artha trikona lord will play crucial role in career. th 23. Su is LL and it is going into 10 house; the focus of entire existence is on Karma. Su is in Anantha amsa, which is spiritual enlistment and management. th 24. Actual career is given by stronger of 10 lord. Here Ve & Me nd together. Ve is in enemy sign and Me is associated the 2 and th th 6 houses and joining 10 house. Me will dominate and its direction is Yama (amsa). Yama will show unemotional duty of work. Good for lot of testing and verifying strategies. The native will be sincere in analytical work and their abilities. Annual TP Chart Analysis (1980): th 25. Sa is Yogakaraka and placed in 9 house of dharma. It is in AL and good year for career. 26. Look for year 2003, Ve Hora lord and check events in D-10 to rd th verify the LA. In D-10, 3 house shows short break and 6 H is long break in career. 27. Look current year Annual TP (2004). Ma is Hora lord and it is Yogakaraka. Ma is placed in Rasi chart very well. 28. Raja Yoga given by Ma and Ju will take long time to fructify. nd 29. Check Ma in D-10; Ma is LL and it is placed in 2 H. There is Parivartana between Ve & Ju. If the LL is ruler of the year it will be a new beginning. 30. Being the ruler the year Ma should give something auspicious in the current year. Annual TP D-7 Analysis: To confirm native’s children’s activity in the current year. st 31. Native’s 1 child: D-7 ASC is even sign, so count 5 signs st backwards for the 1 child. It is Pi and the lord Ju is in Aq. So take Aq as the ASC and analyze the chart in normal way. 32. Ju in ASC will show spiritual activity and interest in learning Jupitarien subjects. Sa is LL and is with Ke. This will also detachment and discipline in pursuit of spiritual activities. Already spiritual person will have strong desire in achieving those in this year. th th 33. 6 lord in 12 house will give Vipareeta Raja Yoga. th th 34. 5 lord and 9 lord conjunction is Maha Raja Yoga and it is th happing in 9 house of dharma. This year is very important for following Dharma.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
35. During this period, native’s son left USA and went to India, to learn Vedic knowledge. This can be seen in the native chart (Native will miss his son). th 36. According to D-7 LA, Ju is in 8 , it is “Dusthana” and native (father) will miss his son or will have arguments with son. Lot of anxiety to father. st
Natal D-7 Analysis: To check, over all activity in the 1 child life using VD 37. Let’s explain what Su dasa gives for this child: ASC is Cn and th Su is in 8 H; this will show occult knowledge, spiritual pursuit etc., between 2012 – 2018 years. 38. ASC has 4 planets, Ve and Mo are strong, so this person is very sensitive. 39. There is “Tapasvi” Yoga in this chart, because Ve and Sa are together and Ke has rasi drishti. 40. Mo & Ve show lot of creativity, artistic abilities etc. 41. 4 or more planets are in Kendra will give strong sanyasa Yoga. This may give worry to the native (here father) Annual TP Chart for 2004: Native wants to know when he will get a new job. 42. As per Vimsottari dasa, Ma dasa (2004-11-07 – 2004-12-05) is good one to find the job 43. Will this job increase the status or Native has to settle for less: th Check AL, which is in Cp. Ma is in 12 from AL, there will be lowering the image. th th th 44. 9 lord Mo and 4 lord Sa is conjoining in 5 house of recognition. So Mo dasa is very good candidate for over all prospects in career. 45. Ma & Ju (through Ve Parivartana with Ju) conjoining gives raja Yoga in D-10 as well as D-1. th 46. 7 lord Ve is in “Kubera” amsa. Kubera associated with money. Ve is bringing some money mindedness in this year. Ma, Ve & Ju dasas are very auspicious for any kind business. 47. Ju and Ve both are big role in this year, because Ju is in Ananta Amsa and Ve is Kubera Amsa. Some internal clash will be there, because, one will be spiritual (Ju) and other one Money (Ve). Check for Palana Devata: 48. Palana Devata will give lively hood/enough to live. th 49. In D-1, check for Amk. In example chart Ve is Amk. 6 from Amk in D-9 shows the Palana Devata. In this chart, Ma & Me show th Palana Devata. Also Ma & Me are linked with Ista-devata (12 th from karakamsa (AK in D-9)) and Dharma Devata (9 from karakamsa). Pray to Lord Narasimha for over all success in life.
75 Lesson #18
Check for activation of curses from the past life: 50. In general look for curses in the chart, when the person get laidoff or job loss for long time. 51. Dasa should be used for curses is Moola Dasa. th th 52. Ve, 7 house and 7 Lord are afflicted by Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke occupancy or Graha Drishti – Curse of Wife form past life th th 53. Mo, 4 house and 4 Lord are afflicted by Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke occupancy or Graha Drishti – Curse of Mother th th 54. Su, 9 house and 9 Lord are afflicted by Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke occupancy or Graha Drishti – Curse of Father th th 55. Me, 6 house and 6 Lord are afflicted by Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke occupancy or Graha Drishti – Curse of Maternal Uncle 56. Ju is afflicted by 2 Malefics by occupancy or Graha Drishti – Curse from Brahmana - Curse of past life 57. If Moola dasa is running with corresponding planet, then the curse is sitting on your head. Check for above curses in the example chart: th 58. Curse of wife: There is no curse, because Ve and 7 house and th 7 Lord are not afflicted 59. Curse of Mother: Ma afflicts 4th house and Sa afflicts 4th Lord th and 4 house karaka is not afflicted, so there is no Mother’s curse. 60. Curse of Father: Ra afflicts Su 9th lord and 9th house. Its not very strong, because it has not afflict by 2 malefics. So there is a weak curse of father from past life. Father felt that, he was cheated because of Ra. This might have fructified when the native was young. Current dasa is Sa, and it is not involved in any curse. 61. When you see a curse, check how the curse has given: a. Ma will give angry curse, b. Sa will give sad/sorrow curse c. Ra & Ke will give shock curse 62. What kind of karma is Sa carrying from past life? Look for amsa of Sa in D-6, which is Chandra-Rekha, it is not bad at all, with out any obstacles.
Compiled by: Vijay K. Chitra Topics Covered: 1. Continuation of Birth Time rectification using Vimsottari and Narayana Dasa 2. Change of ASC in D-9, D-3, D-10 3. Looking Siblings & their events in D-3 and Children & Grand Children in D-7 4. Example Chart 1: Individual, Male, DOB: Feb 25, 1963, 8:45 PM (IST) – Corrected Birth time 8:45:28 PM (IST), POB: Nellore, INDIA – 79 E 58’, 14 N 26’ Key Points: 1. ASC changes in D-9 every 3 degree 20” 2. ASC changes in D-3 every 10 degree 3. Check the time in Jhora, when ASC changes the sign, if the time is close, consider both houses as LA, check with known past events for rectifying birth time. 4. Vimsottari dasa is based on Mo and it shows mental outlook. How the mind takes them, interpret events mind point of view and may not give perfect results all the time. 5. Narayana Dasa is most perfect dasa and it will give reality 6. Always use multiple dasas to analyze and see they all convergent with that event. D-3 Chart analysis: D-3 is to see siblings and their events st
7. To see 1 younger Siblings (immediate), 3 house, 2 younger rd rd th sibling (next to immediate) 3 from 3 , which is 5 house and so on… st th nd 8. To see 1 older sibling (Immediate older), 11 house, 2 older th th th sibling (next to immediate), 11 from 11 , which is 9 H 9. If ASC is EVEN, count backwards and ODD, count forward 10. For immediate younger sibling, if the ASC is EVEN, count 3 houses backwards and look for the lord of that house, where it is placed. This house will become ASC and give reading/predictions to that younger sibling. th 11. Su in 9 house (Dharma Sthana) shows the individual will be: idealistic, force their ideas on others th 12. Planets in 6 house show service-based career. th 13. Ra in 10 house will not ensure a strong career, lot of changes in career.
Lesson #18 th
14. Me in 8 house is good placement. The person will be widely read and known lot of things. Will ensure knowledge in lot of things. nd 15. Ma in 2 house shows very aggressive in speech, but if the ASC is Li, then will be diplomatic. th 16. To see younger sibling’s spouse, do not look for 7 from LA, look for UL. a. In the example chart: Sibling ASC is Li and UL for this is “Cp” and Ke is placed in it. This will become ASC for the spouse. b. Ke in ASC gives spiritual or very stubborn person. Tough to understand the person. th 17. If the LL is in 9 house, those people will be their own bosses. Individuality will dominate. th 18. Sa in 9 house will show not very religious person, will not believe in GOD. th th 19. Badhakasthana: Movable sign – 11 house, Fixed sign - 9 th house, dual sign – 7 house. 20. Badhaka will give in-explicable troubles without any reason. th 21. To check sibling’s children in D-3, take 9 from UL will show all th children. In the example, UL is Cp and 9 from UL is Vi and Sa st is placed in it. 1 child will have strong Sa influence. Being in female sign, this will give female child. Second child will be lord nd of the house, that is “Me” and 2 child will have strong influence of “Me”. 22. The order to judge children: Planet in the sign, lord of the house and its aspects. 23. In the example chart, Vi as ASC for the children, what will be the nd th effect of Ve dasa? “Ve” owns 2 and 9 house and it is placed in th 12 H. That means children will go away from home to foreign land during “Ve” dasa and it will be protecting children in that dasa. 24. To check, older sibling, count 11 houses backward, when the ASC is EVEN. In the example this will be Cancer and Ra is placed in it. One should always check, if there is any misscarriage. He Ra indicates there was miss-carriage. 25. To check, next older sibling, count 11 houses from Cancer, which is Vi. 26. The ASC for this older sibling will be “Ta”, because, lord of “Me” is in “Ta”. 27. Me in ASC shows, smart person, very adaptive, good learner. Flexible. rd 28. Ra is in 3 house shows, very stubborn, unwise and argumentative. th 29. Ma is in 7 house and it shows, bold and leader of the team, forcing people, dictating to others.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology nd
30. Su is in 2 house means, speaks out of his mind. 31. Look for UL to analyze, this being sibling’s spouse. It is “Ge”. Take “Ge” as LA. 32. Su in UL should give dominating personality, but Sa is aspecting th and it is in 4 house. This will show trouble in family life, such has happiness etc. th 33. Ke is in 8 house shows, some constant unknown health related problems, but they not very serious. 34. Always consider for miss-carriages when analyzing D-3 and D-7 for siblings and children. th 35. 9 house from UL show the children for this sibling, which is “Aq” and no planets in it. So take lord of the house. Here, there are 2 lords, Sa & Ra. Need to find the stronger of the two. 36. Rule1: more planets in the sign will win. But there are no planets. Same number of planets, then the rule2. 37. Rule2: Look for 3 planets, Ju, Me rasi dristhti on the planet and depositor of Ra or Sa. 38. In the example, there are no rasi dristhti on Sa by Ju, Me or the depositor. 39. Now for Ra, Me as rasi drishti, so Ra will win. 40. Ra will give Male child. This child will have strong influence of Ra or Cancer. 41. Looks like D-3 ASC is correct based on above analysis, siblings and their children. Now Analyze D-7 42. Example chart: This individual has 2 children, male. Lets confirm these children in D-7 st 43. 1 child always from 5th house, because ASC is EVEN, count backwards. Here it is “Pi” and its lord Ju is in “Le” with Ke. Ju will give male child, even though Ke is in it, but Le shows also will give male child. 44. This child will be spiritually inclined. Ke is with Ju, will show very wise child and mature for his age. When Ke is alone, it headless, but it is with rd 45. Mo is in 3 H show, very cheerful and happy child. th 46. Sa in 5 house will show, slow learner, but very intelligent person. th 47. Ma is in 9 house will show disciplined and will live in abroad. rd 48. To look for child, take 3 from “Pi”, which is “Cp” and the lord is in “Sg”. 49. Whenever you encounter Ra, there are no more children. But if nd there is a Ju aspect or associated with Ju, then there will be 2 child and that will be the end of children. Here lord of “Cp” Sa is in “Sg” connected with Ju and it has rasi dristhti. Also Ju should be in friendly sign.
79 Lesson #19
Now Analyze D-10 for Career – Computer systems administrator th 50. 6 house has is strong and Ra & Sa will show routine work. 51. Ra in Ar can show electronics and it is plant of research/digging into deep level. 52. Ra is in Brahma amsa in D-10, will also confirm deep research and digging into deeper levels. 53. Sa is in Yama amsa, this will show unattached/unemotional to work, discipline in execution of tasks, follow the rules, well organized because of Ra. nd 54. Ju is 2 lord in LA. This will show that, the person will use all his resources very intelligently. 55. There are 4 planets in debilitation. This will show very hardworking person. 56. AL is in Pisces, Ju sign, people will very good impression/image about his work and ability to find a solution. 57. Sa & Ra are primary planets, which are controlling career. Another planet is Ma, with natural significance for engineering. th 6 lord is Ma and it is in Vayu amsa (D-10). Planet in Vayu amsa, will create strength for other people. Also signifies, as a training person to others. Checking whether this individual will change the job soon: th th 58. Current dasa is Ve (Vimsottari). Ve is 7 lord in 11 house and will have some gains. Ve dasa strongly indicates of becoming th independent and exploring business opportunities. But his 6 th house is stronger than 7 house. So he should stay with service. D-10 analyzing with TP of 2004 th th 59. Hora lord is Su and 11 lord in 7 house. This will show strong desire of doing something independent th 60. If the Natal chart is strong in service (6 H) and even though TP D-10 shows business, advise him to stick to the service. th 61. LL in 9 house will give independence or being his own boss. Here in Ve dasa, there will be change in the job. Last 2 months of the year possibility of change. 62. During Su dasa it good to pursue independent opportunities or change of job, which Jan 2005.
Compiled by Sasanka Sekhar Griddalur Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart1: Male, 02/25/1963; 8:45:29 PM; Long 79E58' Lat 14N26. Siblings and in-laws discussed. 2. Example Chart2: Male, 12/11/1943; 8:08 Am; Aurora, CO; 104W 59' 3" and 39N44. 3. Example Chart3: Male; 07/06/1946; 7:30 AM 4 hrs west of GMT; New Haven, CT. Key Points: Example Chart1: 1. In D-3 (Drekkana) house in which LL of Natal chart is positioned is taken as starting point for counting the houses for analyzing children or siblings. If LL of rasi chart is in Odd house Count forward and if in Even house count in reverse direction. 2. For children count houses in the progression 7th, 9th, 11th and so on. 3. For younger siblings count 3rd, 5th, 7th so on and for elder siblings count 11, 9, 7. 4. Grahamalika yoga seen in the first chart discussed. -- Ve in Sg to Mo in Pi. 5. Ve is AK & 9th lord (dharma) seed of grahamalika yoga. 6. Dasa of Atma Karaka is said to be bad from materialistic point of view. Atma - Spiritual salvation. Insight of himself. Example Chart 2: 7. Definitions of some dasas. Shashti-hayani Dasa is considered if Su is in LA. Dwi-saptaati sama dasa (Nakshatra) should be used if LL is in 7th or 7th Lord is in LA. The dasa is strongly applicable if it applies to other divisional charts like Navamsa chart. Take longer duration Dasa if one or more conditional dasas are applicable. Shat-trimsa sama dasa is applicable for day time births in Sun's hora and night time births in Mo hora. Even sign is female nature so first half is allotted for moon and second half is for Su. 8. 9th house in D12 is to be taken as Father's ASC and to judge his career take 10th house from that. 9. Su in 6th house shows government. Ra who indicates diplomacy occupies 10th house. Ra is in friend Saturn's house. 10. Su indicate birds, Mo indicate human beings, Ke indicates fish, Ve indicate horses and Ra indicates Pigs if associated with Pranapada Lagna.
11. In D10 -Chart of career, during Ra Dasa -- 5th house of service is influenced by Ra and Ma on Sagittarius making the person work in war. 12. During Su Dasa -5th house Lord, Su being in trine from ASC will make him idealistic. Watery sign (Pisces) will make peace idealistic. 13. For Political success 10th house of career and 5th house of mass following are to be judged. 14. As per Parasara, LL and 5th Lord together is known Maharaja yoga. 15. Mo conjoined with Ju gives Gajakesari Yoga (lasting fame). 16. Mo in 7th indicates Business. Law firm indicated by Mo with Ju. Nursing, Daycare, Restaurant ownership is indicated by Mo for business. 17. 3rd house indicates short break and 8th house change in career. 18. ATP chart for year 2003 discussed Hora Lord is Ma. In D-10 Ma is in 7th house with Sa (9th & 10th Lord) 19. ATP of 2004 - Sat is Hora Lord. Dasa to run at the time of inauguration is Ju dasa. Ju is marana karaka sthana. Hence no chance of win for the person in second chart. 20. In D-24 (chart of Education), 4th house shows basic education, 9th house shows special education like Bachelors and 2nd house indicates post-graduate study. 3rd, 4th, 6th and 11th houses are known as upachayas. 21. Sa in skandaamsa indicates Study of empowering masses. Example Chart 3: 22. ASC in D10 - Badhaka lord in 12th house show removal of badha. 23. 8th lord in 10th can show fall in career or surprise in career. 24. Planet associate with Lagna and HL is Yogada. 25. Benefic in 3rd and 6th house from AL shows loss. Malefic will show gains.
Lesson #20 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart 1: Male; 13 June 1949, 10:55 am, Palayamkottai, India. a. Dasamsa Chart Rectification b. Coming to USA – Foreign opportunities – D-4 and Tithi Ashtottari Analysis. c. Dasamsa Analysis. 2. Nakshatra dasas talked in detail. Key Points: Nakshatra dasas: 1. These are special dasas applicable only if some conditions are met. 2. There are some dasas which are applicable to ½ the humanity. If several dasas are applicable, then the one that is applicable to less percentage of people should be used. This should be given priority in such cases. th th 3. Dwi Saptati Sama dasa – 7 lord in ASC or LL in 7 . This should be seen only in Rasi chart. The probability is 1/12 + 1/12 – 1/144 = 1/6 – 1/144 is approximately 1/6. 4. Shasti Hayani Dasa (or Shasti Sama Dasa) – If Su is in LA. 5. Satabdika Dasa – If Lagna is in Vargottama. Vargottama means a given planet is in the same Rasi in both Rasi and Navamsa charts. 6. Shat-trimsa sama dasa: This is applicable for day time births in Su’s hora and night time births in Moon’s hora. Here we are talking about the D-2 hora chart. For daytime birth – check birth time w.r.t. sunrise and sunset and decide. It would vary depending upon the place. Even signs half affinity to Mo and odd signs to Su. Divide the sign into 2 parts. In case of even sign, the st nd 1 half goes to Mo and 2 half goes to Su. In case of Odd sign, st nd 1 half goes to Su and 2 half goes to Mo. In this chart, ASC is o in Le at 6 in Le hence it is daytime birth in Sun’s hora. Applicable in this chart. 7. Ashtottari dasa: Applicable for day-time birth’s in Krishna Paksha and night time births in Sukla Paksha. Additional condition is Ra should be in trine or quadrant from ASC. 8. Kalachakra and Yogini dasas have specific purposes not discussed right now. 9. Dwadashottari Dasa: Applicable if ASC in is in Navamsa of Ve. Not Applicable in this chart.
Lesson #20 th
10. Chaturaseeti Sama Dasa: 10 lord is in 10 . In common dasa. Probability is 1/12. 11. Shodasottari Dasa : Lagna is in Moon’s hora in Krishna Paksha and Sun’s hora in Sukla Paksha. 12. Panchottari dasa: Applicable if Lagna is in Cancer in Rasi and Dwadasamsa. This is a rare Dasa. It applies to some people who begin a big venture, like someone starting a jyotish parampara or starting a dancing school etc… which would last a long time. Cn is associated with Brahma, Li with Shiva and Pi with Vishnu. Cn is the sign of creation and Dwadasamsa lineage. 13. Parasara talks about chart even for Brahma, Manu and Prajapati etc... Mo was born on Kartika Purnima. This is to say that the meanings of Su and Mo to these charts have different definition applicable to paramapurusha from those of human beings. 14. Dwi-Saptati sama dasa is 72 years, sama is equal – all planets get equal period as against in Vimsottari planets get different periods. In this chart, applicable dasas are Dwi-saptati sama th dasa (7 lord Sa is in LA) and Shat-trimsa sama dasa. In this case, Dwi-saptati sama is more rare than other, so use this. In case, if multiple dasas are applicable, give priority to whichever dasa has higher number of years. Ashtottari is 108 years, Dwadashottari is 116 years, Chaturaseeti is 84 years and Dwisaptati is 72 years. 15. Vimsottari dasa tracks the state of mind. But the conditional dasas have specific indications. Dwi-saptati sama dasa shows th th th 7 in ASC or LL in 7 . 7 lord is the consciousness of the desire (moving force behind the desire). That means, the native has strong desire and this dasa focuses on how those desires are fulfilled. For pursuit of desires use this dasa. This dasa may not accurately indicate marriage and so on… for that use Vimsottari. Example Chart 1: Chart Rectification: 16. Career Input for chart rectification. a. Worked at a cement company in India for 15 years from Nov 1971 to 1985 in planning and material procurement. b. Came to USA in 1985 c. Did some odd jobs for a few months. d. Had few layoffs in 1992 and 2002. 17. When someone has worked for a few months, it may not show up in a chart analysis of a larger period. It might be significant in the annual charts. This is a point to remember when you are rectifying charts and you have incidents lasting a few months. The lifetime chart usually shows significant achievements (in
Lessons on Vedic Astrology fame, money etc…) or some activity that is lasted for a long time. A planet in Indra-amsa would give authority. It’s ability to give full authority depends upon the house it is in. Career started in Ju-Su dasa and is run entire 9 years of Ve dasa. Ve is in Varuna amsa. Varuna is the ruler of the western direction and shows having lot of patience, dealing with people, being in business etc… In Dasamsa, Ve in ASC in Li, in own house (very strong) with Su and Sa. In Sa dasa, native came to USA. Sa here would indicate th some odd jobs. Li natural 7 sign shows diplomacy; Su shows bosses (Su debilitated, so bosses unhappy, moving etc…); Sa shows hard work; and Ve has to deal with all these people. For a stable career, the Ve must have had strong influence on 2,6,10 houses being the artha trikona. In this case, Ve has an th nd th Argala on 10 house Cn, but nothing with 2 or 6 houses. Hence, ASC in Vi (2m 55s earlier) makes more sense. In that nd th case, strong Ve is in 2 house with 6 lord Sa and would have th Rasi Drishti on 10 house Me. Any planet with Su is combust. The combustion is not as bad when Su is debilitated in Li. Ju and Ma are friends of Su. So, it is not a big deal for them as Army commander (Ma) and Priest (Ju) are good with King (Su). But, for Ve it is very bad. Ve is Watery sign, which evaporates with Su - Agni sign, where as Ju and Ma are Agni signs. In case of Sa with Su or Sa transit on Su, Su is troubled. If Ra, Ke are close to Su it is terrible. In case of politicians if Su is eclipsed with Ra, Ke they could loose power. Su is the planet to give power. Ve also gives a management. It shows micro management where as Su shows Macro management.
D-4 Analysis: Coming to USA. 25. D-4 ASC is Le. In 1985, native was running Sa-Sa dasa/antardasa. th th th 26. Houses for foreign journey and 9 , 12 and 7 . Signs favorable are watery signs. Primary karaka is Ra and secondary Karakas Sa and Ke. th th th 27. In this case, Sa is 7 lord in 4 house. Malefic in 4 house will th make one move (leave the place). If 4 house has a benefic, he will be stable. This can give a foreign travel. 28. We can use Vimsottari as well for this. Native is running Ra-Ve th period in 1985. Ra is in Sg, is 7 lord and karaka and has graha th drishti on 9 house Ar. Hence it is very likely that the native could have come abroad. Ve antardasa because Ve in Vi is with th 12 lord Mo. Hence Ve dasa gives Mo results. Pratyantardasa
lord has to show a particular event. Of the houses for foreign th th travel 9 house is most important. The 9 lord or the occupants th of the 9 house becomes the main planet to give that result. th th th 29. Badhakasthana – movable – 11 , fixed – 9 and dual – 7 house. Ar with Ju is also the Badhakasthana. Hence, he moved th in Ju pratyantardasa. Ju is also the 8 lord – instability, anxiety th th etc… So, 8 lord in 9 has given the instability relating to travel. TP Analysis: Coming to USA. th th th 30. See for 1985. Hora lord is Me. Me is 9 and 12 lord in 7 . All three houses are connected. So, irrespective of all the dasa, this year there is foreign travel. 31. See Sahamas. Sahamam means an important matter. See paradesa sahamam or Jalapatana sahamam for going abroad. For marriage, see vivaha sahamam. See the houses that these sahamas indicate. If the lords of these houses have a link with Ra or with hora lord in this case Me, then, there will be good chance this year. The Sahamams are defined for every chart. These are reference points indicating that matter. See the sahamams relating to the chart in display and not native sahamams. 32. In this chart (in Rasi TP), a. ASC is in Li. Jalapatana sahamam is in Le and th Paradesa sahamam is in Cp. Le is Badhakasthana (11 th for movable signs) and its lord Su is with Ra in 8 house, so there is a link between Jalapatana sahamam, badhaka (Su) and karaka (Ra). b. Paradesa Sahamam in Cp, lord Sa is in Li with ASC and th th th with 7 lord Ma and with 9 and 12 lord Me. So, there is a great chance that the person will move, may not always be abroad. If Jalapatana sahamam is indicated, it could be abroad, crossing oceans. 33. It is in Me dasa that this person has abroad. 34. Tithi Pravesh and Tithi Ashtottari dasa are very accurate than other dasas. 35. Going back to the native country again – if there is influence of st th th th th lords of 1 , 4 and 5 and the influence of 7 , 9th or 12 is over – the native may go back. See this in seen in Rasi and D-4, th importantly D-4. 5 is house of emotions, 1st is birth place and th 4 is motherland. Dasamsa Analysis: 36. As discussed in chart rectification above, Adjust the ASC to Vi. 37. In Dasamsa, Sa dasa is from 1984 to 1993. 38. Ra and Ke are indicators of high tech and computers. End of 1993, Native went into computer networking.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
39. 8 house indicates layoff, 3 house is a short break. Ma in 8 house will have changes in career with sudden developments. 40. Native was unemployed from Sept 1992- Oct 1993 – unemployed. Oct 1993 – Ra-Ra-Mo dasas got him a job. th th 41. 6 lord in 12 gives Vipareeta Raja Yoga. Pratyantardasa has to be a perfect indicator of any event. 42. Mo in ASC gave a new beginning. And he moved into technology due to Ra. Ra in Indraamsa should have given him some stability and some influence. With the adjusted ASC to Vi, th Ra in Indraamsa will not give full authority due to being in 12 house 43. Sa is in Yama amsa means it would be routine work, no passion at work etc.., Ra in Indramsa gave high tech work and Ve in varuna amsa gave interaction with people etc... These would not line up perfectly line up like this if we used Vimsottari. Lay off in Ra dasa: 44. Consider Ra in Le as the La and analyze. th 45. Ma is in 8 house could give break, but during Ra Maha dasa, th taking Ma is in trine – 9 house from Ra so Ma in fact gives him fortune. rd 46. 3 planets (Ve, Su, Sa) are in 3 house. Each planet gives the results of the other. To check which planet gives whose result, arrange the planets in the order of most benefic to most malefic. Then most benefic exchanges with most malefic and in that order. Ex: Ve, Sa, Ju, Su together – arrange them in the order of benefics – Ju, Ve, Su and Sa. Ju-Sa will exchange and Su-Sa will exchange the result. This is a rule. 47. In this chart, Sa will give Ve result and Ve will give Sa result and Su will give his own result. th nd th th th 48. 7 is 2 from 6 and is maraka for 6 . Hence, 7 also will show th break in service as 6 is connected to service in the 2-6-10 artha th rd th trikona. If 7 lord is connected to 3 or 8 house, there can be a small or long break. th 49. In this chart, Sa is 6 lord from original ASC in Vi and Sa is also th th rd 6 and 7 lord from Ra and is in 3 from Ra in Le. Hence Ve giving Sa result will give the break in Ra-Ve period – which seem to have happened in 2001. th
50. Currently Su dasa – Su in Indramsa. Su is 12 lord and is nd th debilitated in 2 house. 12 house debilitated is good. th th 51. 6 house is karaka for service and 6 lord is shows strong th th rd service. 7 lord Ju is maraka for 6 and is in 3 house to give a rd small break. Also 3 house is marana karaka sthana for Ju. In th rd general 7 lord in 3 is good because they are both of kama
Lesson #20 th
trikona. But, Ju (as 7 lord) in 3 is not good. Hence, business is not advised for him. Marana karaka sthana is a death-causing house. For th It is like placing a king to take up a. Su it is 12 renunciation th b. Mo it is 8 – Mo is the karaka for piece and has no th enemies. 8 house of anxiety etc…, he is unhappy there. th c. Ma it is 7 - This is like asking the army chief to interact with people and develop relationship. Ma is the karaka for celibacy. Ma shows Hanuman. th d. Me it is 4 rd e. Ju it is 3 It is like placing a priest in house of initiative th f. Ve it is 6 Ve is the planet of enjoyment and marriage. th 6 house is for celibacy. st g. Sa it is 1 th h. Ra it is 9 – House of dharma, temple. Ra is misfit there. i. Ke – There is no marana karaka sthana. th th For business, 7 house. 7 lord should be strong. Also some th planets in kubera amsa can give business. 6 house being very strong means he will be in service. But, if he is in business, he th will be working as hard as if he is in business since it is 6 house. th Mo is 11 lord and also A7 and is in ASC with A3. So, the link th with A3, A7 and 11 house can give a business in Mo dasa in 2011. A7 is fructification of desire. A3 is the tangible initiative. Kind of business will be - Mo can give hospitality, restaurants etc… and is in Anantamsa – something related to spirituality. So, it is like spiritual gain helping people in that way. th Next 2002-2011 is Su dasa. Taking Su in Li as LA, Ma is in 7 th house and is 8 from original LA, so there is a potential of anxiety and sudden change in Ma period. Ma dasa will make people argumentative. Ma AD one needs diplomacy. To recommend a mantra, see the Palana devata. th Look at Palana Devata. Go to Navamsa – take 6 house from th Amk – Mo in this case. If there is a planet there in 6 house take th that planet, if it is empty take its lord. In this chart, 6 from Mo in D-9 is Ta with Me. So, the god or goddess to propitiate is Shakti form Vishnu Avatara corresponding to that planet. For Sa, it is Kali; Ve it is Lakshmi; For Mo is Parvati or Lalitha; For Ra it is Durga or Chinna masta; Ke it is dhoomavati; Ju is Tara or Saraswati; Ma it is Chamundi, Bagla Mukhi or Anjana Devi; Su Pingala, Matangi, Raja Rajeshwari etc… For Me it is Tripura Sundari (form holding sugar cane) – This will take care of sustenance in job and gives food. Choose any mantra for Tripura Sundari.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
58. Vishnu – moksha, shiva – success, and Devi gives food. To be recognized at work place and success in career, and pray to th shiva – form of Jyotirlinga, take the 5 house in dasamsa and choose a Jyotirlinga corresponding the its lord. For Su – Rameshwara; Mo – Somanath; Ma – Bhima Sankara; Me – Mallikarjuna (Sri Sailam); Ju – Vishveshwara (Kasi); Ve – Triambaseshwar (Nasik); Sa – Kaleshwara (Ujjain); Ra Nageshwara; Ke – Vaidhyanathaya; 59. The mantra for this native is “Om Nama Sivaya, Namo Kaleshwaraya”. For other forms of Jyotirlingas, just replace the last word in this mantra with the corresponding Shiva’s form. This will help success in work place.
90 Lesson #21 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics Covered: 1. Charts of Election Candidacy and Muhurtha. 2. Example Chart 1: Chart of Vajpayee filing for nomination in 2004 3. Example Chart 2: Chart of John Kerry filing in 2004. Data - Jan 29 2004, 10:21 pm. 5 hrs West of GMT, Boston, MA, USA. 71W3’31”, 42N21’32” 4. Example Chart 3: Chart of George Bush filing nomination in 2004. Data – 2 Sep 2004, 10:10:12 pm, 5 hrs West of GMT, Manhattan, NY. 78W53’, 40N47’. 5. Example Chart 4: George Bush - US President (2000-200X). Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”). 6. Example Chart 5: Algore – 31 Mar 1948 12:53 pm, 5 hrs West of GMT, 77W2’, 38N54’, Washington DC. 7. Example Chart 6: Hillary Clinton – 26 Oct 1947 8:00 pm, 6 hrs West of GMT, 87W39’, 41N52’. Key Points: 1. In case of human beings consider the date, time and place of birth to cast the chart. In case of politicians, it is a very common practice that they carry several charts and hide the natal charts and no one really knows the accurate chart. But, they cannot hide the time of filing for nomination or taking oath etc. So, we use the time of filing nomination as the birth time. The place where he filed the nomination will be the place of birth. The time of filing is the muhurtha time. 2. At this time it is not a person, but a new candidacy is born. These are called “mundane” charts. 3. In mundane charts, all the divisional charts are not applicable; we use 6 or 7 vargas and what they stand for also changes. Any case, RASI chart is the most important. The meanings of the houses are still the same. But, you have to remember them top apply to a chart of a candidacy and not to a chart of a human being. For ex. a. ASC stands for existence. nd b. 2 house stands for resources. rd c. 3 house stands for initiatives th d. 4 house stands for comfort, th e. 5 house shows abilities, popularity and recognition. th f. 6 house stands for obstacles and overcoming them th g. 7 desire and meeting people, th h. 8 house shows tensions, setbacks, sudden changes
Lessons on Vedic Astrology i. j. k. l.
9 dharma and the protection one gets th 10 house is the karma 1th1 house are the gains one makes and th 12 house are the losses that one incurs.
Example Chart 1: 4. At the time when Vajpayee was filing for election in 2004, Cn was raising. SO, ASC is in Cn. th 5. LL Mo is in 8 house Aq. This is not auspicious for material life. th 8 house aspects will be influenced and it is only good if one is th interested in the positive aspects of the 8 house – learning th occult knowledge and so on. Also for Mo, 8 house is the th marana karaka sthana. Weather LL or not, if Mo is ever in the 8 house, it is never a good muhurtha. Example Chart 2: John Kerry filing nomination. We take Boston as the place of birth for this muhurtha chart. th 6. ASC is in Pi. LL Ju is in the 6 house. The political power, th nd th th popularity ... is seen from 5 house. 2 house from 5 , i.e. 6 is th the maraka of the 5 . So, Ju in 6H Le is not auspicious muhurtha for someone running for power. th 7. LL (Ju) is in 8 house from LA. So, it shows a setback in getting power. (GL is talked about in the next example) Example Chart 3: George Bush’s nomination for 2004. th th 8. ASC is in Ar. LL Ma conjoins 5 lord Su in 5 house is maharaja yoga. Conjoining of 1, 5 lords is a Raja yoga. But, if it happens in st th 1 or 5 houses, it is called Maharaja Yoga. 9. Also, see how close they are. In mundane charts, If they are very far they impact is not happen. We usually consider within 6 o o o , the raja yoga to be strong. Up to 10 it is ok. Beyond 10 , it may not be effective. 10. Another point to see is, check if they are going to get closer as the time progresses, the raja yoga may function. If they move apart the raja yoga will not happen. 11. In case of Su, Ma – If Ma is advanced, Su travels faster than Ma and catches up with Ma and hence it will function in the near future. o o o 12. Mo and Ra in La. ASC is at 25 , Ra at 10 and Mo at 7 . In mundane charts Mo shows masses (mind of the masses). 13. Ra causes eclipse to Mo. Ra always moves backwards. When Mo is going to catch up with Ra in the same sign of LA, this eclipse and hence a setback in the very house of existence, it shows loss of popularity of his candidacy. But, since Ra moving backwards is moving away from ASC and Mo getting close to
18. 19. 20. 21.
ASC means that after a large setback, Mo with ASC will get the support of the masses back to him. Ma with Su is combust. But, it really doesn’t matter since both are agni planets and Ma is not effected. In fact, even for Ju it is not bad, but the worst combustion is for Ve. With Me, it gives Budha-Aditya yoga (also called Vipuna Yoga) – the result is that the person is very intelligent. Not too close, if too close, Me gets combust. There are different opinions on this. Narasimhaji’s opinion is, this yoga gives result when they are very close. Me is the learning ability and Su being the Soul, the learning ability has maximum potential to learn from the Soul when they are close. This yoga is more important in D-10 or in D-24 than in Rasi. When a planet owns 2 signs (Ma in this case) it gives the results of both houses, but gives the results of the stronger house first. th Badhakasthana - For Movable signs 11 house, Fixed signs it is th th 9 house and for dual signs it is 7 house. For Ar LA, Ra is Badhaka. Badhaka gives unseen troubles and is correlated with pisacha or peeta badhas. Since, Ra in this chart is in LA, there are inexplicable troubles for the native. The Bhadaka lord is called Bhadakesh. GL – Gatika or Gati Lagna – shows the existence from the point of view of power. One important aspect is see which house GL is from LA. That house attributes indicate the source of power for that native. For ex, th a. if GL is in 5 from ASC, then power comes from ability and popularity th b. if in 8 house, power comes from hard work rd c. if in 3 , power comes from drive and initiative th d. if in 7 , it comes from interactions or from desire th e. if in 8 , it can come due to a setback and due to sudden changes. th Take GL as the LA. Then Ma and Su and in 10 house are very well placed in karma sthana. A planet is having association both with ASC and GL is called a “Yogada”. Association in this case is owning, occupying it or having a Rasi drishti. Since, Ma is the yogada, war is the aspect that gets the native power. Ju in Vi is the Maraka. So, Ju (shows economy etc.) is not a good topic for power for this native. If there are four or more planets consecutively occupying the houses, it is called grahaMalika yoga. (Include Ra, Ke for this). It shows some great achievement. The starting planet shows the trigger for this yoga. See the start and the culminating planets to give this yoga. For ex, Sa indicates hard work and Ke indicates (apart from Moksha in human charts) religiousness, headless terrorism (negative side) and conservativeness (positive side).
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Both Ra and Ke can show terrorists – Ra shows planners and Ke shows headless executors.
Example Chart 4: George Bush. th th 22. LL in 7 or 7 lord in LA, use Dwi Saptati Sama Dasa – There is Raja Yoga between 1,5 lords. There is GajaKesari yoga (Ju-9L, Mo-LL conjoining). The yoga fructifies depending on how close the planets are. This gives a long lasting fame. It depends on how close they are. The way that the yogas may or may not function depending on the closeness is only applicable to mundane and other charts and not to natal charts. Ju dasa from 2000-2009 coincides with his fame becoming president. The peak of this yoga is in Ju-Mo dasa-antardasa in 2006. Ju is in th maraka karaka sthana. Ju is 9 lord and gives Jupiterian and rd satwik dharma. Ju being in 3 house is unwillingly choosing the th path of aggression for fulfilling the 9 house responsibility of implementing Jupiterian karma. 23. Gaja Kesari yoga will give a long lasting fame. The effect could be to the extent that the native could be remembered for decades and might make it into history. That is how powerful Gaja Kesari yoga can be. 24. Shastiamsa – (D-60) – Ju is in Vahni amsa (Vahni is fire) – So his approach has fire and aggression, i.e. he will spread noble dharma but in an aggressive way. 25. Kala Sarpa Yoga and Kala Amrita Yoga- This happens when all the planets are helmed between Ra and Ke. Kala Sarpa yoga is highly problematic – may become like Ra – a thief, a scoundrel. Kala Amrita Yoga, Starts with Ra but ending in Ke will become saintly. Ra puts one in Bhoga marga and Ke puts one in Moksha marga. When either of these kala Sarpa/Amrita yoga is present, the other yogas may not function. Consider the advancement of planets to check if the planets are between Ra and Ke or not. Some people consider ASC and others don’t for checking the planets. Usually throughout life. Usually unto 40 years this yoga functions and then there will be some important events in life with which the native breaks out of this. a. Ra starting – then all planets and Ke ending – It is called Kala Amrita Yoga b. Ke first, all planets and Ra last – It is called Kala Sarpa Yoga. 26. Three malefic planets in quadrants from ASC forms Sarpa Yoga. Mo is usually not considered for checking this yoga. The results are the native will be unlucky and treacherous and in constant troubles. Makes them feel like a snake coils them. 27. Three benefic planets in quadrants from ASC forms Mala Yoga – garland around neck – Lucky.
Tithi Pravesha Chart: D-10 analysis 28. The hora lord or the ruler of the year is Me. th 29. Me is LL in 7 house and having sama saptaka – aspecting Ve th th (5 lord in LA). Mutual aspect between LL and 5 lord is a Raja Yoga. 30. The hora lord is taking part in a Raja Yoga. Unlikely that he will leave the power this year. th th 31. Mo in sukla Paksha is benefic – Mo (8 lord) in 10 house indicates a setback, unexpected gains, tensions etc. So, the th karma is does in society is having 8 house aspects. 32. Mo is in GL and having Rasi aspect on LA. So he becomes a Yogada occupying GL and aspecting LA. Me is also a Yogada in Rasi chart and is hora lord in D-10. So, its unlikely that he will loose power in this time with Mo being associated with GL, but th will have troubles being 8 lord. 33. All the physical aspects are seen from the Rasi chart. But, Dasamsa shows the environment in which he karma is taking place. 34. Question: Why does he have so many strong enemies. Answer: a. Amk is Ve. This shows native’s soul b. PK is Ma. This shows the soul of followers and supporters of native. c. GK is Sa. This shows the opposite souls. Ra moves backwards. d. Two planets with same advancement get replaced. The st 1 one will be occupied by second and the second slot will later be taken by some sthira karakas. Usually the replacement happens at the planets natural age. There will be a big change of personality at that time. th Since these are happening in karmamsa, look D-10. Amk is in 6 from La in Sg. GK is Sa. Mundane charts, to see how different parties perform, one technique is to use karakas. For Democratic Party, most probable the planet is Sa. Color of Sa is blue, their party symbol is donkey and is all represented by Sa. Blue color people. On the other hand, Republican party, symbol is elephant (Ju). Color is Red (Ma). Ma and Ju is big money, big businesses etc. Ju shows conservative people. Also, if 2 karakas in trines, they work very well together. If they are in quadrants, there will be a lot of effort needed and they will not work well together. Also if karakas are in 6-8 or 2-12 relationships, they will not work well together. If PK and GK are in these houses, their souls will not be in harmony.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
In this chart the AmK and replaced GK (Ra replaced with Sa) are in trines and the enmity comes naturally. No effort needed. Example Chart 5: 2008 Tithi Pravesa chart of Algore Rasi chart. 35. Hora lord is Ju. Gaja Kesari yoga - Ju (25 deg) and Mo (7 deg) – far apart. 36. Yogas formed in this chart: th th a. 5 and 9 lord also forms Raja Yoga. b. LL Ma and Ju and Mo – all the trine lords are on the same axis. th c. There is 1st-5th, 1st-9th, 5th-9 houses forming Raja yogas. d. Ma and Mo gives Chandra Mangala Yoga being in sama saptakas. This makes the person very stubborn. e. Ju-Mo gives Guru Mangala yoga. f. Both the LL and the hora lord are involved in forming yogas. If this happens in Tithi Pravesa chart, one can be certain that the Raja Yoga will fructify. Only LL involvement the raja Yoga may fructify. g. Ma is a yogada. h. All three planets Ju, Mo (in GL) and Ma having aspect with GL. So, there will be power for him in any case. Mo dasa running at next election time. This seems to be a strong planet in this chart and there is a greater chance he will contest in next election. Example Chart 6: 37. Rasi ASC is Ge. Use Vimsottari as no special conditions apply. st 38. Husband rose in Ve dasa – Husband – 7th lord if 1 marriage. th nd 8th from 7 if 2 marriage. 39. Details of husband from her Navamsa. th th a. D-9 ASC is Sg, for husband use Ge (7 lord Me in 7 ) – th learned, smart, Career – attorney. ASC aspecting 10 house Pi. b. Su indicates Charisma of a person as he is the source of original light. Here Su is aspecting LA. nd c. Dwiteeye sputa Vagdata – Ke in 2 house- clear speech rd d. Mo (as benefic) in 3 house – the native will be cheerful th th e. Sa (10 lord) and Ju (9 lord) – Dharma Karmadhipati yoga. th th th th f. 6 lord in 6 – Harsha Yoga, 8 lord in 8 – Sarala Yoga th th – straight forward person, 12 lord in 12 – Vimala Yoga. th th g. Ve is 5 and 12 lord – There is a good period. 40. Narayana Dasa –of progressed LA.
41. A planet owning a trine and a quadrant use ASC or 7 house th whichever is stronger as the starting point for native. If 7 is th stronger, take 7 from there – that will be the progression is called a yogakaraka.
Lesson #22 Compiled by Vijaya Putchakayala Topics Covered: 1. What houses in a rasi chart show whether a person is a real saint or not. 2. Example Chart 1: Swami Jayendra Saraswati - July 18, 1935; 7:00 pm; 5:30:00 (East of GMT); 79E26 10N42. a. Analysis of dasa and antardasa indicate the arrest of Swamiji. b. Predictions about his release. Key Points: Rules to see if a person is a saint: rd th 1. 3 house is the house of initiative and drive and 6 house is the house of defeating enemies. If naturally benefic planets such as Jupiter, Venus, Me etc., are in 3rd & 6th from AL, the person does not want to fight and he is not inclined materially. He is very gentle and restrained in public behavior. This combination is generally present in the charts of saints and mild natured people. 2. Malefic planets in the 3rd and 6th houses from AL are good for materially successful persons like politicians or businessmen. These people are perceived as bold and who hit enemies hard. If there are no planets in those houses, the nature of the signs (malefic or benefic) and the lords of the signs will give the results. The sign aspect on these houses will give the secondary results. See if there are any benefic or malefic planets in those signs. rd th 3. If Ma is in the 3 and Ju is in the 6 from AL, that person’s first rd instinct is to hurt his enemy, but he won’t. If Ju is in the 3 and th Ma is in the 6 , that person does not have the initiative to fight, but once he decides to fight he will finish the enemy. 4. For the matters of Dharma and marriage Su behaves like a benefic, especially if he is in a friend’s sign. Moola dasa and Vimsottari dasas: 5. To find when the results of various past life karmas are manifested in this life, look at the Moola dasa. This dasa shows the root of events from our past life. th th 6. In a saint’s chart, the 9 house and the karma the 9 lord carries th is very important. For example if the lord of 9 house is in Deva (divine) Shashtyamsa, a high level of dharma will be granted to that person. And if the ninth lord is in Rakshasa Shashtyamsa the dharma that person follows is defined by a lot of negative
karma from his past lives. This dharma will be fulfilled in the Moola dasa of the ninth lord. th The placement of the 9 lord (from the rasi chart) in D-60 chart shows what karma is unfinished from the past life. Atma karaka Kendradhi Graha Dasa shows the evolution of the soul in this life.(How you discover yourself, how you separate away from what the soul wants, what is happening from the point of view of the soul, etc.) To decide which Vimsottari dasa is to be used (started from Mo or LA), see whether Mo is strong or ASC is strong. Count the number of planets in quadrants from Mo and LA. Whichever has more planets will dominate. If ASC is stronger than Moon, that person is more individualistic and has a strong personality. He does not worry about the reactions of the world from his actions. If Mo is stronger, that person thinks more about others’ opinions of him. ASC is that through which you act in the world, and Mo is that through which you react to the world (how you experience the world). When there are 3 or more planets in a house, arrange them in the order of natural beneficence or maleficence. The most benefic planet will give the result of the most malefic planet, and vice versa. Su based Vimsottari dasa is mainly used in Adhana charka (the chart that is cast at the time of conception of a child.). Using that dasa one can compress all the dasas to the next nine months to figure out what is happening to the soul in those nine months. Tribhagi Vimsottari dasa shows how 360 degrees of the zodiac are mapped into 120 years of one's paramayush. This dasa shows when the Sahamas are activated.
Sahamas: 15. Sahamas are the significant points in the zodiac. For each matter in life, there is one significant point defined. These Sahamas are used for calculating event-occurrence time. 16. For example, Bhandana Sahama is applicable to time the event of imprisonment of a person. Look at the longitude and the sign of that particular Sahama. The planets and the Nakshatra that are occupying that point are very important to time the event. When that particular point in Tribhagi Vimsottari dasa is activated, imprisonment may happen. Others: 17. The word “Panchanga” means five segments or limbs, namely, Tithi (lunar day), Vaara (week day), Nakshatra (constellation),
19. 20. 21.
24. 25. 26.
27. 28. 29.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Yoga (Lunisolar day) and Karana (half of a lunar day). The five panchangas are divisions of time to show the quality of time. The system of Annual Tithi Pravesa charts is based on Tithi. Out of these five panchangas a. Tithi is of Watery nature b. Yoga is of Ether nature c. Vaara is of Fiery nature d. Nakshatra is of Airy nature e. Karana is of Earthy nature th A4 (Arudha pada of 4 house) shows the place we live in. If a malefic is in A4 that is bad. If a lord of any Arudha is badly placed from ASC then that Arudha is suffered. Lord of any Arudha pada placed in a quadrant or in a trine is good. That Arudha will flourish. In the annual Tithi Pravesha chart, the hora lord is like the king of the year. Something important will happen in his dasa. But he is more powerful in his own dasa than in his antardasa of some other planet’s dasa. If there are any yogas involved with this planet, those results are also given. th Ra in 10 house from AL is bad. In his dasa, the person will be seen as a cheater or as a cunning person. nd A malefic planet in 2 from AL (especially if it’s a functional malefic) is bad. And benefic planets placed here will give the AL good nourishment to rise. Malefic planets can pull the Arudha down by the negativities they represent. Don’t see lordship of Arudha Padas. See only lordship of AL th If 5 lord involves in a raja yoga, especially in a good house like th 10 , that planet’s dasa will give great following. Vipareeta raja yoga works only when a dusthana lord is in a dusthana either alone or with the lord of another dusthana. If he is with the lord of a benefic house then there is no Vipareeta raja yoga. If LL is involved in any raja yoga, that yoga is more powerful. In D10 if the ninth lord is in Agni Amsa, that person’s dharma is to transform people. If it happens in a saint’s chart, that person will transform the people spiritually.
Nakshatra Chart: Nameof Nakshatra
Aswini Bharani Krittika Rohini Mrigasira Aardra
00Ar 00 13Ar 20 26Ar 40 10Ta00 23Ta20 6 Ge 40
13 Ar 20 26 Ar 40 10 Ta 00 23 Ta 20 6 Ge 40 20 Ge 00
Vimsott ari Lord Ketu Venus Sun Moon Mars Rahu
Ruling Deity Aswini Kumara Yama Agni Bramha Moon Shiva
Lesson #22 Punarvasu Pushyami Aasresha Makha Poorva Phalguni Uttara Phalguni Hasta Chitra Swaati Visaakha Anooraadha Jyeshtha Moola Poorvaashaadha Uttaraashaadha Sravanam Danishtha Satbhishak Poorvaabhaadra Uttaraabhaadra Revati
20 Ge 00 03 Cn 20 16 Cn 40 00 Le 00 13 Le 20 26 Le 40 10 Vi 00 23 Vi 20 6 Li 40 20 Li 00 03 Sc 20 16 Sc 40 00 Sg 00 13 Sg 20 26 Sg 40 10 Cp 00 23 Cp 20 6 Aq 40 20 Aq 00 03 Pi 20 16 Pi 40
Source: Vedic Narasimha Rao
03 Cn 20 16 Cn 40 30 Cn 00 13 Le 20 26 Le 40 10 Vi 00 23 Vi 20 6 Li 40 20 Li 00 03 Sc 20 16 Sc 40 30 Sc 00 13 Sg 20 26 Sg 40 10 Cp 00 23 Cp 20 6 Aq 40 20 Aq 00 03 Pi 20 16 Pi 40 30 Pi 00
99 Jupiter Saturn Mercury Ketu Venus Sun Moon Mars Rahu Jupiter Saturn Mercury Ketu Venus Sun Moon Mars Rahu Jupiter Saturn Mercury
Aditi Jupiter Rahu Sun Aryaman Sun Viswakarma Vaayu Indra Mitra Indra Nirriti Varuna Viswaa deva Brahma Vishnu Vasu Varuna Ajacharana Ahirbudhanya Pooshan
Lesson #23 Compiled by Mythri Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart 1: Female, 24 Feb 1948; 2.36.20 pm IST; 80E8, 13N5 – Analysis of political power, dharma. 2. Example Chart 2: Male, 7 July 1968; 6:30p.m IST; 80E27, 16N85; Guntur, India. Rectification and Analysis of Rasi chart and career. Key Points: 1. Ge LA-Very intellient, anayltical, understands things quickly. 2. Mahapurusha Yogas:. The following 5 planets in a quadrant or in own sign or in exaltation, gives the following Mahapurusha yogas. a. Ju--Hamsa yoga b. Ve--Maalavya yoga c. Ma--Ruchaka yoga d. Sa--Sasa yoga e. Me--Bhadra yoga 3. Apply following rules if more than one Mahapurusha yoga is seen in the chart: a. Mahapurusha yoga of that planet wins according to placement of planets in following houses -- Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. b. If more planets giving Mahapurusha yoga are in the same trikona, this second rule applies --Exalted planet wins over the planet in Moolatrikona. 4. How to calculate Bhoga-a. Count the houses from Dasa lord to Antardasa lord. b. Now count the same number of houses from Antardasa That house is the Bhoga. c. See which house the Bhoga is from LA, results of that particular house are experienced during that Antardasa period. 5. All charts should be analyzed based ona. Desha (Place of the person). b. Kala (time/age one is living in). c. Paatra (what one is doing/family background). 6. When a planet is exalted and retrogressed, it is equivalent to Debilitation. 7. Retrograde planets in any chart means more effort is required in that area (house) of life. 8. Yogada - Planet occupying, owning or aspecting ASC and GL(Ghatika LA).
9. MahaYogada -Planets occupying, owning or aspecting ASC and GL(Ghatika Lagna) and Hora Lagna (HL) 10. Ju in own house gives Vimala yoga. 11. Ke in ASC is not auspicious unless 3rd or 5th lord. Ke wants to lead you towards Moksha therefore Ke in ASC is good for acetics. 12. D1 - Strong Ju in ASC makes people diplomatic. Strong Ra is diplomatic too but for selfish reasons. 13. D1 - If Bhoga falls where in the house which has UL, marriage can take place during that Dasa/Antardasa. 14. D1 - 9th lord's Amsa (Check the amsa ruler of D60) shows the Dharma carried from the past life. 15. If the amsa is 'Soumya' or 'Amruta' it is very auspicious. 16. D9 - If Sa and Me are influencing ASC and/or the 7th house, homosexual tendencies are seen in the person. This is because Sa and Me both are Unisex planets. 17. D9-9th lord in 10th house shows a Dharmic person. 18. In D9, 7th Lord's dispositor can also give marriage during his Dasa or Antardasa. 19. D10 - Mo in 10th house, 10th lord Ve in 6th makes a person entertainer. 20. D10-Mo in 10th house can also show politics. 21. D10 - Su in 5th house shows power. For political power, Su is the karaka 22. D10-9th lord in 6th house from 9th means making enemies while upholding dharma. 23. D10 - 9th house, house of dharma/boss can also show-24. Higher education relating to career and 25. Traveling abroad for the job. 26. D10 -Career is show by stronger of 2rd,6th or 10th houses (Artha Trikona) 27. D10 - The lords occupying 6th house can determine the career. Ma shows Hardware engineering (engines, circuits etc), Ke can show analytical engineering. 28. D30 -This the chart of Evils within a person. 29. D30 -The planet occupying shows when you commit your worst sin of the lifetime.(During the Dasa of that planet) 30. If there are no planets occupying the LA, consider the planets aspecting it or lord of the house. 31. D24-Houses showing education a. -Primary education is shown by 4th house b. -Bachelor's is shown by 9th house c. -Master's (higher education) is show by 2nd house. 32. D24-7th lord in 7th house shows strong desire to study further (Higher studies).
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Tithi Pravesh chart: 33. Check the Hora Lord for that year and where he is placed in Rasi and required divisional chart. 34. In D10 - 5th lord in 6th house is not good for maintaining power. 35. In democracy, Mo is the planet who shows power (Mo represents masses) . 36. If that Mo is in Bhadhaka's house or in 12th house, it is not good period for power during that Dasa.
104 Lesson #24 Compiled by Vijaya Putchakayala Topics Covered: 1. Discussion on D-4, D-6 & D16 charts. 2. Example Chart 1: July 7, 1968, 6:30 P.M., 5:30:00(East of GMT), 80E27 and 16N18. Guntur, India. Key Points: 1. Out of all the zodiac signs, Pisces represents oceans and Aquarius shows mountains. Seeing Foreign travel in a chart: th
2. 12 , 9 and 7 houses are important for foreign travel.12 th house shows displacement from motherland. 9 house shows th fortune in a foreign land and 7 house shows long travel because of a strong desire. 3. Badhakasthana lord can also give displacement. th 4. For fixed signs(Ta, Le, Sc, Aq) Badhakasthana is 9 house. For th movable signs (Ar, Cn, Li , Cp) it is 11 house and for dual th signs (Ge, Vi, Sg, Pi) it is 7 house. 5. Persons born in fixed signs are very stubborn and rigid in their views. They have some sense of dharma to follow, and that th dharma will give them trouble. So 9 house (house of dharma) becomes their Badhakasthana. D-4 (Charurthamsa): 6. This chart is used to see residence, properties or where one travels to etc. rd th th 7. In D-4 3 house shows loosing or leaving home (12 from 4 ). th 8. If 12 house is involved in foreign stay, that person will miss his th motherland a lot. If 9 house is involved he will prosper in foreign countries. 9. Badhakasthana lord shows inexplicable problems, worries or troubles. 10. If a person comes to a foreign land in the Badhakasthana or its lord’s dasa, it means that there are some problems or worries in the motherland, which make the person, leave his country. th 11. In D-4, 8 house shows instability in comfort or in place of living. 12. When you see Annual Tithi Pravesha charts (ATP), give as much importance to rasi chart as to the divisional charts. th th 13. 10 lord in 11 house shows gains through career.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
14. If hora lord is yogakaraka one should expect that the year will be a good/important year. See what houses the hora lord owns and if he is involved in any yogas. The strength of a raja yoga depends on how close the planets are in that yoga. If hora lord is th th the lord of 8 house or 12 house that year will give some problems. 15. Along with watery signs, signs owned by Sa and Ra (Cp and Aq) are important for foreign travel. 16. Paradesa saham and Jalapatana saham are also important for th th foreign travel. If these signs are associated with either 9 , 7 or th 12 houses or their lords, there will be foreign travel during that year. 17. In TP charts, Narayana dasa gives better results than Vimsottari dasa. So it’s always a good idea to consider two or more dasas to make predictions. D-16 (Shodasamsa): 18. This chart is used to see vehicles, accidents, pleasures, comforts, discomforts, and mental happiness. th th 19. 6 and 8 houses show accidents. If any antardasa lord is in or th th connected to the 6 or 8 house from the mahadasa lord, there can be an accident in that antardasa. 20. If Ju and Ra are in the same house in an ATP chart, the native should be very careful regarding those house matters that year. th If it happens in the 5 house, there maybe problems with children. 21. Ra with Ju is a combination for “manushya hatya” (killing of a person). A person corresponding to that house may even die. If th th it happens in 7 , it will be the spouse; in 4 , the mother. It is generally more serious if it happens in ATP chart. Ra hates Sun, Moon, and Ju. Though Su and Mo can fight back, Ju cannot. The negative energy of Ra gives rise to problems. th th th 22. Any link between 6 and 8 houses in D16 is bad. If 6 lord is in th 8 , don’t consider it as a Vipareeta Raja yoga. th th 23. If LL Ju is in 9 house in rasi chart, that is a great blessing. 9 house is the favorite house (house of protection) for Ju. That person will seem to escape accidents miraculously. th th 24. If you see any planet in 6 house or 8 house in debilitation or in inimical house in ATP chart, advise the native to drive carefully. th Also advise him/her to pray to the god that represents the 6 th house or 8 house in the natal chart (not in the annual chart). 25. Poojas and mantras are satwik remedial measures. Wearing gems is a Rajasik remedial measure. If you make any mistake, it will be bad. One can bring negative energies to him or her by wearing wrong gems.
Lesson #24 th
26. Wearing the gemstone of either 6 or 8 house is a very bad idea. th th th 27. In D16, if ASC or 4 house has Ra and Ketu, or 6 or 8 lord in th 4 house, there can be some inclination to accidents, especially in the dasa of those houses. D-6 (Shashthamsa): 28. This chart is used to see health, enemies, and litigation. th 29. In ATP chart if a planet is associated with 8 house (both in rasi and D-6), that planet’s dasa will be bad for health. 30. When there are three or more planets in a house the most benefic planet will give the result of the most malefic planet. But exchange of results between these planets will not work if one of the planets is in its own house. That planet will end up dominating and the results won’t be given fully. th 31. In ATP D-6 chart, if the 9 lord is eclipsed by Ra and Ke th th (especially in 8 or 7 house) that person will have some health problems in Ra dasa. Protection will be destroyed. Any efforts to cure him will not be on the right track, or any cure will not reach that person. Don’t advise any surgery in that period. Choose a better dasa. rd 32. Planets in 3 house in D-6 will fight the diseases. 33. When you praise God without knowing the meaning of the prayer, there will not be complete results. When you are praising the gods by knowing the meaning, you are actually improving those good qualities in you. 34. The natural bifurcation of planets is o Ju, Mo, Su, Ma - Sura group (Ju is the leader) o Ve, Me, Sa, Ra, Ke - Asura group (Ve is the leader) 35. Different metals are associated with different planets. o Ma - Copper o Mercury - Silver or Bronze o Venus - Silver o Saturn - Iron o Jupiter - Gold o Ketu - Panchaloha (combination of 5 metals) 36. Thumb symbolizes Self and the other 4 fingers symbolize the four Purusharthas. o Ring finger - Dharma o Middle finger - Artha o Little finger - Kama o Index finger - Moksha 37. If the focus of your prayer is related to Kama Trikona, the mudra is: touch your thumb with the little finger. 38. Touching thumb with middle finger is a very inauspicious mudra (to ask only Artha is prohibited in Vedic culture). You should
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
never ask for only money, so the mudra is: touch both your middle and ring finger with the thumb (earn money in dharmic way). 39. Depending on which planet and purushartha you want to strengthen, wear that type of gem on the corresponding finger. 40. Never wear a ring on your index finger (moksha comes in a satwik way and wearing gems is a Rajasik way).
108 Lesson #25 Compiled by Sreeram Pydah Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart: Analysis of the legendary Srimati M. S. Subbalaksmi’s chart. Data: September 16, 1916 at 9:30 a.m. at Madurai, Tamilnadu, India a. Rasi (D1) showing Gajakesari, Tapasvi and Raja yogas b. Navamsa (D9) – Musician combination and nature of spouse c. Vimsamsa (D20) showing Raja yoga, devotion and religiousness d. Dasamsa (D10) showing her disposition to work in the society e. Factors causing her death – analysis using Rasi (D1) and Tithi Pravesh f. Health related issues as seen from Shashtamsa (D6) and Trimsamsa(D30) g. Issues relating to children as seen from Saptamsa (D7) Key Points: Rasi (D1) showing Gajakesari, Tapasvi and Raja yogas th 1. Ju and Mo together in the 7 house are giving Gajakesari yoga, i.e., long lasting fame. This Gajakesari yoga’s association with/aspect of Lagna make it even more powerful. In Lord Sreerama’s chart this same Gajakesari yoga was in Lagna with exalted Ju and Mo in his own house making this yoga very very strong. th 2. Sa, Ve and Ke in the 10 house are giving Tapasvi yoga – somebody with this yoga devotes his entire life to a certain cause. 3. Buddha Aditya yoga is also present but not very strong – Su is at 0 degrees in Vi and Me is at 25 degrees. 4. Embedded in the Tapasvi yoga there is a Raja yoga - LL Ve and th th 4 /5 lord Sa are joined together. Navamsa (D9) – Musician combination and nature of spouse st th th 5. Trines (1 , 5 and 9 houses) in Navamsa show the individual’s abilities. There are some exceptions. As far as music is concerned the ‘Classic Dictum’ is - Su and/or Mo in the trine make a good singer. Su gives rhythm and Mo gives melody. Su will make an ok singer. Mo and Ve in trines will make a melodious singer.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
6. Spouse is shown by the 7 house. In case of Smt. th Subbalakshmi, Virgo is the 7 house and taken as spouse’s lagna,. Me is Lagna lord and makes the spouse a Learned and th Intelligent person. Mecury (Lagna Lord) in the 12 house makes the individual a great giver – because your intelligence is focused there. Lords of houses are the animate forces, they are the engines that drive. Third house is the house of Parakrama/initiative and also a house of creativity. Ve in the third house makes Smt. Subbalakshmi’s husband a poet and especially with the Mo. Ve makes him very creative and Mo gives melody. Vimsamsa (D20) showing Raja yoga, devotion and religiousness 7. Smt. Subbalakshmi has a great Raja yoga, Lagna lord Ve is nd th th th conjoint with 2 /5 lord Mecurcy and aspected by 9 /10 lord th Sa (Yoga Karaka). The activity in the area of 9 house/Dharma is extremely strong and her spirituality grows through work – Sa th th th being the 9 /10 lord. In Vimsamsa, 5 house represents the th mantras + devotion (abilities) that one posses’, while 9 house represents the dharma or organized religion that you follow. Smt. Subbalakshmi was dedicated to God and her entire work is based on spirituality. Dasamsa (D10) showing her disposition to work in the society 8. Sa and Ke in Ar Lagna represent a very dynamic, hardworking, disciplined and spiritual (Ke gives this spirituality) person. These are auspicious planets because these are the same planets giving Tapasvi yoga in the Raasi chart(D1). th 9. There is a parivartana between Lagna Lord and 11 Lord. This shows that smt. Subbalakshmi will have gains through her career and that she will have good friends throughout her career. This is also known as Dhanayoga. She will gainfully engage in her karma. nd 10. 2 house shows resources – Su being there shows political connections that are useful to that person. Smt. Subbalakshmi sang at the United Nations, and won the Bharatha Ratna award. th th 11. Ju and Mo Parivartana – 4 and 9 lords – kendra and trine th th lords. Comfort and direction – 4 house, 9 house dharma, i.e., the individual will have great satisfaction doing her dharma. Retrograde planet shows strong desire from past life. It also shows that one will put a lot of effort in that area. Retrograde planets are like a blessing. In smt. Subbalakshmi’s case Ju is retrograde. 12. AL in Sagittarius with Mo in it represents a singer who is gentle, religious, wise (because of Ju parivartana), and a fiery upholder of dharma because of Sagittarius. Smt. Subbalakshmi will have
unblemished reputation because there are no negative plantes influencing the AL. Factors causing her death – analysis using Rasi (D1) and Tithi Pravesh 13. Vimsottari dasa applies to everybody and accordingly smt. Subbalakshmi who died a few days ago was running Me Mahadasa and Ra Antaradasa – does this make sense? nd th nd th rd th th 14. 2 and 7 are houses of death. 2 is 12 from 3 , 7 is the 12 th th from 8 . Malefics in the 8 house can also cause death. Looking nd th at smt. Subbalakshmi’s chart Ma (lord of 2 and 7 houses), Ju th and Mo (occupants of the 7 house) are likely candidates. Vimsottari dasa tends to apply for everybody but only special dasas apply to certain charts. In smt. Subbalakshmi’s case th Dwisaptatisamadasa applies because 7 lord Ma is in Lagna. According to Dwisaptatisamadasa the death occurred in Ju Mahadasa and Mo Antaradasa – this makes more sense. 15. Looking at the Tithi Pravesha chart for the year, smt. th Subbalakshmi died during Ve dasa and Ve is the lord of 7 house. 16. Shoola dasa is the dasa dedicated to computing longevity and will be covered later. Health related issues as seen from Shashtamsa (D6) and Trimsamsa(D30) 17. In smt. Subbalakshmi’s Shashtamsa chart (D6), Ve is Badhaka th th occupying the 6 house and aspected by the lord of 6 house th Ju. Both are bad – 6 lord and Badhaka. 18. Ju is the planet giving health problems – fats and sweets. In rd th Rasi – Ju is the 3 and 6 house lord this is not good. 19. Ju shows diabetes while Ve shows uterus or kidneys – so, diabetes makes sense. 20. Each planet represents a certain part of the body a. Sa – Muscle b. Ma – Nerve Marrow c. Su – Bone d. Mecury – Skin e. Ve – Semen, Reproductive organs f. Mo – Blood g. Ju – Fat 21. Root causes are seen in the Shasthamsa. Ayurveda looks at the source of the problem. Shasthamsa shows the root cause. 22. Trimsamsa (D30) shows sickness/weaknesses in the body – 1 to 12 are physical, 13 to 24 are in the mental plane, 25 to 36 works in the sub-conscious weakness. Kama - Desire, Krodha - Anger, Loba – Greed, Moha – Attachment/Illusion, Madha – going to
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
any extent to get what you want – some people take it as alcohol – these are sub-conscious weaknesses, Matsyala – Jealousy. This chart (D30) shows the root cause of your weakness – chemicals triggered by sub-conscious feelings/forces trigger your health related issues. Rasi shows what you suffer as a th th result of D6 and D30. Weakness of Lagna, 6 and 8 are important. Mandi is also very important in these charts. Issues relating to children as seen from Saptamsa (D7) 23. All three plants Sa, Me and Ve in trines in Saptamsa (D7) give no children. If one or two of them are in the trine then they give you some difficulty but you cannot rule out. th 24. For overall happiness with children look at the 5 lord in Rasi (D1) and see how strongly it is placed in Saptamsa(D7). In case th of smt. Subbalakshmi, there are two 5 lords in Rasi (D1) – Sa and Ra. If there are two lords of a house always take the one not in the house itself. In smt. Subbalakshmi’s chart this is Ra and th he is in the 6 house in Saptamsa. This is not well placed and shows no happiness with children. th 25. Ra is also the Lagna lord in Saptamsa and is placed in the 6 house which again is not good. 26. Ju is actually well placed in the Saptamsa being the karaka for th children. However, Ju is the 6 lord in Rasi(D1) which again is not good. Some General points to note: 27. In Drekkana (D3 - Siblings) and Saptamsa (D7 - Children) locate the house of interest and then find the lord and take that as Lagna. 28. In case of Dwadamsa (D12-Parents) and Navamsa (D9-Spouse) locate the house of interest and take that as Lagna.
112 Lesson #26 Compiled by Sreeram Pydah Topics Covered: Example Chart: According to native’s mother the native (male, a st student in the class as born on Oct 21 , 1968 in Prodattur, Andhra Pradesh, India between 6:30 and 7:05pm. After birth time correction of his own chart native felt that 6:31pm IST was the right time. He requested the class to verify his birth time correction. The following are analyzed in the native’s chart. • Rasi (D1) • Navamsa (D9) • TP charts of 1996 • Dasamsa (D10) • Siddhamsa(D24) • Saptamsa(D7) • Drekkana(D3) • Vimsamsa (D20) • Sa Dasa for Native • Some general dictums of physical appearance and health • Shashtamsa (D6) • Summary/Conclusion • Sunrise Definition
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Shat-trimsa sama dasa applicable for day time births in Sun’s hora and night time births in Moon’s hora. To determine the hora the process is – Odd signs are male energy, Sun’s hora is the first half and Moon’s hora is the next half, even signs are female energy, Moon’s hora is the first half and Sun’s hora is the next half. This dasa is applicable to about 50% of the charts. Dwadasottari dasa applicable if ASC is in Venusian amsa, i.e. ASC is in Li or Ta in Navamsa (D9). Probability is 2/12, i.e., one in six. th th Chaturaseeti sama dasa applicable if 10 lord is in the 10 . Saatabdika dasa applicable if ASC is vargottama Shodasottari dasa applicable if ASC is Moon’s hora in Krishna paksha and Sun’s hora in Sukla paksha Panchottari dasa applicable if ASC is in Cn in both Rasi (D1) and Dwadasama (D12) Shasti-hayani dasa applicable if Su is in ASC – probability is 1/12.
Navamsa (D9) showing In Navamsa (D9) Le, Vi, Li and Sc rasis were considered and it was determined that ASC should be in Vi.
Question - What is the basis to these dasas? Why the particular order of planets and the durations? Do we look at only certain aspects of one’s chart in these specific dasa? Answer – Synoptic cycles of planets is the basis to these dasas and periods – do not know the complete details. One should use these special dasas as a complete replacement to VD. Parasura suggested that one use these specific dasas but did not explain why, when and what to apply it to. 1. In Native’s case there is specific dasa applicable, so we use VD itself. However, one should note that the applicability of the dasa itself needs to be rectified. Using VD, native was married during Ju dasa and Ke antardasa. Looking at the Navamsa (D9) and taking Vi as ASC one finds that: th th th 2. Ju is the 4 and 7 lord located in the 5 house of love and affection 3. Sa and Ju have a Parivartana, and because of that it is as if Ju th is in the 7 house itself 4. Ju is also the Dara karaka th 5. Ke is in the 9 house 6. In order to find that bhoga for this period, we count MD lord to AD lord and the same number to the bhoga house – using this principle, the bhoga falls in Vi, the same house as ASC, and this signifies a new beginning.
Is there any conditional nakshatra dasa applicable to Native? Recap: th Dwi-saptati sama dasa applicable if 7 lord is in ASC or LL is in the th 7 .
TP Chart of 1996 7. Using the definition that Sun’s center being at the horizon is considered to be Sunrise (this can be set in JHora software) then Mo is the Hora Lord for 1996 TP Charts.
Key Notes: Some of the important events in native’s life: st Marriage - August 21 , 1997 Came to US - February 1998 Joined Oracle Corporation as a permanent employee April 2001 – was a contractor and did not have a stable job before that. Rasi (D1) showing In Rasi (D1) native looked at various rasis and determined that ASC should be in Ar.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
8. Mo is the ASC lord in TP Rasi (TP-D1) and 5 lord in ASC in TP Navamsa (TP-D9) and because of this there is a good likely hood of marriage giving a new beginning. 9. Native was married during the Ju Ashtottari dasa of Janma Tithi. th th 10. Ju is the 9 lord in TP Rasi (TP D1) but in the 6 house. In th following the dharma there is some anxiety. Ju is also the 6 lord in TP Rasi chart (TP D1). th 11. Ju is the ASC lord in TP Navamsa (TP D9) but in the 8 house. Ju’s agenda is to give a fresh start. There is good likely hood of th getting married in Ju Dasa but with obstacles being in the 8 house. In fact, Ju did give obstacles – the marriage party could not reach in time because of a vehicular accident. th th 12. Ke is 9 lord in the 8 house in TP Navamsa (TP D9). This will give some anxiety in following one’s dharma too. Dasamsa (D10): Native came to US in Feb. 1998. 13. In Dasama (D10) ASC changes 6 mins 32 secs earlier and 4 mins 8 secs later. But based on whatever we have done so far, i.e., looking at Rasi (D1), Navamsa (D9) and TP for 1996 one realizes that one can only go back by 38 secs (based on TP Charts) and/or move forward by 9 minutes (based on TP Charts), otherwise all the logic changes. The only possibilities for Dasamsa (D10) ASC are Vi and Li. 14. Native currently works on General Enterprise Software – Application Developer for Oracle Corporation. Native was a Civil Engineer to start with and then moved to software. Native is a Software Engineer only; he was never associated with any hardware. Software is usually represented by Mercury and/or Ke. 15. Native started working as a Civil Engineer in 1990 and was a Civil Engineer until 1996 except for a two year break from 1992 to 1994, when he completed his post graduation in Civil Engineering. 16. Looking at the Dasamsa (D10), Native got a job during Ju dasa. th th Ju is the Lord of AL, the lord of 7 house occupying the 9 house. Ju also aspects the ASC. Native getting a job during this period does make sense. 17. However, Native was not happy during that period doing what he was doing – he took a break to go back to school/university for his post graduation. He also had a strong desire to do something else like get into software. th th 18. Ju in the 9 house is very auspicious – 9 house is the house of your boss and also the house of protection. th th 19. Ju is 4 and 7 lord. Ju is also the Badhaka lord ,i.e. inexplicable pain due to desire that could not be explained by native.
Dictum: In Dasamsa (D10), if 6 house is stronger one is more th oriented towards a job and if 7 house is stronger one is more oriented toward doing business. th 20. In Native’s case both houses are equally strong with Mo in 6 th house and Rahu in 7 house. Native could either be in a job or th th be in business. However, Rahu being the 6 lord in 7 it is not advisable for Native to go into business. This combination th actually shows that Native has a strong desire (7 house) to go th into business but Rahu being the 6 lord, his main agenda is make Native work hard and overcome difficulties. As a result of this combination one would recommend to Native that he actually work for somebody build a skill set and then become an independent consultant – this way the agenda of Rahu is well met. rd
Dictum: Natural Entrepreneurs have either 3 lord or 11 lord in 7 house. House Lordship is always the main agenda for any planet – house they occupy is the resources they have access to and have a role to play. 21. Rahu is a planet of change and he will give a desire to change on to new things, for example from Civil Engg to Software for Native. Dictum: If Kama trikona is strong then what one gets in return is most important for that individual. If Dharma trikona is strong then following one’s dharma is most important for that individual. If Artha trikona is strong then one may not have strong principles but neither they looking for any returns; these individuals, just like to do things because they like doing things – they can’t be idle. th 22. Ju being in the 9 house shows smooth career and will always be protected – even if there are layoffs, this individual will always be saved. Being the Badhaka will always gives you inexplicable trouble/pain. Siddhamsa (D24) Native completed his post-graduation in Civil Engineering from 92 to 94 during Ju MD and Sa AD. th
Dictum: 4 house shows basic education, 9 house shows nd graduation and 2 house shows post-graduation. 23. Ma is Engineering in general being fire – usually shows Mechanical and Electrical. Planets associated with construction are Sa and Ke; some people say Ve too. th 24. In Native’s chart, Sa being in the 9 house with Ketu’s argala definitely shows a Civil Engineering possibility.
25. The 2 house is occupied by Ju and aspected by Sa. Usually th nd links between 9 and 2 will be a dominating influence – postgraduation follows bachelors in the same line. 26. Le, Li or even for that matter Scorpio ASC do not make sense for graduate and post graduate studies in Civil Engineering. This Siddhamsa (D24) is accurate. Question: Why was there a break from 1990 and 1992 between graduate and post-graduate studies? Answer: Ju MD and Ju AD gave the break. Unfortunately, VD cannot answer this question. This would have to covered once the class completes the understanding of ND Ju could have given postgraduate studies but this would have not been in Civil Engineering but may be an MBA/Administration or Finance – Ju is in Le. Question: Why is Native learning Astrology so seriously in the past year? Answer: Native is running Ju MD and Rahu AD. He learnt Astrology so well that he rectified his own chart without blemish. In Ju MD and th Rahu AD the bhoga experienced is the 8 house Ar. From Ju, Rahu th th is in the 11 house (Paka) and from Rahu 11 house is Ar (Bhoga). th 8 house is occult knowledge – knowledge of the hidden. Saptamsa (D7) Native has two sons and one daughter in the following sequence Son, Son and Daughter. st
Dictum: If one has twins then astrological we consider the 1 as the st nd nd 1 child and the 2 as the 2 child although the birth time difference is small between the two. Dictum: To see the overall happiness with Children one should th locate the 5 lord of Rasi(D1)t and see how well the same planet is placed in Saptamsa (D7). Then one should also see the placement th th of the 5 lord in Saptamsa itself (D7) for male and 9 lord for a female. th 27. For Native, Su is the 5 lord of Rasi (D1) and he is in the trine in Saptamsa (D7) and in a Mitra Sthana – this is a good placement. th 28. In Saptamsa (D7) 5 lords are Ma and Ke – Ma is exalted in the th 7 and is well placed and this is good placement. Ke is with Ve occupies the 12 house. th
Dictum: In Saptamsa (D7) 5 lord occupying the 6 house or 6 th lord in 5 house signify some kind of a problem. The person may not have children, or there might be delay in having children.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
29. In Native’s case ASC is in Cancer, and this is an even sign. For th the first child we go back to the 5 house counting backward – Pi is the house. The lord is Ju and he is with Sa. Dictum: Odd signs are male and even signs are female. But the exceptions are Ge-Cn exchange and Aquarius-Pi exchange. 30. Sa is a neuter and he can show either sex– because of this one cannot be 100% sure that this is a male child. 31. Ju is in its house in Pi and this clearly indicates male but with Sa one cannot be sure. Dictum: Do not see the Rasi aspects when determining the sex of the child. Dictum: Ju with Ve would usually indicate female but if this happens in Pi, Ve would be exalted and represent a male. If Ju was with Mo one would predict a female child but if this happens in Taurus, Mo being exalted would represent a male. 32. In Native’s case, Pi is a male sign, Sa is a neuter but the tie breaker is Ju. One should always look at the house and the lord’s association to determine the sex of the child. 33. Counting the third house backward from the first child, the second child would be represented by Cp. The lord is Sa and he is with Ju and this clearly indicates a male child. Sa is located in Pi which is a male sign. We can confidently predict a male child. rd 34. In Native’s case, to get to the next child, counting 3 house backwards, one has to cross over Rahu and this usually indicates the end. However, sometimes one may have one more child and then it ends. In Native’s case when one jumps over th Rahu and gets to Scorpio, Su, the 5 lord in Rasi (D1) aspected by Ju seems to be strong enough to make this happen. But this is tough to predict. 35. For determining the sex of the child, lords of Scorpio are Ma and Ke. One has to take the stronger between them. Dictum: The following three principles usually break the tie in determining the stronger of two planets. These principles have to applied is this sequence in order to determine the stronger of the two. a. The one with more planets b. The planet aspected by Ju, Me or dispositor of that house by Rasi drishti c. Whoever is exalted
36. In Native’s case - Ma is with zero planets but Ke is with Venus. Ke is stronger. Ke is with Ve - female, and in Ge a female sign. With confidence one can predict a female child. 37. Native’s daughter’s ASC is Ge. One would expect that her chart have a strong Venusian influence. Native is not sure. It is Ve who helped Ke become the lord and win over Ma, it is only because of Ve that Native had a female child. In such a case the influence of Ve would be very strong in the child’s chart. Saptamasa (D7) also passed the test. Drekkana (D3): Native did not look at it much. 38. Native has/had two elder brothers, one elder sister, one younger brother and two younger sisters. 39. Native’s immediate younger sister died. 40. Because the ASC is in Le and odd sign, one counts forward. For rd the next immediate sibling we take the 3 house from Le and this is Li. The lord of the house is Ve and Ve is located in Scorpio. For this sibling Scorpio would be taken as ASC. 41. Sex of sibling cannot be determined in Drekkana(D3) although in Native’s case it seems to work. By using the general dictums one can determine that the immediate elder is a male, the one elder to that one is also a male, and the one elder to that person is a female – Me with exalted Mo is a male, Ma is next, Sa is next with Ve is female. 42. Native’s immediate younger sister died when she was two years old. Taking Scorpio as ASC one can notice that all 3 planets Su, th th Sa and Me are all in MKS. For Scorpio ASC 8 lord Me is in 12 th th th from the 8 house, i.e., 7 house. 8 house represents longevity th and the lord being placed in the 12 from it shows alpa-ayush. th th th th Usually if 8 lord is in the 7 or if 7 lord is in 8 then it is not th good for long life. In addition, for Me 7 house is a MKS and this is particularly bad for longevity. For Le ASC, if Ju is in Aq. It is th bad but, for this combination this is even worse because 8 lord th Me is in the 7 house and in MKS. Dictum: Whenever a planet is in MKS in a chart, the house(s) it th own(s) are affected tremendously. For example, if 4 lord is in MKS then that person may have bad relationship with mother or mother may die early. Overall you can look at the chart and say that something bad will happen relating to those house matters. Tip: The Jagannatha Hora software shows planets in MKS by right clicking the mouse on the chart and selecting the option ‘planets in MKS. Dictum: Each planets MKS is listed below -
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
Su - 12 house; Mo - 8 house; Ma - 7 house; Mercury - 7 house, th rd th some classics also say 4 too; Ju - 3 house; Ve - 6 house; Sa st th 1 house; Rahu - 9 house; Ke does not have MKS; only causes Moksha. rd
43. The next sibling is a sister. The next sibling is 3 from Li, which is Sg. Lord Ju is in Vi (Vi is a female sign). One has to Vi as ASC for this sibling. This sibling’s chart was discussed in an earlier class. This sibling’s ex-spouse is a Software Engineer. For determining the spouse of this sibling, take the Upapada (UL) from sister’s ASC. In this case this is same as AL, which is Sg. th Taking Sg as ASC, 10 from Sg is Vi . The lord Mercury is in the th nd th th 6 house Taurus with exalted Moon. Amongst 2 , 6 and 10 th th houses, 6 is the strongest that too being the 10 lord. So Mercury is the deciding factor and naturally gives a logical person like a Software Engineer, Mathematician, etc. So, Drekkana(D3) passes the rectification test. Vimsamsa(D20) th 44. Mo is the Atma karaka and 5 lord occupying ASC, i.e., Pi. Dictum: If AK is in ASC in any amsa that means god comes to that person in that amsa. That is a great blessing. 45. In Native’s case, in spiritual matters he is very fortunate. 46. For Sri P. V. R. Narasimha Rao, AK is in ASC in Siddhama (D24) and learning comes to him very easily. Dictum: If Atma karaka (AK) is in ASC in Navamsa (D9) one is usually a king according to Parasura. Essentially one is very blessed with regards to Dharma and will do very good karma. th 47. In Native’s chart ASC lord Ju is in the 7 aspecting ASC and Mo th is also the 5 lord of devotion. This is a brilliant Maha Raja yoga th – combinations of ASC Lord, Ju, Atma karaka (AK) and 5 lord Mo in ASC. Native must be a very spiritual person. 48. Native has a special attachment to Lord Krishna. Special th attachment is shown by 5 house in Vimsamsa (D20). In this case one could expect it to be either Su (the occupant) or Lord of the house Moon. Mo is clearly dominating. Su would have given special attachment to Lord Shiva and/or Lord Sreerama. 49. Kula devatha for Native is Lord Veerabhadra – son of Lord Shiva. This seems very possible based on the chart. Ma is in the 2H – 2H shows Kula Devatha. Ve and Ma in Ar show a fiery deity. 50. Native is currently running Ju MD and this is very auspicious. Ju is the ASC lord and will cause a spiritual awakening. Ju and Mo start the Raja yoga – his spiritual pursuit will get a new start. Native started in Soundarya Lahari during this period and Sri P.
V. R. Narasimha Rao predicts that he will be a very important person in the organization if the chart is right. Sa Dasa for Native 51. Sa Dasa follows after Ju Dasa. th 52. In Vimsamsa, Sa is in the 12 house and in his own house giving Vimala yoga. Sa is also in his Moola Trikona. th
Dictum: 8 and 12 house are very important in Vimsamsa where the spiritual experiences take place. th 53. For Native, Sa is in the 12 house in Rasi (D1) and gives one spiritual experiences. th 54. Sa and Rahu are Badhakas in Rasi (D1) in the 12 house – which is very good. All inexplicable tensions will all come to an end during this period. th th 55. In Dasamsa (D10), Sa is 5 and 6 lord – so in this dasa he will th continue to work. Sa occupies the 12 house in Dasamsa (D10). th th 6 lord occupying the 12 house gives Vipareeta Raja yoga. There will be a sudden rise during this period. From AL Sa is in th the 9 – His image at work will be well protected. On the other th hand, Ju the AL lord is 6 from it and this is not bad. As far as his image is concerned during Ju Dasa it was not very good. From a material point of view – Native was considered a loser. Native looked like a laid back and relaxed person during the last th few years. But Sa will boost this image being 9 from AL. Sa is th the 5 lord too. In Sa dasa things happen slowly but not right away. In Sa dasa Native will rise to great heights. 56. Ju is in Anantamsa being more focused on spirituality, etc. However, Sa is in Indraamsa and will give him power and a rise. th 57. Ju must have given some health problems being in the 6 house in Rasi (D1) but Sa is well placed because he can remove these th issues being Badhaka in the 12 house. Some general dictums of physical appearance and health: 58. People with Ar ASC usually have a round face – almost like a circle. 59. There are some general guidelines with each ASC but more than the face one should look at how fat and how happy one is. 60. Somebody has big eyes there will be a strong Venusian influence in the chart. Ve in ASC, owning the ASC. There are some things that always work but there are things that do not work. 61. In native’s case it is Ar ASC with no planet and Su aspecting it. Body has a lot of fire in it and as a result it dehydrates the body. 62. Many people with a strong pitta/fire have a bald head. ASC has a strong Ma or Solar influence.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
63. If one sees Ju or Ve associated with ASC then the individuals have a lot of Kaffa in their body. They are well built, fat and stocky, have a thick oily hair. 64. People who are very emaciated have a strong vatta. 65. Vatta people are very thin, Pitta people are athletic and in between, Kaffa are fat. 66. Native has a lot of pitta and is going to see related problems. Ve and Ma are aspecting Ar ASC. Ve is influencing but strongest influence is Ma and Su, so there is some Kaffa because of Ve but Native is 80% pitta. 67. Ayurvedic Doctors if they perform the nadi, looking at the chart they can tell about the pitta. Ayurvedic doctors look at several lakshanas – Nadi, Heart, Urine, Stools, Coating on the tongue. If pitta is most dominant little bit of Sataavari, Gudichi, little of Brahmi in milk will be very good. Prakriti means inherent nature and Vikriti means changing nature in Ayurveda. Based on dasas and transit Vikriti changes causing problems. 68. Native’s nature is pitta but the problems can be found by dusthanas. Dictum: If any planet is connecting a dusthana with the ASC it th th brings disease to the person - 8 lord in ASC or 8 lord aspecting ASC. Shasthamsa (D6) 69. Native is running Ju dasa. th th th 70. Ju is 6 as well as 9 lord. Being the 6 lord Ju gives diseases th but on the other hand being the 9 lord he protects him. This is dasa is ok but not too great. Native will have some health problems during this dasa but nothing severe and extremely th th bad. Ju is 6 lord but Rahu and Ke being in the 6 house would want to give health problems. th th 71. In Sa dasa, it is 8 lord in 9 house afflicting ASC lord and this is bad. Native should watch out during this period. Mo will try to protect but Sa will want to give problems. Mo is blood and Native should watch out for blood pressure. Native should not aggravate his mind either. If any blood related problems arise, Native should address them immediately. Dictum: High Blood Pressure is caused by pitta. Low Blood Pressure is a weakness and caused by vatta. Pitta related planets afflicting Mo give High BP but Vatta related problems give Low BP. In Native’s case, Sa is Vatta type and this will give Low BP and this might get worse. Native already has low BP and should be careful.
Kasinath hora (D2) nd nd 72. 2 house is property. Ve is the 2 house lord in ASC and this shows good wealth when his dasa comes. th th rd 73. Ju is the Lord of 9 and 12 house occupying the 3 house. Ju th is in MKS. If a planet is in MKS it is bad. So that means the 9 house protection is withdrawn. That can give a lot of anxiety. Not a very good financial position right how. th th th 74. Sa is lord of 10 and 11 house in 12 and this is good because Sa is also the Badhaka. So, financial anxieties will be over and there will be relaxation and he will be spending more comfortably. th
Dictum: 12 lord in MKS shows inability to spend. th 75. In Native’s case because Sa is the 11 house lord, during Sa th dasa Native will earn a lot but will spend it because Sa is in 12 house and with no anxiety or pain because Sa is also the th Badhaka in 12 house. Summary/Conclusion After Sa dasa comes Native will become more spiritual and gain new heights in spirituality. His financial situation will be stable but health may be more problematic. Overall there is more good and less trouble. Spiritual Sadhana can cause more detachment and depression – Mo being afflicted with Sa. Sa afflicting Mo in Trimsamsa (D30) can make a person suicidal. Native has done a commendable job rectifying his birth time. Sunrise definition There are three Sunrise definitions allowed in the software: 1. Edge of Su is on the eastern horizon 2. Center of Su is on the eastern horizon 3. The first easy of Sun-light hit the eastern horizon – this can very arbitrary based on weather conditions and not a good way of timing Sunrise. But Sanjayji uses this method while nd Sri P.V. Narasimhaji used the 2 definition. When ASC and Su are exactly opposite to each other it is the beginning of the Sunset. When Su rises both GL and HL are exactly at the longitude of Su and then they move at various speeds – GL moves at the 5 times the speed of ASC and HL moves at 2 times the speed of ASC.
Lesson #27 Compiled by Kiran Chandrashekar Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart 1: Lady; Jan 21, 1970; 10 50pm; Palakollu (81e44 16n32), 5:30EGMT. The modified birth time is 10:47:54 pm. a. Discussion of Dasamsa(Change of career), Navamsa and Saptamsa analysis 2. Example Chart 2: Male, Apr 4 1970, 17:47:13 Machilipatnam, India. a. Important Note about Sookshma antardasa, Prana antardasa and Deha antardasa. b. Navamsa: Arranged marriage or Love marriage. c. Navamsa: Analysis of spouse using Navamsa d. Graha arudhas introduction e. Highlight – Special Saptamsa condition. Key Points: Example Chart 1: 1. Dasamsa (D10) - Lagna in D10 is scorpio. 2min6secs earlier, Lagna changes from Li to Scorpio. 2. Events to rectify chart: a. First job Nov 95, worked as a computer consultant (software engineer). b. Second job - 2001, program executive, producing and directing TV programs (change of career - media). 3. Note: Planets expected in artha trikona. Planet for software is Ke; Planets for media is Ve. Why? Do actors, producers and directors are all shown by Ve? 4. In general, the planet representations are a. Su - king, b. Mo - minister c. Me - scholar d. Ju - raja purohit, e. Sa - laborer, main focus of the job is discipline, mean hard laborious jobs in the lower rung of the society. f. Ve - analogy is dancing girl, actor/actress, strong Ve in the 10th house (Tom Hanks, Aishwarya Rai) g. These people are analogous to dancing girls (don’t read literally, metaphor). You look at these analogies and you can tell what kind of profession is person is engaged in. 5. Difference between Ve and Mercury a. Ve is the planet of creativity, beauty, entertains others.
9. 10. 11.
b. Me is the planet of putting thoughts together, communication, author, writer, journalism, media, mathematician, logician, software. c. Ve is the poet, creativity, jala tatwa planet. Poems fit into a form but very fluid. Its not always clear what the poet is trying to communicate and of fluid nature and can be interpreted in many ways. d. Me - represents bhoo tatwa, solid clear form, writing shown by Me - stories, novels etc… e. In the chart of a director, you may not find a Ve, instead a strong Me. f. Chart of TV producer - expect a strong Me in 10th house, to design, plan how things will be put together, form and make sure that it is achieved.Ra is the planet of research, illusion, cinematographer photographer and magician. Career is given by Me. Ra and Su and Ve (showbiz) have argala on Me. Career has Venusian and solar influence (whatever she does, good at developing contacts). So, it makes sense to move the ASC in D10 to Li. The D10 ASC of this native is indeed Li. Argala definitions revisited - From any house, a. 2nd house called “dhanargala” is of resources that influence that house. b. 4th house, called “sukha argala”, is what gives comfort/peace relating to this particular house c. 11th house, called “labha argala” is what motivates this particular house matters. d. 5th house, called “sutha argala” is of special abilities/aptitudes that influence that particular house of interest. Argala of Ra shows resources used in mercurial career are of Ra type (some kind of illusion equipment). Argala of Ve & Su in 5th house – Su gives ability to create contacts and use them. Su has authority (telling people what to do). Lord of 2, 4, 5 and 11 are ignored. ONLY the occupants of these houses are important in the decisive influence over a particular house, in this case, Lagna. Argala and Virodargala does function depending on dasas/antardasas. Argala will prevail over Virodhargala if there are more planets in the house causing the argala. Mo is 10th L in 6th house (Jupiter’s house and Ju is adi mitra), shows good results, successfully overcomes all obstacles. Person works hard though. Mo has virodargala on Ve and Su. Native commands influence and is marred to some extent by her eagerness to involve in all the details and get things done.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
12. Dasa: Chandra vimsottari, since none of the special conditions apply and Mo is much stronger than Lagna (i.e. Mo has more planets in quadrants compared to agna) 13. First job in 1995, Me-Me dasa gave her job. In D-10, 9thL Me in 10th, 9th house shows purva punya and lord being in the 10th house is good. 3 planets (Me, Ve and Su) in artha trikonas are in Isaana amsa and Mo is in Ananta amsa - had the planet in 10th house been Ju or Ke, this person would have been in religious line. Since the planets involved are Ve/Su/Mo, this person works in TV and broadcasting (mass media). There will be streaks of religiosity/spirituality such a native’s career. Note, this will manifest certainly since the indications are strong. If this person were a writer, she would write devotional books. Overall approach/karma of the person in professional matters is, ASC being in Varunamsa, it shows patience, relationship with a lot of people, engaging in business. Ttypically, people management and interfacing. 14. This person is purely a service person. th 15. 10L in 6 – one artha trikona Lord in another artha trikona 16. 7L Ma (karaka for 3rd house) is in 3rd house of initiative and 3rd house happens to be agni rasi. Ffiery planet in a fiery sign shows strong determination - when this native wants to do something in career, she will do it. Her image is decided by Ma since Ma is in AL (Sg) - seen as a dharmik person and one who gets things done (a warrior, who finishes what she embarks upon). Because of Ma, the balance has tilted and you cannot say that this person is service nature. 17. Observation: She has an ad agency. People who know her know as her as an entrepreneur (mars is the significator, Ma is associated with 3rd and 7th house). Very dynamic, aggressive spirit, strong desires and work towards achieving those desires. Ma is in Brahma amsa - digging downward direction, research and creating minute plans. 18. 7th L Ma in agni rasi shows transformation, engineering. Creative engineers who design something and jump into business. They have an idea and jump into it. Brahma amsa is very careful planning. Had Ma been in Nirriti amsa, some illegal underground kind of activity or someone who comes up with a very untraditional and path breaking idea. 19. Will Me dasa (1996-2011) be good or bad for career? Me dasa is good for career since 9th L in 10th. Me has papakartari, hemmed between 2 malefics, Sa and Ra, end result it is as if they are with mercury. Sa owns 4 & 5 and Ra owns 5th...if the 5th and 9th lords are together, then its a maha raja yoga. Bottom line is that they are malefics. Note the same was the case with Swami Jayendra Saraswati. At the ground level, she will reach a
powerful position, but there may be by illegal means. Darapada (A7) is the kind of people you associate with and it has Ra (mafia, undesirable, outcast, untraditional), particularly in Ra AD, it is more possible. This person may have a tendency to associate with such people. Word of caution: Me-Ra (Oct 2003 – May 2006 ), bhoga falls in the 12th house. For any AD, if bhoga falls in 12th house, there will be loss. If she doesn’t give up something voluntarily, then something will be taken away. Ra, in the 11th house, and in A7 also shows businesses - makes her engage in something that will result in her desires manifest. But, what happens is the bhoga, where the results (fruits of the effort) are being forced to be experienced. Ke – Ra (2014-2015), bhoga 7th from Ra is 5th house indicates recognition of her abilities. Me – Ju (2005 May – 2008 Aug) AD, Ju debilitated, 3rd and 6th lord is part of Jaya yoga. 10th Lord is strong and 6th L is weak, then Jaya yoga, victory over enemies. 10th L is not exalted but in an adhi mitra sthana, akin to exaltation and 6th L is debilitated, kind of jaya yoga. If bhoga falls in the 10th house, then it is very good - some very important developments in the career. A period that is very good and is remembered. In this D-10 a. Me – Ju bhoga is in 10th house. b. Me – Me, bhoga in 10th house. c. Me - Mo - bhoga in 2nd house, 2nd house is the strongest artha trikona, dhana yoga, more venutian and solar yogas, many arudhas in Sc, hence more important. Me - Ve (1997-2000) its in the 6th house, some setbacks, but not very important developments in career. sookshma antardasas has to point something happening in the course of a few days, deha antardasa must point to a particular activity at any point in the day. Based on the focus you want, you pick the AD, PD or SAD or DAD. Navamsa analysis continued after example 2.
Example Chart 2: 26. At the time of this class (10:32AM) the dasa is - Ra Deha AD (6am-2pm) in Ju Praana AD. See D24 (something related to learning), bhoga experienced in 10th house(karma), pisces with Ju, can show teaching vedic or traditional knowledge (related to pisces/jupiter). Whenever bhoga falls in 10th house, he will be engaged in activities related to spreading learning. 27. Me Sookshma-antardasa in Ju Pratyantardasa (Dec 19 – Jan 5), 8 day period spent with family - Lot of happiness experienced in this period (he was traveling in the south-west enjoying with
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
family). In rasi, BHOGA falls in 2nd house, stands for family, Venusian house. For entertainment/having fun, there is another chart which will be discussed later. Important Note about Sookshma antardasa, Praana antardasa and Deha antardasa and Priorities to be given for various dasas: 28. Maha dasa - Su (sthoola AK); Antar dasa - Moon; Pratyantardasa - lagna. 29. Again, it will be sun/moon and lagna at a different level. Sookshma-antardasa - AK (sookshma AK); Praana antardasa PP (pranapada Lagna) analogous to moon; Deha antardasa Lagna again. 30. Consider Me (SAD). Mo is AK, no CK replacement. From Mo, Sookshma AD Lord, Me is in the 3rd house - travel, initiative, spending time with siblings 31. Kalamsa or D16 shows consciousness, mental concept of pleasure. What relives the mind and what troubles it. This is the chart to be seen for fun, pleasure/displeasure and knowledge of vehicles 32. In Ju – Me dasa Me is in 9th house and bhoga falls in the 7th house. Houses for enjoying are kama trikonas, 3, 7 and 11. When you talk about experiences, arudhas are important and the arudha in the 7th house is A3 - meaning short travel. Houses show intangible things while their arudhas show tangible things. What happens in career (D10) during this time, From Ju, Me is in 5th house and bhoga falls in Lagna - good time in career. Sa in lagna, there will be hard work to do. Its not in 6th or 8th house, he had to scramble to get things done before leaving on vacation. Ju PAD is getting over that afternoon and Sa PAD is beginning. Bhoga is in the 5th house of recognition of abilities. Judge PAD from PP lagna in D10 (assume PPL to be accurate even though th it changes faster than lagna). Sa is in 8 from PPL. So, native will be working very hard the next few days (if its in the rasi chart, native will be working hard throughout life). 33. It is not recommended to use PPL until you are super sure birth time is correct. Dasas can be wrong, some opine that VD is 120 days and 5 days. Therefore, it is possible that the correction of 1 day by Narasimha has worked. Pt Sanjay Raths grandfather rectified lagna and Mo using events spread across hours to rectify birth time. Example 1 Navamsa: 34. Woman is married. Lagna changes 4.5 minutes back and 9.25 minutes forward. Lagna is mostly accurate. There is a slim chance that it is 4.5 minutes back. Could be Ta or Ge.
35. Married, march 7 1993. Ju is in the 8th house, but his agenda is in the 7th house. LL in the 2nd house never kills, but gives troubles, anxiety relating to marriage, it will not be smooth. Bottom line is, he is the 7th lord, and being in the 8th house, will advance the agenda of the 7th house, will use the resources of the 8th house (anxiety and tension) to advance his agenda. 36. At the level of MD, Su is important. At the level of AD and Arudhas, Mo is important and during the AD lord’s period, whichever bhoga or arudha he touches will be triggered. 37. Ju being 7th lord in Rasi and Navamsa and placed in UL in D9, (UL being manifestation of giving in the physical plane) shows how native will fulfill dharmic activities as husband and wife. Physical compromises and living as husband and wife are from UL in Rasi. Rasi is more important and for some Navamsa is more important. 38. Ve is combusted by sun, when Ve dasa comes, its not all that great. Arranged marriage or Love marriage? 39. 5th house - future and 9th shows past, whenever Link between Ve, Darapada and 5th house are involved in Rasi or Navamsa such people are romantic and tend to fall in love. 40. Ve is in the 5th house, aspects A7 and in D9, LL Me goes into 5th and 5th Lord Ve exalted, she fell in love but not sure if that would end in marriage. 41. 5th house is the house of emotion, Darapada is the people you know and Ve shows romance. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you marry such person. If these are also associated with UL, it ends in marriage. Ve is in 8th from UL and not likely to give marriage. 42. She knew the person for quite some time (2yrs). You look at UL in Rasi and 7th house in Navamsa. UL shows first marriage and 8th from UL shows second spouse and so on. There was no official marriage, if a person was connected to another and looked at the other person as a spouse, astrologically, that is a marriage. UL will show a strong relationship. 43. Sg as 7th house shows the first person she was connected to would be righteous and dynamic person. 44. UL is the marriage, and 2nd and 9th houses are also important. 2nd to UL, bringer of the marriage has to be strong. UL has Mo and 9th from it has Ra (signifies purva punya) and Ra is inimical to moon, therefore purva punya not conducive to bringing about the marriage (you can consider there was not enough strength to make this happen). Ra is the outcast and being in 9th not good (adharmic). Parents and society may not have agreed to this marriage or considered it appropriate.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
45. In Rasi, 2nd marriage shown by Cp (Ve, Su). Sa, Ra brought this marriage as Ra is in Aq and Sa is lord of Aq. Sa brought the marriage - traditional. th th 46. In D9, Cn is 8 from Sg (7 ) and shows the husband. LL Mo is in 12th with Sa. Mo+Sa combination people are generally prone to depression and they are very sensitive. 47. Ma (2nd) shows aggressive speaker. 10th from Cn – Ar (Ra) and Ma are the planets - engineering. 48. 7th Lord Ju in 8th house is neecha and relationship is strained. Lagna having Mo (mind) and Sa (sadness) shows suicidal tendencies. 49. 9th L is in marana karaka sthana - says that dharma will not be maintained all through marital life. th 50. Professionally, native is a lucky lady. Marriage suffers though. 9 (fortune) in marana karaka sthana and ASC and Mo are affected by Sa. LL can alleviate but he is with Ke (dissipation, burning th and is 6 lord of quarrels) in the 5th house. 51. Navamsa is not just marriage - Pillar on which rest of existence stands. Fortune that native is getting in this life stands on D9. Based on it you are given some abilities and you have certain th th duties to fulfill. Ju in 8 is 9 lord in marana karaka sthana and is with 6th L Ke. Note about Graha Arudhas: 52. House lords show animation, the life force . 53. 4th house shows - assimilation of learning (inanimate). A4 tangible aspect of learning shows place, books etc. 4th L is the engine (life force behind learning, application of intelligence to learn) driving the learning. 54. All house lords show application of intelligence towards that house’s activity - All grahas are narayanas - application of th intelligence to achieve a certain activity. For example, 7 Lord shows application of intelligence towards relationships, native’s or native’s wife’s intelligence. Both are the same. Life force within native and others is the same. When you talk about house and house lords, you are talking about the truth. All these intelligences which seem to be different are one and the same. If you see them as different, then you are in the world of maya. 55. Narayana is sathya and Lakshmi is maya. When each person is created, certain intelligence goes within that person. House Lords show universal intelligence applied to that house. th 56. To see the spouse in particular - see the arudha of 8 house from lord of 7th house and this is shown software as L2. We are nd th th seeing 2 house since it is 8 from 7 due to marriage. Native’s own arudha falls in Aq (Sa) and L2 is in Le (Su). These 2 planets are king and poor laborer and they don’t get along well. That is
the reason why she is unhappy and She is more depressed than him. 57. Remedy: Not much can be done. This chart itself has lot of weaknesses. L1 and L2 are Sa and Su. Current Husband (from nd 2 marriage) is very selfish and things look bad. Tell the native to fast on UL day which is Cp. This is in Rasi. The original UL is nd nd in Ge. But, due to the 2 marriage the 2 UL is in Cp. Propitiate nd the lord of 2 from UL (Aq) which Sa. Fast on Saturdays and end of the day pray to Balaji before breaking the fast. 58. Never as an astrologer advise divorce. It is not good. 59. She needs to have some sukha from married life. 4th house is the house of mental comfort. 4th lord (Me) unfortunately with 6th L(Ke) in 5th. Ketu, rudra swaroopa brings unhappiness. You have to appease Ke and slow him down. Pray to Ganesha and Vishnu on Fridays (5th house is libra). Some comfort can be realized in married life. Saptamsa Analysis: 60. ASC Cn is even sign and 5L will give first child. She lost first pregnancy. 5L is Ke with 6L Ju in 6th house -possible that there may not have been a pregnancy at all. 61. Next child, Sa is with Ra. They are friends and the pregnancy will survive. 62. Next pregnancy does not make sense. 63. Note, when there are 2 marriages, the rules for seeing children are different. 7th house shows marriage and the gains (11H) from 7H show children a.k.a. 5th house. The even/oddity of ASC is the same. Since this is the 2nd marriage, 8th from 7th is the 2nd house, Le (odd sign, count forward) which shows the 2nd marriage. Gains from this marriage (11th house) are children thus, Ge shows the first child. Lord of Ge, Me is in Ar. Lagna of the child is Ar (Marsian) and/or Mercurian influence... Above analysis is wrong, we made a big mistake. First child from 2nd marriage is given by Ge, and there was an abortion - 8th Lords sa+ra are in Ge, chance of pregnancy lost is possible. If this person came to you after marriage, you can tell them to propitiate Me (Lord Vishnu), the first child would have survived. 64. Second child (first survived child) is 3rd from Ge, Leo, lord Su is positioned in Le (Odd sign shows boy) but, see the lord of the sign and who is he with. In this case Le lord Su is with Ve (female planet) hence, its a girl. 65. Third from Le is Li, lord Ve with Su (male planet), hence a boy. nd ASC for 2 child is in Li. Children’s spouses - see UL of their Lagnas. First Child - Daughter
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
66. For children’s spouses, see UL. First child is daughter whose ASC was found above to be in Le. SO, UL for this is in Ta. So, Daughter's husband’s Lagna is Ta. 67. UL is in taurus indicates committed, pragmatic and hardworking. 68. Sa+Ra in 2nd house indicates not being talkative. 69. 5L Me in 12th indicates very pious person + occult knowledge + very knowledgeable. 70. Ju, Mo and Ke 8th house - occult knowledge, sankhya sastra. Second Child - Son 71. When Paaka falls in the same house, you take the sign itself instead of the paaka as the lagna of the child. For first child, we got Le lagna and LL Su is in Le and Le becomes paaka of the first child. nd 72. For 2 child, ASC is in Li. LL Ve is in Le and since Le has been taken, we take Li itself as the paaka of the second child. So, UL falls in Sc. 73. Sc ASC indicates the person to be secretive, passionate. nd 74. Ju and ke in 2 house shows sphutavak, very talkative. 75. Sa and Ra in 8th house shows very hardworking, suffering throughout life. Ra in 8th is very bad. a. 8th is not a malefic sign, it is a dusthana (neutral) sign. Ma, Sa, and Ra are good in 3, 6, 11 (only in Paapa sthanas) and any other houses are bad. Growth is through the papa sthanas only. b. Ma in 8th shows short life. c. Ra in 8th sign shows terrible shocks. d. Ra/Sa in 12th shows terrible suffering in life e. For only the papa sthanas are good. f. upachayas are 3, 6, 10 , 11(houses of accumulation) and interesting that papa sthanas are part of upachayas. 10th house is karma sthana, therefore you grow through papas or karma. 76. In summary, 2nd child will get married to some girl who has seen more than her share of shocks in her life. How long has she been living separately? 77. Ref to D-9. Me dasa - Me is with Ke in Li - Me-Ke AD is bad and will serve as the trigger. Me-Ra bhoga is in 5H (Me+Ke), If LL Me wasn’t there, Ke's agenda would have been separation. By default, Ke’s agenda is separate people, it wants people to get married, have children and attain moksha. Being 6L of quarrels in the 5th house is even bad and it would have pushed for its agenda. Me being LL gives some positive hope. Ke will get disgust from the desire to break the marriage. In the balanced sign of Libra, there seems to be some hope of some how getting along.
78. For marriage, kama trikonas are important. Ra, 9L in 11th house having labha argala on lagna, there will be work done towards protecting the marriage. 2005 TP: 79. HL (king of the year) is Mecury Me in Rasi chart has Parivartana - 2L in 5H and 5L in 2H is not a raja yoga but a good placement 5th house of emotions and 2nd house of family. Emotions relating to family are going to be good. 80. In D9, a. LL Me is in the 4th house of comfort. Ve in the 3rd house indicates cheerfulness. 8L Ma in 7H indicates danger of ending the marriage. b. Su + Ra are eclipsed in the 8th house. c. HL Me is well placed and associated with the lagna. d. Ju the badakesha is well placed in the 12th house. Its excellent. 81. Whichever planets are well placed w.r.t HL will get their agenda pushed. As a result Ju will be able to advance his agenda fully in the year (Me-Ju parivartana). Badha is got rid of in this year. Inexplicable worries in the year will end and since this is the annual chart, these results need to be super imposed on the predictions from the natal chart. Most likely, these results will be given in Ju dasa - since Ju is in the 12th house, something has to be given up. Most likely, there will be a compromise and things will get resolved. Further advise, pray to HL of 2005 TP – Me (Vishnu) and get some pooja done to Lakshmi Narayana, this will be a good year for her.
Lesson #28 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart 1: Male, 16 Sep 1961; 14:22 hrs IST; 78E30 and 17N27; Secundrabad India – discussed his astrological learning using D24 chart using Chaturaseeti Sama dasa. 2. Example Chart 2: Male, Aug 20, 1944, 7:12:45 AM, 72E49, 18N58, India – discussed political power, love marriage etc. 3. Example Chart 3,4,5: 3 males, Aug 31,1965; 2:9:27 AM IST, Kakinada India / June 13, 1949, 10:52:4 AM IST, Palayamkottai, India / May 21, 1974, 3:58 PM IST, Bangalore, India - Discussed where their spouse comes from and how the marriage was arranged. 4. Example Chart 6: An astrologer's chart, Aug 7, 1963; 9:15 PM IST, 83E45, 23N13 India - discussed how the astrology knowledge came from his grand father. Key Points: nd th 1. D24 – 2 (application of occult knowledge, prediction), 5 th th (overall intelligence), 8 (occult knowledge you learn) and 11 (4th from 8th is learning occult knowledge) are the important houses for learning occult knowledge. 2. D24- Link b/n atmakaraka and 11th, means soul level connection for learning astrology. It is very important. 3. If you are checking somebody's status use Arudha LA. th 4. D24 – 4 house is for grasping and 5th house is retention. Check their lords. 5. For political power, Su is the karaka. 6. In D10, 9th lord in the 10th house shows that the career comes with no effort, naturally. 7. Result exchange won't happen if Su is with Ke or Su is with Ra in the same house. However, if Ju and Su are in the same house, they do exchange their results. 8. If the antardasa bhoga falls in 8th house, in D10, shows big set back. 9. In D12, 4th house is the Lagna of mother and 9th is that of father. Grand father (maternal) is shown by 9th from 4th in D12. 10. D1,D9 - When A7 is in venusian sign, then that person may fall in love. Mo and Ve are karakas for love; 11. To see where the spouse will come from, check the 7th lord from Ve in D1/D9. (ex: if the 7th lord from Ve is located in the 11th, may be a friend referred the spouse)
12. D9 - If the 7th lord from Ve is in movable sign, then the spouse will come from far away place. If in fixed sign then spouse is from the same town; dual sign it's mixed; 13. Su is the planet of dharma. 14. D9 - If the 7th lord from Ve is Sun, father arranges the marriage; Mo shows mother arranges it; Ma for brother; Ju shows grand father, Me shows uncle etc.. 15. In D7, if there is a Parivartana, then there is a change in the expected sex of the child. Ex: If by normal rules you get a girl, then due to the exchange, it would be a boy. 16. Ra and Ke in the 2nd house show that the prediction is based on intuition not based on solid logic.
Lesson #29 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Introduction to Narayana Dasa (ND, rasi-based dasa. 2. Discussed in detail, the 3 types of analysis using Narayana dasa and antardasas. 3. Example chart 1: Discussed a lady's chart, Nov 11, 1965; 7:57 PM IST, Narsapur, AP, India 84E48, 16N34 for adoption. Key Points: 1. ND talks about the ultimate truth. th 2. Brahma lives in Lagna. Shiva governs the 7 house. Narayana is either with Brahma (Lagna) or with Shiva (7th house). 3. Choosing where to start the ND is based on the following: a. more planets in that sign (ASC or 7th) b. Ju, Me, or the lord of the sign aspects (in ND, use only rasi aspects). c. Exalted planets in that house. d. Oddity of the sign and lord. If both are different, that wins. e. Look at the degrees occupied by the lord of the sign. The more the better. 4. For further progressions, follow the order below. a. For a movable sign (Brahma) follow regular order. (i.e. next sign, next to next sign etc..). b. For fixed signs (Shiva) take the 6th from that sign. c. For a dual sign (Vishnu), go by 1, 5, 9 (dharma trikonas), then 10, 2, 6 (artha trikonas) then 7, 1, 3 (kama trikonas). 5. One you decide on the starting sign, going forward or backward is based on the 9th from the dasa sign. If the 9th sign is odd footed (from the dasa sign), then go forward. Else go backward. (Ar, Ta, Ge, Li, Sc, Sg are odd footed; Cn, Le, Vi, Cp, Aq, Pi are even footed signs). 6. Maximum duration for ND is 144 years. 7. 3 different angles to interpret the chart using ND are: a. See where Narayana is placed. See the current ND with respect to natal Lagna (ex: say Ar dasa is the 8th house from natal LA, of occult knowledge, working hard etc). b. See the progressed ASC and take that as ASC and analyze the chart. (Take the dasa sign as ASC if progression starts from ASC itself. Else take 7th from the dasa sign as ASC and analyze the chart).
Lesson #29 c.
Check the antardasa results using dasa pravesha chakra (DPC) for the particular ND of interest. Take DPC ASC as reference to check the antardasa periods. Check the influence of the ND lord and that sign's placement in this dasa pravesha chart to judge this dasa in general. 8. Narayana shows your efforts and Lakshmi shows the blessings.
Lesson #30 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Discussion of a chart on Narayana dasa(ND) to check the Sg & Aq antardasa in Sg ND using period entry chart (dasa pravesha chart). Example: Male, April 4, 1970; 17:47:13 IST, Machilipatnam, India 2. Discussion of chart to see the Jaya yoga in D10 - George W. Bush. Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”) 3. Discussion of a puzzle (devastating event happened in native’s life) presented by Vikram Sinhvi (April 7, 1971, 6:11AM, IST; 73E40,26N40) in the yahoo vedic group, using ND, Vimsottari dasa and Tithi Pravesa charts. Key Points: 1. 10 lord in 8th, gives disturbance / instability in the career. 2. 10 lord in 11th, career will be good and lot of money will be made in that period 3. 6th lord debilitated and 10th lord strong, gives raise to Jaya yoga. Victory over enemy during the dasa/antardasa of these 6th and 10th lords. 4. 8th lord shows unexpected things. 8th house shows hidden things. 8th lord shows working hard. 5. Ra and Ma show electronics area of study. 6. 5th house in D10 shows recognition in the career. 7. 9th lord, 12th lord and badhakasthana show displacement / foreign travel. 8. 12th and 8th house can show spiritual aspects such as kundalini rising. 9. 11th house shows gains. 10. Marana karaka Sthana (MKS) for Su is 12th, Mo is 8th, Ma and Me are 7th, Ve is 6th, Sa is 1st, Ra is 9th and Ju is 3rd house. Houses owned (significations) by the MKS will be spoiled. 11. 7th house is the maraka (2nd) for a person in service (6th). 7th house in D10 shows loss of service or start of business. 12. Su is a karaka for service. 13. Combust planets loose its power. (Ex: Ve) 14. 8th lord in AL, will give change in image (good/bad). 15. Sign/house shows circumstances/situations whereas their lord shows the intelligence applied or the conscience. 16. 9th from AL protects the image. 17. Parivartana b/n dusthana and kendra lord is not good, whereas Parivartana between kendra and kona lords is very good.
18. D10, 3rd house shows short break and 8th house shows long break and retirement in the career. 19. D10, 12th house planet from AL, shows the loss of image in the career. 20. Whenever the 8th lord is associated with any raja yoga, that raja yoga gets weakened. 21. In D10, to see for job opportunities, look for planets in 5th house, A5 and 5th from AL. 22. To see the Ra and Ke advancement in a house, subtract their o longitude from 30 and use. However to see how close they are in conjunction with other planets in that house, just take their longitudes as it is. 23. If Ra afflicts Ju, pray to Su for help. OTH, if Ra afflicts Su, pray to Ju for help. 24. A10 shows the things that have been accomplished in the career or karma. 25. LL in 8th house means willingly working hard (Karma yogi). 26. Ra or Ke in the 2nd house can give intuitive predictions.
Lesson #31 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Example chart 1: Sep 16, 1961, 14:22 IST, Secunderabad, India - Discussion regarding an important change in his career recently. Chart using Tithi Pravesha chart and Narayana dasa,. 2. Example chart 2: Male. Nov 23, 1966, 5:10 AM IST, Thirivallur, India. Discussion of a puzzle about an event happened in his work place, using Tithi pravesha chart. 3. Example chart 3: Discussion of a lady's chart, Sep 12th 1971, 8:25 IST, Guntur, India for the marriage event in Leo Narayana dasa (ND). Key Points: 1. In Tithi pravesha, the star need not be the same as birth star. It will just follow the difference b/n Su and Mo. 2. Check whether ASC is in border before prediction. 3. 8th lord in A10 or 10th house or 10th from AL, shows some changes in the actual work (tangible work), good/bad. 4. Look at the sahamas owned by the planet and the actual house where the planet is posited in that 5. chart. (ex: Me is at 8 degrees Le. It owns Vi and Ge. Now look at the sahamas related to Le, Vi and Ge and see the sahamas o close to this 8 for areas of importance during Me's dasa/antardasa). 6. In D10, A2 shows the tangible resources that you use at your work. 7. Planets in the 11th from AL should give gains in the image materially. 8. In ND, Ke in the 8th house from the dasa ASC gives occult studies. 9. 10th lord in 3rd house gives contract job, short travel or lot of travel. 10. A retro planet in the 7th gives strong desires. 11. A planet in retro and debilitation is akin to exaltation. 12. Ju being 10th lord with Ra gives a death blow to the job. 13. 6th lord in LA, affects one's intelligence. 14. Ma is the planet for enterprise and Me is the planet for trade in D10. 15. Any benefic from 3rd from AL means he/she doesn't take initiative or have boldness. It is good for a saint. Also a debilitated malefic in the 3rd from AL, is as good as a benefic, which is bad.
16. 5th lord, LL and the planets in the 5th show going back to the motherland. 17. 6th house shows bramachariya / bachelorhood. (Marana karaka sthana for Ve) 18. Use arudha's lightly in the ND dasa pravesha chart. 19. 9th lord's agenda is to give fortune and karma. But placement in 8th, the results are given by change, uncertainty, instability etc.
Lesson #32 Compiled by Sourav Chowdhury Topics Covered: 1. Puzzle: Male born on August 29, 1958, 11:44 P.M. (5 Hrs West of GMT), Gary, Indiana, USA (87W20’47”, 41N35’36”). [Please note the time zone is 5 hrs west and not 6 hrs west as given in the Jagannatha Hora]. Find from the D-10 his likely career. 2. Narayana Dasa analysis of the Puzzle Chart. 3. Introduction to Narayana Dasa for Divisional Charts. D-10 of the Puzzle Data analyzed. 4. Example Chart 2: Male born on September 16, 1961, 2:22 P.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Secundrabad, India (78E30’, 17N27’). D24 Narayana Dasa analyzed with focus on occult knowledge. 5. Example Chart 3: August 31, 1965, 2:09:27 A.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Kakinada, India (82E13’ 16N56’) 6. Example Chart 4: February 25, 1963, 8:45:29 P.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Nellore, India (79E58’ , 14N26’) 7. Discussion about utility of astrology and how it should be applied for remedial measures. Key Points: 1. Question: Does there have to be Ra/Ke in the 9H for foreign trip to happen during the period of the Narayana Dasa of the 9H sign? Ans: Not necessarily. The involvement of 9H or 12H and their lords with Ra/Ke is suffice. Ra is the karaka for the project of foreign travel. The house, say 9H, represents the project, the planet th in the 9H represents the persons working in the project, the 9 lord is the manager of these persons. If the karaka (Ra) has sufficient control, or if the karaka is a good friend of the people-manager, then the project will be done successfully. This is true in Rasi and also in D-4. Puzzle Chart: 2. In D-10, 10H (Career) is empty. 10L Ve is weak being with enemy Ju, but forms Raja yoga as Ju is 5L. LL Su is in 5H (Abilities, Recognition). Overall, a successful person. 3. 6H has exalted Ma – service-type career likely. A10 (formal career) is in the 7H (desire) – business is also possible. But career is indicated by the strongest amongst the 2H, 6H and 10H. 10H is strongest being aspected by its lord Ve which is in
Raja yoga with Ju. Ve is responsible for entertainment-type career. Here is a similarity with Aishwariya Rai’s D-10 Chart. The person who has 5L (fame/following) stronger than the 10L (achievement) will have a lot of fan-following/adulation much more in proportion to his achievements. 5L and 10L conjoining is good as it indicated that there is a link between the two aspects. Ma is good in 3H, 6H and 11H. Ma is exalted in 6H. To see if this is good, see lordship. Ma is 4L (comfort) and 9L (fortune/dharma) – therefore yogakaraka. Hence exaltation is very good. Exalted 9L in D-10 indicates lot of easy luck, whereas debilitated 9L shows lack of protection and need to work hard for achievements. Public Image: Ke in AL – headless/crazy or highly spiritual. AL in Martian sign – possibly a leader in his field or go-getter/dynamic person. Planets in trines to AL (Me & Su) will boost/protect the person’s image during their dasas. Ve/Ju conjunction is a good raja yoga aspecting AL by rasi-drishti, hence their effects will manifest in bettering the image of the person. More than graha-drishti, rasidrishti is considered for the permanent influences on AL. In D-9, planets in trine to ASC (Su & Ju) indicate talents/abilities. Su represents rhythm/music and Mo represents melody/singing. LL Mo is exalted. Singing or musical ability is prominent. To see if he writes his own lyrics, see if there is any Ve-influence (song/poem/imaginative writing) in the 3H. Me-influence shows prose /scholarly writing. This person is Michael Jackson. He is fighting litigation at present. From Tithi Pravesha (2004-2005) Chart, will this person go to jail during this period? Hora Lord Ma indicated main events of the year. It is 5L and 12L placed with 9L Su and 7L Me in the 9H (Leo) – protection. Bandhana Sahamam is at the end of Cp; th its lord Sa doesn’t have a strong connection with the 12 L or H. From the Tithi Pravesha (2005-2006) Chart, Sa is Hora Lord, 6L and 7L in 12H in parivartana with Mo. Ra is very close to Bandhana Sahamam in Pi in 8H. Chances of imprisonment are there but are weak. From the Tithi Pravesha (2006-2007) Chart, Hora Lord and LL Me is in 12H with 12L Su and Ve (Bandhana Sahamam Lord). There is a strong connection for imprisonment. This is similar to Swami Jayendra Saraswati’s chart. Here Su is likely to cause imprisonment. The order of maleficence is Ve
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
5H from AL give a boost to the image and in the 9H from AL protects/maintains the image. 13. In the Rasi Chart, Me is in Raja yoga (4L and 5L) with Su in the 4H – Sri Vishnu’s blessings. Next Mahadasa is Ke starting from Feb 28, 2006. Ke is a malefic in the 12H with its lord (Ma) – likely to give imprisonment in Ke dasa. 12L alone in 12H forms a good yoga, Vimala Yoga. But with other planets can cause problems like huge expenses/hospitalization/imprisonment i.e. 12H significance of some kind of giving-up of things important to the person. GL in 12H shows the event of imprisonment will be famous. Ke in 12H can also signify some spiritual development. This can be verified from D-20. 14. Ke dasa runs till 2013. Chances of getting out of prison are very slim till the next Dasa which is Ve. Ve dasa is very promising for a new lease of life/career. Ve is LL well placed in the 3H. Ve is also giving Raja yoga in the D-10. Narayana Dasa Analysis: 15. 3 Basic Principles of Analysis: st a. 1 Principle: Judgment based on the activation of Narayana in the house of the dasa rasi nd b. 2 Principle: Location of the Progressed ASC and judgment of the natal rasi chart from this Progressed LA rd c. 3 Principle: Judgment of the antardasa from the Entry Chart. 16. Rasi Chart: Present Dasa is Cn in 3H. Narayana (in Cp) is activated. Ve is LL in Cn and shows existence/ health/ character/ wisdom. 6H shows enmity/ rivalry/ litigation/ struggle. 6H has Guru-Chandala-Yoga (Ju/Ra) and signifies trouble relating to that house. Ju-Ra in 7H – serious problem in marriage; in 9H – problem/misfortune regarding father; in 1H – poor development of intelligence/health etc. 17. Suppose for Ta-LA, Su-Me-Ju-Ra are in 1H. This is better than just Ju-Ra there. When Ju (priest) is afflicted with Ra (wicked person), prayer to Su (king) is advised; similarly when Ra afflictes Su, prayer to Ju is advised. Hence Su-Me conjoining JuRa is better. Su-Me is also a Raja yoga for this LA. 18. In the present case, Dasa rasi in Cn with Ve as LL and 6L indicate some issues like litigation, enmity and health will occur st nd by 1 Principle. For 2 Principle, Progressed ASC is Cp. Ju-Ra is in the 10H from this ASC – career is ruined. 6L Me with 8L Su in 8H gives a VRY which is good but only after giving some tensions. But Me is also 9L in 8H is not good – lack/withdrawal of protection. Overall, lot of frustration/anxiety/ unlucky period. 4H (comfort/ mother/ education/ vehicles) is also afflicted by two malefics (Ma is son of Rudra, wants to protect own house; Ke is
called Rudraswarupa, wants to destroy) – some misfortune th related to this house. Ke is also lord of 8 from 4H – depleting sukha. Current antardasa is Sg. In the Period entry chart of the Cn dasa, 12 L Ju afflicts LL Sa. Ke in Sg in 12H gives detachment or giving-up. Next antardasa in Cp with its lord Sa in trines to it – not much difficulty in this dasa. Problems will resurface in 2006 period probably after appeals etc. Question: Shall we consider bhoga for this chart? Ans: No. Consider bhoga only for Vimsottari Dasa system. Next Mahadasa is Leo, having a good Raja yoga Su-Me (lot of following and support). Narayana is activating Su, Me, A8 th (Mrityupada, hardship) and Leo sign which is 4 (sense of right th direction) from La, and 12 from AL (fall in status). Progressed ASC is Aq. 9H from it is destroyed. 7L (loss of longevity) and 8L (giving longevity) are together in the 7H with A8 also joining – health trouble/death likely (before August 2017). Note that Narayana Dasa is not the best dasa for seeing death. th th In D-20, lord of 5H (devotion) is in the 8 from 5 – lack of devotion/discipline or trouble being devoted. 9L Ve in 7H – strong spiritual desire. No special yogas in this chart. But, Ve is 4L and 9L and LL Sa is in Venus-sign. Hence, Ve dasa will be a very good dasa. On a final note, this birth data is rectified for Rasi. D-9 and D-10. D-20 hasn’t been rectified. Narayana Dasa of Divisional Charts, say D-10. For D-10, controlling house is 10H. In Rasi Chart, 10L is either Sa or Ra. Now come to D-10 and find stronger of Sa and Ra. By Sources th of Strength rules, Ra is stronger. Ra is in Li; 7 from Li is Ar. Between, Li and Ar, Ar is stronger. Hence, Narayana Dasas of this chart start from Ar. As Ar is movable sign, Brahma th progression is used. 9 from Ar is Sg (odd-footed) so the progression should have been in the forward direction. But because of Ke in Ar, it is backward. [If Sa were present in Ar then the progression is always Brahma-forward]. st For Divisional Narayana Dasa, only use the 1 principle. Don’t use the other principles for the present as there are some variations to them for this case. The Sg dasa was very good because Sg is in the 5H (fame/recognition/following) with LL Su present. Next dasa, Sc and Cp were also good because of the Raja yoga and exalted Ma, respectively.
Example Chart 2: 25. In D-24, present dasa is Li in 8H (occult knowledge) with Ju (significator of knowledge), A5 (scholarship) and A11 (actual gains). Hence, this dasa is a very important period for his astrological pursuit.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
26. 8H, 11H, 2H, 5H (i.e. all the kendras to the 8H) in D-24 are important for learning occult sciences like astrology. 8H = th aptitude for occult, 11H (i.e. 4 from the 8H) = learning of the th occult, 2H (i.e. 7 from 8H) = desire associated with occult th knowledge i.e. predictions in case of astrology, 5H (i.e.10 from the 8H) = application of the occult knowledge gained. Example Chart 3 27. In Example Chart 3, present Divisional Narayana Dasa for D-24 is Sg in the 11H containing LL Sa. Also, 11H aspects 2H, 5H and 8H. Hence this is a quite good period for learning astrology for this native. However, note that the learning of occult, although usually happens in the dasas of the signs of the above houses, may also happen in other dasas. The above is a thumbrule. To see this make sure that the D-24 ASC is correct. Example Chart 4 28. In Example Chart 4, present Divisional Narayana Dasa for D-24 is Cp in the 4H (Learning) with its lord and yogakaraka Sa – very good learning period. The location of Sa in Amsas and in Rasichart show the direction learning goes. Do not neglect the use of Rasi Chart in combination with the Divisional Charts. Rasi Chart shows the physical manifestation of any event. In the Rasi Chart, controller of occult knowledge is 8L (Ma) in the 11H, debilitated & retrograde, hence having Neecha-bhanga (akin to exalted status) is also afflicted with Ra. Sa here is the controller of scholarship being the 5L. Association of Ke and Me (vedic or jyotish learning; learning involving logic, computers etc.) with Sa also shows scholarship in the areas governed by them. Note that Me and Ke are in the D-24 ASC with argala from Sa, which is also aspecting (by rasi drishti) the 2H, 8H and 11H. Hence, we can conclude that there will be strong learning in the abovementioned areas during this dasa. Mo in Rasi Chart is 11L and is in D-24 Chart thereby also directly influencing the learning. 29. For the next Dasa i.e. Sg, in D-24, the lord Ju is strongly placed with Su and Ma in the house of protection (natural 9H is governed by guru). There is a possibility of finding a very good guru when this dasa commences. 3H is also the house of writing and communication. Hence there may be some kind of writing. 30. D-24 is not only the chart of learning a particular subject. It is also the chart of evolution and maturity. The seed is the 12H – ‘giving up’ i.e. evolving. 31. The native has also starting learning astrology and homeopathy in the Vi dasa of D-24. Vi has A2 and A8. A2 is the manifestation of use of knowledge, e.g. making predictions and A8 is manifestation of occult. Hence this can be thus understood.
32. AL is the only thing that is true in this illusory world of maya. AL is the overall image that is projected by the native in the world and not merely something that is arbitrarily made up in people’s mind. For example, in D-10, the AL is in Pi (fertile minded and intelligent) with debilitated Me (debilitated – hard-working). Hence, at the work place the native is viewed as an intelligent but hardworking person. In D-12 (parental relations), the AL is in Le with Me-Ra – intelligent but demanding (Le). The rasi drishti given by Ju, Mo and Sa also shows the various other influences. In each divisional chart, there is a particular placement of AL and there are various planets that influence it. This shows that in each areas of the life, there are different influences, which may also change with respect to time.
Lesson #33 Compiled by Sourav Chowdhury Topics Covered: 1. Three-parts-rule to judge Narayana Dasa of Rasi Chart 2. Example Chart 1: Guru P. V. R. Narasimha Rao, April 4, 1970, 5:47:13 p.m. (+5.5 hrs East of GMT), Machilipatnam, India (81E08, 16N10) Key Points: Example Chart 1 and explanation of Rule 1. Ar is the present Narayana Dasa of the Rasi Chart. Ar is in 8H. Hence, during this dasa, 8H results can be given. Lord of Ar is Ma which is 3L as well. Hence, during this dasa, 3H results can also be given. Lord of Ar is 8H, hence in this case 8H results (i.e. the result of the house containing the Dasa Lord) again may also be given. If there are planets, which are aspecting the Dasa rasi, they can also give their results during the period. Hence, several results are possible in Ar dasa itself. 2. Also for example, if Le is the running dasa, then 12H results can be given as Le is in the 12H. Additional results that are possible th are: 10H (as Le is 10 from AL), 7H (as its Lord Su is in 7H), result of Ke, result of 3H (as 3L is Ke), results of Ju, Ve, Ma, Me and Sa (as they aspect Le by rasi drishti). Thus again a number of results can occur in Le dasa. There are clear rules to find out which result is experienced in which part of the dasa. 3. To prove the point further, Cn is the second dasa and is in the 11H. Hence during this dasa, there could have been gains. As 11L Mo is aspecting it by rasi drishti, there may be some gains related to food business or nursing business (Mo significations). Again, Mo is in the 6H of enmity and also afflicted by Ra. Hence some enmity may also be experienced. Whether the enmity is related to gains is a different issue, but the fact that there is a possibility of enmity is clear. Suppose, the 4 L or 7L Ju is placed in Cn, there could be gain related to 4H and 7H (home/car/wife etc) or relationship with the spouse may be harmonious (as Ju in Cn would be exalted). 4. Parasara defined some signs as Sirshodaya Rasis (Sirsha or head + udaya or rising), some as Prishtodaya Rasis and the rest as Ubhayodaya Rasis. Sirshodaya
Ge, Le, Vi, Li, Sc, Aq
Ar, Ta, Sg, Cp
5. Rule to Judge a Narayana Dasa (also called Three-parts-rule) : a. Each Mahadasa is divided into three equal periods or slots. In one of these slots will give results of the sign, in another slot will give the results of the lord of the sign and the remaining slot will give the results of the various associations of the sign (planets occupying the dasa sign or aspecting the sign by rasi drishti only). b. If Dasa Rasi is Sirshodaya, the result of the sign comes in the first slot, in case of Prishtodaya, the result of the sign comes in the last slot and in case of the Ubhayodaya the result comes in the middle slot. c. If the lord of the Dasa Rasi occupies a Sirshodaya or Ubhayodaya Rasi, then the lord will give its result in the first available slot after the Rule (b) is executed. If, however, the Dasa Rasi Lord is in a Prishtodaya Rasi, it will give its result in the last available slot. d. The remaining results (results due to the association/aspect to the Dasa Rasi) will be given in the remaining slot. For example, if the Dasa Rasi is Sirshodaya and its Lord is placed in a Sirshodaya Rasi, then the sequence of results st nd will be: 1 Slot – results of the Dasa Rasi, 2 Slot – results rd of the Lord of the Dasa Rasi, 3 Slot – results of the conjunction/aspects to the Dasa Rasi. e. Consider the slot which is to give the results of the various associations (conjunctions/aspects) of the Dasa Rasi (see “d”). Suppose there are ‘n’ number of planets (counting Ra and Ke if appropriate) that are aspecting/conjoining the Dasa Rasi. Then divide this slot into ‘n’ equal parts. Each such part will give result of one of the ‘n’ associating planets. For example, in the Example Chart 1, Ar is the present Dasa Rasi. Ar is Prishtodaya Rasi and its lord Ma is occupying Ar st itself. Hence the sequence of results are 1 Slot – results of all associating planets (i.e. Ve, Sa, Ma, Me, Ke, Mo, Ra i.e. n nd rd = 7), 2 Slot – results of Mars, 3 Slot – results of Ar. st Therefore, divide the 1 Slot into 7 equal parts. Because the antardasas are equal in length, each Slot consists of 4 antardasas. So the first 4 antardasas i.e. April 1995 through st April 1999 constitute the 1 Slot. Results of Ma will be experienced in the middle four antardasas or April 1999 rd through April 2003. The last 4 antardasas constitutes the 3 st Slot and gives the results of Ar. The 1 Slot of 4 years i.e. 48 months are to be divided into 7 parts, giving roughly 7 months as each part. Out of the associating planets, the planet with the highest longitude (in its occupying sign) will take up the part 1, the next parts being taken up by planets
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
with decreasing value of longitudes. Refer to Karakatvas to 0 see why this scheme is taken. For Ra and Ke, (30 – longitude degrees) are taken here, just like for determining the Karakatva scheme. If suppose Me takes up part n (n being the number among the planets), it means that st although through out the 1 Slot, there are some results related to Me in Ar, the peak of such results will occur in the st part “n” of the 1 Slot. f. The one-third Slot corresponding to the Lord of the Dasa Rasi can be subdivided into 4 equal parts or quarters. If the lord of the Dasa Rasi is a benefic, the first quarter goes to results of the lord’s occupying sign, the second quarter goes to results of the houses owned by the planet, the third quarter goes to the yogas participated by the planet, and the last quarter goes to the state or avastha of the planet. If the lord of the Dasa Rasi is a malefic planet, then the order is reverse. Hence, the first quarter goes to avastha, second quarter goes to yogas, third quarter goes to houses it lords, and the last quarter goes to the results of the occupying house. Note: (a) Here only natural malefic/benefic nature is to be considered. Me is malefic or benefic depending on its association with malefic or benefic planets. Mo is benefic if it is waxing (sukla paksha) and malefic if it is waning (Krishna paksha). (b) If the entire Maha Dasa period is only one year or so long, then sub-sub-division may not be done. In such cases, Tithi Pravesha will give good judgment with perhaps better precision. Example Chart 1 6. In this chart, the Sg dasa ran from April 1985 through April 1995. Sg is Prishtoodaya Rasi and its lord Ju is in Li, a Sirshodaya st nd Rasi. Hence, by the Three-parts-rule, 1 Slot goes to Ju, 2 Slot rd goes to associating planets (here Su only) and 3 Slot goes to Sg/4H. Each Slot consists of 4 antardasas. 7. Ju is benefic. Therefore, st a. first quarter of 1 Slot goes to Li/2H (e.g. wealth or resources etc relating to education/real estate because Ju is lord of the seed sign Sg/4H – received national educational scholarship), b. second quarter goes to Sg/4H and Pi/7H (e.g. education/marriage), c. third quarter goes to its yogas (e.g. Ju is in samasaptaka i.e. “mutual seventh” with Me, Ve, Sa, Ma; Me, Sa and Ve are trine lords and Ju is lord of two kendras, thus giving several
Raja Yoga; Ju-Ma is a Guru Mangala yoga; if Ju is in 2H or 5H and aspected by Me or Ve results in Kalanidhi Yoga) d. last quarter goes to its avastha (here Ju is retrograde – not good; placed in an inimical sign Libra; Ve is also Ju’s temporary enemy as it is not placed within three signs from Ju; therefore the last quarter will give only average results). Whatever natal chart promises, the dasa will only modify it and not completely change it. nd 8. The middle one-third or 2 Slot goes to associating planets of Sg. Here only Su is aspecting Sg by rasi drishti. Su has 4 years to give its results. Using the same rules as before, we can further sub-divide into four equal parts or quarters. Su is malefic. Hence, a. first quarter goes to avasthas (here Su is in a Jupiterian sign but Ju is not placed within three sign-range from Su. Hence Su is moderately well placed. Consider three kinds of avasthas based on – age, alertness and mood. Give highest importance to placement in friendly/neutral/inimical sign, the secondary importance to uchhabala/neechabala, and tertiary importance to sayanadi avasthas etc.) Su is the planet of authority. Here Su aspects the 4H. Hence there is a possibility of attaining some authority/reputation in educational field through out this period. In fact during this period, the native stood first in his class by a huge margin. b. (ii) Second quarter goes to yogas of Su. Su is subjected to papa-kartari yoga. Also Su is subjected to Bhaskara Yoga nd rd th (from Mo, Su in 2 , Me in 3 , Ju in 9 ) – wealthy, learned of sastras and astrology. Hence, this period also indicated good learning. Su is also very closely afflicted by Gulika. When a malefic planet is aspecting the 4H, there can be loss of mental peace. This was a period of bad health for the native. c. (iii) The third quarter goes to the result of the house owned by the Sun, here 12H. This involved some sort of giving or giving up. The native during this period imparted knowledge (teaching). 12H is also for going abroad, especially with Ke in it. As 4H is aspected by 12L, it can be going abroad for studies. During this period, the native was making arrangements for going abroad for higher studies. d. (iv) The last quarter Su will give the results of the house he H occupies. Here it is 7 or Badhakasthana (House of Obstruction). 7H and 9H are houses to be considered for going abroad, 9H is for flourishing abroad and 12H is the house for settling abroad. Apart from these the Badhakasthana is also an important house for going abroad. For Movable Signs (Ar, Cn, Li, Cp) the Badhakasthana is
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
11H, from Fixed Signs (Ta, Le, Sc, Aq) it is 9H and for Dual Signs (Ge, Vi, Sg, Pi) it is 7H. Planet in Badhakasthana or Badhakasthana Lord can take the native abroad. Here Su is in Badhakasthana (7H) and hence took the native abroad for studies (because aspecting 4H). During this period, the native traveled from India to US for studies. 9. The last one-third of the Mahadasa period is taken up by the sign, Sg/4H. By what is known to me, the tradition doesn’t specify how, if at all, to subdivide this period pertaining to the sign. But we need to see a. the nature of the sign (ex. Satvik/Rajasik/Tamasik or fiery/ watery/.. etc) th nd b. what house is it from ASC and AL (4 from La- sukha; 2 from AL) c. what rasi aspects are there on the sign (here Sg is aspected by Pi, Ge, Vi). 7H aspect can show marriage. 10H aspect can show start of career. La aspect can show that the native takes good care of health. 10. Let us look at the next Mahadasa, Ar. Ar is Prishtodaya and its lord is also in the same rasi. First one-third of the Mahadasa or st (1 Slot as we have been calling it) is taken up by associations of Ar (namely 7 planets that are conjoining or aspecting it by nd rasi-drishti). The next one-third or 2 Slot will give results of the lord Ma. The last Slot will take up results of the sign itself. 11. The first slot is divided into 7 equal parts or about (48 divided by 7 = )7 months each. The will be taken up in chronological order by Mo, Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke, Ve and Me. Note than Ra precedes Ke. This is based on a traditional view point. Another view point is to consider the relative strengths of Ra and Ke (based on occupying signs and associations they have) and choose the order between Ra and Ke. Each of these 7 planets will bring in their impacts on the Ar sign. Results: Mo – The11L placed in 6H and aspects Ar/8H. Therefore, Mo is bringing the 11H results to 8H through 6H – i.e. bringing some kind of gains to the 8H by overcoming of obstacles or through service. The native went to Korea for a few months on service and then decided to come back to the US and after changing a couple of jobs, found a suitable one. Ma – 8L is in own house, hence a very good period. Being 8H (changes) there were certain changes (getting visa to US etc) for the good. The native also had a child, shown by A5. Sa – Debilitated 5L and 6co-L in Ar, although there is Neechabhanga. 5L in 8H shows lot of scholarship in occult studies, anxiety due to children, own health problems. 6L in 8H can show accident.
Ra – 6co-L in 6H, hence strong. This shows that there were anxiety and obstacles and the native overcame them by dint of hard work. Ke – 3co-L in the 12H. Short travels (3H), initiative and communication, increase of spirituality (Mokshakaraka in 12H), astrological studies, research and writing. The native during this period met his Jyotisha Guru (Ke is significator of parampara knowledge). Ve – 9L and 2L in Ar is good for Ar rasi but may be bad for the houses owned by Ve, but that is a separate issue. 2H (wealth/resources) and 9H (protection/guidance from Guru). During this period, the native was accepted as a student by his Jyotish Guru and there was a significant increase in communication between then. Me – LL and 10L in Ar. Good health and career. Overall positive period. nd 12. In the middle one-third or the 2 Slot, Ma’s results are given. Ma is malefic. a. First quarter is given by Ma’s avastha. Ma is strong in Ar as it is its Moolatrikona. Ma is also in Nrityalipsa avastha – very energetic. Hence the results will be good particularly in the 8H matters like occult learning and Martian matters. b. Second quarter pertains to results for Ma-yogas. There are Vipareeta Raja Yoga with Sa, two Rajasambandha Yogas (AmK conjoining 10L and AmK in own sign) – things went well in the career and the native received recognition at his work place, Guru-Mangala Yoga, Vesi Yoga etc. In fact, Ma is in yoga with all the planets except Mo and the Nodes. There are also negative yogas also; Ma is a malefic planet and is afflicting the trinal lords. To see this effect note how close these trinal lords are. Sa is closest to Ma and Vipareeta Raja Yoga fructified and dominated. Suppose Me is very close to Ma; then problems related to health and career could have occurred. Moreover if Badhaka Lord (here Ju) associated with 8L or 9L, the person can settle abroad. During this period the native received Green Card. c. Third quarter goes to house lorded by Ma. Ma is 3L and 8L. 3H is 12H from 4H; hence 3H can show a big investment (i.e. expenses) for the 4H (vehicle/house) etc. Ma is also the karaka for this significance. 3L and 8L placed in a dusthana shows good results corresponding to these houses. There were changes in the job and instabilities in general and the native moved into a new house. d. Last quarter goes to the house Ma occupies. Here Ma occupies 8H. This is thus the period when the results of Ma being in 8H come. For the time being, forget that Ma is in
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
own house. Hence this period was problematic. Further Ma is AmK in the 8H – bad for career. The interesting thing is that all the other sub-periods were good overall, but only during this quarter the bad results occurred. The native lost his job and had to settle for working from home for another job that was not stable. rd 13. The last one-third is for Ar. It is a malefic sign, which is 3 from rd th AL. We know that a malefic planet in the 3 or 6 from AL is good where as a benefic there is not good (materially speaking). rd th Similarly, is a malefic sign is 3 or 6 from the AL it is good where as a benefic sign there is bad (i.e. material losses). rd th Hence Ar being in the 3 from AL is good. Ar is 8 from La and hence it is good for occult studies but bad for health. From Mo rd (mind), Ar is 3 , showing lot of mental energy at this period. Also, 6H/Aq aspects Ar – fight, 3H/Sc aspecting – communication, 12H/Le aspecting – giving up and losses. 14. These principles that are discussed in this lesson also equally applies to any Divisional Chart but there you have to focus on a particular area of life that the Divisional Chart corresponds to. For further readings, I suggest to read Pt. Sanjay Rath’s text of Narayana Dasa and archives of vedicastrology Yahoo Group. There may be some minor differences there but if you learn and exercise the principles properly, you will be able to master them and make them your own.
154 Lesson #34 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Revision of the Narayana dasa rules of the previous class. 2. The marriage, job prospects, her relationship with her parents, mother’s fortune, father’s fortune and spouse’s fortune are analyzed using Narayana dasa and it’s variants. 3. Example chart 1: Individual: Female, Sep 12, 1971; 8:25 AM (IST) ; Guntur, INDIA – 80 E 27’, 16 N 18’ Key Points: Navamsa ND analysis for marriage: 1. Strong candidates for giving marriage are: Venus, Ke ( for growth of family), Upapada Lagna (UL), 7th house, Darakaraka (DK) and ASC in D9 chart. If you see the confluence of the above, then marriage is likely. 2. Ju, the DK, the variable significator of spouse. In Dasamsa, DK represents colleague or business partner. Ju is connecting UL and LA. 3. Sg or Li are the likely dasas based on the above criteria. Since Sg comes very late, Li is a stronger one. Ar and Le are also likely. 4. To get married, pray to the lord of UL (in D1) and before nd breaking the fast pray to the 2 lord from UL (in D1). 5. If UL (dharmic aspect) and A7 (physical aspect of the relationship) together, is good. 6. Su for the purpose of marriage is a benefic. 7. Me is the only planet that can win the heart of Sa and make him relax and smile. 8. In Li ND (D9): The Li is a sirshodaya rasi, so it gives the result in st rd the 1 1/3 . It’s lord Ve is in prishtodaya rasi. So the lord gives rd rd it’s result in the last 1/3 of the dasa. The middle 1/3 is given by the occupants and aspectors (Ju). So the period from May 93 to Jan 94 is likely to give marriage due to the UL lord, Ju, whose is connecting the ASC by aspect. th nd 9. 8 from UL, shows the 2 marriage. 10. 3 different Navamsa related NDs are: th a. Taking 9 lord in rasi and placing him in D9 and treat the th stronger of that and 7 from it as LA. This will show as how dharma is being upheld in the married life. th b. Taking lord of 7 in rasi and placing it in D9. Then take the th stronger of that and 7 from it as ASC and analyze. This shows as how the intelligence is applied in relationship.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
Taking the 7 house of D9 and treating the stronger of that and the ASC as the dasa Lagna and analyze. This shows as what happens to spouse.
Example Chart 1: Analysis of her D10, ND: 11. Take the 10 lord in rasi chart and see that as ASC in D10. See th the stronger b/n that rasi and the 7 from and take that as ASC and proceed. Narayana is the driving force behind everything you do. Here in D10, the work that you do. 12. Is it possible to see if Aquarius D10 ND is possible to give job for her? Aq is a sirshodaya rasi, so the sign gives its result in the rd first 1/3 . It’s (strongest) lord Ra, being in ubhayodaya gives it’s rd result in the middle 1/3 . The occupants and the aspectors give rd their result in the last 1/3 of the dasa. th th 13. 5 house is the house of recognition. Here Aq is the 5 house and it contains A9 also. So it’s likely to give her job. Now from rd AL, it’s the 3 house, which shows initiative, drive etc… Any rd th malefic in the 3 or 6 is very good materially, but terrible for spirituality. To see if the sign is a malefic or benefic, see the lord and decide. Here the lord Ra and Sa are malefics. So during this period, getting job is possible. Since A8 is also there shows the possibility of quitting. nd st th 14. In the 2 part, the lord Ra (Malefic) gives the result. 1 1/4 result is given by the avastha of the lord. Not strong. Ra is in adhi shatru’s (Ju) house. So he is not likely to give recognition. nd th 15. The 2 1/4 is given by the yogas Ra is directly taking part in. th Ra is with the 7 lord of business. So this period may not give service, but some inclination towards business. rd th 16. In the 3 1/4 period result of the house Ra owns, which is the th th 5 house. It is a favorable period, being 5 house with A9, A7. th 17. The last 1/4 (Feb 2006 to Jan 2007) gives the result of the th th house Ra occupies (Pi, the. 6 house). Ra in 6 house makes her work hard and overcome the same. A3 can show a contract th job or consultation, all relating to 5 house matters. rd 18. Now the last 1/3 of the dasa’s results: (occupants and aspects). The order is Mo, Su and Me. 44 months into 3 parts, 15 months th per planet. There is a dharma-karmadhipati yoga in LA. The 11 lord brings the fruits and here it is Su. So this whole last 1/3 portion is very auspicious. 19. Look for nimitta during consultation, like a bell ringing, a child entering etc.., this is signal of reconfirmation. Analysis of her relationship with her parents using Dwadasamsa, D12 ND:
20. Checking for those of the past NDs that could have been bad: rd th th CP ND – has 3 and 6 lord in 4 house of comfort. Whenever th th 6 lord or 8th lord is in 4 house, it results in lack of comfort. So CP dasa could have given this in the middle 1/3 portion, due to occupants or aspects. (Jan 91 to May 92). Ta ND: the occupants and aspects give 1st 1/3rd results. (Ve, Sa, Me, Ju in that order). th th 8 lord occupies (or aspecting) the 8 house means end of separation. Analysis of her mother’s fortune from her D12, ND: th
21. Now select the 4 house from D12. Use the strongest of 4 and th th th the 7 from 4 (10 ). Start the D12 ND treating that as LA. Go to the rasi dasa options and in that options menu, use this new stronger rasi (Cp) as the “starting the dasa from” and proceed. th 22. See, as how her Vi ND was. 9 house. Gives foreign travel. th Health problems, when? 8 lord’s aspect on any house would show accidents, anxiety, separation etc... Aspects and occupants give last 1/3rd. Su shows problem with bones. th 23. See, as how the Leo dasa is. 8 house with Ra and Ma. She needs to be careful. Analysis of her father’s fortune from her D12, ND: th
24. Now select the 9 house from D12. Use the strongest of 9 and th th the 7 from 9 (3rd). Start the D12 ND treating that as LA. Go to the rasi dasa options and in that options menu, use this new stronger rasi ( Ge) as the “starting the dasa from” and proceed. th th 25. See as how Cp ND is: Cp is the 8 house, containing the 10 th th lord. Shows retirement. Here 8 lord Sa gave this result. 8 lord th (exalted) in the 5 house shows retirement with a promotion. 26. Is this CP dasa favorable for business? Last 5 months in the middle portion of this dasa (2006 Jan to 2006 May) results are th given by 7 lord, Ju,. So business is possible then. But this dasa th is 12 from his AL, Aq and also 8 from LA. So not advisable for business. 27. Is Le dasa capable of business ventures? 3 house of initiative th th with 6 lord of over coming obstacles, with 11 lord. So he can do consulting. Analysis of her husband’s fortune from her D9, ND: th
28. Now select the 7 house. Use the stronger of 7 and the LA. Start the D9 ND treating that as LA. Go to the rasi dasa options
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
and in that options menu, use this new stronger rasi (Ar) as the “starting the dasa from” and proceed. rd 29. How is Le dasa? First 1/3 result is given by the rasi itself, rd rd second 1/3 result is given by the lord Su. Last 1/3 by the st rd occupants and aspects. 1 1/3 is a good one, because it’s the th rd 5 house with Ju in AL. Next 1/3 result is given by malefic Su. st th Divide it into 4 parts. 1 1/4 , due to state. It’s not a great period. nd th 2 1/4 by yogas. Yogas shall be seen b/n houses too. rd Recognition due to occult knowledge is expected here. In the 3 th th ¼ th, lordship of 5 house. Great antardasa. Last 1/4 , result of th the house occupied, 8 house. Can show retirement, strain etc… To see the fortune of sibling and children, use the paka Narayana dasa in D3 and D7 charts, respectively. Then start the dasa from the stronger of the rasi occupied by the lord of the sibling/child and the 7th from it and proceed.
158 Lesson #35 Compiled by Saikumar Singaraju Topics Covered: 1. Principles of Narayana Dasa – 3 parts rule revisited 2. Education – using Rasi Narayana Dasa and D-24 Narayana Dasa 3. Relationship with Parents using D-12 Narayana Dasa 4. Fortune of parents using D-12 Narayana Dasa 5. Example Chart 1: Jan 11th 1978; 12:23 PM; Methuen, MA, USA 71 W 11’ 29sec, 42 N 43’ 34sec; Name: AS (Tricky chart) Key Points: Narayana Dasa Analysis for evaluating Education 1. Leo Dasa. Sirshodaya Sign. 1st 1/3rd will be of Sign (Le) in this case, the middle 1/3rd will be of planets in it and aspecting it by Rasi drishti, last 1/3rd will be of lord of sign, Su (which is in Prishtodaya sign). rd 2. The middle 1/3 is of Sa (2000 September till 2003 May). Sa is rd Badhaka in this chart. Middle 1/3 is not good. th 3. 1st 1/4 will be of his state (avastha) - Sa is in his enemy's house so he will not give good results. Sa is occupying the th house of ability (5 ) and hence spoiling it. a. If Sa is retrograde, it represents strong Karma from the past life so it comes with great effort. In that case, the person will put in lot of effort in that area. b. Ma is retrograde and debilitated in Rasi. So that is Neecha Bhanga. If the same Ma had been exalted in Navamsa then it is not that good. c. 2nd 1/4 will be of yoga of Sa - There is a Sa-Chandra Yoga. Provided there are other combinations then this combination gives Sanyasa. Sa rules over Mo (mind). d. 3rd 1/4 will be of the houses Sa owns (10th and 11th) -This is relatively better period. Lord of 10th and 11th in the 5th house. Also Badhaka lord in 5th house. This is the only period, which has some positive influence. e. 4th 1/4 will be of where Sa resides i.e. the 5th house -Here Sa will destroy the 5th house. 4. The last 1/3rd started in May 2003 and will go on 2006 Jan. the results are of the Lord Su. Su is a malefic. a. 1st 1/4 will be of his state (avastha) -- In Friends house and being aspected by Ju and he is closer to his debilitation point. He is in Nrityalipsa avastha
5. 6. 7.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
(Sayanadhi - activity) and in Mritu Avastha (based on age -dead and sad). b. 2003 May to 2004 January is actually OK will give results of Su being in a friendly house. A planet in Yuva (Young) age gives full results. If it is in Kumara (adolescent) avastha then it is partial. In Bala (infant) avastha no results. Vriddha (old) no results. Mrityu (dead) Alertness - Jagrita (100% results), Swapna (dreaming - 50% results), Sushupta (sleeping - 0% results). Activity (Most important) – nd a. 2 1/4th results of Yogas of planet (Su) are given. Su is AK, Ve is AmK. Raja yoga (given by Su/Ve (5th lord+7th lord)), but it is not that good as they are enemies. Su will cause combustion of Ve. Here Su/Ve are extremely close within couple of degrees. Raja Yoga of Me and Su does not give full results. b. In this 1/4th Su will give good results of 5th house but th bring down the results of 7 house (girlfriends, relationships). Falling in love is possible (5th lord of emotion and 7th lord of relationship) 5th and 6th lord is Sankha yoga.5th lord of abilities and 6th lord of obstacles. a. 3rd 1/4th is of the houses Su owns (i.e. being 5th lord)(Current period) -- This is a good period for putting the abilities to use. If this is the time for deciding the path of his future, this is a good period. b. 4th 1/4th is of the house in which Su is placed -- Su being in 9th house from ASC and 6th house from AL -This indicates following Dharma, following wishes of th parents, After May 11 2005 it is good for his Dharma, getting his thinking straight. If Su is in the 9th house, the parents orders/wishes will be followed 9th house in Rasi chart is physical protection, Rasi 9th lord's strength in D-12 will show protection from parents.
Analysis of D-12 chart to find about Father 11. In D-12 chart, 9th house has ASC in Li (a balanced sign) and Venus/Sa in ASC. Ve in ASC loves pleasures/luxuries. Sa gives hard work. Since it has Ke in the 12th house from Li there so some spirituality associated with Father. Looking at 2/6/10 from the 9th house. 2nd house is the strongest since 2nd lord is there along with Su. Su is the lord of 11th house. Ra in 6th house. So likely careers for father are psychiatrist --Mo/Ra + Parivartana of nd Mo and Ju, engineer – Ma and Su in 2 house. In fact the person is an engineer who was a Professor.
12. 4th Lord in MKS -- Lack of interest in comforts/Lack of mother/Lack of good education. 13. If any house lord is in 8th from the house then there might be some problem with that house Narayana Dasa of Rasi (continued): 14. The next dasa is of Virgo from 2006 January to 2011 January st 15. According to 3 parts rule:- The 1 1/3rd will be of Virgo itself. nd rd The 2 1/3rd of planets in it/ aspecting it, the 3 1/3rd will be of Me since Me is in a Prishtodaya rasi. Using Standard rules of Narayana Dasa: 16. Take Virgo as ASC (taking dasa rasi as LA), Ra is in LA, Ju is in 10th house and having exchange with Me hence it is considered good. 17. For benefics being in Quadrants/trines from Dasa sign is good. 18. For Malefics being in 3/6/11 is good from Dasa Sign. 19. Sa in the 12th house from Narayana Dasa sign is bad.(only when taking Narayana Dasa sign as ASC and judging chart). 20. Sa is bad in this chart. Mo is in the 6th house. Mo is a benefic here. 4th/10th house axis is good. Ma in the 11th house is good. Ke is in 7th house, which is bad for relationships. 21. In Sg there are various Raja yogas for Virgo Narayana Dasa rd sign. Hence we can conclude that the middle 1/3 , which is ruled by the planets, is the one which will stand out in the whole 9 years of Virgo dasa. Dasa Pravesh chakra for Virgo dasa: 22. Sa is in ASC and in Cancer in this dasa pravesh chart. 23. If Sa is in Cancer and if Cancer is 1st house or 10th house, then Sa gives very good position to that person. Examples are Indira Gandhi/ George Bush. 24. Mo and Sa are important for people popular among working classes. 25. LL Mo (of Dasa pravesh chakra) is exalted in 11th house. Ma a Yogakaraka is in the 10th house and own house giving Ruchaka yoga. Taurus will give some gains. Ar is a good period for career. He will be 29/30 around that time. 3 parts rule for Virgo Dasa: st 26. 1 1/3rd period of Virgo: 6th house from ASC and 3rd house from Arudha LA. Houses aspecting it are 3rd/6th/9th/12th houses. Since 3rd/9th/12th are involved, change of place can be possible. Also the results of A4/A11 being in Virgo are also possible. Since UL is aspecting there is a possibility of marriage. 27. Ge and Virgo are neutral signs.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
28. 9th house is intangible fortune whereas A9 is tangible nd 29. The 2 1/3rd will be good period 2009 to 2012 is excellent except for Ra being in ASC which is not good for health. The results of the planets are in the order of Su as he is the (AK), Ve (AmK), Rahu, Ketu, Ju (PK), Me in that Order. Each antardasa is 6 months. 2009 Jan to 2009 July will be Su. Su is the 12th lord from Virgo and 5th from ASC sign. So some recognition is possible. The next 6 months 2009 July to 2010 January will be of Ve. It will be a good period, Ve is 2nd and 7th lord and he is the 9th lord from Virgo, so a very fortunate period. 2010 Jan to 2010 July is Ra period and results of Ra being in Vi ASC for dasa. From Natal chart he is in the 6th house and hence health problem. To confirm the same health problem we go to the Tithi Pravesha chart for 2010. TP chart for 2010: 30. Hora Lord is Me. Here Me owns 3rd and 6th house. Me is with Gulika/Rahu/Mandi and Su. Ra afflicts the ruler of the year. 31. Based on the houses owned by the ruler of the year, we conclude that those events will take precedence for that. 32. Drigdasa that is important for spiritual activity. If somebody has the dasa sign aspected by Ketu, then there is a spiritual awakening. Here Ke is aspecting the dasa sign (the drigdasa is of Virgo here since 1999). Narayana Dasa of D-24: 33. We take the 12th lord in Rasi in the D-24 that is for spiritual learning. 34. For normal (material) learning we take the 4th lord in Rasi chart in D-24 and compare the 1st and 7th from there and start Narayana Dasa from there. 35. In this example Mo is the 4th lord in Rasi placed in Li in D-24. Between Li and Aries, Ar is stronger, so we change the "Dasa start sign" to Ar. rd 36. From 1990 to 2001 he was running Taurus Dasa. The last 1/3 rd th th the results of the sign are given. The signs are 3 /6 and 9 houses and the padas are A11/A6/UL/A5/A8/A3. A8 shows a longer break. Since Taurus is being aspected by both A8+A3 there is a possibility that period caused the drop out of the school. rd 37. In 2001 he started Ge Dasa. In the current 1/3 (which is the last rd 1/3 ), the aspects and conjunctions play a role here i.e. Su and Sa. Su will give the results first and then Sa. Su already finished th nd his results. Su is the 4 lord of education and is in the 2 house
of resources so it is a relatively better period. From now on the th th results of Sa of 9 and 10 and being yogakaraka aspecting Ge th would fructify. Sa is in the 8 house give lot of hard work while giving the Yogakaraka results. 38. For Bachelor’s 9th house is the house. 39. Sa owns 9th house here. After March 2005 onwards we should see good progress TP chart for 2005: 40. Su is the hora lord and LL. Su is in the 5th house (adhimitra sthana) being aspected by Ju. D-24 in TP of 2005: 41. 10th house in Siddhamsa shows education related to profession. Here the Hora lord is in the 10th house. Also the LL Ve is in a Raja yoga with 9th lord Me. 9th house is the house for bachelor degree and its lord is involved in a Raja yoga and aspecting the LA. D-12 Narayana Dasa to see relationship with Parents and Parents fortune: 42. The default setting of the software considers the 12th lord of Rasi chart as seed. This shows how you compromise with you and how you look at the relationship with the parents. 43. The dasa currently running is Pisces. Pisces gives its results in the middle. Ju is in a Prishtodaya sign. st rd Moon/Rahu/ketu will give results in the 1 1/3 . The order is Rahu/Ketu/moon. 2001 Jan to 2002 Jan -- Rahu 2002 Jan to 2003 Jan -- Ketu 2003 Jan to 2004 Jan -- Moon 44. Here both Ra and Sa give the results of the LL (which is the person himself in D-12 chart). When effects of Ra take predominance then he quarrels because he is with enemy Mo (6th lord). When Saturn's effects take predominance his relationship with Mother (4th lord Venus) and Father (9th lord Venus) are very good as both Sa and Ve are friends and Sa is placed with Ve in Li which is owned by Ve and where Sa is exalted. 45. So all 3 parts Rahu/ketu/moon is not good. nd rd 46. In 2 1/3 Pisces will give its own results. It is the 2nd house as it has A4/AL. Since A4 is aspecting he is more attached to mother during this time.2nd house is resources and in D-12 it is the resources given by parents. Also the 5th/8th/11th houses influence.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology rd
47. In the last 1/3 Jupiter's results are given. Ju is in the 6th house of quarrels. Here Ju will make the person compromise with his parents. The worst is over. 48. If a benefic is in 3rd/6th from AL and debilitated you won't fight, but you will win the situation. 49. If a malefic is in 3rd/6th from AL you will fight very aggressively, if that planet is exalted you will win, if that planet is debilitated then you will loose the situation. 50. Malefic Planets in the 6th from ASC give lot of mental agitation. And if the same 6th house is well placed from AL then you may win. For example Ma in 6th from ASC and 3rd from AL. 51. Benefics in the 6th/3rd from ASC give peaceful disposition/complacent/relaxed. To see what happens to father (what is father going thru): 52. Go to options take the 9th lord in D-12 and see where he is. In this case it is Li and use that as starting sign calculate the Narayana Dasa. He just concluded Scorpio dasa from 1990 to 2000. Scorpio is the 2nd house from LA. It is a good period for father, accumulating money, good resources, professional success. 53. The next period of Sagittarius is from 2000 to 2008. The results st rd given by Moon/Rahu/Ke will be given in the 1 1/3 of the dasa. This can also show some worry related to 5th house (Rahu) and 10th house (Moon). Since Ke is aspecting there might be some spirituality. nd rd 54. The 2 1/3 is of Ju as he is in the 10th lord, he will do some Jupiterian Karma (2002 to 2005). Also Ju is also the 3rd and 6th lord so some changes at work place. 55. Ju in the 10th house brings luck in career. 56. If 6th house has Moon/Ra there might be some health (digestive) problems. That can happen during Ra dasa or Mo dasa or Pisces dasa/Aquarius dasa.
164 Lesson #36 Compiled by Sivarama Seshu Putcha Topics Covered: 1. General Questions 2. Mundane Astrology – Introduction 3. Solar/Lunar Calendars, Suklanta Calendars. 4. Making mundane charts in the Jagannath Hora software. 5. Example Chart 1: Lunar New Year Chart of Washington D.C. and Nov 2004 Election Analysis, Financial New Year Analysis. 6. Example Chart 2: Financial New Year Chart Analysis for India for year 2004-2005. 7. Example Chart 3: Amantha Chart (Chaitra Sukla PratiPada) of USA. Key Points: General Q & A: 1. In Narayana Dasa, If the sign where we are starting from has Sa or Ke, there are exceptions. Sa always likes to go forwards in Brahma’s progression, irrespective of fixed, movable or dual signs. – Normal traditional progression. If Ke is in the sign, he wants to go reverse or the opposite direction. He doesn’t mind fixed, movable or dual sign. Software automatically does this. But, there is option in the software to change it and experiment it. 2. In case of Ra, Ke being together, consider who is stronger. In case of any issue take Ra as stronger and proceed. 3. Usage of Sahamas in ND chart is not experimented much and is up for research Mundane Astrology - Introduction 4. India – existed before, but on Aug 15, 1947 a new phase and a new entity started for India. If we cast a chart for this time, a new entity is started a new country is born. 5. 120 years is the paramayush for human beings. For different entities, we have to compress and use different dasa. But, the basis of usage of Vimsottari of 120 years for an entity of a country is questionable. But, using the annual charts like the Tithi Pravesa and other charts like Tajaka charts and so on is not questionable. It is any case compressed to that one year. 6. This is the independence chart of a country. If the country is already in existence, a time when a draft was signed or so on. In case of India, there is no controversy but in case of several other countries, there is no exact time available.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
7. The paramayush for human beings is 120 years. This is in Kali Yuga. This changes in every yuga. 8. Hence, instead of depending upon the birth time of a country, which is so questionable, there are a few techniques suggested. There are several calendars – lunar calendars starting from different reference points etc. There are different solar calendars, which have mesha masa, vrishaba masa, mithuna masa and so on. Some people use the sunrise time or noon time where Su is to know the month of the calendar. Solar/Lunar Calendars: (Amantha Calendars) 9. Why is Su very powerful at noon time – This is because he is in th the 10 house or karma sthana or the Indra sthana. That is why it is very powerful muhurtha. Also called Abhijit muhurtha. Su in th 10 house being a strong muhurtha is more like a thumb rule, th th but is not absolute since, Su as a 8 lord in 10 house is not good. 10. In Indian calendar motion of Su is not arbitrary, he is at the same degree and in the same Rasi on the same day every year where as its is not guaranteed in a western calendar. 11. For kali Yuga, Cp is considered very important. For Solar calendars, Su entering Cp (at Makara Sankranti) a new chart can be cast for the capital of the country. Similarly a chart can be cast when Su enters Ar. A new chart can be made when Su o enters the Ardhra Nakshatra (6 in Ge) Consider the country capital for these charts. This chart is used for meteorological purposes. Some people cast Ashada-sukla pratipada chart. 12. In Lunar Calendar (Some lunar, since we consider all Su, Mo and thither), When Su, Mo exactly together it is Amavasya, then o Sukla Paksha starts. When Su and Mo are exactly 180 opposite it is Purnima and then Krishna Paksha starts. The names of the month are given depending on the nakshatra where Su, Mo conjoin in every Rasi. Su. Mo conjoining in Pi is when Chiatra masa starts. Chaitra sukla pratipada chart is used for general happening sin the country. 13. Some people start a new calendar when Su. Mo conjoins in Li. Financial events are seen from this chart. This is called KartikaSukla Pratipada chart. 14. It is a common practice to cast one of these charts and see everything from that chart. The ideal thing would be to cast a different chart for every specific purpose. 15. Chinese calendar is similar to Indian calendar. They consider Su-Mo conjoining in Cp – Magha-Sukla pratipada. 16. Cp is important for Kali Yuga – since, it is owned by Sa, Ma exalted and Ju is debilitated.
17. SU entry into Ar is a political chart – shows political happenings at higher levels. Su entry into Cp is also political chart but for low- level masses. 18. Su-Mo conjoining in other Rasi signs may show other aspects of the country. Suklanta Calendars: 19. A new month starts when a new moon occurs. This is called suklanta as it ends (not starts) with Sukla Paksha. Starts with Krishna paksha. 20. When Su in Ar and Mo in Li is where New Year starts for people in Orissa and in Tamilnadu. 21. Full Moon day is considered important for spiritual events since, th Mo is mind and 7 from Mo is the desire of the mind and when th Su in 7 opposite to Mo, it is the desire of the soul. Hence it is good time for spiritual events. All full moon calendars focus on spirituality. 22. Performing spiritual pursuit in seashores, middle of ocean, in caves, on mountains may have special effects. At least in seashore it makes sense as, In narural zodiac, a. pi shows the watery places, middle of the ocean, rishis, prison, hospitals, seashore, all associated with water, liquid, and bandhana etc. b. Cp indicates marsh lands – Bhoo sign associated with crocodile. Read any classics or books to get what each sign stands for - Horary Astrology by Gayatri Devi Vasudev (D/o B.V.Raman) or Varaha Mira’s Brihat Samhita/Brihat Jatakam etc. Making Mundane charts in the Jagannath Hora software. 23. In software, Change the place to the capital of the country – Go to Mundane tab – Make Solar New Year chart. a. The tabs 2 and 3 are for making solar New Year chart starting from Ar, and Cp. Tab 5 is when Su enters Ardhra Nakshatra. b. Tabs 6 and 7 are Annual Full Moon and Monthly Full Moon – These are suklanta calendars. c. Tab 8 - Lunar New tear – telugu/kannada – Chaitra sukla pratipada d. Tab 11 is the financial New Year – Diwali – Kartika Sukla Pratipada. 24. The dasas tabs in mundane chart shows the Vimsottari and Narayana dasas compressed to one year and show the dasa periods of various houses. Example Chart 1: Lunar New Year – Washington D.C.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
25. Chaitra Sukla Pratipada chart of US Select the place to Washington D.C – Set the date to any in 2004 from April onwards. This is since we are going to see for the 2004 New Year. 26. Select Lunar New year – previous - Mar 20, 2004. Su-Mo are at the same advancement in Pi in Rasi chart. The ideal chart should be made when Mo is slightly ahead of Su by 0.0001 and so on. 27. For a country, a. ASC shows the overall existence of country what people feel nd b. 2 – resources – agriculture, stocks, money etc. rd c. 3 house – Initiative, bravery, boldness, climate etc. th d. 6 house – war th e. 7 – foreign policies th f. 8 house – instability, anxiety, unrest to people etc th g. 9 house shows the dharma – policies, judiciary for a country, religiousness of the country – in churches etc th h. 10 house in this shows the karma – executive branch of government th i. 11 – gains, friends th j. 12 – losses th 28. Parivartana involving LL Su is in the 8th house and 8 lord Ju is st th in LA. It’s a duryoga – Exchange between 1 and 8 house. nd th 29. Lord of 2 house of resources 8 house is not good. th 30. 8 house is the house of borrowing etc. In human charts it means getting big money from inheritance, debts (all debts – karmic, spiritual, financial etc…) This in general shows that there are financial concerns in the country. To see what kind of concerns, we go to … th th 31. Parivartana between 9 and 10 lord – Ve & Ma – Raja Yoga. Ve and Ma are terrible enemies. In general in any chart, if there is a raja Yoga involving Ve and Ma, they will work but with enmity. There will be lot of friction before the results materialize. 32. In this chart, Ve, Ma Parivartana and Raja yoga indicates that Judicial and Executive wing will have clashes, but will workout th finally. If 10 lord being strong taking part in a Raja Yoga – executive will do very well. th th 33. 12 lord in 8 is good. rd 34. 3 house is of initiative – Malefic Ke aspected by Ju and Ma. Ke shows headless aggression. Ma will support this. But, Ju aspect shows that there may be a logical aspect to think wisely and thick of peace. This can get some balance. This obviously happens during Ju dasa.
35. 11H is the house of friends.6 house indicates War and 6L lord in 11H and 11L in 8H shows not a good year for friendship, might encourage war. 36. Foreign policy of a country is from Navamsa. It’s a chart of dharma and relationships. th 37. In Navamsa, Ju is LL in 10 and is in charge of the entire foreign th policy. Being 10 house, Ju period is a good period in the karma. th th 38. Mo is 8 lord in 10 house – This is bad. So, Mo period is not auspicious for travel, foreign relations etc… 39. In Rasi, LL Su in 8H is bad and during Su dasa, there can be some anxiety and so on. Su is afflicted by Gk. Md gives poison to others and Gk receives poison from others. Md and Gk are both sons of Sa. In general, if a planet is closely afflicted by Gk, there will be some troubles during that planet’s dasa. If it happens to be Su or Mo it is even worse. Sa at least has some dharma where as Md and Gk don’t have even that. Election Analysis: 40. Nov 2, 2004 during elections, the dasa-antardasa is Mo-Me. It was PVR’s observation that in last few USA elections, Me was always the antardasa, even though the dasas changed. Any case, Me is the karaka for counting of votes. th 41. King or the Ruler of the country is from 10 lord. This can be th used to check if the ruler has a good time to get re-elected. 10 th house is the executive wing. In general 10 house is the th administration (governance) and the 10 lord is the administrator (governor). Occupants and aspectors are other people (like lobbyist’s, legislators etc. who have different agendas) intervening or advising in the governance. 42. Change the date to Nov 2, 2004 and select Solar New Year Chart (starting Cp) - Makara Sakramana for the ruler’s chances in elections. th 43. LL Ve in 10 house shows that the governance is good. For th king, see 10 lords- Ra and Sa. Sa is strong being aspected by more planets – Sa’s dispositor Me gives him an extra vote. th th 44. Take Sa as the ASC for the ruler and judge. 5 lord Ve is in 9 another trine of blessings – shows getting power easily. th th 45. The opponent party is seen from 6 from 10 i.e. Cn and the opponent is seen from its lord Mo. Considering Mo as ASC for th nd th opponent, Ve is in 6 house – maraka (2 from 5 ). In this case its terrible not just for opponent, but for the total opponent party as well. 46. For seeing the political high level aspects see Solar Calendar chart with Su entering Ar. Financial Chart:
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
47. Select Solar New Year Calendar. Set the date to Feb 2005 and see Previous Financial chart – This will show Kartika Sukla Pratipada chart. You should see the chart starting Nov 12, 2004, 9:28 am. th th 48. Both LLs Ma and Ke in 12 house and the 8 lord is in LA. The th 8 house is of anxiety and borrowing. This in general shows that the country will have to live on the principle of borrowing, anxiety and losses. Example Chart 2: Financial New Year Chart Analysis for India 49. Cast the chart with the place being New Delhi for any month in the year Apr 2004 to Mar 2005. You should see that the financial chart begin from 12 November 2004. 50. It will be same chart as above, except the ASC is moved to Ge th and LL is in 6 house. 51. 3, 6, 10, 11 are called Upachayas. Upachaya means th accumulation. LL in 6 house means it is good financially. th th th Especially for Me, 6 house is good. 7 is not good but 6 and th 8 are good house for Me. This is because some planets are conducive to accumulation. In general all Malefics and Me are for accumulation. th th th 52. 4 house has a Raja yoga aspecting LA. 7 and 10 lord Ju and th th 5 and 12 lord Ve are forming the Raja Yoga. This is good for th th India financially. Ve will give both the 5 and 12 lord’s results th but, 5 being so strong, it will give its results more. Annual Full Moon Chart (Vaisaka Purmina Chart): 0 53. This is when Su is in Ar and Mo is exactly 180 in Li at the same advancement. This is important for spiritual aspects in the country. That determines how the dharma will be upheld in the country. th th 0 54. The 9 house is 6 lord Mo and Ke and these are 3 apart. In this chart Su and Mo are eclipsed. The dharma sthana is eclipsed. Su and Mo nodal eclipse is terrible and there can be plenty of adharma in the country. Mo is BK. In a countries chart BK shows its spiritual leaders. So, there can be troubles to spiritual leaders in the country. th 55. Take 9 lord Ve as ASC and consider that Ve has papa kartari from Malefics Ma, Sa on one side and Su, Ra on the other side, 4 malefics attacking him from all sides. So, during this year the people who uphold dharma can be troubled and could be even th imprisoned as there is Su and Ra two Malefics in 12 house. 56. All these different calendars have a purpose and specific charts need be seen for specific conclusions. Do not see everything in every chart.
Amantha Chart (Chaitra Sukla PratiPada) of USA: th 57. The new Year is starting on Apr 8 and is starting with an Eclipse this year. 58. If we make the chart for the eclipse time, we can see important things that happen that year. 59. Su and Mo are at 25 deg and Ra is at 29 deg and they are in a terrible Gandanta – Pi is Watery sign and Ar is Fiery sign. The borders between fire and water - Ar and Pi, Cn and Le, Li and Sc are called Gandanta. One Navamsa in each of these Rasis are inauspicious, esp. the last degree. Ra is in Gandanta and is eclipsing Su. th 60. LL in 8 house eclipsed by Ra in Gandanta is not pretty. Looking th at this the coming year is not as great. Also, 6 house with exalted Ma adds to the aggression. 61. Ve and Ra are planets for diplomacy and in 7th house indicates good diplomatic nature. Ra is primary karaka for diplomacy and secondary karaka is Ve. 62. For any of these charts if a particular condition applies, we can use the corresponding Nakshatra dasas as well. 63. Also, if ASC is stronger than Mo (unlikely in Lunar New Year charts) use Lagna Vimsottari – Vimsottari starting from ASC instead of Mo. Planets in kendras from a reference show how th strong that reference is. If utpanna Tara (5 start from Mo star) is stronger, use that. 64. In general, in mundane charts always use Lagna Vimsottari if ASC is stronger. That will give better results.
Lesson #37 Compiled by Mitnala R Rao Topics Covered: 1. Discussion on Mundane chart 2. Introduction of Bhinna Ashtaka varga (BAV), Ashtaka Varga (AV) and Sarva Ashataka Varga (SAV) Key Points: 1. Eclipses, comets may have impact on important people of the society 2. LL and 9th lord together in Kendra aspecting ASC is Lakshmi yoga, makes person intelligent and Dharmik 3. Ve, Ke, Sa being together or closely associated is tapasvi yoga (self less dedication) 4. If tapasvi yoga caused by planets is in 8th house then it is moksha tapasya she/he does 5. If AK involved in tapasvi yoga then it is a desire of soul for that tapasya 6. Ju in AL: perceived as Sadhu. If Ma is in 3rd from AL, then perceived as bold and materialistic. 7. If Sa is 2nd from AL, the person is perceived as lack of resources or resources are monks or down trodden people 8. Planets in trines from Navamsa Lagna show abilities of the person 9. Mo in Pi shows compassion, love for peace, people, motherly quality 10. Me: natural learner. Sa in trines from AL: the ability of person is hard working, patient, and austerity 11. See 9th house in Rasi and how well placed in Navamsa shows how dharmik the person is. 12. Kartari: Planets on both sides of ASC or any house. Papa kartari: Malefic planets are in kartari. Subha Kartari: Benefic planets 13. People getting into parampara, you will see some influence of Ke on ASC or LL in D9, D60 charts 14. LL and 10th lord is together is raja yoga 15. Summary on directions and deities, what they mean in D10 a. East: Indra: power. Agneya (SE): Agni: Engineers, creating some thing b. South: Yama, dutiful, dharma, QA c. SW (Nirrithi): path-breaking things d. West: Varuna: patience, business, and public relation e. NW: Vayu: empowering people, soldiers, power of person
16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32.
f. North (Kubera): Resourceful ness g. NE (Isaana): religiousness, following tradition h. Brahma: down ward direction: researches, systematic organizer i. Anantha: Up ward direction: Spiritual rise, understanding self Su and Ma in AL the person is seen as powerful person or leader. LL and 10th lord together is raja yoga GL: shows power If planet is in the last degree of house is called gandanta. Mo is compassionate, Ve is passionate, doesn’t feel strongly on any thing. Ve, Ra in 7th house in D9 of mundane annual chart then it shows diplomacy. Political activity of country is seen from D 10 Lunar New Year chart shows what people/society thinking Ju in D10 mundane chart shows judiciary. Sa shows old age and down trodden people How strongly is Ashtaka Varga (AV) shows a planet? In AV, the count 0 means terrible, 4 average and 8 is excellent There are 8 AV called as Bhinna AV (LA, 7 planets). Score above 40 in SAV shows more focus In TP chart, 9,10,11 house count in SAV is strong, then it is auspicious year If SAV < 25 (weak), > 30 then it is good. The maximum value is 64. For functional behavior of a planet, look at it from AS and not from AL Ta: Bull type behavior, stubborn, and steady, not caring type.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Lesson #38 Compiled by Mitnala R Rao
Topics Covered: 1. Continued discussion on Bhinna Ashtaka varga (BAV) and Sarva Ashataka Varga (SAV) 2. Introduced Transits theory (gochara) and how to make transit calendar 3. Introduced concept of Murthi of planets Key Points: 1. Sa in AV shows quality of working hard. In AV see the qualities of planets not houses they are in chart. 2. Ma: Bravery, Ju: wisdom, Ve: spirit of enjoyment, Me: Learning ability/adaptability/flexibility of a person. 3. 9, 10, 11 houses are strong in AV is good. If 6,8,12 are strong means obstacles to the abilities 4. ASC in AV shows very basic and more important than any house 5. AV means how other planets are co-operating this planet in AV 6. If sum of SAV of houses (9,10,11) > sum of (6,8,12) then it is good 7. Various planets moving in zodiac and how impacting moon is seen from Transits 8. Transits from Su, Mo and ASC are important. Mo is most important. 9. See current transit of a planet from Mo to decide Murthis 10. For Ju 2,4,5,7,9,11 from Mo is good. Other houses 5,8,10,12 are inauspicious 11. For Malefic planets (Sa, Su ...): 3,6,11 from Mo are good houses. For Ve 12th house is good. 12. Sa, Ju, Ke and Ra are slow moving planets, so if their transits are good, over all consider it as a good period. 13. See what they stand for in the Natal chart and they fulfill during the transiting 14. Annual chart, Dasas and Transits together if you read will give better results 15. Each planet has four different forms a. Swarna - Golden (auspicious), if the planet position is 1,6,11 houses from Moon b. Rajatha - Silver -- 2,5,9 houses from moon c. Taamra - Copper -- 3,7,10 houses from moon d. Loha - Iron (most inauspicious) -- 4,8,12 houses from moon 16. See the current transit of planet and look from Natal moon and make prediction
173 17. To see divisional chart transits, take rasi transits (physical experience) only and change natal charts 18. Vedha: some other planet causes vedha when planet is transiting. Ex: if Ju transiting 11th house, planet in 5th house (Ra) causes vedha. You will see red dot at right top most part of moon transit in transit calendar. 19. See important planets (yogakaraka) for the matter that you are looking and see how they are transiting from Natal Mo and LA 20. For Me, Ve, Ju 4th house transit is good
Lesson #39 Compiled by Seshan Subrahmanyan Topics Covered: 1. Discussion on Transits (gocharas) and Astakavarga (AV). 2. Example chart 1: Bill Gates. Oct.28 1955; 09.21.30 PM. GMT – 8; 122W20 and 47N36. 3. Example chart 2: Male; May 21, 1974; 3:58 p.m IST; Bangalore, India; 77E38 12N59. Key Points: 1. Today is Rama Navami – It is said that chanting of the sloka “ SRI RAMA RAMA RAMA” 108 TIMES is very auspicious and gives the result of reciting the Vishnu Sahasranamam” 1000 times. 2. Astavarga score of 0 is bad and if Sa is transiting that house the will give very bad results. Similarly Astakavarga score of 8 is very good. Example Chart 1: Bill Gates. 3. Average AV score of houses 6, 8 & 12 houses 26 and 9, 10 and 11 houses is 34. Clicking Alt PCV will take us to the Astakavarga dialog box). 4. Consider the planet’s transits with reference to the NATAL chart. Sa is transiting in Lagna – Lagna is the physical state of the person, essence of the person, the health of the person etc… 5. Based on where the planets are they cause different influences on the following factors. These aspects are there since birth. a. Mo stands for the mind, mental outlook of the person. b. Ve stands for the spirit of enjoyment. c. Su stands for the Atma Bala and will power of the person. d. Sa stands for the ability to work hard and discipline of the person. e. Ma shows initiative, bravery and boldness of the person. 6. Me is influenced by Ma. Me is scholarship and Ma is bravery. So native’s bravery is more scholarly. 7. Ve and Sa influence each other. 8. As planets keep changing their places with time there are certain th modifications on these aspects. In this chart Ju is transiting 7 house from Mo – is a good transit and is auspicious. th th th 9. Sa is 8 and 9 lord transiting Lagna ans is the 4 from Mo. It is th a bad transit. It denotes discomfort and unhappiness. For Sa 4 from Mo is Sukhalopa. Like this various planets will give various
influences and as they keep moving, their influence on various natal references will keep changing. 10. D10 natal chart shows career, his Karma, the inherent potential in his career for his entire life and the Rasi Transit chart will unveil some of the inherent potential shown by the natal chart. The natal chart may show that he is an excellent businessman but the Transit (Gochara) may be bad for the native. 11. In the Rasi chart as also in D10, lot of Sukhalopa is indicated. At a given time things may be great in job, but there may be terrible personal stuff going in life, such as a divorce etc. There is still sukalopa. 12. Looking at moon in a particular Amsa As for as Navamsa is concerned he may be having a terrible time. Mo is still in Pisces Natal moon in D-10 shows the 4th house of comfort has Saturn’s transit. During Saturn’s transit of 2 ½ years Last September Sa was in Ge. Sa moved into Cancer last September and came back to Ge in January. So the last 2 /12/ years has been lack of peace of mind. Dasamsa Analysis: th 13. Sa in 4 means no peace of mind. Even if Sa is a benefic in the th 4 house he will give worries. To exactly find out the meaning o Sukalopaa in this case – we need to find out what is causing Sukalopa. st th Looking from Lagna Sa owns the 1 and the 12 house. Means having to let something go and also the lagna – when the LL is having a bad transit it is a terrible time in career. 14. Astakavarga Score for Sa in Ge is 0. This is a real bad period for him. If you see a score of even 1 there is unhappiness, no peace of mind etc. 15. Ju is transiting Vi. It is the 7H form Mo – is a good transit. Ju is very favorable for money, profits, gains in stocks etc. 16. If you want to focus on short term look at Mars transit. For Ma 3, 6 and 11 are good transits. th th 17. Ma is in 11 now and pretty soon he will be moving to the 12 house of Aq. This is not a good transit and it will give losses, lack of initiative etc. He is the 3L of initiative and the 10L of Karma. We have been looking at with ref. to Mo because Mo signifies the mind. 18. AL is in Ar. Sa is in 3H from AL and is not a bad house at all for Sa. He will not have a bad image during this period. Until recently Ra was transiting in Ar and AL is taking a beating. Ra will be moving to Pi in next dasa. 19. AL is what people think of you, Mo is your view of the whole world.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
20. Let us take Ma – Ma is in Li. Ma shows initiative, drive, and the fire within the person to do something. As far as the fire is concerned now look at the transit from Mars 21. It is tough to remember which are good and which are bad. 22. Look at the Prastahra Astakavarga. In Libra, Ma has a score of 4. This means he has cooperation from 4 planets in Li. Now, look at planets which are favorable to Ma in Li. 23. Also looking at planets in transit w.r.t Mars, we see that Sa is th transiting in the 4 – again not a good transit. In addition to Sukalopa Sa is also killing some of the initiative. Su and Ju when transiting Ge are favorable to Ma. However looking at the two slow moving planets Sa and Ju, they are not favorable. Ma is in Cp – that is a good transit for Ma. 24. Sani and Guru are not favorable. During last year the initiative has been slow. However if the NATAL chart is strong this transit will show the person’s drive will be subdued during this period. The person’s NATAL chart shows the basic potentialities of the person. 25. Gocharas show fluctuations. Navamsa Analysis: 26. Ma is in Ge - from here Sa is in a terrible transit. 27. Sa is favorable when ASC is in Ta. 28. Ju Astakavarga shows the wisdom within the person. 29. When Sa is favorable, initiative in Dharma is stronger. th th 30. Looking at ASC, Sa owns the 9 and the 10 house. (Dharma and Karma). 31. For his Dharma Sa is favorable. As for Microsoft, there may be slowdown. 32. But his charity work will be going with full energy 33. When ASC is in Ta as far as Ma is concerned from Ma, ASC is favorable. During such time the particular Lagna is favorable to the fire within the person. 34. It may not be favorable to the wisdom within the person. As far as Dharma is concerned he may do some unwise thing. 35. Lagna timing is not very important because it changes every two hours. Look at Sa, Ju, Ra and Ke – they will give you a one year period. th
Q: What is the significance of a strong 11 house in Navamsa? 36. Navamsa is marriage and Dharma. 11th house is the house of fulfillment of desire. As far as Dharma is concerned you do what you desire to do. 37. In Rasi chart desire can be buying a big house, or an expensive car like a BMW.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
38. But if you look at the Navamsa the desire to relate to Dharma may be constructing a Temple, doing Satyanarayan puja, the desire to have a long lasting marriage etc. 39. In Navamsa even desires are good desires. Of course if you want Moksha you need to get rid of all desires. 40. Navamsa itself is Dharmamsa. 41. When you look at Kamatrikonas you are looking at good desires. 42. Fulfilling whatever Dharmic desires you have. 43. The Dharma for every body is different. The dharma for a rich man may be constructing many temples. But for a poor rikshawala the dharma may be saying Lord Rama’s name very day. 44. Dharma is subject based – depends on which person you are talking about.
58. When you have Sa/Ra in 7 from AL. It is a winning combination. Bottom line is you get very easy results. rd 59. AL shows images of people. Ma when in 3 from AL is seen as a fighter. It is a good position if you are a policeman, businessman but bad if you are a saint or a sadhu. 60. When you are judging these images what is good in one country may not be good in another country 61. If Sa is debilitated you will be overcoming opponents very easily. If Ju is debilitated you will be seen as opposing people who are wise but unhappy and depressed. That is the image you will project to the world. th 62. Su in 7 from AL shows somebody who is opposing powerful th people, the government on grounds of Dharma. Su in 9 house means he is doing lots of Dharma.
Dasa analysis for Bill Gates. 45. The good old Vimsottari Dasa applies here. th 46. He is running Su dasa now. Su is not well placed. He is in the 9 47. Two Karakas for dharma are Ju and Su. Ju is Brahmana (thinker) and Su is Kashtriya (doer). Su is the biggest giver in the world. He gives heat and light freely. 48. Su is favorable from A9 - A9 is the manifestation of Dharma 49. AL is Maya peetha, Lagna is the Satya Peetha. th 50. The 7 house is the house of interaction to fulfill your desires. th 51. When it comes to AL the 7 house it is at the Maya level. Also th the 7 house from AL shows who are competing with. th 52. Ra or Sa in 7 from AL is good Raja Yoga. Because you are competing with buffoons – it is good for you. It will appear as if you are competing with buffoons, losers or an incapable party. th 53. Ju when in 7 from AL is bad in one sense and good in another sense. Your competition will appear as wise but you will not lose a lot. It is a mixed placement. It will be a good opposition that you will not be able to conquer. th 54. If it is Ma in the 7 from AL, it will appear as if you are fighting a th warrior and you will be beaten. 7 from AL shows who you appear to be fighting with, to the world.
Dasamsa – Career analysis in Su dasa. th th th 63. Su is 7 lord in 12 house. Su’s marana karaka sthana is 12 th house. 7 house shows desires, partners, business etc… So, Su th th as 7 lord in 12 means that his business may break into multiple units and native may have to give up some control in the company. th 64. Su has argala on the 11 house. So, he will continue to give gains. 65. Su is in A3 (Vikrama pada). A3 is the manifestation of the initiative. So, if a planet is in A3 and when that planet’s dasa is running, people start new companies, start new projects at work place and some new things that will be started at work place, but, due to previous point he may have to give up some control. th th 66. Su is also 10 from AL. 10 from AL stands for the world’s perception of the karma that the native is doing. The following is th what different planets in 10 from AL indicate. a. Su – Someone who is going to be a king, exercising lot of influence b. Mo – keeping peace, good with everybody, maintaining harmony etc… c. Ma – someone who is seen to be aggressive and is fighting (with sword or with words) d. Ju – Some one who is pious and doing wise karma. Ju is also the teacher, so he will be telling someone what is th right thing and the wrong thing etc. Ju being in 10 from AL is good/bad depending upon what the nature of job one is doing. For example, for a soldier or a policeman a Jupitarian karma doing teaching is not good. He could be fired, whereas for a teacher this is excellent. th 67. Revision of Aruda padas – The 10 house shows the true nature, the intangible aspect of the karma. That is the reality
Q: If the planet that we are talking about is debilitated is there any modification to the result? 55. Debilitation does not modify the result. 56. The state of the planet shows the state of the opposition. th
57. Sa is debilitated in 7 from AL. You may appear to be fighting with buffoons who are debilitated meaning sad and helpless. Exalted planets are excited and charged up.
buried in the native. The A10 will show the tangible manifestation of the karma, what one is and where he is working th etc… The 10 from Al will show the karma that the native is perceived to be doing. This is something that is buried in people’s mind. 68. So, during Su dasa, this native may have to incur some losses. Example Chart 2: Analysis of native receiving green card in uSA and Dasamsa and Siddhamsa analysis. 69. When did this native get his Green Card. 70. Ra is for going away to far away places and to foreign countries. Karaka for green card is Ra. th th 71. 12 house is for settling in a far away place. 9 house is in th general for prosperity and fortune. 4 72. D-4 is the chart for seeing the residence. A8 shows the tangible th aspects of the 8 house like obstructions, tensions, anxiety etc… So, the difficulties one goes through when the native moves to a new place and so on will be explained from A8. But, for green card, its not mrityu pada, but it is bhagya pada (A9 – Arudha of th 9 house of fortune) that we should consider. th th 73. So, 9 , A9 and12 are the important factors for seeing foreign travel. Chaturthamsa (D-4) Analysis: 74. Lagna is in Vargottama. Varga means division Uttama means top or excellent. 75. Dasa to use – using Satabdika dasa since ASC is in Vargottama in Navamsa. 76. In D-4 ASC is in Ge. 77. Rectification of D-4 chart: e. Events - Came to USA in June 16, 2000 th th th 78. 7 , 9 , 12 and badhaka sthana are important for seeing foreign th travel. Ju is the badhakesh (7 lord for dual signs). Ju is with Ra th (karaka for going abroad) and Ra is also the 9 lord in the house rd of travel itself (3 house). 79. Both Ju and Ra can give the result. But, Ju seem to have ended up giving the result. In general Ju-Ra (Guru Chandala yaoga) is a bad yoga. Ra stands for adharma and Ju stands for dharma. So, when they are together they don’t work well. This is the case in Rasi or Navamsa chart. But in D-4 that will not apply since, it is not matter of dharma in D-4. 80. When 2 planets are together, they exchange their results. So, Me-Ke exchange their results. 81. So, the travel seem to have happened in Ju-Me dasa. rd 82. 3 house can be a short travel also. But the bhoga for Ra-Me is rd in 3 house itself where Ju, Ra are, so the travel in this period.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
83. Sahams work well in annual charts. Don’t look at them in natal charts. Tithi Pravesa chart for D-4 for year 2000. 84. Native is born on Ananda nama year, Vaisaka Amavasya with 46.47% left. So, 12 Jan 2000, 8:12:40 AM is when the annual chart for 2000 starts, when Amavasya with 46.47% left. 85. Hora lord is Mo – Mo is the ruler of the year. Mo will show the important events in the year. th th 86. In Rasi chart Mo is in 12 house. Being in 12 hose, Mo can give some displacement. th th rd 87. In D-4, Mo is 8 lord in 9 house of bhagya. Ra, 3 lord who can th give travel is in 8 house. So, in persuit of fortune in a far away land, the native goes through some instability as far as the residence is concerned during this year as Mo is the ruler of the year. So during this entire year during Ra dasa, he could have lot of instability. 88. Jala Patana Sahama is in Vi. Paradesa sahama is in Ar. If the Paradesa sahmam or Jala patina sahamam does not have a link th th th th with 9 house, 9 lord or , 12 house, 12 lord or badhakesh, then it is unlikely that the native will travel doing that year. 89. In this chart, annual TP of D-1, the paradesa sahama is at 9 Ar th th 52. Ar has 9 lord Sa and 7 lord Ju (also the badhakesh). Hence, there is a good chance that the native will go abroad. 90. This happened during Ra-Ra dasa. Ra is the karaka for foreign th travel. He is 9 lord in Rasi chart and hence he can give the result even if he is not in an important house in the chart. th 91. Ra 9 lord in watery sign. Classics talk about watery sign for th travel abroad since it could involve crossing oceans and 9 or th 12 lords in a watery sign can also show foreign travel. Back to green card. D-4 – Satabdika dasa. 92. Native is running the long Ma dasa from 2001 to 2021. 93. Green card is a tangible aspect. So, A9 (bhagya pada) is important. Ma is A9 lord. So, he can give a green card. Sa AD th th can give this result. Sa is 9 lord and is in 4 house of residence. th 94. A malefic in 4 house can give residence in a far away place. Also, Sa has an argala on A9 and Sa has graha Drishti (a desire) on A9. Due to desire and argala he is capable of giving the result. 95. Software took the Ra as 9th lord in calculating A9 since Ra is stronger than Sa in this chart as Ra is with more planets (Ju) th and is stronger. Also, Sa is the co-lord of the 9 house and having argala on the A9 can give the result.
96. To see PD, even that is too long like 2 years. So we see the current TP chart. Tithi Pravesa chart for D-4 for year 2004: th th 97. Hora lord is Ve. Ve is 6 and 11 lord. 98. Presently running Ju dasa and next is Ra dasa. In Rasi chart Ju th is in 9 house, basically showing more dharmic work in this period. th 99. In D-4, Ju is Bhadakesa and is in 6 house with A2 and A8. This shows that anxiety etc. related to dharmic work, but nothing in particular to green card. Tithi Pravesa chart for D-4 for year 2005: 100. This year starts on 6 June 2005 at 3:43 pm. rd th rd 101. Hora lord is Ju. ASC is in Cp. Ju is 3 and 12 lord in 3 th house with Ma. Ra is in 12 house. Ju also is Ra’s dispositor. 102. Sa is in A9. So, don’t jump to Sa dasa and say that the green card can be in Sa dasa. A9 is just one of the factors for green card and not the only factor. Sa in this is LL and his agenda is new beginning and shows motherland, but not with green card. 103. In D-4, Karaka for going abroad Ra is in 12trh house of foreign land owned by the ruler of the year Ju and Ju is also th th looking at Ra in 12 house. In D-1 hora lord Ju is in 12 house th th Vi with Ke looking at LL Ve in 9 house and karaka Ra in 7 house. With this combination, its possible that the native will go abroad if he was still in motherland. But, since he is already in USA, he will definitely get his green card. 104. Which dasa this can happen? th 105. Ra or Ve are very good candidates. Ve is in 12 from AL – This can make people think that the native has left the motherland for good – That means the native has got a green card or permanent citizenship. Ve dasa runs from June 2005 to September 1, 2005. It should happen before that. TP analysis of D-24: th 106. Hora lord Ju is in 4 house exalted and gives dharmath th karmadhipati yoga (Ju-9 lord and Sa-10 lord). This shows the native is going to do good karma related to learning. 107. Ju is lord of AL and Sa is lord of Bhagya Pada. This combination is very good. Ju-Sa alsy gives Brahma yoga and is an excellent year for persuing traditional learning. TP analysis of D-10: th 108. Hora lord Ju is in the 10 house and shows that he is very wise at work place.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology th
109. 10 lord Ve and 9 lord Me are giving dharma-karmadhipati yoga and is very good. But, LL Sa is also aspecting Ve-Me. 5th th th and 10 lord Ve with 9 lord Me and LL Sa aspect shows an excellent year at workplace. th th 110. 11 lord Ma in 11 house gives good gains too. th th 111. 8 lord Su in 8 house gives Sarala yoga. This makes the person be straight forward, honest and forceful. Also, Su is in Yama amsa – Straight forward. Su gives the results in a solar way – Authoritatively. Le is the sign of authority. The native will be very assertive in Su dasa. Mo will gives the results in a Lunar way – not with authority. Su is also in A10 with GL. A10 shows the workplace and GL indicates a kind of promotion if the birth time is correct and D-10 is rectified. Su in A10 can give a better change of job. th th 112. 6 lord in 6 gives Harsha yoga – cheerful – overcome obstacles easily or not have any obstacles etc.. Happy go (optimistic) people. Also it depends on the persons. If its Ma, there may be some aggression in the cheerfulness. th th 113. 12 lord in 12 gives Vimala yoga. It shows pure, unblemished, great givers. th 114. Bad planet in this chart is Ra and Ke. – Ra is in 7 house, is not good – it can give clashes in relationship and interaction from people. 115. Praying about ½ hour before and ½ hour after the new year starts will be good for this year. Ju is hora lord – In Dasamsa – dharma karmadhipati yoga from Ju-Ve – This shows Laxminarayana. Ju shows Jagannath. So, chanting Jagannath astakam or something of that sort and visiting Jagannath temple during this time will benefit the career. Transits: 116. Look from Dasamsa Mo as reference. th 117. Sa is in Ge - 6 house transit. He has shastha sani transit. 3, 6 and 11 are good for Sa. 118. Ju transit – in Vi, gives great protection from bosses. Gives good, wise bosses etc… th 119. Ra and Ke are not so good. Ra in 4 from Mo gives mental th worry. Unhappiness in spite of the protection. Ke in 9 house will show headless bosses and stupid decisions from bosses. Ke th th transit in 9 house is not so good. Ra recently moved from 4 house.
184 Lesson #40 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: • Discussion on mundane charts using Vimsottari dasa and Tithi Pravesha chart. • Example chart 1: Discussion on Pakistan's Independence, Aug 14, 1947, 0:0:01 AM, 5:30 East of GMT, 67E03, 24N52'(Karachi) • Example chart 2: India's Independence chart, Aug 15, 1947, 0:0:0 IST, 77E13', 28N40' (Delhi) Key Points: 1. Before getting started with the interpretation, check for the applicability of the right dasa. 2. Vimsottari dasa is applicable to all. 3. Check whether to start vimsottari dasa from Mo or LA, whichever is stronger. 4. Chandra vimsottari shows how one experiences the world. Lagna Vimsottari shows as how one acts in the world. 5. Prana Pada Lagna (PPL) defines the basis of life and it's Mo for human beings. PPL should be in trines or 7th from Mo for human beings. For horse Ve should be in trines to PPL, for birds it is Su and for Pigs it is Ra. 6. Ke should be in trines to PPL. 7. Surya vimsottari, takes Su as reference. It's used for spiritually advanced souls and in conception charts (or Adhana Chakra). 8. In mundane charts, Navamsa (D9) shows the dharma followed, interactions and relations with other countries. 9. Vipareeta raja yoga starts bad and ends well. Sudden reversal of fortune will be noticed. 10. Ke in the 8th house (astama Ketu) gives undiagnosable diseases. (if it is not in his own house ) 11. Ke and Ra are the planets for terrorism. Ke is the one who executes and Ra is the head of terrorism group. Ke can show religious extremists also. 12. In D9, if Ra is in the 5th house, it can show deception and clever maneuvering. 13. For Taurus, Libra, Capricorn, Aquarius LAs, Ve and Sa (yogakaraka and LL) conjunction is very auspicious. 14. 12th house shows giving up, relief, ultimate happiness, imprisonment. 15. A8 shows sudden developments. 16. AL shows new beginning from the point of perception. 17. The dispositor of the maha dasa lord and antardasa lord can influence the overall results.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
18. Badhaka lord in the 12 house is good. 6th house placement is terrible. Badhaka is the unseen enemy. 6th house is the visible / seen enemy. 19. Lordship shows the agenda and the placement shows the resources at its command. 20. Su in the human chart, 6th house, shows the problem from the authorities. In the mundane chart Su shows the problems from other powerful countries (like USA, UK etc…) 21. Ma in the 3rd house is good. (strong drive and initiative). Other favorable houses are 6 and 11. 22. Ra in the 2nd house may show death by poison. 23. Jupiter/Ra dasa or Rahu/Ju sub periods will have some clash. Generally not a good period for the country. 24. A6 shows war, war like confrontation with other entities. UL in the nation chart shows tangible loss. A6 is tangible war. A6 and UL together shows losing the war. 25. Pancha loka Palakas: Ganesha, Brahma (rules air, creation), Vishnu (Ether, akaasha), Rudra (Agni), Gowri. 26. Kaala Sarpa yoga: Planets start with Ke and end with Ra. In Kaala Amrita yoga, planets start with Ra and end with Ke. 27. When there are more planets with the maha dasa/Antardasa lord or if there is an exchange between the above said planets and others, then the results given by them in vimsottari will be different. If there are more planets, then arrange them from benefic to malefic. Ex 1: Assume one has Ve, Me, Mo, Su and Sa in a sign. Now during Ve dasa, it gives Sa's result, Me dasa, it gives Su's results, and Mo gives its own result. Ex 2: Assume some one has, Mo and Sa are in 6th house, Pisces and Ju is in the 10th house, Cancer. Now due to the Parivartana between Mo and Ju, in Mo dasa, Sa's results shall be expected. In Sa dasa Ju's results shall be expected. In Ju dasa, Mo's results shall be expected. Here we take first the Parivartana and then multiple planet yoga in benefic to malefic, order. If Sa was not in Pisces, then in Ju dasa, Mo's results would be given and in Mo dasa, Ju would give its results, due to the Parivartana / exchange. 28. A6 and A7 in mundane chart means confrontation and tangible diplomacy going together. 29. If lord of the any Arudha pada (Ax) is placed in the same house, the lord has to contribute. If the has a graha drishti, then it has desire to do it. When that lord has argala on Ax, then there is some role it has to play during the significance of Ax. When there is a sign aspect, then it has the capability to do it. If a planet has graha drishti and good relation with the karaka of Ax, then also it can do it.
30. A5 shows the tangible recognition of the countries abilities in a mundane chart. 31. A11 shows the tangible gains and fulfillment of desires of a country in a mundane chart. 32. A9 and A10 being together is very auspicious. 33. Dasa varga is applicable in human charts. Shodasa varga (16) is applicable in royal charts or in Raja Jatakam (royal charts). 34. Ashtakavarka shows how a planet gets cooperation from other planets. Vimsopaka, Dasa Varga, Shodasa Varga, Sapta Varga, Shad Vargas show overall tendency to do good or bad. Decides which planet is likely to fructify its results. 35. D40 (Khavedamsa) and D45 (Akshavedamsa) should be seen for bad/evil karma coming from earlier generations. These are among the shodasa vargas and are more applicable to royal families. These are not usually of importance to common people. 36. Check for the placement of Tithi Pravesa ASC with respect to natal ASC to see the karmic influence being triggered for that year, which normally supplements hora lord's placement. Ex: If in 8th – it shows pains from sins, if in 9th - it shows results of good karma in the past.
Lesson #41 Compiled by Kiran Chandrashekar Topics Covered: 1. Jaimini Upadesa Sutras: 2. Use of Navamsa (Dharmamsa) to understand characteristics of a person. 3. Example Chart 1: Male, Apr 4 1970; 17:47:13; Machilipatnam India. 530 East GMT 4. Example Chart 2: Male, May 26 1988, 7:27:54 AM 530 East GMT, Secunderbad, India. 78E30 17N27. 5. Example Chart 3: Male, Oct 28 1955, 21:21:30 8 West GMT, 122W20 47N36 6. Example Chart 4: Pope John Paul II, May 18 1920, 17:30 2 East GMT 19E30 49N53 Key Points: 1. Jaimini – was a student of Parasara. Considered a contemporary as well. 2. Jaimini’s Sutras – are codified, terse and cryptic. Slokas are not to be read and interpreted as written. 3. But, these have been codified in a numerical format - encryption and compression together. 4. What is that encryption and compression? – Katapayadi scheme. 5. Take letters ka, Kha, Ga, Gha, Na (and so on) - Assign values 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. Split the word into individual letters and write the corresponding numbers below them. Now, reverse the number obtained and divide the result by 12. Remainder gives the target house which Jaimini is talking about (for more details, refer Jaimini Upadesa Sutras by Pt Sanjay Rath) a. For example, “Labha” is the 11th house, using the "katapayadi" scheme, we decode it as “La bha”. 4 => reverse => becomes 43 => divide by 12 => remainder = 7. Jaimini is talking about the 7th house. b. Idea was to keep the knowledge safe from people who could misuse it. Now, the trend is to distribute it. Hence, it was codified. Some aspects are codified and some are not. c. There are many translations, Original commentator was Neelakantha, I.T. Ranagacharya (has written commentaries in Sanskrit and English), T.S. Sastry and Translations by Pt Sanjay Rath are discussed here.
Use of Navamsa (Dharmamsa) to understand characteristics of a person: 6. Example of Swargarohana Parva from Mahabharatha. Dog in the story represents Yama (dharma raja, protector of dharma) who was testing Yudhisthira if he would forget the dog (and thus his dharma) upon reaching the gates of heaven since it had equal right to enter swarga as him. 7. Sa represents Yama. Dogs are shown by Sa. Sa shows discipline and sincerity. Sa impassionately follows dharma. 8. Sa in 9th means a suspicious person who wants to know very clearly what his dharma is. Once he understands it, he is tenacious and will fulfill it even if it is a long journey. 9. Yama and Prajapati are the adi-devata and pratyadi-devatas of Sa. Yama is Sa’s elder brother (Agraja). th 10. 9 house - Dharma carried from the past life to the present. In other words, it is Punya from the past life. Whatever potential you had in the past life. Things which you did in the past life may come very easily to you in the present life, example, Mozart composing/playing at a very young age. This is shown by Navamsa Lagna or trines to Navamsa Lagna. Guidelines for planets aspecting (Rasi Drishti) or occupying Navamsa Lagna or trines to it. 11. First stanza, Su in Swamsa. Su represents, king, government authority. Su should be in Navamsa ASC or trines to it. 12. Su - good administrative capability. Su - is the king, says you do this and expects it to get done. 13. Ve – Management - rules over demons – like the project manager doing micro management. 14. Mo + Ve give all luxuries in life - educator. Teacher or a person who is involved in education. Indicates Luxuries and opulence. 15. Ma in trines gives good knowledge about metallurgy, warfare and hot headed person. 16. Me makes a good business, trading and a good student. 17. Ju is karma yogi, wide knowledge with specialization in one, wise. Tends to be expansive regardless of any house he occupies. 18. Ve also gives government official, virile and long lived (upto 100yrs). Ve has the blessing of Mrutyunjaya. One of the Dwadasa Jyotirlingas, “trayambakeshwar” is associated with Pi where Ve is exalted, hence the link. 19. Sa gives success in any line of activity, hard working, disciplined. 20. Ra produces thief/bowman/dacoity/cheating/handles poisonous dangerous chemicals/medicines/manufacturing/big machines. 21. Ra is called Guha, one who hides.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
22. Ke signifies small machines. Earning through elephant (modes of communication, transportation) and swindler. Ke is an extreme form of Ma. 23. Swamsa - can be ASC (Lagnamsa) or AK (Karakamsa). Generally, Navamsa of self (Swa) it can be both, mostly it is Lagnamsa. 24. "Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah" - past life blessings (Navamsa) protects you in the present. Abilities that I have, come to me as a blessing. 25. Rasi Drishti will show that which will manifest at all times. Graha Drishti manifest only during the maha dasa/antardasa of a particular planet. 26. SL shows the blessings of Sri Lakshmi. Example Chart 1: 27. Su and Ke are in trines. Sa is in exchange with Su, which can show a traditionalist, working hard and consequently gets a lot of pain. 28. Ke - Good knowledge about computers, small instruments, swindler. 29. Take ASC as the reference point and look at Rasi Drishti and the trines. 30. Planets on both sides of ASC forming Kartari, it’s almost as if they are in ASC. Hence, Me + Ve and Mo also have an impact on the Lagna. Note - it must be Kartari for this to happen. 31. So, because of the above observation, Me =>Good student and Ve + Mo => luxuries and teaching. 32. Ve is Fine arts. Me likes to copy. So, An artist who draws well, combination turns out to be Me + Ve. 33. If it is a creative person, then it is Ve alone in ASC or trines to Navamsa Lagna. Example Chart 2: 34. Navamsa Lagna is in Sc - Ve + Ju + Ke with Mo in trines. 35. Ve - critical minded, Good visual memory, read between the lines. Ve (Jala tatwa planet) in a watery sign is good for creativity. 36. Ke - spirituality. 37. Ju, Ke - dual guru yoga. Parivartana between Ju and Ma. 38. Mo - good teacher, singing (artistic ability). 39. Exalted Su on the ASC - Social worker. 40. Total of 7 planets aspecting or conjoining the Navamsa Lagna shows such people are very talented. Things come very effortlessly to them. 41. What is seen from Navamsa Lagna can also be seen from AL. Discussion regarding Arudhas in a later class to follow.
42. Talent is manifested during the periods of the planets. Effects of antardasa brings forth the potential promised by the maha dasa. Also see Yogas and to what extent. 43. Special dasa called Lagnamsaka dasa, in NAVAMSA which will show when these abilities are physically fructified. 44. Note on Parivartana - you need a trigger to make the Parivartana results to manifest. Until then, you will need to see the planets in isolation forgetting the exchange. Example Chart 3: 45. Ta rising with Ju in it and Su in trines. Su - good administration. Ju- Wise, teacher, jack of all master of one. 46. Ju in ASC in general makes the right calls in all areas of life. 47. Note: There is trinal Kartari and quadrant Kartari also. Kartari shows balances. a. 4th and 10th - shows efforts b. 5th and 9th - shows blessings c. 2nd and 12th - resources and giving. Example Chart 4: Pope John Paul II, May 18 1920, 1730 2E GMT 19E30 49N53 48. Sc rising, Me in ASC, Subha Kartari, Ju + Ve + Ke. 49. Me => good business man, good occult learner 50. Ju + Ke => somebody born to spread some traditional knowledge. Ke=Parampara & continuity, Ju=Vedic Knowledge. 51. Ke - Moolatrikona is Pi, Matstya stands for rescuing Vedas. 52. Sa in trine is a traditionalist 53. Mo in Pi - Good teacher, compassionate. 54. Mo + Me - acting ability. 55. Simple sloka without any decoding. “Tatra Raho RajaKaryaparah” - pretty straightforward, standing for if sun in Swamsa (results already explained above in detail). “Rajakaryaparah” is somebody engaged in kingly duties. 56. Sloka with decoding “Tathakadayah dharmey” Aquarius Navamsa lakes, tanks, roads, temple Dharmey = dha ma 9 5 => reverse = 59 => remainder = 11th sign is Aquarius Navamsa.
61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67.
68. 69. 70.
Note this could mean 11th house or 11th sign. Combinations of planets (guidelines continued): 57. Su + Ra could indicate death due to snake venom. venom can also be poison in the body. A combination to indicate drug
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
addiction. If benefics are there, then there may be relief or may not happen at all. If Ma joins such a combination - gives the ability to burn the houses (arsonist). If Ve joins - then it shows fire fighter. (Side note: Ve deity is Maha Lakshmi who holds the Agni samhara mantra. Yogurt or dahi is signified by Ve) Note about the nature of planets: a. Ma - Agni tatwa. b. Ju - Akash tatwa. c. Ve – Jala tatwa. d. Me – Bhoo tatwa. e. Sa – Vayu tatwa. Bear in mind you can use these in Prasna and see who is influencing ASC in the Rasi chart. All knowledge is speculative and so be careful. Unlike Parasara, Jaimini is more secretive and purposely encrypted everything. Ra + Su + Ma + Ju - people who set fire to their own house. Ju is expansive and likes to spread. “Guru Drishtey twa samipa gruhaat” - Guru is Maheswara, he is the ultimate destroyer of the whole world. Sa + Ra = Seller or consumer of betel leaves, alcohol, drugs, or aphrodisiacs Mo + Ve - produces a sailor Watery planet indicates ships. Aspect of Ve (natural significator of vehicles) on moon strengthens it. Gulika in Swamsa - consumes poison or poisons elders, addictive material that is harmful to the body. Gulika & Mandi - some say that both are same. Uttarakalamritha says so. They are "sons" of Sa and show the misdeeds performed - torture that is embraced and given by you. You could say lot of toxins in the body, not a good combination. In simple words, they indicate, "what goes around comes around". Is there anything to nullify it? You have to look at the various planets and worship the house lord in which they are in. You should also see the house lord if he is benefic or not. Combinations helpful for prasna: a. Mo aspecting Gulika - receipt of stolen wealth. b. Me aspecting Gulika - disease of the private parts. Ke aspecting Swamsa - perforation of ear drums. 3rd house is for hearing. 9th from 3rd house is 11th house which is the dharma of the 3rd house. Affliction of the 11th house with Ke in Swamsa (trines) and malefics aspecting Swamsa (Rasi Drishti or th rd trines). Please note 11 house from the 3 is Lagna. Ve conjoining Ke - Religious learning, maybe initiated into a religious order.
72. Me + Sa conjoining/aspecting Ke - impotency. Me + Sa are eunuchs. Me + Sa or Ve in trines to D7 causes person to be childless. At least 2 planets are necessary to make it happen. 73. Me aspecting Ke - talkative person, one born to a maid servant or a concubine. 74. Sa + Ve + Ke = Tapaswi, who works hard, passionate and headless (detached) in his approach. Pope John Paul too has it. 75. Sa + Ke indicates a fraud. One who goes about with passion. 76. Su + Ve aspects karakamsa, royal assignment. 77. Me aspecting 10th from Swamsa gives results like Sa. Beneficial aspects on 10th house produce stable fortunes. Malefics cause fluctuations. 78. Su in 10th from Karakamsa aspected by Ju, produces man associated with husbandry, milkman. This, however, may not be too true since the knowledge may have got corrupted over the centuries. Observe, in the example of Gopala, it can mean many things and could be interpreted accordingly. 79. Tom Dellis speaks about his research of 15 years. Tom described a very interesting speech on a mathematical algorithm to generate ellipses for each of the planets. All planets are moving in this elliptical cycle. When moon’s node hits the plane of the vernal equinox, events will happen. He has been able to predict events in the stock market as a result of using these algorithms. For more details, please write to Tom.
Lesson #42 Compiled by: Palanivelu L.M Topics Covered: 1. Puzzle chart data 1: Male; Jan 20 1968; 2:55 AM (IST); Bangalore, India; a. Analysis of a puzzle for the correct marriage date out of four possible dates. b. Predicting the financial position using D2 Hora chart with Narayana dasa (D2) c. Meaning of the Hora chart houses from ASC and meaning of Arudha padas. d. Analysis of a big industrialist’s financial status from his D2 hora chart. e. Possible marriage dates: Jan 26, 97; Aug 22,99; May 9, 97; Aug 17, 1998 2. Example Chart 2: Male; June 13.1949; 10:52:04 IST; Palayamkottai, India. 3. Example Chart 3: Male (Big Industrialist); April 7, 1893; 9:31 Hrs Local Mean Time (5 hrs, 43 minutes, 40 sec East of GMT); Jamnagar (85E55; 20N56), India. Key Points: Puzzle chart data 1: Finding the actual marriage date among the above four dates: Using Vimsottari dasa: th 1. Since the 7 lord is in lagna, let us use Dwi-saptati sama nakshatra dasa. 2. To see marriage, spouse use see Navamsa chart. Ve is the karaka for marriage. The planets associated with ASC and 7th house give marriage. 3. Now taking Ra maha dasa (1994 April to 2003 April) and check it’s placement in D9. Ra is with Ve, the karaka for marriage. When 2 planets are together they exchange their results as long as they are not inimical. Ra gives Ve’s results. UL and A7 aspect this sign, shows the actual tangible marriage 4. Checking the antar dasa capable of giving marriage. Mo and Ju are having exchange and since UL and A7 are there in th Sagittarius, Mo and Ju are likely candidates. Ma is the 7 lord, th so likely. So Jan 26 and May 9 are likely. 5. Ma AD can’t give marriage as it’s with Su and it will give Su’s result. There is also an exchange b/n Ma and Sa in D9. Because of this Sa will give Su’s result. Ma will give Sa’s results and Su will give Ma’s results. So, Mo and Me Antardasa are likely to
give the results. Ju Pratyantardasa is likely to give marriage due to its exchange with Mo. Now analyzing using D9, ND: 6. Is Vi likely to give marriage? Yes, because the Vi sign is being aspected by UL. In general Ve and Ke are capable of giving marriage. Ke gives the lineage, parampara. Also the lagna and th 7 house dasa rasi can also giving marriage. 7. At the time of marriage if you see only Ke active in the dasa sign, it means that the person is getting married for the purpose of growing the lineage. On the other hand, Ve shows for the sake of love, kama etc... 8. Let us look at the antar dasa. We can rule out Cp AD (Aug 17, 98), because it has nothing to do with all the above mentioned significations. A8 there shows problems in marriage. 9. Let us use 3 part rule. Vi is a srishodhaya rasi so the sign gives st rd nd rd rd result in the 1 1/3 . 2 1/3 is Me. Last 1/3 is by planets aspecting and occupying the sign Vi. We know that the marriage here is given because of the occupants and aspects. rd 10. We have to divide the last 1/3 (Jan 99 to Jan 2000) by the 5 planets aspecting and occupying Vi. Now arranging from descending order, we get Ve, Mo, Me, Ra and Ke. From this Me’s period Aug 22, 99 sounds possible. We’ll have to confirm it with other techniques. 11. The conclusion is that this person would have got married in th May 9 , 1997. ( This was later by confirmed by the concerned person, to be right ) Now analysis using TP chart: (Both Rasi and Navamsa): 12. In 96 TP chart, Ma is the hora lord. Not very promising for the Jan26, 97 date. th 13. Let us look at 97 TP chart. Ve is the hora lord. Ve is the 5 lord th in D1 placed in the 7 house of marriage. It forms a nice raja yoga with Me and aspects lagna. This is a sure combination. th th Let’s confirm in D9 also. Ve is the 7 lord in 9 house in UL. Me th is in the 7 house. Pretty good. th 14. Let us check the dasa running then (May 9 , 97). It is Ve/Me. Perfect. So this also matches with what we just discussed. Don’t have to see other years. This is aligning very well. 15. For curiosity sake, let’s us check 99 TP chart. Hora lord is Ve. th th Ve is in 6 house in D9 which is the marana karaka sthana. 9 th lord in the 6 house does not show following dharma. Example Chart 2:
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Analysis of the financial situation using D2 – Kashinatha Hora chart: 16. For looking at finance in hora chart, Narayana dasa is the best dasa to see the results. Vimosattari is not very focused in hora. rd 17. Current D2 dasa is Le (from 1996 June to 2005 June). First 1/3 nd rd gives the result of the sign, Le. 2 1/3 is given by lord Su. The rd last 1/3 result will be given by the occupants and aspects. rd 18. Focusing on the last 1/3 part. There are 4 planets aspecting & occupying. In descending order, SU, Me, Ju and Sa. So from Sep 2004 to June 2005, the Sa’s results will be given. Sa is the th th 6 lord of hard work and 7 lord of desires, placed in marana karaka sthana. No a good period. Finance will be very tight. rd 19. Next dasa is that of Vi. The first 1/3 result will be given by the nd sign itself. It is the 2 houses of resources. In D2 chart, if there is an exalted or debilitated planet, he will make lot of money. If exalted it gives money easily. If debilitated, you have to work hard to get it. Checking from AL reference is very important in th D2. Here Vi is in the 10 house of karma. So you’ll be very busy and busy in the society. Hora lagna is the actual shows wealth and the actual. Gati lagna (GL) shows the power and influence. Since Ve is the lord of both GL and HL. These results will come rd in the last 1/3 of this dasa. 20. The conclusion is the current period is not good financially, but the coming years show promise. The meaning of each house in D2 K. Hora chart (chart of wealth and resources): 21. Lagna shows the true self from the point of view of finance and resources. nd 22. 2 house shows the resources you have at your command. rd 23. 3 house shows the initiative, enterprise and boldness that you have. th 24. 4 house shows the direction, comfort, happiness from finance. th 25. 5 shows your earning ability. th 26. 6 house shows the wealth make from the service done and the obstacles you face in the financial matters... th 27. 7 house shows the desires that you have and the interaction you have with others th 28. 8 house shows the investments, unexpected gains, risks, ups and downs one has in the financial matters. If one has a strong th 8 house, he/she could be a gambler. th 29. 9 house shows the fortune and protection one enjoys. th 30. 10 house shows the money related activity in the society, either making or spending money. th 31. 11 is the gains that you make
32. 12 is the losses. Loosing or letting some thing go. 33. AL in D2 is the overall financial image. A2 is the actual wealth and bank balance. A3 shows the enterprise of the person. A4 shows indicator of the comfort. A5 is the event showing his/her financial ability. A6 shows, service you do. A7 shows the tangible partner or relationship. A8 shows the actual risk that the person takes. Can show sudden change in the financial matters, either up or down. A9 shows the events establish the fortune. A10 shows the activities in society for making money. A11 shows the tangible profit you make . UL shows the tangible loss. Example Chart 3: Example showing the tangible loss, from a big Industrialist in preIndependence India, Chart 3: 34. In any divisional chart, check the placement of kaareshsa in that divisional chart is very important. For example for D2 chart, nd check the D1 2 lord’s placement in D2 hora chart. rd 35. In his chart, kaareshsa Me is in the 3 house of initiative. For rd Me, 3 is a good house. From Al, Me is in the trines, which is very good. It shows he is a capable person. Also Me is placed in UL. This shows that he invests the money always. Does not keep in one place. 36. Look at the relationship b/n AL and UL. If UL is well placed from AL, people think that he/she spends money wisely. Here it’s in the trine. People think that he’s a capable investor. Also Me is in GL. That means in financial matters he had connections with influential and powerful persons. 37. Cn dasa his financial career started. In Ge dasa, he started making lot of money and making partnerships. GL aspects Ge and Vi. Ge dasa was a very important dasa for him. Vi dasa is nd the 2 house of resources. Sa for Li lagna is the yoga karaka, well placed. Shows hardworking and industries. In Ta dasa his nd financial matters may have a death blow, due to 2 lord, maraka th th in the 8 house of longevity. Not good. Also it’s 10 from AL with Ma, shows warrior in his financial matters during that period. In this period he was imprisoned. He died as a broken man inspite of all his successes.
Lesson #43 Compiled by Palanivelu Topics Covered: 1. Example Chart 1: Male. Aug 31, 1953; 4:05 AM IST (rectified); Visakhapatnam, India. a. Discussion on native’s career prospects using Narayana dasa (ND), Tithi Pravesha chart. b. Discussion native’s D2 hora chart using Narayana Dasa to see his financial status. Key Points: Example Chart 1: 1. Current D10 ND, is Li ( 1998-08-31 - 2005-08-31).It's sirshodaya sign. The Li sign's results are given in the 1st part. The lord, Ve is in Ta, a prishtodaya sign, which will give it's results in the last 1/3rd portion. Now dividing the last portion based on Venus, which is a natural benefic. 2. First sub period (2003-4-28 to 2003-11-30) gives the result of the house where they are placed. Next sub period (2003-11-30 to 2004- -29) is given by the lordship of Ve (2nd and 9th house). 3rd sub period (2004-6-29 to 2005-1-28) gives the results of yogas the lord of the sign is involved with. 4th sub period (20051-28 to 2005-8-31) gives the results of avastha of the planet. 3. Cp and Aq antardasa are good. Should have got job, had a serious attempt was made. In Pi antardasa, it gives Ve and Ke yogas. Not good. Ke being the 3rd lord shows a short break. Also Ke burns down everything for moksha. In Ar antardasa, D10 Ve's Netrapani avastha result is given. Means putting lot of effort and working hard. Not good for getting job. 4. Next ND dasa (2005-8-31 to 2016-8-31)is Vi. It is the Asc, which gives new beginning, gives vitality. 11 from AL, very good. Vi is Sirshodaya sign. So the first 1/3 result is given by Vi sign, the rd next 1/3 is given by its lord Me, which is also in Sirshodaya sign. The first and 2nd 1/3rd are very likely to give a job, if not employed earlier. In D10, the dasa of LA, 5th and 10th sign are very important to get the job. Me is involved in a nice raja yoga with Sa in the 2nd house. This raja yoga will fructify in the second 1/3rd portion, when dasa lord Me yoga has to give its results. Me here is a malefic because it's with the malefic Sa. 2010 and 2011 seem very prominent. 5. Let's see the 2010 TP chart for any special events. Hora lord, ruler of the year is Ma. Here in D1, hora lord and LL are together to give a nice yoga. AmK and AK give a nice yoga too.
This 12th house yoga means he may be attached to that fructification and he has to make some compromise involved etc. From AL, 3 houses that stand out are 1st (overall image), 2nd th (resources feeding the image) and 9 (protection). Here it's in the 2nd from AL, which is very good. Let us see if this yoga is relating to career or not. Let us see D10. Hora lord is exalted along with LL and 10th lord. Lakshmi yoga and dharma karmadhipathi yoga are given. Ma or Ju periods are likely to give good results. Let's come to the current period TP of 2004. Mo is the hora lord. In D10 Gaja Kesari yoga in ASC shows long lasting fame. Mo is the 3rd lord of break and Ju as 8th lord of retirement do not favor getting a new job. But they can give a good work, which will give fame later. D10 current Me dasa, 5th lord gives some hope. But Me is not linked with the ruler of the year. So not that strong. In next Sa dasa, it gives Ma's results, which is related to business (Ma being 7th lord) not service. Me dasa has better chance than Sa dasa. Let us see 2005 TP chart. Hora lord is Me. In rasi chart it's well placed. Let's see the sahamas for career, Karma sahama 7 Ge 12. Its lord is Me. Sahama is to be seen in the rasi chart only. rd Let us see this in the D10 also. Hora lord is exalted in the 3 house. House of break/ vacation, initiative. 3rd lord in 3rd house means the initiative he takes is under less pressure, relaxed. 3rd house having benefics is more relaxed. Do have to work hard. If a malefic is in the 3rd house they promote that house in an aggressive way. LL Mo is aspecting LA, Cn. Important Arudha A10 and A5 are together forming nice yoga. 6th lord in 6th is Harsha yoga. Overall this year he'll be more relaxed. Planets conjoining 6th house are 6th and 5th. Dhimantha yoga - putting th your abilities to overcome the obstacles. 5 and 9th lord are together gives a raja yoga. Su in GL is an adhi mitra dasamsa shows power, recognition of abilities. During Ma dasa, wherever he goes, he will get responsibilities to show his abilities. During this year, service is recommended because 6th lord of service is strong in its own house forming raja yoga. For political leader, 5th house is very important as it's the house of recognition, abilities and following.
11. In 2005 D10 TP chart, Ju and Ke in 6th house, is in yamaamsa shows, unemotional, impassionate, dutiful. Ju shows respectful service. People will look up to him for consultation. So it shows some kind system/device verification job, due to Yama's amsa. Example Chart 2:
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
12. Now let's see the natal D2 hora chart Narayana dasa. 1993 to 2002 he ran Sagittarius dasa. Simply, 5 house dasa. Trine shows ability. From AL, it's the 8th house, which says loosing or gaining money suddenly in the financial status. Knowing whether it is a loss or gain is based on the malefic or benefic planet in that house respectively. Here look at the sign. Here it's a sign owned by the benefic planet so it a gain. 13. 2002 to 2004 is a Taurus dasa. From D2 LA, it's a quadrant, so he has to put efforts to manage the finance. From AL, it is the 1st house, new beginning in the financial status. AL lord Ve is not well placed. It has Mo which is in Parivartana with Ve, forming duryoga. Shows some set back in finances. 14. 2004 to 2013 is Li D2 ND. 3rd house shows, having to put lot of efforts to make things happen. If a malefic (Sa) is there it means you have energy, drive and initiative to swim against the stream. th Sa owns 6 and 7th. 6th lord in 3rd is good placement akin to vipareeta raja yoga. A11 shows tangible gains. Lord Ve is not well placed (12th), to give financial results. The hora chart nd kareyesha Su (from rasi's 2 lord) having aspect on Libra, is a very good protection. 15. According to the 3 part rule, the 1st portion being Sirshodaya rasi gives the result of the rasi itself 1st. 2nd, the lord Ve is placed in Prishtodaya rasi. 16. So the lord gives it's result in last 1/3rd of the dasa. The aspects and occupants of the Li rasi give the middle 1/3. 17. 2004 to 2007 period, the sign gives result. He may have to work hard. 2007 to 2010 is a very good period. Su and Ma raja yoga results are given in this period. After 2010, he has to watch out. Not a good one. 18. To see in general, whether an investment is good for this person, look at the Arudha pada of the 12th house, UL. Investing is letting/giving away some thing go, which is 12th house/UL matters. UL is in 8th house in D2. It shows the investments are made in impulse w/o much of thoughts. Will his investments give him gains or loss? Since his UL is in 11th from AL, people perceive that, he gains from his investments. A5 being with UL, it shows the world, that he is capable of investing. A11 shows the tangible gains in this investment. For that there should be a link b/n UL and A11, some how. 19. According to 2004 TP chart, checking the hora lord Mo in D2 TP chart. It's in 12th from LA. It shows some tightness in the financial situation. From AL it's in the 8th. Krishna paksha Mo is a malefic. So a malefic in the 8th from AL shows a fall of financial 20. status in the current year. ASC has Ju. It is not good as he is the rd badhakesh here. LL Me is in the friendly 3 house. Drive is
199 Lesson #44
there. Kaaryesha Ve is in the 2 house, which is good. Overall it's a very good year for finance. Next year as far as finance (D2, TP) is concerned hora lord is Me. Hora lord owns Lagna. So there will be a new beginning or a rd new start. It's in the 3 house which is a good house for Me. From AL, Me is in the 11th house, which means others think he's making gains. So overall a good year. Ve and Ju form raja yoga. In 2006, hora lord is Mo. In D2 TP, Mo forms kind of vipareeta rd raja yoga. There is a Parivartana b/n 3 lord and 12th lord, which is an auspicious yoga. The planet who is supposed to give losses is made to work hard here. Not bad. From AL, Mo is in the 5th house of abilities. So this year is also a good year as far as finance is concerned. So overall from all the above analysis, our conclusion is coming 11 months are very favorable. He may have to look for system/device verification kind of job in the coming year. If the quadrant lord is in devaloka (in Vimsopaka balas), then that person will have a caliber of a Rishi and will do very good karma in that planet's period. Here in D1 chart, Sa is the quadrant lord placed in develoka. So these results are likely to be felt in Sa's period In mundane chart give importance to Lagna Vimsottari dasa scheme, and in the human chart give more importance to Chandra vimsottari, even if ASC is marginally stronger.
Compiled by Saloni Fadia Topics Covered: 1. Questions and Answers Session. 2. Drig dasa – Brief Introduction Key Points: Q1: How do you know if a chart time is accurate or not? Will that change the ASC for the rasi charts and also the divisional charts? It is not always that a chart of a particular country or person will be true and accurate. For example no one knows for sure when USA signed for its independence. There are at least 10 to 15 USA charts with different times and dates. Thus it is important to see the events and rectify the charts. It is best to stick to natal charts for doing a reading. Uncertainty of the time will change the ASC and also the navamsa and all the other divisional charts. The ASC changes every 4 minutes in the D-24 and every 6 minutes in the D-20 and every 2 minutes in the D-60. It is best to look at the various LA’s and see which one makes more sense. You should look at the rasi chart and judge from the moon also. Q2: How do you predict events and what planets do you look at and also what houses to see the effects? Every planet’s position can be taken as an ASC and looked at issues covering those planets. We look at the moon as the ASC to judge how the mind of the person is. To see what the level of energy or drive is, we look at mars as the LA. To look at the wisdom or intelligence we use Ju as the LA. For sense pleasures and happiness we look at Ve as the LA. The philosophy of Astakavarga is based on this principle. If you want to see the hard work and discipline the person will have then look at Sa as the LA. Look at the ownership, occupancy, avastha. th
For example if Ju is the 8 lord in the 8 house we first see what planet it is and then its agenda and how is it disposed. The ASC stands for the sum total of your being. So if you take Ju as ASC here the first thing you see is that Ju is well placed in its own house, then th look at how the other planets are in relation to Ju in the 8 house as the LA. See if the planets are helping or hurting Ju and its agenda. th th Ju in the 8 is a good yoga in its own house. The agenda is the 8 th house so all the positive aspects of the 8 house (sudden th developments in life, beneficial changes) will come into play. The 8 th lord in the 8 house is called Sarala yoga and since it is Ju its effect
will be gentler in pace and effect. If say Ma was the 8 lord in the 8 house it would be aggressive and not so gentle and peaceful. When th we look at the 8 house we look for changes, uncertainty (for either good or bad) and depending on what planet it is – it will give results accordingly. th
So if the 6 house lord is in the 6 house then it will never do harm. th th The 6 house stands for service, obstacles and so the 6 lord being th in the 6 house will enable the person to overcome the obstacles. The agenda of the planet will be to overcome the obstacles. When th th the 6 lord is in the 6 house it is called Harsha yoga, it will give a worry-free and easy going situation especially if a benefic planet is th the 6 lord in its own house. Malefic like Ma will give some problems but it will give the person opportunities to overcome the difficulties. th
If you want to judge the hard work the person will do, then see the 8 house from Sa. According to Brihat Parasara, the house rather than the karaka is most important. If you want to see the power of the th person, see the 5 house from Su. If you want to see the courage of rd th the person, see the 3 house from Ma. For children see the 5 th house from Ju. For mental peace see the 4 house from Moon, especially in the Navamsa chart since it is the chart of the inner self. th Rasi chart is the chart of outer self. For mental happiness see the 4 house from Mo in the Navamsa chart. For analyzing luxurious, see th th the 4 house from Ve in all the charts. The 4 house from the Mo in th D-24 or D-20 shows how peaceful the person is. The 5 from the Su in D-10 shows the power one will enjoy in the professional life. Q3: How do you look at Arudha LA’s and read them in context to the Rasi chart and other planets? The ASC stands for the physical body. The image your body has to th the outer world is seen from the AL. So if the 8 house from ASC is th strong but the 8 from Sa is weak it can create problems and bring changes and will be unlucky. The ability to struggle is not there. So th the Arudha of the 8 house (A8) shows the tangible manifestation of th the problem. Looking at the 9 house (A9) shows the fortune of the person. So if a person has a strong A9 and is say for example in a mercurial sign like Virgo or Ge, then he or she will be a successful th trader, educationist or a journalist. If say the A9 is in the 12 house then the fortune will come from the person being very spiritual, generous and he or she will be fortunate in a foreign country. Example Chart: Birth time 9:27pm; Mumbai; India Jan 14, 1964. th th Here the 9 lord Ma (which is the yogakaraka) is exalted in the 6 house of Capricorn but it is combust. Combustion is important but it is overrated. If say Ve was very close to Su and combust then it
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
would be bad but when we are looking at Ma which is like a Army chief is close to the Su who is the king, and both are Kshatriya’s it is less important of a problem as compared to say if Ju was too close to the Su. Here since Ma is so close to the Su it will behave like Su. th The A9 being in the 12 house (Cancer) it means giving up the country you were raised in to experience the fortunes in life. A9 has rasi drishti of Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio, and thus Ve (in Aquarius) is thus aspecting A9. Ve is the karaka of the Upapada (UL) and lord of UL, is aspecting A9 thus shows that there will be fortune after marriage through spouse. Since Mo is the lord of the th 12 house and it is with Ke and with Me which is the Arudha LL (AL) the world will see this person as a fortunate person. The Su and Ma th being together in the 6 house of Capricorn is the real raja yoga. The Maya based raja yoga is seen from the AL (mercury) and since its lord is with the A9 lord (moon) although it is eclipsed by Ke since Ve is aspecting A9 it will bring fortune to the spouse. Q4: How do the gochara planets (transiting planets) affect Arudha LA? Gochara planets (transiting planets) also affect the Arudhas. For example, Sa in Ge for this person was a bad transit since Sa was th with the AL. Ju transit in the 4 house from AL (Virgo) is good but once it comes into Li (in trine to AL) it is not considered good. Transiting Rahu/Ke in trines from AL is very good and a blessing. Q5: What is a parivartana Yoga? Parivartana Yoga – if two planets are friendly then it will give a good yoga. If the two planets are enemies it will give a bad yoga. Also say th th if there is parivartana yoga between 8 and 9 lord then it is a bad th th yoga. But a parivartana between 7 and 9 house lords yoga is rd good. So the house and the planet both are important. Between 3 th and 7 house since they are in the same trikona, it is a good yoga. rd th The 3 house stands for initiative and the 7 house stands for experience and strong drive, it is good. Q6: How to see if a person is a spiritual person or not? What are the signs or houses or planets which show a spiritual person? A strong Su shows someone who is atma jyana. A strong Ju shows someone who is a wise and knowledgeable person like Swami Aurobindo. A strong Sa shows one who is a sanyasi and who has no desire and is happy to work hard. A strong moon shows someone who is compassionate. Every planet can give spirituality. th th We should see D-20 (Vimsamsa chart) and there see the 4 and 9 th house. Also see the 4 house from AL in the D-20 and see which planet it is? If it is Ju the person will be happy to follow the tradition,
if the planet is Moon/ Me it means the person has bhakti yoga and if there is Sa it means he is a yogi.
Lesson #45 Compiled by Kiran Chandrashekar
To see what direction the atma is taking see the 4 from atmakaraka and the narayana dasa of D-20 to see the spiritual progress. To see the spirituality of the person see the rasi dasa (drig dasa) which shows the progress the person is making, and if that is aspected by Ke or containing Ke it is very auspicious. Q7: How effective is it to use gems for remedial measures? For remedial measures the best and Satwik approach is to pray to the various deities. Wearing gems as a remedial measure is a Rajasik approach. It is also not advisable to wear dusthana lord’s gems. Also it is advisable not to wear gem stones of planets of the nd th 2 and 7 house since these are maraka houses. Wearing the gem of LL or 9th lord is the best and most auspicious. One should look at the Moon, AL and ASC for deciding to wear a gem or not. Best is to pray which is most effective.
Topics Covered: 1. Graha Arudhas 2. Brief overview of beeja aksharas and beeja mantras and ida, pingala nadi 3. Example Chart 1: Male; Jan 10 1953, Manchester UK , 20:16(Local time) or 20:25(GMT). Discussed which of LMT or GMT is correct time. 4. Example Chart 2: Sachin Tendulkar - Apr 24 1973, 16:28 IST, 70E00 20N00, 5:30 East of GMT. Discussed a. Marriage prediction, b. Guessing wife's career and application of Graha arudhas c. Annual TP charts 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2009. Key Points: Example Chart 1: 1. This chart is presented with 10 minute uncertainty. Discussed below is GMT and Local Mean time. 2. Every place had its own time before the standard time came into vogue. In JHORA, If you use LMT instead automatically, it will make Time Zone 0 basically making it mutually exclusive. 3. Reason, Look at the Longitude, 2 W 13 minutes of GMT. Apply 4 minutes for every degree...13minutes can be approximated to 1/4 degree(15minutes). Therefore, LMT will be off from standard time by 2.25 degrees*4 = roughly 9minutes. 4. Basically, 20:16 LMT and 20:25 GMT are one and the same. You can verify this using Jhora with and without checking "Use LMT instead". There is a small error, however. 5. Its not that one is more accurate than the other. If your watch was set to LMT or GMT, you should enter the time accordingly in JHora.If you were to accurately find the LMT, it comes to 20:15:8 and this was approximated to 20:16. Both these times have the same ASC. 6. Usually people use clock time, based on a particular TZ, standard time. Radio time is found for the particular line that goes through. Radios/TVs stick to standard time. Old charts were calibrating it for the LMT, as far as they are concerned, they are at a fixed point. 7. Tricky only when you look at old charts. Somebody may have converted standard to LMT or vice versa, you need to ask that person. You may have to take both into account(cause you can
never be sure) and see which makes more sense. In case of the example above, gentleman was good enough to note both the times. 8. Lot of people are confused. They think that using LMT will give more accurate time, which is true ONLY if that TZ was used in measuring the time. You are well advised to start with a birth time which is +/- 5-10 minutes off. Example Chart 2: Sachin Tendulkar Chart Analysis "Nimitta" - Phone rings as Narasimha brings the chart up and was pondering about the birth time. Nimittas are auspicious events to help "remove confusion". Puzzle: Sachin got married in either of 1994, 1995 or 1996. Look at Annual TP charts and find the possible month when he got married. Marriage Prediction : 1994 Annual TP: 9. In Rasi HL - Me is in 8th house with 12th lord sun. Vivaha sahama is in 28 24" Sg. 10. 7th Lord and UL lord, Ju is in the 2nd house and in a quadrant to HL - good 11. In D9 7L moon is in Lagna and Ra is in the 7th house. There is some chance Marriage Prediction : 1995 Annual TP: 12. In Rasi HL - Ve(Naisargika vivaha karaka) exalted in the 12th house. Lord of Kutumbhasthana(2nd) and 7th house. 13. Navamsa Ju is the 7th L in the 8th house in Neecha( retrograde) and because of Neecha bhanga raja yoga, behaves as if he is in Cancer.5th Lord Ve is associated with Lagna Lord Mercury. Both are in UL. 14. Vivaha Sahamas - 26 Ta 24, Owned by Venus, significator of marriage. See Ju(7th lord in navamsa), 9th Lord is aspecting vivaha sahama closely and aspecting it and in a trine to Venus. Chances are much better. 15. Sachin - natal lagna - Virgo. From Virgo, annual TP lagna is the 8th house - that is the area of life which will be very strong during that year - truth, blessings or curses relating to the 8th house(in rasi) will be manifested in the current year. 16. House alone - This is not a single factor which will shadow everything else. Also look at who is in the 8th house, 8th Lord all these play a role too.8th house has Ve, exalted Sun. Results related to Venus and Sun can be experienced. Exalted Mars will be activated. Overall, chances are pretty strong that he will get married this year.
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
17. Dasas likey to give marriage: Ve- ruler of the year. Ju - 9th L in rasi. 7thL in navamsa aspecting vivaha sahama. Why not Me dasa who is with Venus in Navamsa. 18. Between Ra and Ju, there is no friendhsip. Each will give its own results. Rahu will actually spoil Jupiter's results. It is highly unlikely that they will exchange results with Jupiter. 19. Venus gets maximum vote. Jupiter follows next followed by Me and Ra. Concluding, 1995 is a strong candidate for giving marriage. Marriage Prediction : 1996 Annual TP: 20. In Rasi HL is sun -> exalted 3rd lord in the 11th house with the 11th lord. Forgetting marriage for a second, we can say with confidence that this is a year of great gains. Note, the 3rd lord, seed of kama trikona is strong, hence great year for achievement.5th Lord Venus is in lagna and 7th lord Ju is in 7th house. 21. In Navamsa Parivarthana between Moon(7th) and Mars(10th) lords. Ra is weakening this exchange. Vivaha sahama is in 25 Vi 2". Ra (21 Vi 47") is quite close and afflicting it. Sa is the 8th and 9th L aspecting virgo.1996 indicates strong possibilities and afflictions too - reasonable candidate.1995 is the pick. Let us time the marriage now: 22. Ve dasa is the clear favorite (Sep-Nov 95). turns out Sachin did not marry during this period. Me dasa seems less likely, Asc lord in D9 joining Ve but 3rd and 6th lord in rasi.Ju is the 9th L in rasi and 7th lord in navamsa aspecting vivaha sahama. Moreover, Jupiter has the ear of the king, in rasi he is in a trine to the HL Venus. 23. Strong possibility of Marriage in Ju-Ve (May 23- jun6) - true, Marriage occurred on May 25th.Note, in the natal chart, lagna lord is in the 7th house in both rasi and navamsa - standard rule in classics say such a person is "henpecked". Graha Arudhas: 24. Houses are inanimate beings, no potency in them - denote the limbs of kalapurusha. House lords are the intelligence that drive the matters of various houses, they are the avataras of Maha Vishnu (Ke - Meena(fish) avatara, Ra - Varaha(pig) avatara)...Narayana (paramapurusha) is the energy that makes the world move. For example: 7th house shows marriage, relationship with wife, inanimate. 7th L shows the intelligence that drives the marriage. 25. parama purusha is the same within all of us - this very same intelligence manifests in different ways like "my intelligence", "my wife's intelligence" etc. Truth is that the intelligence driving all of
us is one and the same, house lords show the same truth. Therefore, house lords are the satya and they too have arudhas called "graha arudhas". Graha arudhas are calculated like this - from the house lord of interest, count how many houses to the house. Calculate so many houses from the house and you arrive at "graha arudha". Lets take Sachin Tendulkar's chart. In navamsa, take the 7th Lord Sun(in Cancer). 7th house is Leo. Number of houses from House Lord, Sun to Leo is 1. Count 1 house from 7th house, Leo and you end up at Virgo which is the graha arudha of the 7th house(wife). Now, you can make conclusions about wife and her career using Virgo as lagna - this shows the image, manifestation of the wife as an intelligent, thinking persons. JHORA HOW-TO: Pick any chart of interest. Right Click>Choose a View (this option is the 2nd from the bottom)>Standard View with Graha arudhas. Consider 4th house - shows the learning process.4th Lord shows the supreme intelligence applied to learning - it is animate and shows a person like a guru, friend, student or even an enemy. An enemy makes fun of me and makes me think and I learn in the process. Consider these statements, "Wife is an excellent engineer" "father became the president of India" "brother became doctor and got the best doctor award" - all these show the graha arudhas of wife, father and brother in the corresponding divisional charts respectively. If you want to talk about father in dwadasamsa(d12), 9th house, 9th Lord, Arudha of the 9th house and Graha arudha are important. Same can be said about self, ASC, LL, AL and Graha Arudha of lagna (L1) need to be considered. Lagna is the circumstance of your existence. Lagna Lord(satya) is the intelligence actively driving your existence, decision making, thinking, feeling. When someone says "very intelligent knowledgeable person", that is the arudha of the Lagna lord (i.e. graha arudha) rising. This is maya relating to the Narayana within you. So, take Arudha of your lagna lord and see how different planets are aspecting/conjoining and this will show what people's perception of you as an intelligent, thinking living person...this keeps changing with respect to time. Applying the same to profession,someone can be an engineer, doctor, lawyer- this shows the maya surrounding their existence( inanimate, kalapurusha). This shows the environment in which they thrive. In Tendulkar's chart, A7 in Navamsa is Ge - this shows the arudha of the 7th house...maya surrounding Tendulkar's wife, it
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
shows the circumstances of her creation. A7 is influenced by Ke, Ra, Ma, Me. 10th house from A7 has Ke and 10th from 7th has Ju indicating something satwic/spiritual type career. Also note, Ma/Ke are the 6th lords from Virgo and in 4/10 houses respectively, 2nd lord Moon in 6th house. Mo+Ke+Ma -> one of the possible results given by classics is a doctor and she is a psychotherapist. Is it an intelligent career - Ketu in 10th can make one a headless whacko. Is "whacko" maya or satya. Take the Graha arudha to judge that. Look at 10th from L7, it has Mercury in the 4th house aspecting the 10th house - shows a very analytical, lunar, piscean circumstances surrounding her job. Putting the two together, we can see so much about the person's career. 36. There are 5 things which you need to consider a. A5 - arudha of the 5th house - tangible manifestation of abilities, an inanimate object like a trophy or certificate or memento. b. 5th from AL - Perceived abilities of my tangible inanimate existence. c. 5th from Lagna lord - ability paramapurusha has endowed you with d. 5th from Graha arudha of the 5th house(L5) - perceived abilities in the minds of people - of the tangible manifestation of paramapurusha within me. e. 5th from Lagna - real ability. 37. Make sure you understand the above definitions or stick to ASC, houses from it and arudha lagna and house from it. Contemplate and do tapasya to get clarity. Kalapurusha(maya) is evident, tangible and easier to understand. Narayana or parama purusha is subtle. Beejakshara and Beeja mantras to get clarity: Pray to Dakshina Murthy. 38. The mantra is "Om shreem dhleem medha dakshinamurthaye namah".shreem is made up of beejaksharas, sha, ra, ee. The letter ra is "Pingala" nadi dhleem is made up of beejaksharas, dha, la, ee. The letter La is "Ida" nadi. OR "Om shleem dhleem jyotirbraahmaya namah". shleem is made up of beejaksharas, sha, la, ee. The letter La is "Ida" nadi. Dhleem is made up of beejaksharas, dha, la, ee, Again, this is "Ida" nadi. This is a pure ida nadi mantra.Beejaksharas activate various nadi joints. They help remove obstructions in these nadi joints and energy flow across these nadis smoothly.
39. The first letter "dha or dhi" is important for intellect. The 2nd letter "ra" stands for the "Pingala" nadi - Right side structured/mathematical approach - represented by FIRE, hence SUN. If the 2nd letter is "la" stands for the "Ida" nadi - Left side intuitive approach - represented by JALA, hence Moon. Ida nadis (left brain) cross with Pingala nadis(right brain) in the neck region. 40. People with Strong Left Brain are mathematical - denotes Pingala nadi. People with Strong right brain are intuitive denotes Ida nadi. Use beejakashara depending on which nadi you want to activate. 41. Any day is good, preferably Thursday to chant these. If the mind is pure, this can be chanted anytime, any day and anywhere. But, powerful beeja mantras need to be taught by a guru and some opine that a good posture is necessary. 42. Remember, different vowels stand for different things. a. A - stands for creation b. E - stands for sustenance c. U or O as in "hroom" - destructive. Removal of poisons from the subtle body. d. When you say OM, all badness and toxins are removed. Utterance of OM invites Brihaspati who is the owner. Example Chart 2: Sachin Tendulkar TP Chart Analysis 1998: Will he play good cricket in Sani dasa? 43. Hora lord is Sa, 3rd and 4th lord debilitated in 6th house with Ma + Su. This is extremely good. 3rd from AL has 23 malefics, Sa+ Ma+ Su - this is an auspicious combination for destroying enemies (i.e. bowlers).Indeed, in Sa dasa(apr18-May6) - in a tournament in Sharjah, India, on the verge of being eliminated was saved by Tendulkar's heroic knock of 140+ which took the nation to Finals. He made yet another century in the finals to win the trophy for India. 1999: Father passed away in Sani dasa 44. Hora Lord - Ju, Sa + Su + Me in Aries. 9th Lord Mercury with Malefic Sa and Sun (natural significator of father). Something bad relating to father may happen. In D12 - 9th lord Me is in the 8th and in trines to Sa. 45. Note, Physical death - denotes disappearance of maya associated with a person. 46. A9 is in Aries. 7th from A9 has Ke (8L from A9). Rasi has Sa afflicting Su + Me (9th lord) 47. D12 - A9 with Ra + Mo and Ke (8th L in 7th) 2003: Return of Tendulkar from a slump
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
48. 2 test matches were played between dec26-jan5. Tendulkar made more runs in 3 days than the previous year put together. 49. Hora Lord – Mars. In D10, Mo + Ju form a Gaja Kesari Yoga(GKY) in the 12th house. According to the classics, GKY gives long lasting fame. If you look closely at this chart, this is the association of 8th L (Ju) and 12th L (Mo) in the 12th house(dusthana). So, this is also a Vipareeta Raja Yoga (VRY). Its good that this VRY is occurring in a dusthana, full results will be experienced due to this. Thus, GKY + VRY gives a reversal of fortune, from one extreme to another. 50. Tendulkar made 240 not out and 62 not out, a total of 302 runs in 3 days. 2005: Will Tendulkar Retire? 51. Hora lord - Su, 3rd Lord exalted in 11th house. 52. In D10, 11th Lord Sun in 12th house (marana karaka stana) Badakesha(11th L) Moon in 12th house - very good, removal of badha. Surgery this year - possible in Ju dasa. 53. Ju - 3rd and 6th lord in lagna. 3rd lord in lagna shows a short break. 54. Houses involved for Surgery are 6th and 12th. 6th house of overcoming obstacles and 12th house of hospitalization. 2006: Glorious year th 55. HL - Sa in 4 , ASC has exalted 5th L Sun. 56. LL Ma is in the 3rd - malefic in the 3rd is excellent, shows pride, fighting. 57. AL - Ma in 11th house and Su in the 9th house. Undoubtedly, Ma and Su dasas are going to be very good. Debilitated 6th L Me is with badakesha(11th L) Ra in the 12th house in rasi. In D10, there is parivartana between Sa and Me. 58. Transits from Moon: 59. Ra - dasa lord (currently in pisces) in the 4th from moon destroys sukha. 60. Ra moves to Aq in 1.5yrs, Nov 2006. Ra is good in 3, 6, 11. 61. Dasa lord in Aq (own house), 6th from lagna and Ra in trines to AL (protects maya surrounding image) 62. and Aq is 3rd from chandra lagna - this is going to be a glorious year for Tendulkar 2009: Tendulkar’s retirement 63. HL - Moon.10th L Ju, afflicted by Ra (Guru chandala yoga), debilitated in the 8th house of retirement. In D10, 8th L Mo in 7th house -> Marakasthana. In addition, moksha karaka Ke is also present with Ju. Gajakesari yoga with Mo(8th in 7th) + Ju
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Appendix A: Glossary:
(Lagna lord + 4th Lord) - This is a duryoga for career but career will end in a good way because of Gaja Kesari Yoga. AD AK Amk Aq Ar ASC AV BAV BK CK Cn Cp DAD Ge GK Gk GL HL Ju Ke Le Li LL Ma Md MD Me MKS Mo ND PAD PD Pi PK PPL Ra Sa SAD SAV Sc Sg Su
Antardasa Atma karaka Amatya Karaka Aquarius or Kumbha Ar or Mesha Lagna, Ascendant Astakavarga Bhinna Astaka Varga Bratru karaka Chara Karaka Cancer or Karkataka Capricorn or Makara Deha-Antardasa Ge or Mithuna Gnati Karaka Gulika Gatika Lagna Hora Lagna Jupiter Ketu Leo or Simha Li or Tula Lagna Lord or Ascendant Lord. Mars Mandi Maha Dasa Mercury Marana Karaka Sthana Moon Narayana Dasa Prana-Antardasa Pratyantardasa Pisces or Meena Pitru karaka Prana pada Lagna Rahu Saturn Sookshma-Antardasa Sarva Astaka Varga Scorpio or Vrishchika Sagittarius or Dhanush Sun
Appendix A: Glossary: Ta UL VD Ve Vi
Taurus or Vrishaba th Upapada lord – Arudha of 12 house Vimsottari Dasa Venus Virgo or Kanya
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Appendix B: Quick Reference
Topics Covered 1. Mantras for learning astrology. 2. Introduction to Vedic astrology (basic concepts).
1. Puranic stories and their relevance to individuals 2. Introduction to what the planet represents
1. Bhavas ( Houses) 2. Quadrants (Kendras) & Trines ( Konas) 3. Classification of Houses (Own, Moolatrikona, Exaltation, Debilitation ) 4. Graha Drishti. Rasi Drishti Graha Drishti. Argala & Virodhargala Illustrated the above using Sri Rama’s chart
Example Chart(s) Data None
1. 2. 3. 4.
1. Concept of Hora. How weekdays evolved
1. Part 1: Mantra Shastra in detail 2. Part 2: Divisional charts – Introduction.
Chart 1: Female Nov 1 1973, 4:07 am; 5:30 East of GMT; 74 E 51 12 N 54; Aishwarya Rai - Rasi and D-10 observations
1. Continuation of few Mantra Sastra principles. 2. Introduction to Chart Analysis. All aspects relating D-24 is considered to illustrate the analysis
Chart 1: Male, 7 Aug 1963, 9:15:40 pm, 83 E 58 and 21 N 27. D-24 Analysis. Chart 2: Sri Aurobindo; Aug 15,1872 5:08 AM (5:53:23 LMT) 88 E 22 22N32– Analysis of D-24 and Rasi. Chart 3: May 20, 1894; 1:22:00
Lord Rama’s Chart
Appendix B: Quick Reference Lesson
1. Introduction to Amsa rulers 2. Example of amsa rulers in the D-24 chart of data 3. Amsa Rulers of Dasamsa – dasa dikpalakas 4. Examples of Dasamsa with Amsa Rulers
1. Arudha Padas – Introduction
1. Continuation of Arudha Padas. 2. Brief introduction to Dasas. 3. Analysis of D-24
1. Revision of what dharma-artha-kamamoksha houses represent 2. Revision of Arudha Padas – theory.
1. Revision of aspects, dharma-artha-kamamoksha trines and dasas.
Example Chart(s) Data pm. 79E32 and 11 N 57 – Swami Chandra Sekhar Saraswati Chart 1: Aug 7, 1963, 9:15:40 am, 83E58, 21N27 Chart 2:1 Nov 1973, 4:07 am, 74E51, 12N54 Chart 3: July 9, 1956, 11:17 am, 7 hrs West of GMT 122W1, 37N58 Chart 4: 3 Nov 1933, 3:40 pm, 87E32, 23N55 Chart 5: July 25, 1961, 5:07 pm, 75E50, 22N44 Chart1: Apr 4, 1970; 5:47 pm; Machilipatnam, India; 5:30 E of GMT. Chart2: 1 Nov 1973, 4:07 am, 74E51, 12N54. Chart3: Jan 12, 1863; 6:33 am; 83E30, 33N40; 5:54 E of GMT. Chart 1: April 4, 1970, 5:47 pm; Machilipatnam, India. 81E08 and 16N10. Chart2: June 13, 1949; 10:55:00 am; Palayamkottai, India. Chart1: 4 Apr1970, 5:47:13 pm, Machilipatnam, 81E8, 16N10. Rasi and D-24 analysis. Chart2: India – Aug 15 1947, Time - 00:00:01, Delhi, India. Chart3: May 22, 1972, 8:15 pm, proddatur, India. Navamsa analysis. ( Time later rectified to 8:12 pm as we proceeded in lesson) Chart1: Sanjay Gandhi Dec. 14,1946 9:30:25 AM IST 72E50 80N58
216 Lesson 13
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Topics Covered 1. In this class the following topics are covered: 2. How to read D7 (Saptamsa) chart and how to time what happened to children? 3. How to read D3 (Parasari Drekkana) chart for Siblings. 4. Illustrated the above two charts’ concepts using some example charts 5. Introduction to Tithi Pravesha Chart
1. Tithi pravesha chart reading 2. Pundit Sanjay Roth’s lecture on AK (Atma Karaka), Vargottama
1. Quick review on what we learnt so far 2. Quick review on AL and Arudha Padas 3. Discussed on Rasi, Navamsa and Dasamsa charts with an example 4. Discussion on CharaKarakas, AK
1. Karakas: Naisargika Karakas, Chara karakas, Sthira karakas 2. Illustrated Chara Karaka concepts using some example charts 3. Concept of Birth Time correction and Job loss analysis using Vimsottari Dasa
Example Chart(s) Data
Chart 1: US President (2000200X) George W. Bush. Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”) Chart 2: Birth Data - Male, August 31, 1953, 4:05 AM, 83E18, 17N42. Birth chart rectification and D-10 analysis
Appendix B: Quick Reference
Topics Covered 1. Brief discussion on Chara karaka (AK & AmK) replacement 2. Time rectification (later fixed to 2:22 pm) and Career analysis using D-10 Chart
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 1: Male; May 21, 1974; 3:58 PM (IST); Bangalore, INDIA – 77 E 35’, 12 N 59’ Chart 2: Male; September 16, 1961; ORIGINAL TIME -> 2:34:00 PM (Uncertainty is 20 minutes); Secundrabad, INDIA – 78 E 30’, 17 N 27’ -
1. Continuation of Birth Time rectification using Vimsottari and ND. 2. Change of ASC in D9, D-3, D-10 3. Looking Siblings & their events in D-3 and Children & Grand Children in D-7
Chart 1: Individual, Male, DOB: Feb 25, 1963, 8:45 PM (IST) – Corrected Birth time 8:45:28 PM (IST), POB: Nellore, INDIA – 79 E 58’, 14 N 26’
1. Siblings and in-laws discussed.
Chart1: Male, DOB:02/25/1963 Time:8:45:29 PM Long 79E58' Lat 14N26. Siblings and in-laws discussed. Chart2: Male, 12/11/1943; 8:08 Am; Aurora, CO; 104W 59' 3" and 39N44. Example Chart3: Male; 07/06/1946; 7:30 AM 4 hrs west of GMT; New Haven, CT.
1. Dasamsa Chart Rectification 2. Coming to USA – Foreign opportunities D-4 and Tithi Ashtottari Analysis. 3. Dasamsa Analysis. 4. Nakshatra dasas talked in detail
218 Lesson 21
Chart 1: Male; 13 June 1949, 10:55 am, Palayamkottai, India. 23
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Topics Covered 1. Election Candidacy and Muhurtha.
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 1: Chart of Vajpayee filing for nomination in 2004 Chart 2: Chart of John Kerry filing in 2004. Data - Jan 29 2004, 10:21 pm. 5 hrs West of GMT, Boston, MA, USA. 71W3’31”, 42N21’32” Chart 3: Chart of George Bush filing nomination in 2004. Data – 2 Sep 2004, 10:10:12 pm, 5 hrs West of GMT, Manhattan, NY. 78W53’, 40N47’. Chart 4: George Bush - US President (2000-200X); Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”). Chart 5: Al Gore – 31 Mar 1948 12:53 pm, 5 hrs West of GMT, 77W2’, 38N54’, Washington DC. Chart 6: Hillary Clinton – 26 Oct 1947 8:00 pm, 6 hrs West of GMT, 87W39’, 41N52’
1. What houses in a rasi chart show whether a person is a real saint or not. 2. Analysis of dasa and antardasa indicate the arrest of Swamiji. 3. Predictions about his release. 1. Analysis of political power, dharma. 2. Birth time Rectification and Analysis of Rasi chart and career.
Chart 1: Swami Jayendra Saraswati - July 18, 1935; 7:00 pm; 5:30:00 (East of GMT); 79E26 10N42.
1. Discussion on D-4, D6 & D16 charts.
Chart 1: Female, 24 Feb 1948; 2.36.20 pm IST; 80E8, 13N5 Chart 2: Male, 7 July 1968; 6:30p.m IST; 80E27, 16N85; Guntur, India. Chart 1: July 7, 1968, 6:30 P.M., 5:30:00(East of GMT), 80E27 16N18 Guntur, India.
Appendix B: Quick Reference Lesson 25
Topics Covered 1. Rasi (D1) showing Gajakesari, Tapasvi and Raja yogas 2. Navamsa (D9) – Musician combination and nature of spouse 3. Vimsamsa (D20) showing Raja yoga, devotion and religiousness 4. Dasamsa (D10) showing her disposition to work in the society 5. Factors causing her death – analysis using Rasi (D1) and Tithi Pravesh 6. Health related issues as seen from Shashtamsa (D6) and Trimsamsa(D30) 7. Issues relating to children as seen from Saptamsa (D7) 1. .Rasi (D1) 2. Navamsa (D9) 3. TP charts of 1996 4. Dasamsa (D10) 5. Siddhamsa(D24) 6. Saptamsa(D7) 7. Drekkana(D3) 8. Vimsamsa (D20) 9. Sa Dasa for Native 10. Some general dictums of physical appearance and health 11. Shashtamsa (D6) 12. Summary/Conclusion 13. Sunrise Definition
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 1: legendary Srimati M.S.Subbalaksmi’s chart Data: September 16, 1916 at 9:30 a.m. at Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
1. Discussion of Dasamsa(Change of career), Navamsa and
Chart 1: Lady; Jan 21, 1970; 10 50pm; Palakollu (81e44 16n32), 5:30EGMT. The
Chart 1: According to native’s mother the native (male, a student in the class as born on st Oct 21 , 1968 in Prodattur, Andhra Pradesh, India between 6:30 and 7:05pm. After birth time correction of his own chart native felt that 6:31pm IST was the right time. He requested the class to verify his birth time correction. The following are analyzed in the native’s chart
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Topics Covered Saptamsa analysis 2. Important Note about Sookshma antardasa, Prana antardasa and Deha antardasa. 3. Navamsa: Arranged marriage or Love marriage. 4. Navamsa: Analysis of spouse using Navamsa 5. Graha arudhas introduction 6. Highlight – Special Saptamsa condition.
Example Chart(s) Data modified birth time is 10:47:54 pm. Chart 2: Male, Apr 4 1970, 17:47:13 Machilipatnam, India.
1. Discussed his astrological learning using D24 chart using Chaturaseeti sama dasa. 2. Discussed political power, love marriage etc. 3. Discussed where their spouse comes from and how the marriage was arranged.
Chart 1: Male, 16 Sep 1961; 14:22 hrs IST; 78E30,17N27; Secundrabad India Chart 2: Male, Aug 20, 1944, 7:12:45 AM, 72E49, 18N58, India Chart 3: 3 males, Aug 31,1965; 2:9:27 AM IST, Kakinada India Chart 4: June 13, 1949, 10:52:4 AM IST, Palayamkottai, India Chart 5: May 21, 1974, 3:58 PM IST, Bangalore, India
4. Discussed how the astrology knowledge came from his grand father.
Chart 6: An astrologer's chart, Aug 7, 1963; 9:15 PM IST, 83E45, 23N13 India
4. Introduction to Narayana Dasa (ND, rasi based dasa. 5. Discussed in detail, the 3 types of analysis using Narayana dasa and antardasas. 6. Discussed a lady's chart for adoption
Chart 1: Nov 11, 1965; 7:57 PM IST, Narsapur, AP, India 84E48, 16N34
Appendix B: Quick Reference Lesson 30
Topics Covered 1. Discussion of ND to check the Sg & Aq antardasa in Sg ND using period entry chart (dasa pravesha chart). 2. Discussion of a chart, to see the Jaya yoga in D10. 3. Discussion of a puzzle (devastating event happened in native’s life) using ND, Vimsottari dasa and Tithi Pravesa charts.
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 1: Male, April 4, 1970; 17:47:13 IST, Machilipatnam, India Chart 2: George W. Bush – George W. Bush. Birth data: July 6, 1946, 7:26 (4:00 West of GMT), New Heaven, CT, USA (72 W 55’00”, 41 N 18’00”) Chart 3: April 7, 1971, 6:11AM, (IST) 73E40, 26N40
4. Discussion regarding an important change in his career recently chart using Tithi Pravesha chart and Narayana dasa,. 5. Discussion of a male native’s chart - for a puzzle about an event happened in his work place, using Tithi pravesha chart. 6. Discussion of a lady's for the marriage event in Leo Narayana dasa (ND).
Chart 1: Sep 16, 1961, 14:22 IST, Secunderabad, India Chart 2: Male, Nov 23, 1966, 5:10 AM IST, Thirivallur, India Chart 3: Female, Sep 12th 1971, 8:25 IST, Guntur, India
8. Find from the D-10 native’s likely career. 9. Narayana Dasa analysis of the Puzzle Chart1 10. Introduction to Narayana Dasa for Divisional Charts. D10 of the Puzzle Data analyzed. 11. D-24 Narayana Dasa analyzed
Chart 1: Male born on August 29, 1958, 11:44 P.M. (5 Hrs West of GMT), Gary, Indiana, USA (87W20’47”, 41N35’36”). [Please note the time zone is 5 hrs west and not 6 hrs west as given in the JHora] - Puzzle: Chart 2: Male born on September 16, 1961, 2:22 P.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Secundrabad, India (78E30’, 17N27’).
Lessons on Vedic Astrology
Topics Covered 12. Discussion about utility of astrology and how it should be applied for remedial measures.
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 3: August 31, 1965, 2:09:27 A.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Kakinada, India (82E13’ 16N56’) Chart 4: February 25, 1963, 8:45:29 P.M. (5.5 hrs East of GMT), Nellore, India (79E58’ , 14N26’)
1. Three-parts-rule to judge Narayana Dasa of Rasi Chart
Chart 1: April 4, 1970, 5:47:13 p.m. (+5.5 hrs East of GMT), Machilipatnam, India (81E08, 16N10)
1. Revision of the Narayana dasa rules of the previous class. 2. The marriage, job prospects, native’s relationship with her parents, mother’s fortune, father’s fortune and spouse’s fortune are analyzed using Narayana dasa and it’s variants.
Chart 1: Female, Sep 12, 1971; 8:25 AM (IST); Guntur, INDIA – 80 E 27’, 16 N 18’
6. Principles of Narayana Dasa – 3 parts rule revisited 7. Education – using Rasi Narayana Dasa and D-24 Narayana Dasa 8. Relationship with Parents using D-12 Narayana Dasa 9. Fortune of parents using D-12 Narayana Dasa
Chart 1: Jan 11th 1978; 12:23 PM; Methuen, MA, USA 71 W 11’ 29sec, 42 N 43’ 34sec; Name: AS (Tricky chart)
Appendix B: Quick Reference Lesson 36
Topics Covered 8. General Questions 9. Mundane Astrology – Introduction 10. Solar/Lunar Calendars, Suklanta Calendars. 11. Making mundane charts in the Jagannath Hora software.
3. Discussed on Mundane chart 4. Introduction of Bhinna Ashtaka varga (BAV), Ashtaka Varga (AV) and Sarva Ashataka Varga (SAV)
Example Chart(s) Data Chart 1: Lunar New Year Chart of Washington D.C. and Nov 2004 Election Analysis, Financial New Year Analysis. Chart 2: Financial New Year Chart Analysis for India for year 2004-2005. Chart 3: Amantha Chart (Chaitra Sukla PratiPada) of USA.
4. Continued discussion on Bhinna Ashtaka varga (BAV) and Sarva Ashataka Varga (SAV) 5. Introduced Transits theory (gochara) and how to make transit calendar 6. Introduced concept of Murthi of planets
1. Discussion on Transits (gocharas) and Astakavarga (AV).
Chart 1: Bill Gates. Oct.28 1955; 09.21.30 PM. GMT – 8; 122W20 and 47N36. Chart 2: Kiran – Male. May 21, 1974; 3:58 p.m IST, Bangalore, India; 77E38 12N59.
1. Discussion on mundane charts using Vimsottari dasa and Tithi Pravesha chart.
Chart 1: Discussion on Pakistan's Independence, Aug 14, 1947, 0:0:01 AM, 5:30 East of GMT, 67E03, 24N52'(Karachi) Chart 2: India's Independence chart, Aug 15, 1947, 0:0:0 IST,
Lessons on Vedic Astrology Topics Covered
1. Jaimini Upadesa Sutras. 2. Use of Navamsa (Dharmamsa) to understand characteristics of a person
1. Analysis of a puzzle for the correct marriage date out of four possible dates. 2. Predicting the financial position using D2 Hora chart with Narayana dasa (D2) 3. Meaning of the Hora chart houses from ASC and meaning of Arudha padas. 4. Analysis of a big industrialist’s financial status from his D2 hora chart. 1. Discussion of a male native, using Narayana dasa (ND), Tithi Pravesha chart to see his career prospects. 2. Discussion of D2 Hora chart using Narayana dasa to see native’s financial status
1. Questions and
Example Chart(s) Data 77E13', 28N40' (Delhi) Chart 1: Male, 4 Apr 1970; 17:47:13; Machilipatnam, India. 530 East GMT Chart 2: Male, May 26 1988, 7:27:54 AM 530 East GMT, Secunderbad, India. 78E30 17N27. Chart 3: Male, Oct 28 1955, 21:21:30 8 West GMT, 122W20 47N36 Chart 4: Pope John Paul II, May 18 1920, 17:30 2 East GMT 19E30 49N53 Chart 5: Male, June 11, 1948. 9:16:17 AM. Gopal Gunj, India. Chart 1: Male; Jan 20 1968; 2:55 AM (IST); Bangalore, India Chart 2: Male; June 13.1949; 10:52:04 IST; Palayamkottai, India. Chart 3: Male (Big Industrialist); April 7, 1893; 9:31 Hrs Local Mean Time (5 hrs, 43 minutes, 40 sec East of GMT); Jamnagar (85E55; 20N56), India
Chart 1: August 31, 1953; 4:05 AM IST, Visakhapatnam, India
Appendix B: Quick Reference Lesson
Topics Covered Answers Session. 2. Drig dasa – Brief Introduction 1. Graha Arudhas 2. Brief overview of beeja aksharas and beeja mantras and ida, pingala nadi. 3. Discussed Which is right – LMT or GMT? 4. Discussed Sachin Tendulkar’s chart. a. Marriage prediction, b. Guessing wife's career and application of Graha arudha c. Annual TP charts 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2009.
Example Chart(s) Data
Chart 1: Lady, Jan 10 1953, manchester UK – example time - 20:16 or 20:25? Example Chart 2: Sachin Tendulkar - Apr 24 1973, 16:28 IST, 73E 20N, 530 E GMT.
OM TAT SAT
12. VYAYA Loss (Moksha)
Ascendant Self, Body
3. SAHAJA Siblings
Greater Boston Jyotish Classes By P.V.R. Narasimha Rao, Sri Jagannath Center Conducted at Sadhu Vaswani Center, Dracut, Massachusetts, U.S.A.