Main Street Delaware Farmers’ Market The Main Street Delaware Farmers’ Market was created by Main Street Delaware to provide a venue in which local growers may sell locally grown produce and products directly to consumers. We rely on the honesty, integrity and courteousness of the growers/producers to provide good quality products at a fair price in a safe and attractive environment. This is for the overall benefit and satisfaction of the preservation of our downtown. The market’s main function is to bring awareness to the mission and vision of Main Street Delaware, Inc.; to give people a vibrant downtown experience.
2016 Rules and Regulations The following rules and regulations have been established in order to create a market that offers local produce and products to the consumer directly from the producer. The goodwill and consideration of growers and producers to others will ensure the smooth operation of the market. Read these rules and regulations carefully before signing your application and keep this copy for your records. Failure to observe them may result in termination of your market assignment. If you have questions regarding these rules or joining the market, call the Main Street Delaware director, Frances-Jo Hamilton at (740) 362-6050 or email at [email protected]
1) Only regional growers, family members, partners, employees or members of a cooperative farming group may sell at the market. Exceptions may be made by the market manager. 2) Produce/products sold must be grown /produced by the principal grower/ producer. NO BROKERS OR RESELLERS ARE PERMITTED. This will be enforced! Farms/properties may be inspected at the discretion of the market manager to ensure all products are grown by vendors. 3) Produce must be grown in Delaware County or in a contiguous county. Exceptions may be made by market manager. Requests for exceptions must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of market day. 4) Produce offered for sale must be grown, harvested and cared for post-harvest to assure customers receive fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables. Produce suitable only for processing (jams, etc.) must be labeled as such. 5) Crafts may be sold at the market. All items to be sold must be “home grown” or “home made”. No exceptions. Items not permitted include animals, flea market-type items. All crafts must be juried by market manager before they will be allowed to be sold at the market. Photos may be sent to [email protected]
to be juried. Crafts will be limited to 15% of our overall market numbers. 20 E. Winter Street Delaware, Ohio 43015 740 362-6050 [email protected]
6) Individual producers will be responsible for adhering to product labeling regulations, registering scales, and conforming to applicable city, state, and federal laws including securing of any licenses required for the operation of your market space. 7) Vendors are encouraged to provide their own liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars. Vendors will be requested to sign a liability waiver (in this document). 8) Vendors will not be permitted to participate who have a business or store front selling the same items. Past market vendors who do not meet that criteria may be grandfathered in at the discretion of the market manager. 9) Refrigeration is not available. Electricity is not provided but may be arranged by the seller and willing downtown merchant. 10) All vendors selling edible products are required to follow the cottage food selling regulations from the Delaware General Health District. These requirements are available at the Farmers’ Market or at the Health Department. Your booth may be inspected by the Delaware General Health District for safe food regulation compliance. It is your responsibility to adhere to any and all regulations pertaining to your products. You may call Shannon Self at the Delaware General Health District (740) 368-1700 for more information. 11) Setup for the Saturday market will begin no earlier than 8:30 and selling begins at 9:30 a.m. Sales end at 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Setup for the Wednesday market will begin at 2:00 p.m. Selling will begin at 3:00 and end at 6:00 p.m. If you require additional time for set-up, please inform the market manager. Early selling will not be permitted. Please note: If you are not at the market within 10 minutes after the market has begun, and have not notified us that you will be late, your space may be given to another vendor. Please call market manager prior to market day, if you know in advance that you will be late. You may call or text at 740-816-3859. 12) The 2016 season will begin on May 21 and run through Saturday, October 29, 2016, weather permitting. 13) The Market Manager(s) is responsible for space assignments, public safety, and enforcement of the market rules. If you have a concern or complaint regarding rules please submit your complaint to the market manager in writing and it will be reviewed with the market manager, the president of Main Street Delaware’s Board of Directors and the Executive Director. Please note that all rules are subject to change based on the overall betterment of the market and downtown Delaware.
20 E. Winter Street Delaware, Ohio 43015 740 362-6050 [email protected]
14) Vendors may double park to unload & load. This should take no longer than 10 – 15 minutes. Please use flashers and observe great caution. After unloading, please park in a rear parking lot so nearby parking spaces are available for Market customers. On str eet par king in the downtown is for bidden. 15) Market prices for all items must be visibly posted. All growers are responsible for setting their own prices. Price setting will never be allowed. If you are selling items by exact weight, you must have access to an inspected scale. 16) Operate your stand in a safe, sanitary, and neat manner. Keep sales area clear of garbage and keep produce off the ground. Sellers must clean up their spaces after each market. A broom and dust pan will be provided, if needed. Vendors must be courteous and honest at all times. Do not block the entrances of the downtown retail establishments. 17) No smoking will be permitted in the far mer s’ market vendor area. 18) You must pay in advance for market space or on the day of the market. CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO MAIN STREET DELAWARE, INC. If you pay weekly, you may be given a slip for the following market. 19) The Market Manager reserves the right to admit or reject any vendor for any reason not prohibited by law. 20) Farmers participating in the Senior Voucher Program will bundle all vouchers in groups of 25 or less using rubber bands, making sure that all voucher blanks are filled out and all vouchers are turned the same way in each stack. You will receive a stack of receipts. Please fill out one for yourself and one for the market manager and turn in with your vouchers at least one hour before the end of any market. Please be sure to turn in vouchers to the market at which they were redeemed. Refused adherence to this rule could exclude you from the program for the remainder of the season. Reimbursement checks could take up to 3 weeks. Please remember this is a voluntary program and you are agreeing to these terms by agreeing to accept Senior Vouchers at the Main Street Delaware Farmers’ Market. For questions please call Frances at 740-362-6050. Fees for 2016: All season (24 weeks) = $168 (covers both Saturdays and Wednesdays) or $10/ week (for consecutive Saturday/Wednesay). Non-profit organizations, such as Scouts are welcome to set up, at no charge, on a limited rotating basis, with advance notice. Main Street Delaware, Inc. does not enforce the United States Dept. of Agriculture requirements. In case of U.S.D.A. inspection, the vendor is held responsible for compliance. For more information, please contact the OHIO Department of Agriculture office, @ 614-728-6200. You may also contact the Food Safety Division @ 1-800-282-1955, ext 3. 20 E. Winter Street Delaware, Ohio 43015 740 362-6050 [email protected]
2016 Main Street Delaware Farmers’ Market Application Questions marked with an * are required
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY NAME*: __________________________________________________________ FARM NAME*:____________________________________________________ ADDRESS*: _______________________________________________________ CITY*: _____________________ STATE*: _________ ZIP*: _______________ PHONE*:
WEBSITE ADDRESS: _______________________________________________ E-Mail ADDRESS*: _________________________________________________
1. Which day(s) will you participate at the Main Street Market*? Saturday and Wednesday Saturday Only Wednesday Only 2. Which month(s) will you participate at the Main Street Market*? Entire 2013 Season or May June July Aug Sept Oct 3. How did you hear about us*? Returning Vendor Market Mailing Referred by another vendor
4. Will you be accepting Senior Vouchers*? _______
Market Staff No
5. If accepting Senior Vouchers, check should be made payable to*? ___________________________________________________________ 6. How long has your farm been in business? What do you grow/raise?_______ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ 7. What will you sell at the Main Street Market*?_________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ 8. Can you provide proof of insurance*?
Waiver of Liability: The undersigned agrees to release Main Street Delaware, Inc., its agents, officers, volunteers and the City of Delaware, its agents, employees, officers and volunteers from any and all claims of any kind resulting in participation in the Main Street Famers’ Market. 20 E. Winter Street Delaware, Ohio 43015 740 362-6050 [email protected]
Signature* ______________________________________Date _____________________ By signing I agree to adhere to all rules listed and acknowledge the program function. Return this page to your market manager.