NOMINATION OF HISTORIC DISTRICT PHILADELPHIA REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES PHILADELPHIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION SUBMIT ALL ATTACHED MATERIALS ON PAPER AND IN ELECTRONIC FORM ON CD (MS WORD FORMAT)
1. NAME OF HISTORIC DISTRICT Tudor East Falls Historic District
2. LOCATION Please attach a map of Philadelphia locating the historic district. Councilmanic District(s):____4th _______
3. BOUNDARY DESCRIPTION Please attach a map of the district and a written description of the boundary.
4. DESCRIPTION Please attach a description of built and natural environments in the district.
5. INVENTORY Please attach an inventory of the district with an entry for every property. All street addresses must coincide with official Board of Revision of Taxes addresses. Total number of properties in district:_210___________ Count buildings with multiple units as one. Number of properties already on Register/percentage of total:__0____/___0%___ Number of significant properties/percentage of total:____0______/____0%_____ Number of contributing properties/percentage of total:____210___/__100%_____ Number of non-contributing properties/percentage of total:___0___/___0%_______
6. SIGNIFICANCE Please attach the Statement of Significance. Period of Significance (from year to year): from _1925__ to _1935__
CRITERIA FOR DESIGNATION: The historic district satisfies the following criteria for designation (check all that apply): (a) Has significant character, interest or value as part of the development, heritage or cultural characteristics of the City, Commonwealth or Nation or is associated with the life of a person significant in the past; or, (b) Is associated with an event of importance to the history of the City, Commonwealth or Nation; or, (c) Reflects the environment in an era characterized by a distinctive architectural style; or, (d) Embodies distinguishing characteristics of an architectural style or engineering specimen; or, (e) Is the work of a designer, architect, landscape architect or designer, or engineer whose work has significantly influenced the historical, architectural, economic, social, or cultural development of the City, Commonwealth or Nation; or, (f) Contains elements of design, detail, materials or craftsmanship which represent a significant innovation; or, (g) Is part of or related to a square, park or other distinctive area which should be preserved according to an historic, cultural or architectural motif; or, (h) Owing to its unique location or singular physical characteristic, represents an established and familiar visual feature of the neighborhood, community or City; or, (i) Has yielded, or may be likely to yield, information important in pre-history or history; or (j) Exemplifies the cultural, political, economic, social or historical heritage of the community.
7. MAJOR BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES Please attach a bibliography.
8. NOMINATOR Name with Title: John Cugini ________________________ Email: [email protected]
____ Organization:______________________________________Date: ________________________ Street Address: 3444 West Penn Street ________________Telephone: 215-219-9100______ City, State, and Postal Code: Philadelphia, PA 19129__________________________________ PHC USE ONLY Date of Receipt:______________________________________________________________ Correct-Complete
Date of Preliminary Eligibility:____________________________________________________ Date of Notice Issuance:________________________________________________________ Date(s) Reviewed by the Committee on Historic Designation:___________________________ Date(s) Reviewed by the Historical Commission:_____________________________________ Date of Final Action:___________________________________________________________ Designated