TenPoint Crossbow Technologies® Shadow ultra-lite™ & LADY SHADOW™ ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS To prevent injury to yourself or others, or damage to your crossbow, read this manual along with all other operating and safety instructions included in your crossbow package before assembling, loading or using the crossbow.
THIS MANUAL COVERS:
TenPoint Crossbow Technologies® 1325 Waterloo Road Mogadore, OH 44260-9608
SHADOW ULTRA-LITE & LADY SHADOW Assembly The Shadow Ultra-Lite and Lady Shadow crossbows are easy to assemble. Basically, all you have to do is bolt the bow assembly to the stock assembly, install the foot stirrup and you are ready to shoot. Once assembled correctly, your crossbow is pre-sighted for 20-yards. Lay out the contents of your crossbow box in front of you. Be certain the box contains all of the following items before beginning assembly (photo 1): • • • • •
One (1) complete stock assembly One (1) complete bow assembly One (1) cable saver One (1) VIBRA-CUSH™ (pre-installed at factory) One (1) large clear plastic bag containing paperwork (including a warranty card) and one (1) other sealed plastic bag containing the main assembly bolt, Allen wrenches and a sample tube of oil.
A F E B
A. Stock Assembly B. Bow Assembly C. Cable Saver D. VIBRA-CUSH E. Main Assembly Bolt F. Foot Stirrup
ASSEMBLY STEPS 1. Attach the cable saver to the cables. Note: Do not attach the bow assembly to the stock assembly without the cable saver – cable damage will occur and the crossbow will be unsafe to shoot.
• When viewing the cable saver from the side, with its “dish” (concave surface) facing up, notice that one of the two cable notches is positioned deeper into the cable saver (closer to the “dish”) than the other. • •
Because the cables cross, one rests on top of the other. The top cable goes into the deeper of the two cable saver notches and the bottom cable goes into the shallower cable saver notch (photo 2), allowing the cable saver to maintain a relatively level position on top of the two cables. 3 Before sliding the cable saver into the barrel’s cable slot, apply a small amount of wax, such as TenPoint’s String Wax and Conditioner (HCA-11007), to the “dish” (concave surface) or top of the cable saver (the part that comes in contact with the underside of the barrel’s arrow flight groove).
2. Attach the bow assembly to the stock assembly as follows: •
Make certain your cables go into the correct slots in your cable saver.
The bow string sits on the barrel’s flight deck while the cable saver and cables slide into the cable slot.
Position the bowstring on top of the barrel’s flight deck while you insert the cable saver (concave side up) and the cables into the barrel’s cable slot. The cable saver’s concave groove (“dish”) should mate with the underside of the barrel’s arrow flight groove (photo 3).
The VIBRA-CUSH goes between the riser and the barrel, cutout side facing the barrel.
• Ensure that the pre-installed VIBRA-CUSH is in place with its cutout side facing the barrel (photo 4). •
Pull the bow assembly toward the trigger assembly until the riser location rod, protruding from the front of the barrel and through the VIBRA-CUSH, mates with the hole in the riser. Do not twist or rock the bow assembly to the extent that you rub the cables along the slightly sharp edges of the barrel’s cable slot. You do not want to cut any of your cable strands. Pulling up and back slightly on the bowstring may assist you in seating the bow assembly onto the stock assembly (photo 5).
After you make sure the main assembly bolt’s locking setscrew is loosened, insert the main assembly bolt. You may need to use your free hand to lift the string off the barrel (sometimes as much as an inch) until the hole in the end of the riser rod and the assembly bolt hole in the riser are perfectly aligned. Then, finger-tighten the bolt at least a few turns.
Finish tightening the bolt using your Allen wrench while 2. Main Assembly Bolt’s Locking Setscrew 3. Foot Stirrup Locking Setscrew continuing to lift the string off the barrel (photo 6). If the alignment is correct, you will have no difficulty. Do not use a cheater-bar when tightening the main assembly bolt. Note: To avoid excessive serving wear, you may need to tighten the bolt a bit more until you relieve any excessive string pressure on the flight deck.
Pull up and back slightly on the bow string to seat the bow assembly.
1. Main Assembly Bolt
• Insert the foot stirrup into the two receiving holes located at the front of the riser. Make sure the “valley” in the stirrup’s foot-pad points down so that it does not block the arrow’s flight path. Note: If you will be mounting the 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver, follow the directions in the Quiver Mounting section below. • Tighten the locking setscrews located on the bottom of the riser to lock the main assembly bolt and the foot stirrup in place (photo 7).
Once the foot stirrup is in place, tighten all three setscrews. See below if mounting the 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver.
• You are now ready to test-fire your crossbow and fine-tune your sights (See appropriate Cocking, Loading & Sighting sections in the general manual).
SHADOW ULTRA-LITE & LADY SHADOW QUIVER MOUNTING Your Shadow Ultra-Lite or Lady Shadow quiver & mounting kit is easy to install. * If you will be installing the Ambidextrous Side-Mount Quiver Bracket, please refer to the corresponding insert in your Owner’s Manual packet.
1. The 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver Kit contains the following parts: • • • • • • • • • • •
One (1) Quiver One (1) Rubber hose (quiver hanger) Two (2) Hose plugs One (1) Quick disconnect (male) attachment Two (2) ¾-inch oval counter-sink Phillips screws One (1) Quick disconnect (female) attachment with lever Two (2) Phillips pan-head machine screws One (1) Quiver mounting bracket Two (2) 7/16-inch Nylock Nuts Two (2) ¾-inch setscrews Two (2) 1-inch setscrews (only for Wicked Ridge quiver mounting)
3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver Mounting Kit
2. Attach the rubber hose to the quiver cup. First, from the bottom of the quiver’s cup, insert both ends of the rubber hose approximately two-inches into each hole and insert a hose plug into each end. Then, pull the hose back toward the bottom of the quiver cup and seat the hose plugged ends into the counter-sunk holes (photo 2). Note: Once inserted, the hose plugs cannot be removed. 3. Position the quick disconnect (male) attachment to the backside of the quiver post, over the 3rd and 4th holes from the quiver cup*. Insert the 3/4-inch oval counter-sink Phillips screws and tighten (photo 3). * If using the optional TenPoint Ambidextrous Side-Mount Quiver Bracket (HCA-017), position the male attachment over the two holes closest to the quiver cup. 4. Remove the two ¼-inch setscrews holding the foot stirrup in place (photo 4). 2
Attach rubber hose to quiver cup.
Attach quick detach (male) attachment.
Remove 1/4-inch setscrews holding foot stirrup in place.
5. Place the quiver’s mounting bracket over the two holes you just removed the setscrews from. The mounting bracket holes should face forward toward the foot stirrup (see photo for orientation). First, insert and tighten the two ¾-inch setscrews (with Nylock nuts) into the same holes you removed the original setscrews from. Then, tighten the two Nylock nuts until the quiver mounting bracket is secure (photo 5). Use a 7/16-inch open-ended wrench to tighten. Note: Do not over-tighten. 6. Install the quick disconnect (female) attachment with lever on the quiver mounting bracket using the two Phillips pan-head machine screws. Align the open end with the lever either facing the left or right side of the crossbow, based on personal preference (photo 6). 7. Insert the quiver with male attachment into the quick disconnect (female) attachment with lever, and lock into place (photo 7). 5
Place the quiver bracket assembly over the two setscrew holes and insert 3/4-inch setscrews and Nylock nuts.
Install the quick disconnect (female) attachment.
Insert the 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver into the female bracket and lock into place with the lever.
SAFETY Wings DANGER
Keep your fingers and thumb on your fore-grip hand below the string and arrow flight deck when you fire your crossbow. Otherwise, the bow string will severely injure or amputate them when you pull the trigger.
Note: The Shadow Ultra-Lite & Lady Shadow come standard with rubber safety wings which are designed to help keep the shooter’s fore-grip fingers and thumb safely below the flight deck while shooting. The wings, which are bedded between the stock and barrel, also serve as noise dampeners. If for any reason they are lost or damaged, contact TenPoint for replacement immediately at www.tenpointcrossbows.com or 330-628-9245.
Safety wings are bedded between the stock and barrel. They help prevent thumb and finger injury and they dampen noise.
Proper hand position.
STRING & CABLE SPECIFICATIONS SHADOW ULTRA-LITE Part Number Length Materials Twists
HCA-12112-R 32’’ D-75, 30 strands 14-16
HCA-12912-R 13.625”, 12” yoke D-75, 28 strands 9-11
LADY SHADOW Part Number Length Materials Twists
HCA-12115-P 32’’ D97, 28 strands Pre-twisted
HCA-12915-P 13.625", 12" yoke D97, 28 strands Pre-twisted