Problem: Charlie got a concussion and cannot find his way back to the Chocolate factory. This is quite a problem because he has a golden ticket and needs to find his way back before the special day that Willy Wonka only let’s five children into his chocolate factory.
What to do: Go though these following websites discovering other books that Roald Dahl has created and some facts about Roald Dahl to help him find his home. Once you are finished you will get to choose a Roald Dahl book to read and give a book talk on the novel.
Questions: 1. Roald Dahl describes his life in two books what are they? http://home.rotfl.org/me/r_dahl/r_dahl.html
2. At a very young age, Roald Dahl loved to write, where did he put his secret diary? http://www.roalddahl.com/ click on biography and look under childhood.
3. Charlie wants to celebrate Roald Dahl day but cannot remember what day it is, do you know? http://www.puffin.co.uk/static/cs/uk/15/minisites/dahlday/challenge. html
4. What did Roald Dahl help invent? http://www.readathon.org/roald_dahl.html
5. Charlie stumbles upon the BFG, and has a hard time understanding him when he uses such vocabulary: butteryflies, scrumdiddlyumptious, frobscottle, scrumplet. What does BFG stand for? http://www.roalddahlfans.com/books/bfg.php
6. Charlie gets confused and meets Mr. and Mrs. Twit, what is the name of this book in Norway? http://www.roalddahlfans.com/books/twit.php
7. Charlie asks the Grand High Witch how to get back to the factory, she does not seem happy when he meets with her, what does she not like about him? http://www.kidsreads.com/reviews/0141301104.asp
8. Charlie took a class from Miss Honey, in Matilda and got quite a sight. Read the excerpt from the book to find out who was responsible for the writings on the board. http://www.vtaide.com/png/matilda.htm
9. Charlie notices a giant peach but cannot tell who is inside do you know who the main character is in this book? http://www.teachervision.fen.com/fiction/readinginstruction/1737.html
10. Charlie sees a chocolate factory, and thinks he’s almost home. Unfortunately he is only in Hershey, Pennsylvania, read the Making Chocolate tour and write 3 interesting facts about the process. http://www.hersheys.com/discover/chocolate.asp#
11. Charlie dug into his pocket and found a golden ticket; he remembered that he was not the only one. Originally there were more then five people that got golden tickets, who where they and what happened to them? http://www.roalddahlmuseum.org/uploads/Charlie%20and%20the%20 Chocolate%20fact.pdf
12. Congratulations you helped Charlie find his way back home! Play a game from the Wonka website to celebrate! http://www.wonka.com/gamecentral/
13. You are not quite done yet! Pick one of the following books that was mentioned in this web quest to read and do a book talk about, which we will be discussing later this week.
- The BFG
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Witches
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- The Twits